MTD Products Inc Employee Reviews

MTD was Great
Area Manager / District Trainer (Former Employee) –  Montgomery, ALDecember 4, 2017
I had been hired by MTD twice and unfortunately I had been laid off twice. Overall I thoroughly enjoyed working for MTD they treated me very well and I would love to work for them again.
Pros
The freedom of managing my area, with no constant supervision, and knowing that if I needed any directional help, my district manager was more than willing to work with me at anytime.
Cons
The retail market can sometimes suprise you, and unfortunately for me it was having to be laid off twice.
Wonderful place to work
Assembly Worker (Former Employee) –  Verona, MSDecember 3, 2017
I loved working at mtd it was a nice clean facility..nice break room as well..hard work but laid back cool managers ..id work there again anyday..i had to relocate for business purposes but a good place to slave.
Pros
Good work enviroment
Cons
Seasonal work at times
Assembly Worker (Former Employee) –  Martin, TNNovember 12, 2017
I would never recommend this job to anyone because of the poor state of its management, the place you work in and the rude, arrogant and nasty people you work around.
Mtd Job Review
Inventory Manager (Former Employee) –  Verona, MSNovember 6, 2017
I think the environment and job atmosphere at Mtd was A pretty relaxed environment, but the problem I had with the culture, was that there was rarely A time to move up or make a decent salary.
Working at MTD
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Tupelo, MSOctober 16, 2017
What's a typical day at mtd like? I would report to my work station then stand there until the machines are turned on then label each lawn mower as they roll down the line.
Pros
Restroom Breaks
Cons
short breaks, standing & seasonnal job
Decent place to work.
Machining Zone Leader (Current Employee) –  Leitchfield, KYSeptember 29, 2017
Located in Leitchfield, KY. MTD is a good job. Very good experience with me as an employee. Lots of room for advancement. Competitive wage and compensation for the area.
Terrible job
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Tupelo, MSSeptember 23, 2017
Mtd is one of the worst jobs I ever had. You work like a slave and at the end of the week your checks are little to nothing . It's very hot, and a lot of drama and fighting goes one.
Pros
You only work Monday - Thursday
Cons
Barely make any money
It's ok
Machine Operator/Assembler (Former Employee) –  Verona, MSSeptember 17, 2017
production is ok but not enough money for the drive they do not hire in unless u no someone .Mandgement is poor. Need better staff no communication with employees just sad
Pros
Work every other weekend
Cons
Pay every week
Very fast pace but people that care
Line Technician (Former Employee) –  Martin, TNSeptember 11, 2017
Loved it . very loving people . my brother passed away or I would still be there. I needed time off to gather myself. Fast pace and keeps your mind busy
Pros
Caring people
Cons
Time consuming
Decent place to work
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Martin, TNSeptember 6, 2017
A typical day started with stretches, roll call, machine start-up and then right to work with whatever products we had. we got an hour lunch and two 15 minute breaks.
Poor communication, decent pay
Sales Representative Intern (Former Employee) –  Valley City, OHAugust 31, 2017
I worked at MTD in their call center over the summer as part of their internship program. The pay was fair, the job was easy, however the lack of communication between HR/Management/worker was brain melting. during the interview for us interns we were told that we would be considered for part time or full time employment at the end of the summer by the HR rep, who I guess should have spoken with management before jumping to that conclusion. I asked several times about future employment during the summer, usually getting shrugged off or given a "I'll throw your name in" answer. when the time was dawing near that college was about to start back up I started to really push. I attend a community college and pay for everything out of pocket, as well as rent, insurance and all my other expenses; so I needed a dedicated answer as to if I would have a job once fall started. Three weeks later we were finally informed of our internship's deadline and that there would not be any positions open, due to the fact that they had just hired a new round of employees. Now, I could go into how much money they wasted training new people when they already had us trained but I'll boil it down to this. MTD's call center needs a serious businessman in management as their shift to marketing is seriously hurting both their employees and their customers at this point. As for me, I won't be going back to college this fall due to it taking weeks to get a response as to my employment and I am now scrambling for a job to keep the lights on, much less pay for tuition, books and supplies. If anyone over at MTD  more... bothers to read this, take this away. Actually talk with you employees, don't just push off questions but find the answers. I know not a single person who uses their new programming was actually included in the development of what the program changed from the previous model and I know that it has done nothing short of drive up call times, lose customer files and lose them god only knows how much money by bringing it out in the middle of summer. Marketing to customers isn't whats going to bring them back, you need to build strong relationships with them by being the best one shop stop for all their mower parts and by constantly showing that you're the best deal on the block.  less
Pros
pay, breaks, environment
Cons
Communication, wrong types on management
Great work environment
Assembly Line Worker (Current Employee) –  Martin, TNAugust 29, 2017
At Mtd I feel like its a getaway spot from home. Very respectful people, I make great money, I just wanna expierence something other than just commercial lawnmowers.
Pros
Holliday pay
Fun place and good people
Welder (Former Employee) –  Martin, TNAugust 28, 2017
It's a good place to work great people to work with. I liked welding it was good experience the people are nice and we made a good product for the people.
Pros
Need more full time people
Cons
To many temps
fast pace production, great people
Welder/Fabricator (Former Employee) –  Willard, OHAugust 16, 2017
Its a good job with good benefits I learned allot in a fast paced environment with allot of great people I learned process, 6s, quality, communication and just working with lots of good people.
Productive work place
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Verona, MSAugust 14, 2017
Rotated through all the task required in a particular production process. Worked on assembly line to produce quality products. Machinery operation on products.
Mtd
Assembler/Production (Former Employee) –  Martin, TNAugust 10, 2017
MTD was a great place to work to get job experience. The work was repetitive and often stressful on home life due to the working hours. The medical was good when hired on full time. Getting hired on full time is difficult because they use a jobbing agency. Getting laid off every year until being hired on full time is difficult to get used to and a burden on progressing in life.
Pros
Health Insurance
Very productive
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Brownsville TennesseeJuly 30, 2017
A typical day at work is chasing lawn mowers down the assembly line the factory is located in Brownsville Tennessee. The work was seasonal meaning we would work long hours for six to seven months
Very active workplace
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Martin, TNJuly 5, 2017
Learned a lot and gained a lot of basic everyday skills. It's a very positive experience with me just being 20....i liked it a lot but I felt like every body wasn't treated fairly as far as people not getting full time
It's a good place to work.
Shipping/ forklift driver. (Current Employee) –  Tupelo, MSJune 26, 2017
A typical day on the job starts with getting the load, you are going to start with go over a few thing, you need to know for the day. There are a lot of things you can learn from working for this company, management is fine workplace culture, is just like any other. The hardest part of the job is working on a new load that you never loaded before it takes some getting used to, the thing I enjoy the most working with others it is like working with family.
Pros
four day work week.
Cons
long hours.
boring work
Press Operator (Former Employee) –  Valley City, OHJune 19, 2017
Boring work. Look at plastic put it in the box. very unrewarding and union didn't care about its members. management looked at us as children instead of employees.
Pros
good medical benefits
Cons
management didnt care about the little guys