MultiCare Health System Employee Reviews

Supportive and Fun place to work
Epic Trainer (Current Employee) –  Puyallup, WASeptember 23, 2016
Lots to do and room to grow. Job related schooling options available. The staff are great to work with and dedicated to a positive outcome. Good balance between work and life.
This is a great place to work!
RRT (Current Employee) –  Tacoma, WASeptember 8, 2016
A great place to work! Very friendly coworkers. Wonderful management! A very patient originated place. I enjoy the pleasant work environment. If a part time or full time position became available I would be thrilled to obtain the position. I can truly think of no reason why employment here would not be fabulous.
Pros
Very pleasant work environment.t
Cons
None that comes to mind
Plenty of room for growth in this company
Environmental Services (Former Employee) –  Tacoma, WAJuly 20, 2016
I liked working for the company and everyone is so friendly encouraging and nice just a pleasant environment to be apart of
Pros
good work environment
Horrible management
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Puyallup, WAJuly 6, 2016
Big big big thumbs down on Management! Doesn't work with students changing schedule unless you are on-call but then constantly floated to other units, and unsafe patient ratios to CNA with unrealistic expectations of work performance. Great learning environment but then you are playing catch-up the rest of the shift.
Pros
coworkers are amazing!
Cons
very short or no breaks due to patient ratios
Worse place to work.
RN Emergency Department (Former Employee) –  Auburn, WAJune 28, 2016
Severe problems with HR and employee health. I was not entered into computer system and HR told me I was a "computer idiot", when the mistake was made in HR. Employee health sent me numerous emails about immunizations I had already had and provided them with documentation. NO breaks. Once worked 16 hours without a break.
Pros
None, worse place ever to work.
Cons
ER, at night, is run by new grads and travel nurses. Only saw nurse manager twice in 3 months.
co-workers
Full time- regular (Former Employee) –  Tacoma, WA 98405June 15, 2016
I loved going to work at Multicare. I loved all of my co-workers. We always worked great together. It didn't matter if it was a learning experience or if it was direct patient care it was always a good time witch made my job so much better.
I love my job and the people I work with
LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse) (Current Employee) –  Tacoma, WAMay 16, 2016
When I clock into work I greet whomever I run into in the hallways, grab all the tools I need to have on me, find out what my assignment is for the night and look up quick information on all my patients. I then receive report from the outgoing LPN. I then do vitals on all my patients so I can introduce myself and kind of get a feel of their disposition for the night. I then meet up with the RN I am assigned with to go over any things that need to be monitored throughout the night. I make notes on my brain sheet of these things and also note the times and medications each patient needs and at what time. The most enjoyable part of the job is seeing the progress the patients make toward being discharged from the hospital. The Charge Nurses and other staff members are very helpful in helping or answering questions I ask of them. The hardest part of the job is watching an educated patient deteriorate unnecessarily because of their stubbornness.
Pros
Job Satisfaction
Cons
Graveyard Shift
Good job structure
CNA Epic software specialty (Former Employee) –  Puyallup, WAJanuary 21, 2016
The Good Sam Hospital has gone through a lot of structuring with the staff and duties that go along with each individual.
Night shift is not what you might think as if the night shift personal are not busy per say because of patient's sleeping. This idea is quite different in that the patients are a 24 hour care staff with numerous situations with either the patients or family issues. We are a team and treat each other as such.
Pros
Shift differential
Cons
Day sleeping through summer.
Amazing Place
EMERGENCY SERVICE TECHNICIAN (Current Employee) –  Puyallup, WADecember 11, 2015
I have been truly blessed to work with Multicare for the Past 9 years for one of their Emergency Departments. My co-workers are truly my family. The job is not the easiest but to be able to serve you community is an awesome feeling. Saying good-bye will be one the hardest things I have ever had to do.
Pros
Co-workers, Management team, Getting to know your community
Cons
Hard to get breaks and lunch, More employees needed in the ER.
steady job good benefits
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Puyallup, WANovember 4, 2015
they provide great care as well as give employees options on healthcare plans. there are many different types of positions to apply for and you can work up.
MultiCare provides cutting edge care for patients.
Residency Coordinator/ Executive Admin. Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tacoma, WASeptember 13, 2015
MultiCare Health Systems provides superb care for patients and a supportive environment for employees with continuing education and training.
Largest private employer in South Sound with over 10,000 employees. Many opportunities for advancement.
Senior Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tacoma, WAAugust 22, 2015
Large healthcare system providing excellent medical care to the South Sound community. Challenging work enviornment and, if inclinded, many opportunities for education and promotions. The employees are definitely the best asset of the organization.
Pros
Medical, dental benefits, 403b, retirement, tuition assistance
Cons
Parking
Wheel out the employees
Document Image Technician (Former Employee) –  tacoma, WAAugust 11, 2015
Too many things changing too fast and the changes aren't all that good and affects the work we do.

Benefits are good, and the pay isn't that bad either.
Pros
20% off Multicare Deli's
Cons
In the middle of cost company reduction, things are changing too fast.
no support, inexperienced staff, bad management, PROFITS!!!!
RN Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Tacoma, WAApril 28, 2015
Multicare was a great place to work in the past but it has really taken a turn for the worse in recent years. The focus of this company has shifted from caring for people to making money. Profits seem to be all that concerns upper management. Staff frequently work without breaks or lunches in unsafe conditions under the falsehood of speed and efficiency. Staff are bullied and abused by management on a regular basis. The turn over rate at Tacoma General is incredibly high and the experience level is at an all time unsafe low. I used to recommend Tacoma General as a place to give and receive care but that is no longer true. Management is aware of the unsafe patient ratios and working conditions and yet nothing is done about it. There are some fabulous people that still work at TG but those numbers are dwindling fast.
I hope upper management will wake up and correct the mistakes they have made before all that is left to work at this hospital are agency staff.
Pros
Nice location and up to date equipment
Cons
no support, no breaks, unsafe ratios, poor managment

Comment – May 29, 2015

We're sorry you feel that MultiCare's priorities have changed for the worse. Our mission continues to be supporting health and healing in the communities we serve. To do this, we must also remain financially sustainable.

Wonderful workplace
Payroll Specialist (Current Employee) –  Tacoma, WAMarch 11, 2015
Fantastic all around experience. Would love to work for Multicare again. Great leadership, great team, above average pay, outstanding work life balance.
Good Benefts
RN (Former Employee) –  Olympia, WAFebruary 24, 2015
this is a good company to work for. For me, the reason I left was because my family has to move to Olympia and the driving becomes too much. Otherwise I will stay with it till now.
Love the people
Clinic Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Tacoma, WADecember 10, 2014
People are great
Too many direct reports for first-line leaders
Micro-managers in upper management
Pros
staff are wonderful, family-like environment
Cons
upper management, short staffed, limited opportunities for growth
poor management, provider burn-out
mid-level provider (Former Employee) –  urgent careOctober 23, 2014
management does not listen to providers -- they care more about pleasing patients and high customer service reports than taking care of providers and preventing burn-out. Providers are expected to stay late and not get compensated for extra time (often working 1 to 2 hours over shift end time).

Comment – October 27, 2014

Patient care is indeed a top priority for MultiCare. But caring for – and listening to – employees is also very important. Recently, we changed our Urgent Care hours to reduce unscheduled overtime. This change was made based on feedback from our providers. We have also made changes to our provider compensation program based on input from providers across our system. We’re sorry that MultiCare was not the right fit for you and wish you the best in your career.

great place to work
Operating Engineer II (Current Employee) –  Tacoma, WAOctober 12, 2014
co-workers are great and very helpful, they are very willing to share their expertise and experience to create a very productive working environment
Great inovated healthcare system to work for
Medical Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Tacoma, WASeptember 21, 2014
A typical day at work would include- check in and out of patients in a busy 5 provider family practice office- as well as walk in patient's-and taking care of their needs- such as prescription requests- referral to specialists- coordinated patient to doctor questions through computer emails- faxing documents, as well as distributing incoming faxes- taking payments, verification of insurances. I also was responsible for the scheduling and coordinating of appointments for out addiction specialist as well as working with their mental health counselors, and their insurance authorizations. I was in a lead role in this position- I gained great knowledge and confidence that enhanced my abilities a medical receptionist. I worked with great co workers. The hardest part of my job is when we were short staffed at the front desk. the most enjoyable part of the job was interacting with our patient's and working as a team with my co-workers.
Pros
multicare valued their employess- ie: gain sharing once a year
Cons
not having enough employees in our float pool for staff coverage

Ask a question about working or interviewing at MultiCare Health System. Our community is ready to answer.

MultiCare Health System Reviews by Location