MTC

MTC Employer Reviews

MTC
Assistant Commissary Manager (Current Employee), Venus, TXOctober 29, 2014
Pros: people always being a team player.
Cons: short handed a lot of times.
MTC is a wonderful company to work for its very family friendly and the staff are so close.
Morning strectes .
Custodian / Janitor (Former Employee), Temple, TXOctober 20, 2014
A nice work place, and the staff is fair.
No recreation area on site.
Great team!
HUMAN RESOURCES ASSISTANT (Former Employee), Reno, NVOctober 19, 2014
My favorite thing about working with MTC at Sierra Nevada Job Corps is the employees really pull together to do what it takes to help any and all students.
Group Exercise Instructor
Group Class Instructor & Personal Trainer (Former Employee), Quincy, FloridaOctober 15, 2014
I would usually start my first class @ 8:00am - 10:00 Resistance Bands & Cardio 1:00pm-2:30pm I would teach Step Aerobics & mix in A strength Circut with Wieghts. Working in this field I not only learned alot about myself but im able to put myself in my clients shoes and help them reach attainable goals.
good
night custodian/server (Former Employee), Provo, UTOctober 10, 2014
Pros: free bakery and sometimes food
serve food to the missionaries, clean after dinner time. bake and also cook.
Long drive and hard to promote but good team atmosphere.
Case Manager (Current Employee), Golden Valley, AZSeptember 25, 2014
A typical day at work is frantic and unpredictable. I have learned the confidence to work with different types of people and numerous computer skills. My co-workers are team players but management could use experience with the types of tasks we perform. The hardest part of the job is the drive and the class. It is also difficult to promote from this – more... position. The most enjoyable part of the job is working with computers. – less
Poor management and excessive case load unrelated job duties
RESIDENT ADVISOR (Former Employee), Chicago, ILAugust 28, 2014
Pros: good benefits
Cons: poor staffing
A typical day included a meeting at the start of the shift that discuss everything bad that happened from the night before. On dorm we had to print out our paper work and get prepared for 62 displaced youth who were leaving class and coming to the dorm. Each co- worker had the same amount of students to monitor. Dinner and regular breaks were seldom – more... given and management told us we could leave early or come the next day late. the hardest part of the job was when management want us to strip and wax floors and monitor 62 teenage boys at the same time. There was dissension with co-workers not having enough supplies to complete cleaning details and staff who were to relieve for breaks was not on time or did not come.
The most enjoyable part of the job and the most rewarding was when a student thank you for helping them to complete the program. – less
Productive and safe workplace
Line Cook/Prep Cook (Former Employee), Morganfield, KYAugust 12, 2014
A typical day in the kitchen is prepping and cooking for 500 people daily.
I learn how to be the supervisor of a kitchen staff. I learn that being a leader of your team builds character and makes you want to work harder.
I ran a 10 person student based cafeteria, It was a lot of work but well worth the work at all times.
The hardest part of the job – more... is trying to balance everything that comes with be a manager. for example payroll, work orders and making sure my team was cooking to their best ability and the food came out in a orderly time fashion.
The most enjoyable part of the job is seeing satisfied customers after they eat our food. – less
a fun easy job that kept me busy
Groundsman (Current Employee), San Marcos, TXAugust 11, 2014
Pros: long lunch breaks
A typical day at work:
Cutting grass, picking up trash, cutting tree limbs, destroying wasps nests, scraping gum off concrete
Productive and very spiritual.
Chaplains Clerk (Former Employee), Kingman, AZJuly 8, 2014
Pros: my supervisor has a masters degree so i learned some helpful things.
Cons: no benefits
Typical day consisted of filing and recording attendance logs. Pray and counsel the surrounding community. And tutor seminary students. I learned about different theologies, how to interpret the Bible using exegesis and different evangelism strategies, and church history.
fun work
Correctional Officer (Former Employee), Venus txJuly 8, 2014
Pros: correctional officer
its not hard work but you need to stay on top of your game because the inmates are always trying to trick you
Good company
Correctional Officer (Former Employee), Conneaut, OHJune 25, 2014
Pros: opportunities
Cons: long hours
Usually routine they give options for advancement
I learned to Manage inmates, and manage the Commissary (the Store for inmates)
I learned to effectively communicate both verbally and physically
Management was easy to get with when there were issues and they helped
the hardest part of the job was the Hours
The most enjoyable was learning new things – more... and being encouraged to do so – less
fun worplace
Correctional Officer/Case Manager (Former Employee), Kingman, AZJune 2, 2014
Pros: own boss
Cons: danguerouse
very faced paced in the afternoon with chow and mail call, had to count inmates and clean
Good company
Correctional Officer (Former Employee), Kingman, AZMay 14, 2014
I really liked this job, with the exception of one supervisor who cursed me out like I was his child just because I was literally 5 minutes late. It really is a good company though.
good company to work for
Laborer (Former Employee), Fort Jennings, OHApril 17, 2014
heavy lifting and put up large carnival tents. take downs on different days
Correctional Officer (Former Employee), Kingman, AZMarch 16, 2014
A NICE PLACE TO WORK AT AND TO LEARN. A lot of personal growth and learn how to deal with different personalities.
Productive workplace
Correctional Officer (Current Employee), Walnut Grove, MSFebruary 19, 2014
Pros: great benefits
Cons: short breaks
It is a great company to work for. My co-workers are very nice. The hardest part of the job is making sure the inmates are safe at all times.
fiber glass
Commissary Manager (Former Employee), Conneaut, OHDecember 21, 2013
The job is very dirty, but with fiber glass there is just so much you can do, there some great bosses there, and there some bad ,
Productive Workplace For Work Force Training
Pre-Apprentice (Former Employee), Chicago, ILDecember 19, 2013
Learned great employable skills. Learned the trade of construction. This job was very physical and required endurance.
As a Academic Coordinator for MTC it has been positive.
Academic Coordinator (Former Employee), Ennis, TXNovember 30, 2013
Pros: flexibility
Cons: school not well known throughout the united states, giving power to the skeptics.
As a academic coordinator for MTC it has been positive because of the school criteria. They try to work within any situation in any location to allow ministers the opportunity to learn, grow and accomplished their academic goals.

1 2 3