Mt. San Antonio College Employee Reviews

It feels great to help people !
Instructor's Aide (Current Employee) –  Ontario, CAJanuary 10, 2017
The job culture is friendly yet professional. They do not give many hours to students, but I enjoyed working regardless. Students treat you with respect. It is nice to work in the evenings during fall, because most classes throw parties at the end of the year ! Students will feed you whether you are hungry or not. One thing you will appreciate about this job is that you will encounter students from all over the world in one classroom. You become culturally sensitive and expose yourself to other cultures and customs.
Great culture and amazing faculties
Lab Assistant/Tutor (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaDecember 20, 2016
Taught college students programs required to be successful in the commercial and entertainment industry.

Manage and maintain inventory levels of supplies and equipment as directed.

Assisting multiple college students in different areas of design such as animation, graphic design, and photography at once was a rare occasion that made it the hardest but yet enjoyable part of the job.

I had the greatest privilege to work with some of the brightest most talented student/professionals.

Throughout my experience, I grew in other areas relative to communication, time management, and responsibility.
Pros
Flexible hours, up-to-day software in every computer, clean environment, great faculty
Cons
limited hours
Excellent Support
Psychiatric Technician (Former Employee) –  Walnut, CADecember 7, 2016
All professor who've helped each student through out the Psychtech program were amazing. I felt as if no one ever gave up on anyone and help was alway provided, day and night. This was definitely a definition for team work.
Pros
Support, team work, friendships, guidance
Cons
Departing way from your peers
Productive and fun workplace
Student Assistant III (Current Employee) –  Walnut, CAJanuary 11, 2017
-Helping student with their homework
-Working with different students
-Great management
-Co-workers are amicable
-Seeing your student failed in the class
-Smile on my student faces
Pros
constant learning
Cons
not enough pay
Really great place to work
ASSISTANT OFFICE MANGER (Former Employee) –  Walnut, CADecember 28, 2016
flexible hours
great support system
parking arangements
save environment
Not a place to work as Adjunct staff
Professor (Current Employee) –  Walnut, CAJuly 19, 2016
You can't move up in this environment. They say their Interview process is by far the most fair. But, there is never any consideration for people who have been loyal, flexible, committed, currently teaching, never called in sick, does any assignment without complaint Adjunct staff. The benefits are awful unless you in a full-time position. I also found a lot of favoritism and special treatment by certain staff. It definitely is not about who's the best instructor for the students. Excellent evaluations by staff and students didn't seem to matter. It seems to be more important to look good on paper and answer their questions correctly rather than judge you on your daily performance and the asset you have already been to the college.
Pros
the hours and the students
Cons
extremely poor benefits for part-time/adjunct staff
Best program ever
Pre-licensed Psychiatric Technician (Current Employee) –  Walnut, CAAugust 24, 2016
I love Mt. Sac and the Professors that teach the Psychiatric Program they want you to become the best psych techs possible so they teach you how they would want to be taught.
fun envoriment and proactive
Secretary (Former Employee) –  Walnut, CAJune 28, 2016
>staff members are very friendly and helpful
>students are nice and always polite
>learned great customer services
>meet new people every day
>helped students with any info needed
Pros
co-workers and staff members are very nice and helpfull
Cons
have some slow days
The Only Place I'll Ever Work For Free
Talent/Production Crew/Creative Crew (Former Employee) –  Walnut, CAMarch 10, 2016
Mt. San Antonio College's Theatre Department hosts one of the best non-performing arts colleges theatre department in the country, and when you work for them, you'll understand. Every show is a seamlessly well-run production, from the highly-competent management to the flawless designers, from costume to lighting. If someone wants to learn theatre, they need to come here.
Pros
valuable connections, genuinely good memories are made here
Cons
no pay, opening week can be awful
hands on and overall great experience
Athletic Training Intern (Former Employee) –  Walnut, CAFebruary 26, 2016
the work environment was easy going but there was always something to do. the people i worked with were very kind and answered any questions i had. the best part of the job was working with the patients and helping them get through their rehab routines. the hardest part about the job was making sure everyone that came in was logged into the treatment log, which was not that hard at all.i learned various rehab exercises during my time there. I also learned about different techniques and tools that could be used for different injuries.
Great people, friendly
Receptionist/Clerical Aide (Former Employee) –  Walnut, CAJune 11, 2016
Flexible hours, provided options to advance, positive and friendly work environment. Pay wasn't the best. I learned great office skills.
Great People!
Teacher Preparation Institute (Former Employee) –  Walnut, CAApril 1, 2016
It was work study position. However, it was a great opportunity because I had a lot of different projects. I was able to help students, advisors, and reps from other schools.

My coworkers were great and easy to work with.
An Overall Positive Experience
Sign Language Interpreter I (Former Employee) –  Walnut, CAJanuary 5, 2016
I enjoyed very much being an interpreter for Mt. SAC. My particular position doesn't offer any of the benefits that are typically included in working with a College. No health, no dental, but they did recently add Sick-Time. The hours are very dependent on the students and so consistency cannot be expected, but the hourly rate is fair. The work environment is very friendly and all of the staff/and management personnel did an excellent job making working there as fair as possible. Keep in mind that my complaints are about the system of avoiding benefits for Interpreters, nothing to do with the individuals who work and supervise there.
Pros
Wonderful working environment, great staff, very friendly
Cons
no benefits and inconsistency of hours (not by the fault of the staff)
fun place
Student Life Assistant (Current Employee) –  Walnut, CAFebruary 8, 2016
awesome fun place by far one of the best jobs ive had even though Im dealing with multiple students and tasks. It just shows that I could adapt to new changes
Pros
free lunch at events
Best and fun center
Floater Teacher (Former Employee) –  Walnut, CASeptember 3, 2015
I was a work study for 1 year and then got hired on. The lead teacher was very understanding and a genuine nice lady. All the teachers in the class worked well together. We had great communication with the parents.
This has been one of the best centers I have worked at. The only con about it is it is only part time and minimum wage, unless you're a lead teacher or maybe even associate.
A lot of things changes in the classrooms as well as staff once the new child development center was open. I recommend passionate caregivers to apply!
Pros
free lunch
Good place to work as a student
Student Services Program Specialist: DSPS (Current Employee) –  Walnut, CAJuly 14, 2015
Mt. SAC is a great place to build a foundation and learn the skills needed for the workplace. The management is very understanding with student workers. The staff strives to ensure the success of both the workers and the students. It is a great place for students who are just entering the workforce.
Pros
Get to change schedule for finals, good pay, relatively easy to move up.
Cons
Hard to move from one department to another, parking
Great place to work. Great support from administration .
Physical Education Instructor (Current Employee) –  Walnut, CAJune 24, 2015
Run the weight room in the morning. Prepare practice plan and then practice. I have learned to be patient with college student/athletes and how to prepare them for lifes journey. I've learned how to work with management through out the years. I have been blessed to work great people. Hardest part is helping keep student/athletes focused on time management. Seeing student/athletes become great people in society from graduating with a degree.
Pros
Free golf
Cons
Health care benefits
Obtain a Receptionist/Office Assistant Position
Student Assistant II (Current Employee) –  Walnut, CAMay 4, 2015
Take in new incoming applicants paper work to the Disabled Student Program. Assist the student with scheduling a counseling appointment and testing appointment. Answer questions that they might have and provide them with information. File away student's files, copying and faxing as needed. Answer a multi-line phone system all though out the shift.
Great place to implement new skills learned from school
STUDENT WORKER III (Current Employee) –  Walnut, CAApril 5, 2015
I work in the LAC lab helping out students who are having tech issues, and we also help out with some application problems as well. I have learned a lot since starting in the lab about the typical basic tech questions and issues people have and how to troubleshoot problems. Overall ir's a very enjoyable place to work.
Pros
Getting to solve many different types of problems.
Cons
No room for growth
Great School
Full Time Student (Former Employee) –  Walnut, CAJanuary 18, 2016
Loved my experience at Mt San Antonio. Good school to go to. Good education that can be obtained, and great Histology program!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Mt. San Antonio College. Our community is ready to answer.

4.5