Mueller Company Employee Reviews

Hard Work
Production Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNMarch 27, 2017
This is a very unique place to work we melt iron and make casting from foam which is neat. The work place is very hot and messy from the sand and all the grinding that takes place.
Pros
Plenty of work
Cons
Hot
fun place to work in
Plant Project Engineer Co-op (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TN 37406March 9, 2017
It was a fun place to work. New management has come in and is making big changes to the facility. good and bad. It takes a long time to get anything accomplished. work related that is.
Pros
free coffee
Cons
management
union machinist
Machinist, CNC (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNFebruary 2, 2017
fulfill the requirements set forth by your team lead and keep your area clean. do not over produce, just meet your quota and other than that do what you will with your free time
Pros
good pay
Cons
nasty
Good people, tendency toward micromanagement
Quality Assurance Manager (Current Employee) –  Decatur, ILJanuary 29, 2017
Good people on staff, but constantly changing leadership and tendency toward micromanagement.
First assignment outside automotive industry and found out it wasn't what I thought it would be
Pros
compensation
Cons
organizational culture
Bad Marriage
Associate (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 1, 2016
In my opinion......The environment is somewhat friendly depending on what department you work in. It is rated as a top place to work only because managing partner follows up with employees to ensure they comply and rate it that way. Facts are not important. I had a problem with one person in my department who treats people with no respect and is just a miserable human being who doesn't understand professionalism. 5 people left because of this tyrant. If you are in the right click you will be okay. They preach about family and fun being important. They use smoke and mirrors. When I started people were bolting left and right and I never understood why. 10 months later I found out why. I have lost trust in corporate America. Clients and employees are not important, only Billable hours and making partners rich. I saw more clients lost in my time there than new ones emerge. My department had 2 fulltime employees. The rest were interns and part timers who would not work as full timers. Unreasonable budgets make it impossible to grow. They hired me on an hourly basis and then put me on salary at year end! Nice huh! This was part of there business model. Smoke and mirrors, dishonesty, unfair expectations, lack of people skills, and arrogance in attitudes leads you to the revolving door. By far the worst treatment I EVER EXPERIENCED from an organization. Buyer beware is best advice I could offer for someone looking to join. They are always hiring! I wonder why. I left unhappy and untrusting of working in a CPA firm again. I bet that consensus is growing. I have  more... moved on and found the greener grass. PLEASE DO YOURSELF A FAVOR AND THINK TWICE AND ASK GOOD QUESTIONS. This place almost ruined my life!  less
Pros
proximity to train and locations
Cons
see review
pretty decent place to work
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  cleveland, tnJune 15, 2015
I would work 8 hours a day only 5 days a week and learned a lot from my senior tech, like how to troubleshoot plc's. Management was ok, the coworkers were great, we all got along really well, the hardest part bout my job was crawling in a hot press mins after stopping and trying to concentrate. The most enjoyable part of my job was knowing I had off every weekend.
Great Job
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Cleveland TnJune 7, 2015
I thoroughly enjoyed my time a Mueller. I learned alot and was able to be an integral part of a team. I felt like i was appreciated by the management, and the crew.
Great place to start a career
Production Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Decatur, ILMay 11, 2015
I was pleased with everything that I have learned and that I am still learning in this business. I have had many classes and chances to travel to many of our other plants in the United States.
ok place
Senior Program Manager / Team Manager (Current Employee) –  Decatur, ILNovember 18, 2014
ok place

A very small town not an up and coming location for a company. The people were nice. Limitation on what to do in Decatur. This would be better if the company moved .It would be hard to attract good talent because of its location.
I stay busy with no stress
Machine operator (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, TNApril 8, 2014
I run two cnc machines a has lathe and a has robot lathe .I am a hard worker who is a fast learner and don't mind learning different things within the company
Pros
it's a good paying job with good benefits
Cons
the managment don't respect there employers nor do they care about the people on the floor
Great place
Buyer (Current Employee) –  Decatur, ILDecember 23, 2013
Great place to work for. Good benefits and the management is easy to work with.
Productive group of engineers
Intern (Current Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNOctober 26, 2013
I was a product engineering intern with Mueller. The engineers walked me through the basics of production design and research and development. I was involved in both prototype testing and design.

The engineers and designers I worked with were very down to earth and helpful. From an intern's perspective, this is a fantastic place to learn the basics of R&D. I am sure they are just as helpful for new full-time engineers.

Management expects alot, but manages to keep the stress levels low for the most part.

Overall an excellent place to work.
Pros
jean fridays, group lunch fridays, laid back atmosphere
Customer Service Representative - Inside Sales (Former Employee) –  Decatur, ILJune 10, 2013
Mueller Company was a terrific place to work. You do not find employers like these any longer. Focus on customer service while the company really does care about their employers. They really do take care of their "people". A+ place to work.
Pros
Laid back atmosphere.
Cons
Learning water products.
A very dependable job
Utility Man (Former Employee) –  Decatur, ILMarch 26, 2013
This was a good job at the time. I gained a lot of experience. A foundry is a hot, dangerous place to work. I worked with a lot of good guys that had your back in dangerous situations
Pros
good pay
Cons
dirty hard job
Best in their field.
Product Manager (Former Employee) –  Decatur, ILFebruary 13, 2013
Lots of training and support.
Great products. Great sales organization.
Mueller Company is constantly challenging the workforce to discover more efficient ways to satisfy customer demand.
Employee Relations Manager (Current Employee) –  Decatur, ILNovember 19, 2012
A typical day of work consists of answering grievances, training supervisors of any labor law or legal changes and improving their skill set (computer, management, etc.). I attend meetings to discuss production requirements and the staffing needed to meet customer demand. I track the absenteeism, sick leave, and FMLA leaves daily to ensure we are compliant with company policies and the law. I issue any disciplinaries for absences, job performance, or any failure to follow policies and procedures. I also handle any suspensions or terminations for the manufacturing facility and the foundry. I also assist with benefits, workers compensation, and the safety program at both facilities. I handle the recruiting for union and company employees.
I have been on two contract negotiations for collective bargaining with the union. I took over the Safety Managers position when our Safety Manager quit in December 2011 until a new candidate was hired in June 2012. In performing the Safety position I was in charge of the reporting of accidents, Workers Compensation reporting, and monthly reports to the General Manager and Corporate Headquarters.
Management has undergone a turnover of 50% of the staff in the past 18 months through retirement and reductions. We got a new General Manager in 2011 that has given the Decatur facilities clear direction of where the company is going and how Decatur is going to contribute to the success of the company.
There are three employees in the Human Resources Department after reducing the department by 50%. Currently, there is the HR Manager, Employee Relations
  more... Manager and the Benefits supervisor. We are a cohesive team that assists each other to ensure Corporate and Plant directives are completed. We as a team also ensure benefits, training, recruiting, and daily tasks are completed in a timely manner.
The hardest part of my job is keeping up with all the changes and recruiting for the turnover of staff. We have had a big turnover in management because of the demands put on some of the employees and their inability to adapt and change.
The most enjoyable part of my job is training the union and management employees so they can be successful in their jobs. I enjoy the interaction with all employees and the satisfaction of being able to resolve their problems.
Pros
working with employees from all levels of the organization.
Cons
understaffed which causes work overload, employee dissatisfaction, turnover, .
An established company with over 150 years in buisness with opportunities to further competitive advantage.
Buyer (Current Employee) –  Decatur, ILJune 3, 2012
A typical day as buyer includes expediting parts to meet customer demand, contacting suppliers for order updates, quality issues or to discuss general business.
The management has embraced lean manufacturing within the last couple of years, however poor internal communication and decision making has led to more set backs than gains.
Cons
short breaks, rising healthcare costs yearly, no retention incentitives
Safety and Health Tech./Spacialist (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNApril 13, 2012
Strong Management team
Great Safety Program
My opinion to be good safety manager you have work for Mueller , there is every day new safety challenge.
Great people

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Mueller Company. Our community is ready to answer.

Mueller Company Reviews by Location