Multiband Employee Reviews

Not a pleasant enviroment
Production Technician (Former Employee) –  Scott, LAMay 23, 2017
This company was not fun to work at. There were managers that did not know the business or their job. It felt like a hostile environment every time we had a meeting. I enjoyed the work I did, but there was no flexibility with this company. This company did have good benefits.
benefits
Cons
hostile environment
long office days
Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIMarch 1, 2017
In the Multiband call center the days were long but only for three days a week. As with any customer service position there will be the angry customers but not all. Having good people skills is key.
Pros
short work week
Cons
not the best pay
Fun work, if you enjoy customer service
Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INFebruary 8, 2017
Managements loyalty to the employee is poor. Their piece rate pay is a little low, for the industry. Benefits are comparable to most other companies.
Great group of co-workers.
Installation Technician (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJanuary 28, 2017
Great pay, but pay is biased on performance meaning you get paid for the work you do not hourly. The management is good full of former technicians. A bonus is you do get free DirecTV after 30 days of employment.
Friendly work place
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  32nd streetJanuary 15, 2017
Met new people and was able to help out people over the phone with their cable issues. I was able to meet so many different personalities and satisfying peoples needs.
Management questionable
Technician Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNNovember 11, 2016
Questionable decisions made by management. Overall balance of work life and home life very lopsided. Salary improved from start and is a very good wage for degree required.
Productive workplace
Installer (Current Employee) –  Bossier City, LAOctober 3, 2016
This is a great job for someone that is single with no kids, or social life. Time off is hard to take even when you have it to take.
Althought you can make a nice pay for your work you have to decide between your family and your job.
Pros
coworkers
Cons
work days
primary and most sucessful direct tv contractor
Installation and repairs Technician (Former Employee) –  Katy, TXAugust 31, 2016
had a great experience at goodman as well as multiband doing work for direct tv and now at&t . the work had its required sacrifices but was rewarding . and many of the customers i did work made the hard parts very bearable with their praise and support.
Pros
perks free tv cov, benefits
Cons
some long hours
I've seen better
Truck Dispatcher/ Customer Service Rep/ Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Richmond, KYJuly 29, 2016
The supervisor's surely have their favorites. Work very hard with little to no pay, Expected to pull OT constantly. So much for having a Union because I watched them LIE about employees to get them fired.
Pros
Lots of OT
Cons
everything
bonus structure is geared to fill your pockets
Technician Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Novi, MIJune 27, 2016
The job is not difficult, you simply have to remember a lot of information and be able to recall situations and the fix for them at all times. Being in a customers home when the customer is irate and the ability to calm them down and fix their issue as a service technician is a critical part of the daily routine. You rely greatly on your fellow technicians for information as well as parts and supplies.
Management used to be good to work with. But they have changed their structure and now the supervisors are all located in the office taking calls which has left the technicians in the field with little to no field support, and that is the hardest part of the job.
Pros
the pay, and bonuses
Cons
your work day can range from 8 hours to 15 hours, leaves little to no time for a personal life with family and friends
Good for Awhile
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Eden Prairie, MNMay 18, 2016
Was a good workplace till Goodman took over and all employees were laid off. Liked My co-workers and job, Some days would be long work days but enjoyed it. It turned when Goodman took over.
Join at your own risk
Lead Installation Technician (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAApril 25, 2016
Overworked and under-paid. I should have left a long time ago. Too many changes and most where unnecessary. The hardest part was the long days. The most enjoyable was the end of the day when i got to go home.
Relaxed environment
HR Administrative, Data Entry (Current Employee) –  Bloomington, ILApril 8, 2016
A typical day is reading emails then doing paperwork for payroll, then I will do any interviews that are set up and process the apps and send them for drug screenings and process their backgrounds.I will put all the information on a spreadsheet and email them to corporate. I will then process any disciplinary memos. Then I will process any customer paperwork the techs bring in.
My co workers are all easy going and helpful. We all pitch in and help each other out when needed.
Pros
Co workers
Cons
No advancement
installing for directv
SATELLIGHT INSTALLER (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHApril 4, 2016
fun job to have, helpful staff. strong support from managers. the only negative that I have is that in the summer you have absolutely no life, and in the winter its hard to get work.
Pros
fun environment
Cons
shifting hours
Physically and mentally demanding atmospere with a culture of passing the buck among management
Satellite Service & Installation Technician (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INFebruary 24, 2016
Start at 8:00am and stop when the work is done. Install and repair DIRECTV products. No room for advancement, in over 2 years I've only seen two technicians promoted to management and one of which was demoted back to technician within 2 months. Paid piece rate, but not provided with adequate amount of equipment to meet demand. Since you often don't have the equipment you need you often spend 2-3 hrs. a day tracking down supplies from other technicians and since compensation is piece rate unless you're in overtime it is without pay. They do provide you with a company van and gas card, but they use that against you by saying that you don't have any reason to complain about chasing equipment because they are paying for the gas. While there is *some* validity in their argument a person should be compensated for their time when doing anything on the companies behalf. This also hurts your average hourly pay rate once you get into overtime they will divide your piece rate pay at 40hrs. in half to figure out what rate time and a half is for that pay period. well if you spend 15 of those 40hrs. chasing equipment it severely diminishes your hourly average negatively affecting your O.T. pay. Very little support from management for technicians in the field. One supervisor has 50 techs and when you have a job that needs canceled, or rescheduled you must receive supervisor approval and you often end up wasting an hour just trying to get ahold of them to get it resolved (also without compensation). I do like the management at the office level, but believe they are to understaffed to have much  more... ability to make any real impact to help technicians because there's too many problems and too few management types to give problems the amount of time it takes to truly resolve them. Fellow technicians are excellent about helping one another, because they know there will be little to no help from management to resolve field issues and if we didn't help each other no-one else would. You do learn to become extremely self sufficient which is an invaluable skill in almost every aspect of life. You also learn a lot of communication, problem solving, and persuasion skills while dealing with different personalities of customers. You also learn a lot of problem solving skills dealing with different types of construction, environmental limitations (such as trees), building, DIRECTV, electrical, and home association codes.  less
Pros
Work independantly, meet a lot of nice and interesting people, and gain a tremendous amount of problem solving skills
Cons
Six day work weeks, no set quitting time, very little support from management, no real path for advancement.
Great place to work but...
Inventory Coordinator I (Current Employee) –  Evansville, INJanuary 20, 2016
Multiband was a great place to work I loved the work and didn't have a problem with it but some of the co-workers are very disrespectful.
Fun job
Technician (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJanuary 19, 2016
Meeting new people everyday. Working outside. I learned a lot about customer service. I learned a lot about construction of houses. The only thing bad was that management was more interested in jobs complete then safety. I have a great deal of respect for everyone I worked with. For it takes a special person to work in all kind of weather and work environments and still keep their composure with potential hostile customers.
Pros
Free Direct TV
Cons
Management not following safety guidelines
Great job
Tower Hand (Former Employee) –  Sarasota, FLJanuary 19, 2016
Had a great time, learned to things to help me further my career. Management was supportive, provided training to accomplish a job/task. Work was strenuous at times, weather can be an issue.
Pros
Work
Cons
None at this time.
Multiband was a very good place to work with a great atmosphere.
Senior Tax Accountant (Former Employee) –  MinnetonkaDecember 25, 2015
Multiband Management always had an open-door policy. Every employee was known be name. Coming to work each day was enjoyable. It was a great fit for me.
Pros
pleasant atmosphere, cooperation among all employees
Not a family oriented persons job or place of employment. Great job for H.S. grad., technical college grad.or single man to develope skills and grow.
Field Technician (Current Employee) –  Williston, VTDecember 17, 2015
Not a job for a family oriented person with kids.
Unstructured hours and income earnings.
GREAT earning potential 3 seasons out of the year(spring,summ.,fall)
Great way to get into the more technical field of networking, cable installation.
Great job for people with cunstruction background and who dont mind working in the elements.
Fair benefits and some GREAT perks of the job.
Pros
free directv, company vehicle taken home but company pays all maintenance, opportunity to travel locally or nationally to other offices
Cons
fluctuation of income, paid piece work rate, little or no compensation for personal time invested, company lacks communication at times.....

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Multiband. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9