MTD Products Inc Employee Reviews

Very fun workplace great co-workers
General Laborer (Former Employee) –  Shelby, OHOctober 14, 2016
Mtd has a very well balanced work and home life.Employees were always positve and most people had good work ethics.Also the pay is definetely worth the work you put out.The management is very respectful and tries to help to there best of there abilties possible.Great workplace
Very good work environment and enjoyed my job.
Bill of materials analyst (Former Employee) –  Verona, MSJanuary 25, 2017
I enjoyed working at MTD but I always wanted to do something to help others, so when the opportunity arised to be hired at NMMC I decided to take the opportunity and I am presently employed there.
Great company that treats employees well.
Manufacturing Representative (Former Employee) –  Valley City, OHNovember 4, 2016
Started in the distribution facility and held several positions there. Transferred to the outside sales team maintaining store sets and training store employees on product.
Pros
flexible hours, worked from home, company vehicle
Cons
lots of traveling
a day at work
Line Worker/Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Leitchfield, KYJune 30, 2016
MTD was a nice relaxing work environment with a whole bunch of friendly co-workers, and is also a great area to get hours. they also offered a lot of benefits for there employees.
Speedy paced work environment
Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Verona, MSJanuary 6, 2017
loud and busy production environment. Nothing but team effort to get tillers made. Line members were always on their a game when it comes to being the start of a line.
Its okay
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Tupelo, MSOctober 26, 2016
Everyone does their work an gets the job done. When its time to go its like a club in the parking lot everyone playing music bonding getting ready to head home an prepare to come back to work its a very laid back work site.
Horrible management, terrible pay, awful job.
Production (Former Employee) –  Shelby, OHJuly 20, 2016
I hated this place. Horrible working environment. Supervisors pick favorites and harassment is off the charts. I quit after 1 year.
Pros
Semi clean i guess
Cons
To many to name
I like what i was doing
Production Worker/Shipping and Receiving (Former Employee) –  Mansfield, OHSeptember 28, 2015
A typical day at work is working as a team to get our customers order out with no damage to the product and working together. How to work with shippments going out on FEDEX and UPS trucks and overseas order. MY supervisor was a good man to work for and he like the way I work and how i got the job done. Some of my co-workers that i had the chance to work with was a good group to work with. we set records together for almost 2 years straight and i like working with coworkers that get the job done. We the company bring in temps to do the job they want it seems like some of them dont care about the job or just there to get a check. i feel if u was called there to do a job you should do your job and not make it hard for other( i am saying we work good together as a team so we need to be a team player. Words from my old boss THERE IS NO I IN TEAM.). When we work together to get a big order out n finished the day knowing we got the whole order out make me feel good that i was part of that.
Pros
They give us a cookout or cook for us when we do a good job.
Cons
management
MTD is a good place to work
Landscaper (Former Employee) –  Valley City, OHJanuary 5, 2016
A typical day at MTD was we had to start off by going and blowing off all the park lots and sidewalks for the worker that worked in the offices. by that time we would go back to the garage and wait on the boss to give us are next task. My boss would spilt us up and have us go do something else. What I learn from working at MTD is how to use different equipment and use the equipment the right away. I liked my co-workers we all got along pretty well and as help one another out. The hardest part of the job was learn all the names of the different offices and places we had to go too on MTD grounds. The most enjoyable part of the job was working outside and getting along with my co-workers.
Pros
working outside all day
Cons
it was seasonal
sales (Former Employee) –  SeattleDecember 8, 2011
Management treats the employees with respect and like partners in the success of the company. While the pay is middle of the road the benefits are top notch. They have a strong set of values and they work to live them every day. They are invested in the success of the employees as well as the organization.
Pros
great work environment, good benefits, great people
Cons
pay is a little low in some areas of the country.
Steady rework to be done.
Rebox/Repair (Current Employee) –  Willard, OHNovember 8, 2015
Fast paced work, poor training, but once you catch on it's OK. I have great supervisors in my area. The factory is very fast paced with little training
Pros
steady employment
Cons
No job security
Easy to do
Assembly Line Worker (Current Employee) –  Leitchfield, KYFebruary 1, 2016
Easy to understand, fast-paced environment. Being a temp wasn't very good, you're underpaid and can get let go anytime.
Numbers oriented.
Technical Analyst (Former Employee) –  Shelby, OHNovember 11, 2015
Was a good experience overall and I enjoyed the co workers and atmosphere. I worked my tail off and got very little in return, constant environment of what are you doing next. Weak support structure as well, managers at Corp are far and away disconnected from the reality of Plant Life.
Pros
Co-workers
Cons
Too much for 1 person to accomplish
fast pace, they mostly hire temps a good 80%
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Shelby, OHNovember 24, 2015
Its a good job, if you only want to work half the year and end up getting laid off and filing for unemployment. Or buy a lawn mower at a discount.
Pros
They mostly hire temps 80%
Cons
They mostly hire temps 80%
Employee Friendly Culture
Human Resources Representative (Current Employee) –  Streetsboro, OHApril 14, 2013
Employee friendly culture. Overall a good place to work. Good Safety culture and big on continuous improvement.
Pros
employee friendly, cheap healthcare
Cons
too hierarchical
Learning new job skills
Assembly Line Worker (Current Employee) –  Verona, MSNovember 16, 2015
When I was working on this job,it taught me important means about self worth and being able too do things for yourself and never depend on others
Pros
LEARNING HOW TOO HANDLE YOUR JOB POSITION
Cons
IT WILL MAKE OR BREAK YOU
Assembly
Assembly Operator (Former Employee) –  Willard, OHOctober 8, 2015
Reported to work. I worked on a fast paced assemlby line putting nuts and bolts on snow blower handles. The stickers were the hardest part of the job and keeping up with the line. The most enjoyable part was the people I worked with.
Fast paced work environment with opportunities to learn.
Cost Accountant/Analyst (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHApril 7, 2014
Fast paced work environment with opportunities to learn.
Friendly co-workers & open management style.
hard work know life
Factory Worker (Former Employee) –  Martin, TNApril 22, 2014
part time, you work for few mo's.There a lot drugs usage. poor management.
Pros
work over 40 hr
Cons
short brakes
former Ryobi location
Industrial Designer (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZMarch 5, 2013
This location was the former Ryobi Outdoor Products group. I found this employer to be amongst the most unethical exploitative employers to work for. I regret having spent any time there.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at MTD Products Inc. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9