MultiCare Health System

MultiCare Health System Employer Reviews

poor management, provider burn-out
mid-level provider (Former Employee), urgent careOctober 23, 2014
management does not listen to providers -- they care more about pleasing patients and high customer service reports than taking care of providers and preventing burn-out. Providers are expected to stay late and not get compensated for extra time (often working 1 to 2 hours over shift end time).

October 27, 2014

Patient care is indeed a top priority for MultiCare. But caring for – and listening to – employees is also very important. Recently, we changed our Urgent Care hours to reduce unscheduled overtime. This change was made based on feedback from our providers. We have also made changes to our provider compensation program based on input from providers across our system. We’re sorry that MultiCare was not the right fit for you and wish you the best in your career.

great place to work
Operating Engineer II (Current Employee), Tacoma, WAOctober 12, 2014
co-workers are great and very helpful, they are very willing to share their expertise and experience to create a very productive working environment
Great inovated healthcare system to work for
Medical Receptionist (Current Employee), Tacoma, WASeptember 21, 2014
Pros: multicare valued their employess- ie: gain sharing once a year
Cons: not having enough employees in our float pool for staff coverage
A typical day at work would include- check in and out of patients in a busy 5 provider family practice office- as well as walk in patient's-and taking care of their needs- such as prescription requests- referral to specialists- coordinated patient to doctor questions through computer emails- faxing documents, as well as distributing incoming faxes- taking payments, verification of insurances. I also was responsible for the scheduling and coordinating of appointments for out addiction specialist as well as working with their mental health counselors, and their insurance authorizations. I was in a lead role in this position- I gained great knowledge and confidence that enhanced my abilities a medical receptionist. I worked with great co workers. The hardest part of my job is when we were short staffed at the front desk. the most enjoyable part of the job was interacting with our patient's and working as a team with my co-workers.
Creative and innovative place to work.
Manager of Coding (Current Employee), Tacoma, WAAugust 18, 2014
A typical day at work involves managing the coding team and the DNFB. The people I work with are very hard working and dedicated.
My Day at work
Charging Specialist (Current Employee), Tacoma, WAAugust 7, 2014
Pros: great people to work with
Department. The Coding Specialist will review documentation from paper records for correct assignment of billing codes to assure compliance with payer and government standards. Responsibilities include the following: Evaluate paper visit notes and assigning accurate diagnosis and procedure codes. * Work with practitioners to assure appropriate information is documented.
MHS
Supervisor (Former Employee), Tacoma, WAAugust 1, 2014
Multicare was a great job for eight years. I advanced at many different levels. I learned multiple aspects of the operations of the Clinical Laboratory. I worked with a team of at least 20 direct reports.
Good Company
Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee), Tacoma, WAJuly 29, 2014
One of the best companies to work for. Great benefits. Answered phones, checked in patients, got patients ready for their xray exam, developed xray films, verified insurances, got deposits ready each day.
Productive and fun work environment
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee), Tacoma, WAMay 5, 2014
Pros: 16 years of advancements
Cons: leaving to advance my education
My 16 years with Multicare Health System was the best work years so far. I went form support partner,with Mary-bridge Hospital, to clinic CNA, I was so fortunate to be on the ground floor of advancement, I was there from 1 GI doctor, to the growing 4th doctor, from a old building to a brand new building, paper charts to EMR, Not only is MultiCare Health System number one in Pierce County Wa.,they are number one for actively supporting the community. as well its staff, And the staff support one another.
Hugs to MultiCare
Core Values
Shipping & Receiving Supervisor (Former Employee), Tacoma, WAApril 21, 2014
What attracted me to MultiCare Health System is the values that they stood for which correlate with my personal values. Those values are stewardship, integrity, collaboration, kindness, excellence, and respect.
Great Place to Work
RN (Former Employee), Tacoma, WAApril 16, 2014
Staff and charge nurses helpful and allow good coverage and good patient to staff ratio.
Very supportive on continuing education
Licensed Practical Nurse (Former Employee), Tacoma/Auburn, WAFebruary 23, 2014
Pros: great connections in the medical community
Cons: limited residency programs
Started with Multicare as a Mary Bridge phlebotomist then bridged into Labs NW as phlebotomist/lab processor. Worked on/off with Multicare over a span of 13+ years. As I grew up, married, and started a family Multicare has been great. I obtained my LPN and worked in the outpatient Medical/Oncology clinic for 4.5yrs. Had the opportunity to worked with the best MD's and Nursing staffs. I was responsible for starting a clinic from scratch and growing it into a thriving practice, tons of experience gained. I coordinated care for patients in the community and worked with professionals outside Multicare, for example:Doctors, Hospitals,clinics and scheduled appointments for patients to obtain local care for my patients. The hardest part of the job was leaving to obtain my RN. The most enjoyable part of my day was knowing that I was part of a team that helped medically fragile patients and families get through one of the hardest times of their lives.
very productive
Linen Worker (Former Employee), Tacoma, WAJanuary 13, 2014
Pros: benefits were great
Cons: not very helpful as an employee
most co workers were friendly, job is routine, which is nice
Good manager and nice place to work.
Billing Systems Analyst II (Former Employee), Tacoma, WAJanuary 11, 2014
Pros: able to work from home.
Cons: parking lots
Co-workers are easy to work with and teach new procedures. Management always available to instructed when needed.
Fun and outgoing team to work with
Medical Assistant (Former Employee), Tacoma, WADecember 28, 2013
Pros: great work enviornment
Cons: n/a
Working for Multicare was one the best experiences I have had so far, every employee that works for multicare work hard and care about the patients. I enjoyed working the providers who was willing to teach you about what was going on with a patient. The management at every clinic that I worked at was always working hard and ensuring that every employee that came in was well taken care of and that the clinic was running as was required.
A fun place to work.
Admin Assist-Engineering (Former Employee), Tacoma, WADecember 23, 2013
Pros: lots of time off
Cons: lots and lots of walking
Loved working with all types of people. I learned a lot of regulations that hospitals have and I loved volunteering for the patient advocacy group.
Decline
Information Intelligence Developer III (Current Employee), Puyallup, WADecember 1, 2013
You must be self-motivated and able to know your personal career path.
full filing job
Insurance Follow Up Specialist II (Former Employee), Tacoma WANovember 18, 2013
The company is well established and treats their employees well.
But when down sizing it is hard to get another position wit in he company.
Strong healthcare operating model focuses on quality
Director (Former Employee), Tacoma, WANovember 9, 2013
Multicare has made sound investment decisions especially as it relates to quality and it's IT infrastructure. Work environment however is very toxic which is demonstrated in low patient satisfaction and employee satisfaction. Arrogance abounds.
Excellent place to get my career started
Licensed Practical Nurse (Former Employee), Tacoma, WAOctober 24, 2013
I worked with between 60-100 patients on a daily basis. I was the sole nurse for an Orthopedic Surgeon.
MultiCare Health System was a fabulous to work at
Epic Enterprise Analyst (Former Employee), Tacoma, WAOctober 21, 2013
I started my IT career at MultiCare. They were great at advancing employees.

There was always quite a bit of turnover with the management while I was there which sometimes was difficult.

The benefits were great and flexibility

About MultiCare Health System

MultiCare is a not-for-profit health care organization with more than 9,100 employees and a comprehensive network of services – Read more

MultiCare Health System Photos