Mt. Hood Community College

Mt. Hood Community College Employer Reviews

Think Twice Before Working Here
Director of Communications (Former Employee), Gresham, ORNovember 21, 2014
Pros: on the bus line, one or two friendly people, some parts of campus are nice to look at.
Cons: you have to go outside to find a bathroom and when you do, all the faucets are programmed to deliver only cold water, the food has improved a bit, but they have still have a ways to go, the buildings are falling apart, don't wear heels in the parking lot -- you are sure to trip or twist an ankle on the uneven surface.
Mount Hood Community College was a nice place to work a long time ago. These days it is floundering with no real direction. They say staff are their most valuable resources, but their actions do not support their clever words.

You have to go outside to find a bathroom and when you do, all the faucets are programmed to deliver only cold water. The food has improved a bit, but they have still have a ways to go.

The buildings are falling apart. Don;t wear heals in the parking lot -- you are sure to trip or twist an ankle on the uneven surface.
Temporary Work Study Employment
Aide/Lab ast. III (Current Employee), Gresham, ORNovember 7, 2014
It is a great place to work. My management team members are very supportive and knowledgeable. Typical day includes making copies, grading, data entry, setting up and taking down labs, filing, creating forms and worksheets for students and instructors, helping students with directions, answering questions, assisting with homework, aiding the instructors with tasks needed doing, running errands, creating and maintaining filing and organizational systems, and that is a slow day . The employees are friendly and fun to work with. The hardest part about my job, is that it is almost over.
Productive and diverse campus.
Student of Associate of Applied Science- Marketing (Current Employee), Gresham, ORNovember 7, 2014
I enjoy being a student of MHCC, my course of studies will be coming to an end shortly and I look forward to applying my new found knowledge towards a great career.
rewarding and positive work environment
Specialist (Former Employee), Gresham, ORAugust 17, 2014
Best part of the job is the interaction with the students. I worked in a great department and my supervisor was NOT a micro-manager, so I had creative freedom to develop and be of service to our students.

MHCC has a lot of long-term employees-good and bad. Still, one of the best places I've ever worked.
Not really what I wanted to do
Theater Assistant (Former Employee), 26000 SE Cherry Park RdJuly 25, 2014
Pros: lunch breaks
I would rather not talk about this one. it is too personal on what I did on a daily basis.
Overall good place to work.
Geology Lab Assistant (Former Employee), Gresham, ORJuly 10, 2014
I loved the people I worked with. Not only was it an opportunity to learn but an opportunity to help others learn.
MHCC
Student Aide - IS Dept (Former Employee), Gresham, ORJune 3, 2014
Loved working here while attending college. Worked in the IS Dept, assisting with database creation and updating, creating excel spreadsheets, assisting helpdesk.
MHCC cares for its students
Coordinator of Board and Public Relations (Current Employee), Gresham, ORMarch 10, 2014
Pros: great benifits
Cons: state funding continues to be a hardship
Like all Oregon community College, Mt. Hood Community College continues to struggle with a lack of state funding.

The college invests a lot into providing a great learning environment for its students.
Productive and fun workplace
Student Assistant (Current Employee), Gresham, OROctober 27, 2013
I had a great experience working for this company. They were extremely flexible with my schedule, very helpful and egger to teach me new things. I think I had the best boss because of her fun and positive personality.
Hard
Custodian (Former Employee), Gresham, ORAugust 1, 2013
Pros: you can be a student and work at the same time
Cons: part time people- 1000 hrs a year, full time is hard to get
This job is like most cleaning jobs, such as eyes for detail past basic cleaning. The hard factor of this job is not only is there detail cleaning but you also have to cleaning during events. Before and events starts, usually you will have to set up tables, chairs and dividers to the customers expectation. Then after the event is over, tearing them down. So this job has NO down time what so ever
Excellent place to work
Writing Tutor (Former Employee), Gresham, ORJune 30, 2013
Pros: great management, satisfying work
Cons: not enough hours
Mt Hood is a wonderful school and an engaging, satisfying place to work. Tutoring college students of all levels is both challenging and rewarding, but having repeat students who come in and ask specifically for me made me feel like I was doing something right. The management was great--flexible and available for any questions the employers may have. I'd love to work here again.
friendly environment.
Bilingual office specialist/receptionist (Current Employee), Gresham, ORJune 28, 2012
It is very nice and friendly environment where instructors and employees providing best service for our students. I love helping all kinds of students, learning new languages.
fun to work at
Math and Chemistry Tutor (Current Employee), Gresham OregonJune 24, 2012
I enjoyed working for them. The pay is Ok but if you are going to school there you can work around your classes. I also like the fact I could stay up on the skills I have learned. I know that my math has gotten much better along with the other subject I have studied.
Interesting people to work for
Peer Mentor (Former Employee), Gresham,ORMay 17, 2012
Pros: study and work
Cons: not a lot of shade to study area outside
Working at the college gave me the chance to enroll my daughter in the head start on campus:).