Mueller Water Products Employee Reviews

Good working environment and pay.
Furance and Ladle Repair (Current Employee) –  Albertville, ALMay 29, 2017
Pay is good and the employees are great. Management treats you fairly well, but there is click you have to join before you can move up. I have work there for 16 years and I can say my experience has been good.
pretty good factory to work in
Utility Operator (Former Employee) –  Decatur, ILMay 16, 2017
liked keeping busy,but not enough effeot on safty.lots of good hard w
orking people there,but they do need to retire alot of the old timers very good training programs they care about helping their people
Pros
sometimes free cookouts or lunches
Cons
lunch to short but mangsment isnt to bad
Excellent place to work but in recent months has become very seasonal
Assembler (Current Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNFebruary 22, 2017
Repetitive work on a daily basis with hardest being getting in the routine of the job to not make mistakes. Most enjoyable is working with fellow employees.
Great coworkers
Technician (Current Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNFebruary 15, 2017
Great coworkers terrible management. Low working class moral. No PTO or sick days. Hot working conditions and supervision is tough on most workers in the plant
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Terrible management
Former CNC operator
Cnc operator (Former Employee) –  Cleveland TNJanuary 19, 2017
I can tell you exactly how this company rolls. I was an employee for almost 5 years. I assisted this company to help upkeep and maintain their CNC operations. Wrote a number of programs for them to be able to run new style water meters. Helped to speed up production from CNC operations a good 30 percent. They never compensated me for any programming I did for them. Job title was operator when I actually programmed for over 2 years with no pay or job title advances. Any boss there would tell you I was one of their best employees and I personally think if that were true they would have given me the job title I earned instead of hiring people off the street cause they have a degree. Worked myself to the bone 12 to 16 hours a day 7 days a week for what I thought was looking towards job advancment. Instead it's just another way that the corporate conglomerate filth stick it to the little man.
Next thing on the agenda is how human resources denied perfectly legitimate excuses for being out of work but if you were anything other than white FMLA was available. Not long before I left employment I let my supervisors and human resources know that I was to be taking custody of my niece court ordered and I would need to be able to be off on the weekends to be with her because she was just molested by her grandfather. They denied me being able to get the time I needed to take care of my family so I handed in my time card and left.
What's sad about all of this is that I had myself fooled thinking that when the on floor programmer retired I was in line for the job. I knew things about their
  more... machines that no one else knew and if there were ever any problems I was the one that fixed them, not the pitiful engineering department they have. When your production supervisor walks up and tells you that the engineering department is devising a test to decide who can program and who is going to get the job that was the end of my rope.
Showed them that one operator that was skilled could do the jobs of everyone in the whole plant basically and they still wouldn't throw me a bone. Because of all of this I had to foreclose on my home, drop my start up business and move back home to take care of my mother and niece because of heartless people.
One more mention if anyone actually reads these things, according to federal law, I was never compensated for any of the time I spent doing the engineering departments jobs. I was an operator doing programming jobs. That was actually one of the last meetings we had before I left was human resources filling us in on federal laws yet I have yet to do anything about it and I still have the proof required to push the fact.
I do not understand how we allow things like this to happen. All I know is now my life is a lot less stressful not having to deal with the capitalist pigs that ran that place. Good riddance
Pros
None unless you want to be walked all over for a pay check
Cons
Being toe jam was the best
Management incapable of communicating with each other
Service fitting Sr technician (Current Employee) –  Decatur, ILDecember 4, 2016
Ok so I work at the Decatur plant 1. First thing of importance!!! They don't not tell you they have lead in they're products so that's one hazard, I asked why they took my blood at my health screening so now you know. Management. Bottle of nasty snakes tryin for one tiny mouse, they back stab, lie, manipulate to get what they need said, not done. They do nothing. They don't not run any machines! They don't know how! If there was a strike Mullers would be relocated, and trust me this last contract was absolutely horrible! Everybody gets raises, but your health insurance premiums go up every year so u lose more money every year! The only ONLY! PRO is the production workers that train you and help
You! Management has no knowledge so they cannot
Train. Everything is I'll send an email! Now mind you this is Decatur, and even your fellow co worker is out for a grab bag so keep your personal life to yourself! There is no advancement, dirty environment, cold in the winter, like the sun in the summer! If your single this is for you, if your healthy! If your family type look again. When your kids are out of school you will be working 10 mandatory hours plus sat. And if your greedy it's 12 hour shifts mon-thru Friday. Sat sun. They will let you work yourself to death. Need to mind. Points systems that doesn't count surgery or anything that's a point per day. You
Get 12
Pros
Money during overtime seasons, co-workers (some not the narks)
Cons
no overtime in winter, horrible management, no advance, safety not #1
Avoid unless your family is starving.
Material Handler/Forklift Operator (so I thought) (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, TNNovember 29, 2016
Pay was alright, but the place might as well be managed by chimps. Started off there as a material handler, (forklift driver).

I spent my entire first and only month there without even receiving my license. They would give me things to do called cycle counts, which required a license and they expected me to still be able to get things off of the top racks using telekinesis I guess.

When I started bugging them every day about getting my license, they just started moving me around as a floater to help the absentee problem in all of the departments.

Filled out a request for time off sheet once, and got cussed out by a manager for leaving it on his desk. (He's never anywhere to be found). Women are immune to being punished for taking 20 minute breaks because it's considered sexism to hold them accountable for anything.

If they say you're going to be working in the hydro guard department, go ahead and turn in your notice because you'll be working with a feminist man-hater that's also immune to corrective action because she's the only one in the building that knows her department.

If you pick up a broom and start sweeping because you have nothing to do at the moment, you'll be chastised for not doing anything. If you take initiative and start helping someone because you have nothing to do, you'll be chastised because you weren't told to do that.

The only good employee here is the HR girl. Corporate really needs to pay a surprise visit here and clean house. None of the jobs here require a degree in Astro-Physics so They could replace people easily if they would
  more... just bother to actually train them.  less
Pros
The pay
Cons
Everything else
love my jpb
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Brownsville, TXNovember 8, 2016
Do my Best always and find a way to work better. Put a goal to finish my work in time, work in assembly line and assembly gas vault
Pros
free lunch
Cons
not everyone working together
Good pay good bebefits
Assembler/Production (Former Employee) –  Albertville, ALSeptember 6, 2016
Muller takes good care of its employees.The only drawback is building up enough time to get through the yearly layoffs.Management is good and fair,and the work enviroment is very professional.
Benefits
Cons
Layoffs
Horrible place to work.
Foundry processor (Former Employee) –  Columbia, PAJuly 26, 2016
Management terrible, Union unsupportive, coworkers snitches and back stabbers, Work environment and air quality really bad. It wasn't always like this but with changes of management it has gotten progressively worse. Never know what hours or how many you are working. Horrible nightmare.
Pros
Good pay.
Cons
Pretty much everything . Don't make plans because they switch your hours, shifts, and depts in a days notice.
Worst job worst working environment
Maintenance Worker (Former Employee) –  Columbia, PAMay 3, 2016
Worked at the Colombia pa foundry, worst job i ever had. Management was horrible, certainly not enough money for the dirty environment your expected to work in
Pros
Cons
It starts when you punch in
Good pay but cannot have a life outside of work
Production (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, TNDecember 9, 2015
Poor management. Never complimentary or encouraging. Manage with slave-driver approach. No life balance - you always work 6 days/week (56 hours) so you can't have a life outside of work. Constantly trying to do production with worn-out tooling because company will not replace them. If you're a female and management likes you, you can do whatever you want - there are no rules. This is the only place I've ever worked where management blatantly lies to your face and does not stick to their own word. Only allowed 2 sick days per year (that's what vacation days are for-riigghhtt!!). Advancement opportunity only if you have a degree. They like placing good employees in higher pay positions without giving them the higher pay. There's always a carefully crafted excuse why they won't give you the appropriate pay. I've witnessed this numerous times. Very little training provided.
Pros
Good pay for the area
Cons
Only 2 days sick pay per year, work 6 days per week, poor management and poor tooling
Worst management
customer service representative (Former Employee) –  Tinley Park, ILNovember 13, 2015
I regret ever accepting this position. The worst management skills ever. If you like to work in a office filled with gossip and unfair procedures this is the place for you and good luck.
Lousy Place to work
Stock Room Attendent (Former Employee) –  Hammond,IndianaAugust 6, 2015
Hated going to work in the Hammond plant never know what kind of mood the Supervisor is going to be I had a lot to offer but they turn a Blind eye Stockroom is Small hard to maneuver .
Pros
Pay is Good
Cons
Bad Supervisor has his favorites also Management turns a deaf ear
watch your back
Engineer (Former Employee) –  AlabamaJuly 27, 2015
They are a self insured company who's program administrator is BCBS, so don't let anyone in your family get sick, they will dump you to save on their Insurance cost.
Poor management, that doesn't value there employees.
Packer (Former Employee) –  Greencastle paJuly 14, 2015
Very poor management. Do not value there employees, especially the ones who have been there for a long time. Are not fair in how they do things at all. Would not recommend them especially the packing dept.
Pros
Can choose your shift pretty much.
Cons
Very unfair, don't respect older employees. Dirty environment
Productive Work Place
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 20, 2015
Productive Work Place, a typical work day included supporting my team in HR, compensation, and benefits. It was definitely a fun group of people to work with.
Very old culture
Manager (Current Employee) –  Decatur, ILApril 30, 2015
Mueller Water Products, Inc. is a leading manufacturer and marketer of products and services used in the transmission, distribution and measurement of water in North America.
Good pay, bad management.
Machinist (Former Employee) –  Hammond IndianaJanuary 4, 2015
Good pay compared to most shops. Some exceptional perks, like two years vacation the first year of employment along with five sick/personal days and yearly raises. The healthcare package was comprehensive, health, dental, vision, ad&d, life insurance, and 401k, but every year the healthcare premiums increased significantly, so that the raise didn't even matter because it came right back out in the healthcare premiums. The first year there I was able to afford the option 90, the best coverage. Upon leaving, I had over the years been forced down to the lower option 70 because premiums spiked literally every year. That's unheard of. But the biggest deficit of the company is the incompetence in management. No communication, great ignorance to operations, lack of concern for productivity, therefore tooling wasn't purchased, equipment wasn't fixed, and substandard valves were customarily shipped out the door to customers. Their idea seemed to be, just get it out the door. I don't care if you have to machine it with a hand grinder. We machinist can indeed make an exception due to lack of tooling and yet get the job done, but here the exception was the rule and normal way of business. No tooling, but get it done. Hope this helped.
Pros
Pay, vacation, personal days.
Cons
Incompetent management, rundown and inadequate tooling and equipment, unaffordable healthcare.
established company with minimum advancement opportunities
Manufacturing Engineer (Current Employee) –  Decatur, ilNovember 15, 2014
Develop new manufacturing process while supporting current manufacturing processes of over 80 CNC machine tools.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Mueller Water Products. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8