MTC Employee Reviews

Overall Review
Group Facilitator (Former Employee) –  Kuna, ID 83634January 17, 2017
MTC was a fun company to work for. They did a lot of things to ensure morale stayed positive and went beyond the norm at holidays to gift staff Turkeys and Hams. We were afforded many in-house trainings and the opportunity for education reimbursements.
Pros
Great team
Cons
Straight 8 and no windows
Stressful workplace
Correctional Officer (Former Employee) –  Holly Springs, MSNovember 23, 2016
A very unorganized facility, always short staff daily which forces officers to work 16 unexpected hours with no breaks.
Cons
No breaks, no exact time of when you can leave
My job review
Correctional Officer 2 (Former Employee) –  Livingston, NJNovember 21, 2016
It was very busy during the shift and learned a lot about correctional work . I did not care to much for the management and my co workers was ok to work with. The hardest part of the job was learning some of the stuff for the TCLOSE test at Angela college. I enjoyed all the training that they teach you .
Pros
Paycheck amount
Cons
Short staffed
competative workplace
Cook (Former Employee) –  Kuna, IDNovember 16, 2016
prepare ingrediants and combine ingrediants into meals twice a day. Take prepared food and serve onto trays and stack trays onto service carts. Cleanup workspace. Wash Dishes and utensiles.
The facilities/ Conditions
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GA 30314October 20, 2016
I have been associated with Management Training Corporation for 13 and one-half years. My work day consist of staff and student interactions, and fire watches, and general information. I have a family oriented co-worker environment more so departmental. The hardest part of the job is student interaction and the level of disrespect coming from 20% of them. The most enjoyable part of my job is to assist both staff and student in a professional manner.
Not the place you want to be..
Correctional Officer (Former Employee) –  Holly Springs, MSOctober 5, 2016
A typical work day for this place is stressful because the management is so screwed up and staff is always short handed, people are always late for shift, you will never be relieved on time when it is time for you to leave for home, the inmates are to comfortable and you feel like there is no need to even put forth the effort half of the staff are under cover business with the inmates and the pay sure wont get the bills paid well at least I will say my bills but the only thing I have accomplished from this place was that I learned how to deal with people with many different personalities but and another thing after being hired here going through the training period, about 10-12 people go through the training but once that period is over with only about 2-5 people remain to do the job but over all this place is all of it in a NUTSHELL......
Cons
NO STRUCTURE
Excellent
Compliance Manager-Lieutenant (Current Employee) –  Kuna, IDSeptember 10, 2016
The corrections field is fulfilling and rewarding by effecting change in others. The position of Compliance Manager with MTC has given me valuable skills that fit he needs of today's job market.
Good Place to Learn lots of things
Aircraft Mechanic Helper, WG (Current Employee) –  Tinker AFB, OKAugust 9, 2016
have the ability to learn various things if you are willing to, and hard to move around but you move up based on your work performance and how long you've been here.
Pros
job security
Cons
short lunch
Different experience
Coorectional officer (Current Employee) –  Kyle, TXJuly 12, 2016
Do counts, Chow. 2nd level of rank there. Talking to other officers and making new friends. Hardest part of day is having to write cases up on offenders.
Place to get Certified
Welder Apprentice (Former Employee) –  Morganfield, KYJune 20, 2016
go to work every day do what your supposed to do my co workers helped me through my welds and i helped them through there welds.
the management could have been more intuitive to there students more but they did what they could with the time that they were givin
lots of fun and atress free enviroment
Staff Assistant (Current Employee) –  Clearfield, UTJune 10, 2016
I have had lots of fun at this job the employees are nice and it makes for an enjoyable environment I would recommend the job to anyone
Micromanagement
Correctional Officer (Former Employee) –  Kuna, IDMay 24, 2016
The warden doesn't allow anyone to actually do their job without over supervision. Any time that the warden is out of the office the facility runs more smoothly due to less tension.
Nice place to work
Production Manager (Current Employee) –  New Haven, INMay 19, 2016
A typical day at work is a challenge sometimes.Our team is a very tight crew and we work together as a team when crunch time comes.I learned that one day is never the same as the next day.Some people might have a good day one day,the next day it might be a bad day for that same person.Management is very hands on with each employee.My co-workers are very kind and outgoing to get task done for the day.The hardest part about my job is when the attendance is low and the team has to pick up the extra work load,but the team gets the job done.The most enjoyable part of the job is to see everyone smile when the team accomplish a very hard task
Pros
Hands on work
Cons
Not enough time in the work day
An excellent training program for young adults!
Finance Department, AP Clerk (Former Employee) –  Sedro-Woolley, WAApril 25, 2016
The program was an excellent program for young adults to further their education and obtain skills that help them become independent contributors to society. It was such a pleasure to work with students and to come to know these individuals.

The program at Cascades is in the process of becoming a Pilot Program. How that program will impact students in the future has yet to be determined, since the new program Cascades is in process of being developed!
Good Work, Long Hours
Correctional Officer (Former Employee) –  Bridgeport, TXMarch 22, 2016
Very good place to work with guaranteed overtime. Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance available but very long hours.
Pros
Insurance
Cons
Long Hours
N/a
Shift Lieutenant (Current Employee) –  Meridian, MSMarch 10, 2016
it was a okay place to work. Could have been alot better. Wasnt never enough staff to cover a shift. There could have been alot more things been done differently.
Each center is different but mine is...
Foundations Instructor (Former Employee) –  Sedro-Woolley, WAMarch 2, 2016
Terrific! Cascades staff are like a big extended family - almost all of us were laid off due to a gap in federal contracts. We see each other often at Worksource and we all miss each other and miss our jobs. Some of our work groups meet weekly just to support each other through this time.

As I said, each JC center is an entity unto itself: some are run by MTC and most are run by others. Word is that MTC is the best company to work for in the JC community, and would not argue with that. We see the corporate people at least annually - even the CEO! And they are usually very supportive in listening to us and when they can, improving our work life.

I would heartily recommend you take a job with MTC at any of the 25 or so centers or any of the correctional facilities they operate.
Pros
Strive for excellence in all they do - good benefits!
Cons
Pay could be a little better
Outstanding Company
Teacher (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCFebruary 6, 2016
MTC Group is owned and operated by a family who aims to provide top notch quality educational materials to all kinds of children. Unlike other companies that have went public or changed its senior management to accept outsiders, MTC Group has stayed true to its starting foundation.

I love working here because, the culture and atmosphere is inviting and laid back. Every employee has a 2 hour lunch break paid for, every Wednesday & Friday there is food catering, the average starting salary is from $38,000. Benefits are provided free of charge. Getting a job is very difficult, as you will imagine from the above benefits, because its extremely difficult to see anyone up and go. The best part, you have 3 days off, you are required to work 10 hours a day for 4 days but you get 3 days off.
Pros
Free Lunches, Healthcare benefits
Cons
Short week
Getting students envolved in thier learnig would be enjoyable and fun. lunches with co-workers were always enjoyable
Teacher (Former Employee) –  Venus, TXJanuary 28, 2016
Challenging,rewarding, always learning something new and ways to improve in instruction with the diversity of students. Completing the course with the different events that would take place in a correctional environment. The management was supportive of the education department as, co-workers were eager to help and support the betterment of the over all outcome of the department.
The most rewarding part of my job was to see improvement in students attitudes and see they were understanding what was being taught.
Pros
personal time off was generous
Cons
lockdowns would make time off hard to plan they were unexpected.
Excellent employer to add to your resume
Accounting Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Raymondville, TXJanuary 20, 2016
Good company with good benefits that also affords you the opportunity to learn. Not much room to move upwards in the higher local positions though. Work may also become stagnant and may cause complacency.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at MTC. Our community is ready to answer.