MTS Systems Corporation Employee Reviews

It was ok to work at MTS
Company Driver (Former Employee) –  Kansas city ksMay 16, 2017
Well one is for sure there MTS lot is small, so you have to learn to park Trailers real close to gather, if you like tight holes, you will like MTS, only way to make a living there is to put a lot of hours in, if you like working a lot of hours, you will like MTS
Pros
You drive fairly new trucks
Cons
17 dollars hr
Good
Manufacturing Engineer (Former Employee) –  MNApril 17, 2017
It's very nice working with MTS & I would like to recommend to thi8s company.They are very friendly nature when they are working with outsource.........
Great Company
Operator (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAApril 4, 2017
public job with great experiences, great benefits, great people, strict schedule, watched like a hawk, learn patients in the outside world, lots of advancement
Pros
great benefits
Cons
horrible schedule
Review summary
Purchaser/Buyer (Former Employee) –  Eden Prairie, MNMarch 31, 2017
Great place to work. Challenging with many opportunities to make a difference in the overall success of the company. The employee base is committed to the company.
Brilliant co-workers
Human Resources (Current Employee) –  Eden Prairie, MNJanuary 27, 2017
I have been with MTS for almost two years. When I interact with the employees across the business I am reminded how smart and passionate my co-workers are. I especially appreciate their desire to help our customers. Like most companies, MTS has cultural and political opportunities. Perception is reality; therefore, if I perceive the challenges and change negatively, I will say it's bad to be at MTS. However, I perceive the challenges and change positively. It's not easy to do this at MTS, and it wasn't easy to do it at my past employers.
Pros
Mostly a lot of smart people working together to solve one of a kind problems
Cons
Some of the political biases halt collaboration and inclusion
Nice place to work but contract
Technician (Former Employee) –  Eden Prairie, MNNovember 26, 2016
After being contract for a year and half I should have been brought on and permanent. Management would not hire me but wanted to contract me again. They kept me at contract for the benefits they would have to pay
Pros
Cons
no time off at all. working 5 days at 10 hrs. and everyone else worked 4 days
Not good for contract/consultants
Electrical Drafter/Designer (Former Employee) –  Eden Prairie, MNSeptember 19, 2016
Pros
-Very flexible when it comes to family schedules.
-A few of the staff are welcoming.

Cons
-Don't get comfortable. Very unstable.
-They use consultants to avoid severance packages.
-Current software is 20 years old.
-Nothing documented well. Culture is very "tribal knowledge".
-Older employees not as welcoming.
-No room for advancement.
-Separation for contract/consultants very unprofessional.
Pros
Good onsite cafeteria.
Cons
You will not be able to pack your belongings.
Lots of required over time. Very short staffed
Material Handler (Current Employee) –  Eden Prairie, MNSeptember 18, 2016
Short staff is a problem and management isn't doing much about it. Incompetent employee(s) is also an issue. Both issues are significant in a lot of the overtime hours. It doesn't seem to be acknowledged closely.
Pros
The overtime at least is extra money.
Cons
Monday-Friday feels miserable. Not much of a life.
Not Recommended for Consultants
Electrical Drafter/Designer (Former Employee) –  Eden Prairie, MNSeptember 15, 2016
Very flexible for those with families. Consultants are kind of outsiders by older staff. No ability for advancement for consultants. Culture is a lot of "tribal knowledge" not much hard documentation.
Pros
Flexible
Cons
Not as welcoming for consultants
Great place to work with good people, good compensation, decent management
Shipping Associate (Former Employee) –  Morrisville, NCAugust 23, 2016
All in all a good place to work. I learned a lot about the shipping process. The coworkers were fun to be around, management was decent. It was not a hard job at all, and the coworkers made it enjoyable.
Pros
coworkers, compensation, management
Cons
n/a
Management and training woes
Technician (Former Employee) –  Eden Prairie, MNAugust 18, 2016
Had wanted to get a position here for years, and was very disappointed when I finally was hired. The mentor/trainee system is flawed, with every mistake and misstep logged in your file. The mentors have no experience in training others, and if they go to management with a complaint, it's taken as fact with no input from or interaction with you. Pay and benefits are fairly good, but not worth getting cussed at all day by your trainer while management looks on.
Benefits
Cons
Working environment
A pretty typical production plant.
Machinist, Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Eden Prairie, MNJune 8, 2016
MTS is a company that has been going through alot of changes in management style. But it is a pretty typical production plant.
Decent job
Systems Engineering Technician (Current Employee) –  Eden Prairie, MNMarch 10, 2016
Overall a decent job, with decent pay. The days get long. A lot of new people is kind of worrisome. Pretty laid back atmosphere.
It's a good place to work .
Techno functional consultant (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNAugust 16, 2015
I have been part of MTS for last 6 months and implemented the service scheduling project .
I had a lot of learning from the CRM , FICO integration perspective.
We had a wonderful team to work with, and the management was very much cooperative.
Productive fun workplace with ping pong table
Manufacturing Engineering Technician (Former Employee) –  Eden Prairie, MNMay 21, 2015
The ability to work with minimal supervision was a plus. I learned how to break down and build up hydraulic pump units from the reservoir to the motor and all of the tubing required into a full assembled operational unit. Hardest part was standing all day on your feet. The most enjoyable part of the job was the community within our satellite division,
Pros
Learning was encouraged
Cons
Contract position
Component Technology was a bad company to work for
CTO Assembly Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNMarch 12, 2015
Management was racist and chauvinistic. The culture of the company was to work the employees hard and pay them as little as possible. Management lacked the vision and knowledge to grow the company.
Pros
Learned about the mobile hydraulics industry
Cons
Low wages and benefits, poor culture
great place to work, each month they sponsored an new event for empoyees
ELECTRO-MECHANICAL ASSEMBLER (Former Employee) –  Morrisville, NCMarch 4, 2015
Management staff and production, sales and engineering group were very respectful and helpful with and concerns and issues regarding personal, work related and vendors issues within the work place. Advancement was earned to individuals that worked hard and proven that they were able to handle that task assigned.
Pros
manufactoring group were very supported and their willingness to help fellow co-workers
Flexible
Training Development Instructor (Contract) (Current Employee) –  Eden Prairie, MNFebruary 27, 2014
As a contractor, life has been very flexible and balanced. The company is an engineering corp. that specializes in making quality product. If you want to work for a grade A company, look no further.
Fun workplace, excellent colleagues
Detail Drafter Intern (Current Employee) –  Eden Prairie, MNFebruary 23, 2014
MTS- Systems is an excellent company to work for. The management is very easy going, projects are well structured and the fellow employees are very knowledgeable and helpful with the learning curve. I learned more about Solidworks in the first 2 months at this company than i did in my previous school year. My favorite part of the job though was all of the in house assembly. It was enjoyable to take a walk through the assembly area to see what was being or had been built, especially the projects that i worked on.
Pros
Free coffee in the morning
Electro-Mechanical Technician (Current Employee) –  Eden Prairie, MNFebruary 10, 2014
 Building custom products (pumps, actuators, manifolds and final builds) by reading hard copy prints and followed detailed work procedures to meet customer specification
 Testing final products for operational integrity
 Writing work procedures on sub-assemblies

Ask a question about working or interviewing at MTS Systems Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.