MTS Employee Reviews

It was an ok place at one time
Truck Driver Class A (Former Employee) –  Toledo.ohioApril 30, 2017
Dispatcher show favoritism runs cancelling.manger even show ed favoritism. Dispatchers trying. To make u do runs that u can not do in a timely. Manner
Pros
Home everyday
Cons
Heathcare and pay
Gas station, also served ice cream and snow cones
Construction clean up,flagger (Former Employee) –  Longmont, COJanuary 18, 2017
Really great staff to work with. Very friendly, low prices, no ethonal, and decent pay. Small buisness, family owned and ran franchise. Offered voulenteer work to church kids and former students during summer vacation. The only store in town that does charge accounts for gas for the police and other business of the surroundings area.
Pros
Great for fill ups, good ice cream
Cons
Small staff, some out of date merchandise
Nice place to work but contract
Technician (Former Employee) –  Eden Prairie, MNNovember 26, 2016
After being contract for a year and half I should have been brought on and permanent. Management would not hire me but wanted to contract me again. They kept me at contract for the benefits they would have to pay
Pros
Cons
no time off at all. working 5 days at 10 hrs. and everyone else worked 4 days
Job
DSP (Direct Support Professional) (Current Employee) –  Washington City, DCOctober 3, 2016
we don't get paid what we should or get great benefits. everything falls on the dsp's and we were promised raises and still have not received them yet.
business
Industrial Sewing Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Temperance, MISeptember 24, 2016
The work is fast paced and very busy, the company has doubled in size since I started there. They are very succesful as long as the business is there
Lots of required over time. Very short staffed
Material Handler (Current Employee) –  Eden Prairie, MNSeptember 18, 2016
Short staff is a problem and management isn't doing much about it. Incompetent employee(s) is also an issue. Both issues are significant in a lot of the overtime hours. It doesn't seem to be acknowledged closely.
Pros
The overtime at least is extra money.
Cons
Monday-Friday feels miserable. Not much of a life.
Not Recommended for Consultants
Electrical Drafter/Designer (Former Employee) –  Eden Prairie, MNSeptember 15, 2016
Very flexible for those with families. Consultants are kind of outsiders by older staff. No ability for advancement for consultants. Culture is a lot of "tribal knowledge" not much hard documentation.
Pros
Flexible
Cons
Not as welcoming for consultants
A pretty typical production plant.
Machinist, Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Eden Prairie, MNJune 8, 2016
MTS is a company that has been going through alot of changes in management style. But it is a pretty typical production plant.
Chaotic but Engaging
Inventory Supervisor/Computer Support (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAMay 31, 2016
Tower Books suffered from poor upper management. Store managers and employees were given little training or support.
Pros
All those books and magazines
Cons
Low pay
Decent job
Systems Engineering Technician (Current Employee) –  Eden Prairie, MNMarch 10, 2016
Overall a decent job, with decent pay. The days get long. A lot of new people is kind of worrisome. Pretty laid back atmosphere.
Easy going work environment
driver (Current Employee) –  Kansas CityFebruary 22, 2016
Easy people to work with. Enjoy both management and co-workers. Allowed plenty of freedom to perform job and input is encouraged and listened to.
Network Engineer - CCNA Certified
Marketing (Current Employee) –  Township of Warren, NJOctober 21, 2015
hard working, attentive
fast pace learning
have good experince working with Various Vendors
Built 4GPTT Service , approve MOPs, work SLA negotiations
work customer reports network tickets
Understanding the sales of nuts and bolts
Outside Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXSeptember 16, 2015
MTS was a Nuts and bolts company that works with oil company's and refineries for all there need it gaskets,fasteners,nuts and bolts.
Bus Driving: it's not an enjoyable job, and made worse by lack of driver support at MTS
Bus Driver (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAAugust 31, 2015
I worked as a bus driver for MTS. The pay is not very good, especially after union dues, taxes, and healthcare are taken out. The healthcare is one-size-fits-all, so as a young single person I got a bad deal.

The job is really stressful. The schedules are very tight, so you have to drive fast - which puts you at risk of having accidents (particularly with passengers falling over or whatnot). But what is really going to delay you is the homeless and low-class cheaters and elderly who ride the bus. The best thing to do is probably to just let everyone ride for free when they want to, because otherwise the free-loaders will just argue and delay you. But I did my best to not let the cheaters ride; I just drove even harder. Management could make this job a lot better by giving drivers support in these matters, but they don't. Instead, they encourage the worst riders to ride by issuing heavily discounted passes to "disabled" (and that's in quotes for a reason, because it's largely just a scam) people. But I guess that's part of the business model (think government subsidies).

Starting out, you drive the worst routes at the worst times. Split shifts can easily make your work day 12 hours long. And your seniority isn't going to rise fast, because there are lots of union-supported veterans sitting ahead of you in line with their nice La Jolla routes and inflated pay scales and benefits. So your job won't be getting much better anytime soon.

I quit and moved into a much better compensated and more satisfying field.
Pros
Work ends when you go home
Cons
Little driver support, slow and dishonest passengers, tight timetables, lots of opportunity to fail (get fired), no opportunity to shine/rise up the ranks (because of union seniority)
fun
Upholster (Former Employee) –  Temperance, MIAugust 5, 2015
Fun company to work for, very friendly when it comes to upper management and factory workers especially with holidays.
Mt/qa
Medical Transcriptionist/Quality Assurance (Former Employee) –  Canyon Lake, CAJune 22, 2015
No longer in business/bought out.. Great place to work, in office or at home, family run, flexible schedules, great pay, coworkers like family.
Productive fun workplace with ping pong table
Manufacturing Engineering Technician (Former Employee) –  Eden Prairie, MNMay 21, 2015
The ability to work with minimal supervision was a plus. I learned how to break down and build up hydraulic pump units from the reservoir to the motor and all of the tubing required into a full assembled operational unit. Hardest part was standing all day on your feet. The most enjoyable part of the job was the community within our satellite division,
Pros
Learning was encouraged
Cons
Contract position
Good Job with great benefits
Bus Operator (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAApril 15, 2015
MTS is a great transit company. Their bus trainers are awesome and prepares you for a career. Working with MTS you will be able to meet new people everyday.
Great comapny to work for!
Project/Construction Manager (Former Employee) –  Falls Church, VAMarch 12, 2015
The owners of MTS Group Inc. are truly employee oriented and were a delight to work for. This was a contract position to the US Army Health Facility Planning Agency stationed at US Army post.
Pros
Serving to troups!
Cons
Working drectly for various uniformed officers.
The company birthday celebration
Expert on sales and customer service (Former Employee) –  15, Leipzig street, Kiev, 01601March 3, 2015
We stayed in the forest near the Dnieper river. we had many tasks that we had to decide. If we decided that task, the couches gave us the icon. I was the winner among 250 people. My boss and me were proud of me.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at MTS. Our community is ready to answer.