MultiCare Health System Employee Reviews

The company takes care of their employees
Financial Analyst (Current Employee) –  Tacoma, WAJuly 17, 2017
Good company to work for. The typical day is busy and in my role, I'm able to see what goes on within different areas of the organization, which helps me have a better understanding of how each department works and how they can help each other out.
Typical day at work
Referral Coordinator and Scheduler (Former Employee) –  Tacoma, WAJuly 14, 2017
Management was biased and I was not treated fairly. If not in cahoots with management that considered an outsider. Did not receive the respect I deserved and not awarded for my accomplishments.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
management
Mhs
Certified Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Covington, WAJuly 12, 2017
Things start out good when you are first hired and then you realize that the company only cares about their providers and not any of the support staff keeping the place running.
Pros
Choose our own attire, holidays off
Cons
must use PTO for holidays
Basic Role and The Most Difficult Part for Me
Nutrition Assistant (Current Employee) –  Tacoma, WAJuly 5, 2017
Upon closing in, my role as a Nutrition Assistant may be to transport food to patients as a transporter or to manage patients orders. Depending on your role for that day you are asked ensure patients have meal orders for the upcoming meal, as well as the following (ex. Lunch-Dinner, Dinner-Breakfast, Breakfast-lunch). From that point you will also deliver meals to your patients. After that you are to assist your coworkers, deliver snacks, and leave note for future staff so they can pick up where you left of with patients.

The staff is nice and will help you if you have questions. I think the most difficult part of the job would be learning to complete your tasks on time.
Pros
The People (staff and patients)
Cons
The mean/hurting/rude patients (not all of them are)
Fun place to work
STAFF PHYSICAL THERAPIST (Current Employee) –  Gig Harbor, WAJune 29, 2017
Great work life balance and a family like atmosphere. They do pay slightly below the market but there benefits are great. would go back in the future and work there again.
a good place to work
Lab Courier (Current Employee) –  Tacoma, WAJune 17, 2017
I have been a Lab Courier for a little more than four years, and have been treated very well, payed well and been well encouraged. I haven't been able to take unpaid time off, however, to take care of personal things,
This job had a very steep learning curve, but was very pleasant as I had a regular routine and performed well. It can get boring, but the people are great.
Pros
excellent working conditions
Cons
little break time, restrictive use of leave time
Amazing coworkers, CEO and business has great goals but pay is VERY low compared to other MA jobs.
Medical Assistant Front and Back Office (Former Employee) –  Kent, WAJune 13, 2017
Company has a great CEO, great vision, great people working BUT low pay for medical assistant. Lower than any other company I've researched far as medical assisting pay goes.
Good Job
Population Health Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Tacoma, WAJune 12, 2017
Needed more training in their Epic system, not always available. This, I feel, created high stress hindering my job performance. Other then that, I loved the position.
ok
Preregistration Specialist (Former Employee) –  Auburn, WAJune 7, 2017
sad place to work. It felt more like a high school environment than anything else. if your just starting out they do have good benefits. don't forget to kiss up to keep your job.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
heave forbid you to be a minute late
Great customer care
Care giver (Current Employee) –  Boise, IDJune 3, 2017
Good place to work. Great supervisors and a great atmosphere. I enjoy helping people and this job is great for managing and helping people. I would suggest working here.
Good start.
Behavioral Health Therapist (Former Employee) –  Auburn/Puyallup, WAMay 30, 2017
In this workplace, I was able to use my counseling to help other teenagers. I also counseled adults with severe depression. I was an intern and learned how to write treatment plans. I enjoyed counseling but my career folded when a sudden death in my family occurred. It was difficult to counsel and I went back to the public school system.
Pros
Great therapy expeirence
Cons
no pay
Health Unit Coordinator
Float Medical Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Auburn, WAMay 24, 2017
Very fun
A lot of people depend on you
Responsible for controlling the whole unit making sure all information is correct for employees and patients can be fast paced and slow
Poor management, no accountabilitly
Patient Access Technician (Current Employee) –  Tacoma, WAMay 19, 2017
Poor staff accountability and management, very dysfuncational they are always short staffed and putting more onto the overworked staff and on call staff.
New Clients
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Meridian, IDMay 17, 2017
I didn't mind the work but there was not enough hours to make a living. I wanted to use my medication certification but the company kept me doing housekeeping and personal care. My medication was not being used in my job as it could of been. I left for personal reasons of losing a family member and wanted to pursue other career opportunities.
Pros
Exposed to Clients with different Medical Conditions
Cons
Not enough hours, Pay very low
Great team of pediatric physicians
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Tacoma, WAMay 12, 2017
I enjoy working at multicare (Mary Bridge Children't health center) Respiratory group is a fun and fast paced. We see a number of children with Asthma, chronic lung disease and Cystic Fibrosis. The exciting part of my job is working with kids, they bring joy and silliness to my everyday workday, It also can be sad due to the illness of a child. My work day is diverse "never the same" That's why I enjoy my job.
Pros
employee appreciation lunch, ice cream socials, free Holiday lunch.
Cons
At times, to busy for lunch or breaks
It's a job
Administrative Asst in Volunteer Services Dept. (Former Employee) –  Tacoma, WAApril 27, 2017
If you work at any of the hospitals, parking is extremely limited and difficult to find.
Many of the locations are in very old buildings that are musty and dull. Not an inspiring place to work.
Good company
Medical Transcriptionist (Former Employee) –  Tacoma, WAApril 26, 2017
Good company, but new CEO brought changes that led to the outsourcing of too many jobs. Loved working from home and the flexibility of the job. Sad that we were outsourced.
Pros
Work at home, flexible hours, good pay
Cons
No job security
Dont work for this company
Peer Specialist (Former Employee) –  Puyallup, WAApril 18, 2017
The pay sucks, management sucks, and their is no union to represent your best interest. There is no morale within the company. If you are smart run away...Far far away from multicare behavioral health
Large company and growing
Medical Transcriptionist III (Former Employee) –  Tacoma, WA 98415April 6, 2017
MultiCare is a large Pacific NW health care system based primarily in the South Sound area. They are a non-profit institution, but at a price: In the 10 years I was employed there, 3 sweeping layoffs occurred, roughly every 3 years or so, with the last set of layoffs in Feb 2017 ultimately outsourcing my position (Transcription) and Coding as well. Overall, I found it to be a good place to work, and I would hold it in comparable esteem with what I enjoyed while employed at the University of Pittsburgh Medical Center.
Pros
Good health/medical benefits for family, Quarterly Gainsharing and family admission to the Puyallup Fair, among other perks.
Cons
Parking can sometimes be an issue
Good People to Work With
Epic Credentialed Trainer (Former Employee) –  Puyallup, WAApril 5, 2017
Generally I enjoyed all the people I worked with; but the specific project I was involved in had some challenges--intense deadline with sometimes very large classroom populations. But, our team was a good one.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at MultiCare Health System. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval