Mt. San Antonio College Employee Reviews

An Overall Positive Experience
Sign Language Interpreter I (Former Employee) –  Walnut, CAJanuary 5, 2016
I enjoyed very much being an interpreter for Mt. SAC. My particular position doesn't offer any of the benefits that are typically included in working with a College. No health, no dental, but they did recently add Sick-Time. The hours are very dependent on the students and so consistency cannot be expected, but the hourly rate is fair. The work environment is very friendly and all of the staff/and management personnel did an excellent job making working there as fair as possible. Keep in mind that my complaints are about the system of avoiding benefits for Interpreters, nothing to do with the individuals who work and supervise there.
Pros
Wonderful working environment, great staff, very friendly
Cons
no benefits and inconsistency of hours (not by the fault of the staff)
Best and fun center
Floater Teacher (Former Employee) –  Walnut, CASeptember 3, 2015
I was a work study for 1 year and then got hired on. The lead teacher was very understanding and a genuine nice lady. All the teachers in the class worked well together. We had great communication with the parents.
This has been one of the best centers I have worked at. The only con about it is it is only part time and minimum wage, unless you're a lead teacher or maybe even associate.
A lot of things changes in the classrooms as well as staff once the new child development center was open. I recommend passionate caregivers to apply!
Pros
free lunch
Good place to work as a student
Student Services Program Specialist: DSPS (Current Employee) –  Walnut, CAJuly 14, 2015
Mt. SAC is a great place to build a foundation and learn the skills needed for the workplace. The management is very understanding with student workers. The staff strives to ensure the success of both the workers and the students. It is a great place for students who are just entering the workforce.
Pros
Get to change schedule for finals, good pay, relatively easy to move up.
Cons
Hard to move from one department to another, parking
Great place to work. Great support from administration .
Physical Education Instructor (Current Employee) –  Walnut, CAJune 24, 2015
Run the weight room in the morning. Prepare practice plan and then practice. I have learned to be patient with college student/athletes and how to prepare them for lifes journey. I've learned how to work with management through out the years. I have been blessed to work great people. Hardest part is helping keep student/athletes focused on time management. Seeing student/athletes become great people in society from graduating with a degree.
Pros
Free golf
Cons
Health care benefits
Low pay, but good work
Faculty Assistant (Current Employee) –  Walnut, CAJune 7, 2015
The pay isn't the best, but it is steady work. Not something I want to do for more than a year. The major issue is that pay is only monthly, and half-way through the month at that. You need to project your hours and submit to payroll without having done the actual work.
Obtain a Receptionist/Office Assistant Position
Student Assistant II (Current Employee) –  Walnut, CAMay 4, 2015
Take in new incoming applicants paper work to the Disabled Student Program. Assist the student with scheduling a counseling appointment and testing appointment. Answer questions that they might have and provide them with information. File away student's files, copying and faxing as needed. Answer a multi-line phone system all though out the shift.
Great place to implement new skills learned from school
STUDENT WORKER III (Current Employee) –  Walnut, CAApril 5, 2015
I work in the LAC lab helping out students who are having tech issues, and we also help out with some application problems as well. I have learned a lot since starting in the lab about the typical basic tech questions and issues people have and how to troubleshoot problems. Overall ir's a very enjoyable place to work.
Pros
Getting to solve many different types of problems.
Cons
No room for growth
Great place to work!
Professor Biology and Nutrition Department (Current Employee) –  Walnut, CAFebruary 22, 2015
Wonderful management, great co-workers, lots of direction and leadership, and an overall great place to work. I work for both the nutrition and biology departments which have been equally terrific.
This was school not employment
Full Time Student (Former Employee) –  Walnut, CAJanuary 21, 2015
I took classes to work towards a Radio Broadcasting degree (not completed), but also gained 2 A.A. Degrees while attending. Classes took place in between Monday and Thursday, traveled via public transportation 5 hours per day pending on traffic. Hard part was taking public transportation because can be very unreliable. Most enjoyable was graduation day.
enjoyable place to work
Health Careers Resource Center, Student Assistant (Former Employee) –  Walnut, CADecember 31, 2014
ensure all the stations and supplies where stock and clean.
fun place to work
Classroom Assistant (Former Employee) –  Walnut, CADecember 29, 2014
Fun place to work with friendly energetic people. Professional environment with dedicated, passionate management.
Pros
great supportive staff
Cons
low pay
Rewarding work experience and an enjoyable environment
Electronics Laboratory Assistant (Former Employee) –  Walnut, CAOctober 2, 2014
As far as student positions go Mt. San Antonio College is a great place to work, especially as a student assistant. Management was very willing to work with my class schedule. Assisting other students learn technical material is not only beneficial in solidifying your own knowledge; it is also a very rewarding experience.
Pros
works with class schedule/very convenient for students
Cons
professionalism around the students is a must!
Mt. San Antonio College
Custodian (Current Employee) –  Walnut, CASeptember 12, 2014
The work day can be challenging at times but easy at others. I've learned new ways to clean and be efficient and time saving. Management is flexible and willing to give to certain life changes but not compromise the quality of work in the work place. The hardest part of the job is the uncertainy of your assignment from night to night due to need. The most enjoyable part of the job is the atmostphere of the job because it's a college and you just see lots of interesting things here.
Pros
lots of days off, appreciation luncheons, respect is high.
Cons
short lunch, friday schedule
10 am - 2 pm wonderful work
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Walnut, CAAugust 7, 2014
It is an enjoyable to learn how to get alone with young college students in the best community college, Mt SAC campus.
Student Position
Student Assistant II (Former Employee) –  Walnut, CAJuly 19, 2014
This position was nice for a full time student.It was very flexible and provided a little extra cash
Pros
flexible, part time, work with students
Cons
unable to stay on after leaving the school
mt sac athletic trainer certification
Certified Athletic Trainer Aid (Former Employee) –  WalnutJuly 17, 2014
there is a selection of classes that are needed to be taken in order to receive your certificate. The work experience is great! You are able to work hands on with the athletes.
Great work environment
Administrative Student Assistant III (Current Employee) –  Walnut, CAMarch 18, 2014
Just about the friendlies staff you will find within a college campus. I love working here as my both my supervisors and coworkers are a joy to be around. Management places great importance in job flexibility in order to meet school requirements.
Pros
flexible schedule
Very friendly co-workers and supervisor. Great place to work.
Mathematic and Economic Tutor (Former Employee) –  Walnut, CAJanuary 16, 2014
It is very enjoyable place to work and people are very friendly. Since it is an EOPS program, we have to use a lot of different approach to make student understand. Most of them have financial difficulties and some other issues. However, it's make you get a lot of life experience and much better person.
Department Dependant
Writing Tutor (Current Employee) –  Walnut, CANovember 17, 2013
Unfortunately the writing center departments is very "in politics" what I mean is that one of the senior tutors did not like me and she was good with the boss because she has been there for 5 years (possibly more). So I got "let go" because of "budget issues" while they posted a new job online...yeah It sucks
A-
Lab Assistant - Health Lab (Former Employee) –  Walnut, CAOctober 22, 2013
the life at the HCRC was relax you typically helped just a few students at a time and the work flow was great setting up apts. mailing letters organizing the lab. Work there was great

4.4