MTC

MTC United States Employee Reviews

Ok company if your one of the good ol boys
Mobile Advisor (Current Employee), Clearfield, UTMarch 31, 2015
Daily pick up of work base learning students using large busses. After returning to office entry of all vehicle mileage logs and maintenance receipts into an excel database.
Productive telecommunications for military operations
Field Service Representative, West Coast (Former Employee), VAMarch 15, 2015
Pros: professional
Cons: contracted so no future opportunity.
MTC was a military government agency in which we passed data over single channel frequencies. Compensation and benefits were great. Unfortunately it was a government contract that expired so there was no room for advancement. The jobe culture was professional and motivating throughout my seven year tenure.
My working for MTC/ICAPP
Sergeant (Former Employee), Kuna, IDFebruary 20, 2015
Pros: lots of employee engagement. lots of things done for staff.
Cons: not a lot of pay raises.
I really enjoyed working for MTC. I could see the good things that the programming was providing for the inmates. I could also see the interaction between the staff and the inmates and the outcomes. There were actually never any rel typical days at MTC/ICAPP. The Management was decent, the Warden had surrounded himself with knowledgeable people and he was making it work. I truly enjoyed my co-workers. Some were easy to get along with and there were some who had to be managed on a daily basis sometimes. The most enjoyable part was seeing the inmates graduate from their programs and be more confident in themselves and their accomplishments.
not a place you would want to work
staff (Former Employee), San Marcos, TXFebruary 11, 2015
Pros: good benefits
Cons: management was unchanging, and they were stuck in the past
There was a very small percentage of the troubled youth 16-25 that were fun to work with. They had the most disrespectful teens there I have ever been exposed to in my entire working career. The youth had smart mouths, foul mouths, and the center was geared toward the kids really doing what they wanted to do and not toward changing how the youth needed to be to work in society. This could be a good place and a good thing, but as it is run currently there is not as much good coming from the program that should be. If you worked in a jail or prison you would probably get more respect that I received there from most of the youth. There were a few kids there that were thankful and appreciative for what you were trying to help them do, but for the most part the kids were not appreciative for anything. Most youth acted as if you owed them something. They had alcohol and boy/girl problems with the youth because it was a male and female center. Things are set in stone there with the management and they are NOT going to change. It is like a military reform school jail and you are just an employee trying to make a difference in an impossible situation.
fun invironment to work in
Recruiter (Current Employee), Elizabethtown, KYDecember 22, 2014
Pros: getting to talk and help people
Cons: its all over the phone receruiting, i do not get to work face to face with people
the best part of my job is being able to talk to potential students and help them get accepted into the program even if they have a rocky back ground in the past, when you take an application from people and then you are able to call them back and say i was able to get you approved to start class that just makes there day and they are so thankful for everything you did for them
Great job long hours.
Security Officer (Full-time) (Former Employee), Venus, TXDecember 19, 2014
Pros: free food good co-workers lots of overtime.
Cons: one thirty minuet break language barriers pay long hours
The day would start with the briefing from your shift LT and SGT they will tell you what has gone from the other shift and inform you of any issues or things to watch for..You later get a assignment from your LT or SGT and will work at the location with one other officer either you are Rover who walks around doing security checks as well as securing all doors at all times or Picket in what controls all doors and keeps a eye on the other officer. other positions include Utility Central and Mobil Patrol as well as Medical In the Central and Mobil position as well with Medical and Isolation you are usually working alone, As a Utility you will be working with one other and the two of you will either escort people throughout the building or give breaks to those who need them at that time. As Medical you will be the only officer in that position working along side with a medical staff. As Mobil you will be driving the vehicle around the unit making sure cars are locked and the unit is secure as a central boss you are incontroll of the whole unit with the switch board as well as answering radio calls and phone calls you open requested doors and control all movement on the unit given directions by Warden Dep Warden Major LT and Sgt It is a big multi tasking job that requires a lot of patients and memory skills as well as being swift.

If you are interested in this job and feel you want to farther your career field I recommend working here as it is a great learning experience.
n/a
Cook's Helper (Former Employee), Chicopee, MANovember 18, 2014
Working for MTC is a blast you meet new people, the Staff is Generally both professional and a lot of fun. The managers overall are cool and they do listen to the employees when they have a good idea.
MTC
Assistant Commissary Manager (Current Employee), Venus, TXOctober 29, 2014
Pros: people always being a team player.
Cons: short handed a lot of times.
MTC is a wonderful company to work for its very family friendly and the staff are so close.
Morning strectes .
Custodian / Janitor (Former Employee), Temple, TXOctober 20, 2014
A nice work place, and the staff is fair.
No recreation area on site.
Great team!
HUMAN RESOURCES ASSISTANT (Former Employee), Reno, NVOctober 19, 2014
My favorite thing about working with MTC at Sierra Nevada Job Corps is the employees really pull together to do what it takes to help any and all students.
Group Exercise Instructor
Group Class Instructor & Personal Trainer (Former Employee), Quincy, FloridaOctober 15, 2014
I would usually start my first class @ 8:00am - 10:00 Resistance Bands & Cardio 1:00pm-2:30pm I would teach Step Aerobics & mix in A strength Circut with Wieghts. Working in this field I not only learned alot about myself but im able to put myself in my clients shoes and help them reach attainable goals.
good
night custodian/server (Former Employee), Provo, UTOctober 10, 2014
Pros: free bakery and sometimes food
serve food to the missionaries, clean after dinner time. bake and also cook.
Long drive and hard to promote but good team atmosphere.
Case Manager (Current Employee), Golden Valley, AZSeptember 25, 2014
A typical day at work is frantic and unpredictable. I have learned the confidence to work with different types of people and numerous computer skills. My co-workers are team players but management could use experience with the types of tasks we perform. The hardest part of the job is the drive and the class. It is also difficult to promote from this position. The most enjoyable part of the job is working with computers.
Poor management and excessive case load unrelated job duties
RESIDENT ADVISOR (Former Employee), Chicago, ILAugust 28, 2014
Pros: good benefits
Cons: poor staffing
A typical day included a meeting at the start of the shift that discuss everything bad that happened from the night before. On dorm we had to print out our paper work and get prepared for 62 displaced youth who were leaving class and coming to the dorm. Each co- worker had the same amount of students to monitor. Dinner and regular breaks were seldom given and management told us we could leave early or come the next day late. the hardest part of the job was when management want us to strip and wax floors and monitor 62 teenage boys at the same time. There was dissension with co-workers not having enough supplies to complete cleaning details and staff who were to relieve for breaks was not on time or did not come.
The most enjoyable part of the job and the most rewarding was when a student thank you for helping them to complete the program.
Productive and safe workplace
Line Cook/Prep Cook (Former Employee), Morganfield, KYAugust 12, 2014
A typical day in the kitchen is prepping and cooking for 500 people daily.
I learn how to be the supervisor of a kitchen staff. I learn that being a leader of your team builds character and makes you want to work harder.
I ran a 10 person student based cafeteria, It was a lot of work but well worth the work at all times.
The hardest part of the job is trying to balance everything that comes with be a manager. for example payroll, work orders and making sure my team was cooking to their best ability and the food came out in a orderly time fashion.
The most enjoyable part of the job is seeing satisfied customers after they eat our food.
a fun easy job that kept me busy
Groundsman (Current Employee), San Marcos, TXAugust 11, 2014
Pros: long lunch breaks
A typical day at work:
Cutting grass, picking up trash, cutting tree limbs, destroying wasps nests, scraping gum off concrete
Productive and very spiritual.
Chaplains Clerk (Former Employee), Kingman, AZJuly 8, 2014
Pros: my supervisor has a masters degree so i learned some helpful things.
Cons: no benefits
Typical day consisted of filing and recording attendance logs. Pray and counsel the surrounding community. And tutor seminary students. I learned about different theologies, how to interpret the Bible using exegesis and different evangelism strategies, and church history.
fun work
Correctional Officer (Former Employee), Venus txJuly 8, 2014
Pros: correctional officer
its not hard work but you need to stay on top of your game because the inmates are always trying to trick you
Good company
Correctional Officer (Former Employee), Conneaut, OHJune 25, 2014
Pros: opportunities
Cons: long hours
Usually routine they give options for advancement
I learned to Manage inmates, and manage the Commissary (the Store for inmates)
I learned to effectively communicate both verbally and physically
Management was easy to get with when there were issues and they helped
the hardest part of the job was the Hours
The most enjoyable was learning new things and being encouraged to do so
fun worplace
Correctional Officer/Case Manager (Former Employee), Kingman, AZJune 2, 2014
Pros: own boss
Cons: danguerouse
very faced paced in the afternoon with chow and mail call, had to count inmates and clean

1 2 3