Muckleshoot Indian Tribe Employee Reviews

Unprofessional Environment All Around
Muckleshoot Health (Former Employee) –  Auburn, WAJuly 27, 2016
Nepotism is rampant so if you are not a Muckleshoot tribal member you can expect unequal/unfair treatment, no advancement opportunity, and a lack of training and employee resources.

Extremely unprofessional behavior from virtually all levels of management.
Pros
Culturally rich environment, periodic administrative leave w/pay
Cons
Incompetent management, no morale
Great Tribe and wonderful learning experience
Document Clerk (Former Employee) –  Auburn, WAApril 18, 2016
I worked with some wonderful, dedicated attorneys. I learned a lot about the history of the Pacific Northwest.
Everyone is very nice to deal with.
Pros
Great people.
Cons
Location is out of the way. Departments can be a bit disorganized.
Great work enviornment
RECORDS SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Auburn, WAMay 14, 2014
I loved working for Muckleshoot Indian Tribe. Their commitment to their employees and tribal members is exemplary. Unfortunately I had to leave due to domestic reasons.
It was very nice working with the Native American Community
Director of Information Technology (Former Employee) –  Auburn, WAApril 15, 2014
It was a fun experience. There were know typical days. Everyday was different. That's what made the job fun. My co-workers were intelligent, kind and helpful. The hardest part of my job was managing the staff. The most enjoyable part of my job was managing the staff and helping others.
awesome
MUCKLESHOOT SENIOR CENTER (Former Employee) –  Auburn, WAJanuary 11, 2014
they did everything they claimed thy would. the people were great the guests were great i loved working for them. the elders were sooo awesome
Tribal specific work environment.
Head Start Program Manager (Former Employee) –  Auburn, WAOctober 26, 2013
Specific knowledge and experience in tribal communities a must. Challenging for a lot of people, yet, Tribe is open and welcoming of those that are able to successfully blend their experience and work with the values and mission of the Tribe.
Muckleshoot Tribal School
Education (Former Employee) –  Tribal SchoolSeptember 10, 2013
Overall, the toll it took on my professional life and personal life wasn't worth it. Management was inept, and there's a general dissonance and apathy that drastically affects the ability to get things done. Pay was okay, but was passed for raises year after year despite excellent reviews. Others in my department received raises for less work-usually a nepotism or favortism issue. Working for a tribe is neat, but it was a constant threat that I worked for them and should give them whatever they needed and shut up and be grateful. I am Native, and have a child from this tribe, and if I was treated this way, I can only imagine how treatment of someone from the outside would be. Extremely high turn over, salary is okay, benefits are okay, but the toll it takes isn't worth it. If you want to work with this tribe, find another way to work with them that doesn't involve being directly employed. Seen more people fired for no reason than anywhere else in my life. Too bad!
Pros
culture, kids
Cons
leave is slowly accrued, favortism, nepotism, firing practices
overall great
Security Officer II (Former Employee) –  Auburn, WAJuly 5, 2013
I loved my job I just think that the overall treatment of staff they lacked and didn't appreciate. treated their employees very poorly
Steady workload, with lots of children, in a beautiful building
Lead Teacher (Former Employee) –  Auburn, WAOctober 31, 2012
hours vary depending on the workload. Overtime is paid rarely, but excessive hours of work are normal. Must be flexible and a quick learner. Must be sef-motivated and conform to the culture methods for completing your daily work. Keep personal life outside of work. Co-workers can very helpful if given the right motivational factors. Interaction with the children is the most enjoyable part of the work. Tolerating indifference is necessary and the hardest part of the job.
Pros
thirteen paid holidays, culture events to attend
Cons
breaks are non existent, rewards of recognition for hard work non existent.
a good place to work
Third Party Biller/CHS Claims Clerk/Support Clerk (Former Employee) –  Auburn, WAJune 26, 2012
It was a learning experience, it gave new meaning to favoritism.

2.6