Mt. Healthy Christian Village a not-for-profit, Christian based, Senior Living Community currently has a full time Health Information Management Specialist/Medical Recordsposition available. The candidate must be able to work independently, be very organized, have excellent communication skills and have at least 1 year experience in long term care as a Medical Records/Healthy Information Management.
1. Receive and follow work schedule/instructions from your supervisor and as outlined in our established policies and procedures.
2. Assist in organizing, planning and directing the HIM Department in accordance with established policies and procedures.
3. Collect, assemble, check and file resident charts as required.
4. Ensure incomplete records/charts are returned to nursing service, ancillary staff and
physicians for correction/completion.
5. Ensure that work/assignment areas are clean and records, files, etc. are properly stored before leaving such areas on breaks, end of work day, etc.
6. Assist in developing procedures to ensure medical records are properly completed,
coded, signed, data computerized, etc., before filing.
7. Collect and assemble/compile records for committee review, as requested, and prepare reports for staff/other committees as directed.
8. Establish a procedure to ensure charts/records do not leave the HIM Department unless authorized and per facility policies and procedures.
9. Maintain the Accounting of Disclosure Log for review/copies of resident medical
10. Abstract information from medical records as authorized/required for insurance companies, Medicare, etc.
11. Maintain various registries as directed including register for admission and discharge of residents.
12. Establish and maintain the Master Patient Index.
1. Participates in the overall Quality Improvement Program activities.
2. Other related duties as may become necessary or as directed by your supervisor, department director, and/or Administrator.
3. Perform miscellaneous duties pertaining to medical records and assist Business Office personnel as required/directed.
4. Ensure that resident’s rights to fair and equitable treatment, self-determination, individuality, privacy, property and civil rights including the right to wage complaints are followed.
5. Assist the HIM consultant/supervisor as needed or required.
6. Develop and maintain a good working rapport with all facility personnel to ensure that the medical records are properly maintained.
7. Maintain CONFIDENTIALITY of all information to ensure that resident rights are protected.
8. Report all unsafe/hazardous conditions, defective equipment, etc. to the supervisor as required by facility policy.
9. Ensure medical record forms have been replenished in work areas as necessary.
10. Scheduled work hours for the HIM department is maintained.
11. Attend and participate in in-service educational classes and on-the-job training programs.
12. Attend and participate in workshops, seminars, etc., as approved.