Mt. San Antonio College Employee Reviews

Great Place to work
Coordinator of Grants (Former Employee) –  Walnut, CAJanuary 3, 2018
This is a great place to work and attend college. Mt. SAC has a lot to offer. The only downfall is a person often cannot work full-time and also teach at the college due to overtime allotment that the college does not have in its budget.
Great school
Computer Technician (Former Employee) –  Pomona, CADecember 9, 2017
my time at MTSAC was awesome, I met some great people, i learned about networking PC's Punch downs, Network mapping, Security and how much college kids like hacking
Good Student Job
Anatomy/Physiology Coach (Current Employee) –  Walnut, CADecember 8, 2017
I am here only temporarily, but I love working with students and faculty alike. I find working with them a rewarding experience, and I feel that this is a good platform for future endeavors.
Pros
rewarding
Cons
maximum hours is 19
Well-structured, but could've prepared instructors about office policies
Part-time ESL Faculty for both Institutions (Former Employee) –  Walnut, CANovember 24, 2017
The curriculum and testing material was well planned out. I went to a lot of staff meetings, but wasn't quite prepared about office policies. I had to learn the hard way of what to do when absent to teach.
work study place
Student Assistant (Former Employee) –  Walnut, CANovember 8, 2017
After school, I went to the office and worked there for hours assisting students working, and I performed other duties required by my supervisor like making copies at the xerox machines, from which i learned a lot fixing it. The hardest part of the job was I worked in the student canteen doing the cleaning and receiving supply of food, and cans going to the underground stockroom, but I overcame it. Well, it's not bad to worked at the school after all. The hardship earning money
and work study. It's worth paid for I deserved it.
Pros
Free lunch, yes.
Cons
Stressful
Great work environment
Adjunct Faculty Clinical Instructor (Current Employee) –  Walnut, CAOctober 20, 2017
It was great to work with the staff and teaching the students. Management was easy to approach and easy to talk to. Management was also easy to get a hold of and had an open door policy.
Great institution to work at
Adjunct Reading Instructor (Current Employee) –  Walnut, CAOctober 16, 2017
Mt. San Antonio College is a great institution to work at. The faculty in Learning Assistance are very supportive and kind to all adjuncts and I have benefitted greatly from working here.
Pros
Pay, collaborative environment
Cons
Productive and wfun place to work with all types of animals.
Student Assistant (Former Employee) –  Walnut, CASeptember 8, 2017
During spring and fall: I would clock in get all the dogs out from the indoor kennels to the outdoor kennels. Get all the food ready for the dogs and water. During the time the dogs were eating we got the indoor kennels clean and washed out. Depending on the medication requirements the medication would be given before or after feeding. Had to complete charts after everyone was feed, medication was given, and cleaning was done, Also make sure that nobody dropped any medication in kennel. Once all was checked out paperwork had to be filled out. I was student super visor which insure that all the volunteers were learning and getting all things done with correct protocol. I would communicate via phone with my supervisor. Great direct management. The work culture was very relaxed. The hardest thing was not being full time. The most enjoyable was learning about animals and working with students teaching them.
Summer and winter: We had no dog so I would work at the form. Duties included cleaning stalls, feeding, medicating and grooming cows and horses. All the work was enjoyable.
Pros
Working with Animals
Cons
Not many hours and no health insurance
Productive and fun place to relax for students
Peer Mentor (Former Employee) –  Walnut, CASeptember 5, 2017
In this work space it is very relaxed, yet enforced that students get their work done before relaxing. In this work space we as student workers have the responsibility to keep other students on task. We are there to help students understand that there are other students just like them willing to help and be examples to them as well. Mt. Sac is a great school because there are endless jobs for students to apply to and become student workers.
Pros
Priority to see counselors, free food, learn how the school system works
Cons
short breaks, working while students are on summer or winter break
Supervisor at Alternate Media Department
Alternate Media Technician (Former Employee) –  Walnut, CAAugust 15, 2017
Worked as the supervisor and alternate media technician for the Disabled Students Department. On a daily basis, updated the production log, prioritized orders, assigned requests to staffs, and discussed orders with students. It was a wonderful experience where my job was helping students with disabilities to succeed in their college career.
Great work environment
Student Assistant V (Former Employee) –  Walnut, CAAugust 7, 2017
It can vary a lot by department and position, but as a student assistant it was an excellent student job with great supervisors, coworkers, pay, and etc.
Pros
Access to fridge/microwave/sink
Cons
Limited hours, as student jobs are.
I would not recommend
Student Assistant III (Former Employee) –  Walnut, CAJuly 6, 2017
Very basic office training and really just a place for you to learn what the bare minimum of what office jobs entail. No room for advancement and you are advised from the beginning that there is no career available in that department.
Great Atmosphere
Industrial Design Lab Technician (Former Employee) –  Walnut, CAJune 30, 2017
Mount San Antonio College provides a wonderful work and learning environment. The work environment was absolutely enjoyable with a great setting for expanding your knowledge.
productive and fun work place
Student Assistant (Former Employee) –  Walnut, CAJune 25, 2017
removed stains off uniforms, washed and dried sports uniforms, game day set up, I enjoy working in athletics, being around a diverse environment. completed inventory.
Pros
free food, begales bread etc, ..
Cons
N?A
great place to learn new things
Note Taker (Current Employee) –  Walnut, CAMay 23, 2017
I love being a Mountie study. I been attending to this college since 2013 right after graduating from high school. They provide great programs that help you achieve your career totally recommend this school.
Pros
everything
Cons
parking spaces
Good teaching rxperience
Tutor (Current Employee) –  TERCMay 16, 2017
As a math major I believe it's a great exoerience
I hold sessions
Students come study as I help them figure out the steps without teaching
So I help them know it without telling them the answer
School Project
Mechanical Engineer (Former Employee) –  Walnut, CAMay 9, 2017
Good first engineering experience. Learned about the prototyping and testing. Applied CAD skills using SolidWorks. Mostly student-run project. Going on a field trip was the most enjoyable part.
great team work
Student Assistant 1 (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaMay 6, 2017
My position had an awesome supervisor which always tried to adjust our work schedule with our school schedule. This made going to school and working less stressful.
Pros
school and work in the same diameter
Cons
difficult to handle tasks when others called out
Great atmosphere to be around and work in
Program Aide (Former Employee) –  Walnut, CAApril 24, 2017
A typical day is helping out students and faculty members with needs by overseeing the front desk.
I learned how to file files, I learned how to check-in students, I learned how to handle confidential paperwork, and keep track of all the Lost and Found items, etc.
The management is great, they're all friendly and very understanding. As well as very helpful to teach you new things.
The workplace culture is a diverse culture and it's a great opportunity to learn from.
The most enjoyable part of my job is working with all the students and faculty and knowing I am helping them out in someway of another.
Great workplace
Intern (Former Employee) –  Walnut, CAApril 23, 2017
I learned a lot and got to experience so much. I am very grateful for Mt. Sac as they provided me a hands on professional learning environment. I hope to come back one day.