MTS Systems Corporation Employee Reviews

productivity and fun work environment
Bus Operator (Former Employee) –  El Cajon, CAAugust 18, 2017
a typical work day would include the completion of daily task critical to the job i love to learn how to better communicate with clientele and form positive relationships and bonds
Fun but expensive products
Product Manager (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNAugust 17, 2017
Product are high performance but expensive. Company must figure out how to standardize sub-assemblies to attain cost advantage while maintaining mass customization.
Pros
Nice people to work with
Cons
Inability to implement strategy
public servant
Bus Operator (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAAugust 16, 2017
Being a bus driver is challenging. You have to learn many things such as pre-trips, airbrakes, etc. The great thing about transit is that they do paid training. Before you get behind the wheel they pay for your test and license, (about $3000 in total). You need to learn all of San Diego if not, you get lost! And there is nothing worse than a bus full of angry passengers!
Pros
Free commercial DL
Cons
split shifts
Bad Management Culture
Senior Application Engineer, Global Materials (Former Employee) –  Eden Prairie, MNAugust 15, 2017
Management has got into a vicious cycle of micromanaging everything to meet monthly and quarterly goals.

No-one seems to listen to people that actually do the real work
MTS is an excellent company to work for - excellent shared values.
Transducers Engineering Lab Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Eden Prairie, MNJuly 26, 2017
MTS Systems Corporation Inc. is an excellent company to work for; it has shared values that easily attract any serrious minded employee - accountabillity where one is empowered to make daily decisions and accept responsibility for his/her performance, intergrity, respect, amongst many. At MTS, we are constantly appreciated for hard work, innovation, and passion. Of prime importance and interest to me, the company thrives to invest in employess, technology and solutions so as to meet and exceed our customers' expectation.
It was ok to work at MTS
Company Driver (Former Employee) –  Kansas city ksMay 16, 2017
Well one is for sure there MTS lot is small, so you have to learn to park Trailers real close to gather, if you like tight holes, you will like MTS, only way to make a living there is to put a lot of hours in, if you like working a lot of hours, you will like MTS
Pros
You drive fairly new trucks
Cons
17 dollars hr
Good
Manufacturing Engineer (Former Employee) –  MNApril 17, 2017
It's very nice working with MTS & I would like to recommend to thi8s company.They are very friendly nature when they are working with outsource.........
Great Company
Operator (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAApril 4, 2017
public job with great experiences, great benefits, great people, strict schedule, watched like a hawk, learn patients in the outside world, lots of advancement
Pros
great benefits
Cons
horrible schedule
Review summary
Purchaser/Buyer (Former Employee) –  Eden Prairie, MNMarch 31, 2017
Great place to work. Challenging with many opportunities to make a difference in the overall success of the company. The employee base is committed to the company.
Brilliant co-workers
Human Resources (Current Employee) –  Eden Prairie, MNJanuary 27, 2017
I have been with MTS for almost two years. When I interact with the employees across the business I am reminded how smart and passionate my co-workers are. I especially appreciate their desire to help our customers. Like most companies, MTS has cultural and political opportunities. Perception is reality; therefore, if I perceive the challenges and change negatively, I will say it's bad to be at MTS. However, I perceive the challenges and change positively. It's not easy to do this at MTS, and it wasn't easy to do it at my past employers.
Pros
Mostly a lot of smart people working together to solve one of a kind problems
Cons
Some of the political biases halt collaboration and inclusion
Nice place to work but contract
Technician (Former Employee) –  Eden Prairie, MNNovember 26, 2016
After being contract for a year and half I should have been brought on and permanent. Management would not hire me but wanted to contract me again. They kept me at contract for the benefits they would have to pay
Pros
Cons
no time off at all. working 5 days at 10 hrs. and everyone else worked 4 days
Not good for contract/consultants
Electrical Drafter/Designer (Former Employee) –  Eden Prairie, MNSeptember 19, 2016
Pros
-Very flexible when it comes to family schedules.
-A few of the staff are welcoming.

Cons
-Don't get comfortable. Very unstable.
-They use consultants to avoid severance packages.
-Current software is 20 years old.
-Nothing documented well. Culture is very "tribal knowledge".
-Older employees not as welcoming.
-No room for advancement.
-Separation for contract/consultants very unprofessional.
Pros
Good onsite cafeteria.
Cons
You will not be able to pack your belongings.
Lots of required over time. Very short staffed
Material Handler (Current Employee) –  Eden Prairie, MNSeptember 18, 2016
Short staff is a problem and management isn't doing much about it. Incompetent employee(s) is also an issue. Both issues are significant in a lot of the overtime hours. It doesn't seem to be acknowledged closely.
Pros
The overtime at least is extra money.
Cons
Monday-Friday feels miserable. Not much of a life.
Not Recommended for Consultants
Electrical Drafter/Designer (Former Employee) –  Eden Prairie, MNSeptember 15, 2016
Very flexible for those with families. Consultants are kind of outsiders by older staff. No ability for advancement for consultants. Culture is a lot of "tribal knowledge" not much hard documentation.
Pros
Flexible
Cons
Not as welcoming for consultants
Great place to work with good people, good compensation, decent management
Shipping Associate (Former Employee) –  Morrisville, NCAugust 23, 2016
All in all a good place to work. I learned a lot about the shipping process. The coworkers were fun to be around, management was decent. It was not a hard job at all, and the coworkers made it enjoyable.
Pros
coworkers, compensation, management
Cons
n/a
Management and training woes
Technician (Former Employee) –  Eden Prairie, MNAugust 18, 2016
Had wanted to get a position here for years, and was very disappointed when I finally was hired. The mentor/trainee system is flawed, with every mistake and misstep logged in your file. The mentors have no experience in training others, and if they go to management with a complaint, it's taken as fact with no input from or interaction with you. Pay and benefits are fairly good, but not worth getting cussed at all day by your trainer while management looks on.
Benefits
Cons
Working environment
A pretty typical production plant.
Machinist, Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Eden Prairie, MNJune 8, 2016
MTS is a company that has been going through alot of changes in management style. But it is a pretty typical production plant.
Decent job
Systems Engineering Technician (Current Employee) –  Eden Prairie, MNMarch 10, 2016
Overall a decent job, with decent pay. The days get long. A lot of new people is kind of worrisome. Pretty laid back atmosphere.
It's a good place to work .
Techno functional consultant (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNAugust 16, 2015
I have been part of MTS for last 6 months and implemented the service scheduling project .
I had a lot of learning from the CRM , FICO integration perspective.
We had a wonderful team to work with, and the management was very much cooperative.
Productive fun workplace with ping pong table
Manufacturing Engineering Technician (Former Employee) –  Eden Prairie, MNMay 21, 2015
The ability to work with minimal supervision was a plus. I learned how to break down and build up hydraulic pump units from the reservoir to the motor and all of the tubing required into a full assembled operational unit. Hardest part was standing all day on your feet. The most enjoyable part of the job was the community within our satellite division,
Pros
Learning was encouraged
Cons
Contract position

Ask a question about working or interviewing at MTS Systems Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.