Mueller Company

Mueller Company Employer Reviews

I stay busy with no stress
Machine operator (Current Employee), Cleveland, TNApril 8, 2014
Pros: it's a good paying job with good benefits
Cons: the managment don't respect there employers nor do they care about the people on the floor
I run two cnc machines a has lathe and a has robot lathe .I am a hard worker who is a fast learner and don't mind learning different things within the company
Great place
Buyer (Current Employee), Decatur, ILDecember 23, 2013
Great place to work for. Good benefits and the management is easy to work with.
Productive group of engineers
Intern (Current Employee), Chattanooga, TNOctober 26, 2013
Pros: jean fridays, group lunch fridays, laid back atmosphere
I was a product engineering intern with Mueller. The engineers walked me through the basics of production design and research and development. I was involved in both prototype testing and design.

The engineers and designers I worked with were very down to earth and helpful. From an intern's perspective, this is a fantastic place to learn the basics – more... of R&D. I am sure they are just as helpful for new full-time engineers.

Management expects alot, but manages to keep the stress levels low for the most part.

Overall an excellent place to work. – less
Customer Service Representative - Inside Sales (Former Employee), Decatur, ILJune 10, 2013
Pros: laid back atmosphere.
Cons: learning water products.
Mueller Company was a terrific place to work. You do not find employers like these any longer. Focus on customer service while the company really does care about their employers. They really do take care of their "people". A+ place to work.
A very dependable job
Utility Man (Former Employee), Decatur, ILMarch 26, 2013
Pros: good pay
Cons: dirty hard job
This was a good job at the time. I gained a lot of experience. A foundry is a hot, dangerous place to work. I worked with a lot of good guys that had your back in dangerous situations
Best in their field.
Product Manager (Former Employee), Decatur, ILFebruary 13, 2013
Lots of training and support.
Great products. Great sales organization.
Mueller Company is constantly challenging the workforce to discover more efficient ways to satisfy customer demand.
Employee Relations Manager (Current Employee), Decatur, ILNovember 19, 2012
Pros: working with employees from all levels of the organization.
Cons: understaffed which causes work overload, employee dissatisfaction, turnover, .
A typical day of work consists of answering grievances, training supervisors of any labor law or legal changes and improving their skill set (computer, management, etc.). I attend meetings to discuss production requirements and the staffing needed to meet customer demand. I track the absenteeism, sick leave, and FMLA leaves daily to ensure we are compliant – more... with company policies and the law. I issue any disciplinaries for absences, job performance, or any failure to follow policies and procedures. I also handle any suspensions or terminations for the manufacturing facility and the foundry. I also assist with benefits, workers compensation, and the safety program at both facilities. I handle the recruiting for union and company employees.
I have been on two contract negotiations for collective bargaining with the union. I took over the Safety Managers position when our Safety Manager quit in December 2011 until a new candidate was hired in June 2012. In performing the Safety position I was in charge of the reporting of accidents, Workers Compensation reporting, and monthly reports to the General Manager and Corporate Headquarters.
Management has undergone a turnover of 50% of the staff in the past 18 months through retirement and reductions. We got a new General Manager in 2011 that has given the Decatur facilities clear direction of where the company is going and how Decatur is going to contribute to the success of the company.
There are three employees in the Human Resources Department after reducing the department by 50%. Currently, there is the HR Manager, Employee Relations Manager and the Benefits supervisor. We are a cohesive team that assists each other to ensure Corporate and Plant directives are completed. We as a team also ensure benefits, training, recruiting, and daily tasks are completed in a timely manner.
The hardest part of my job is keeping up with all the changes and recruiting for the turnover of staff. We have had a big turnover in management because of the demands put on some of the employees and their inability to adapt and change.
The most enjoyable part of my job is training the union and management employees so they can be successful in their jobs. I enjoy the interaction with all employees and the satisfaction of being able to resolve their problems. – less
An established company with over 150 years in buisness with opportunities to further competitive advantage.
Buyer (Current Employee), Decatur, ILJune 3, 2012
Cons: short breaks, rising healthcare costs yearly, no retention incentitives
A typical day as buyer includes expediting parts to meet customer demand, contacting suppliers for order updates, quality issues or to discuss general business.
The management has embraced lean manufacturing within the last couple of years, however poor internal communication and decision making has led to more set backs than gains.
Safety and Health Tech./Spacialist (Former Employee), Chattanooga, TNApril 13, 2012
Strong Management team
Great Safety Program
My opinion to be good safety manager you have work for Mueller , there is every day new safety challenge.
Great people