MultiCare Employee Reviews

Productive and Exciting place to work
Security Officer (Current Employee), Tacoma, WAJuly 12, 2015
My typical day includes contacting members of the community in a positive manner majority of the time. There are occasions where we have to detain patients in order to keep the hospital staff safe.
A great place to work!
Internship (Former Employee), Tacoma, WAMay 14, 2015
Pros: Great people, important work, very fulfilling
A real joy to be an intern there. My managers were fantastic people, very understanding and sensitive to make sure I had valuable work to do, and made sure I was challenged. My responsibilities increased as I demonstrated my capabilities.
The weekly huddles were great opportunities to voice issues and give updates for my work. They got to know me and really listened to me, which didn't happen at previous employments.
For an unpaid internship, it was worth every minute in the experience I gained and the fantastic people I worked with.
Great place to work with amazing people
Medical Receptionist Neurophysiology (Current Employee), Neuro Diagnostic ServicesApril 29, 2015
I really love Multicare and it's culture. Everyone is kind and you can feel safe asking questions. It's a great place to work.
fun place to work
Medical Assistant (Former Employee), Covington, WAApril 15, 2015
rooming patients, obtaining vitals, administering immunizations, educating patients, changing wounds, scheduling patients and assisting with procedures.
I worked Per Diem for Multicare.
Cardiac Sonographer (Former Employee), Tacoma, WAApril 9, 2015
As a company, MultiCare is very good to work for. I worked Per Diem for them so my day to day experience was limited. I was on call for weekends and that was good.
This is the most dysfunctional corporation imaginable
Physician (Former Employee), Tacoma, WAMarch 30, 2015
Pros: nothing is good about this group unless you like abuse and totalitarianism
Cons: absolutely everything, this is a horrible place to work .
Stay away from this " Health Care System". All of the employees are used as pegs. You would have absolutely no input into your own practice of medicine and you would have all of the liability. They could care less about the physicians or any of the employees. Yes they adjusted the urgent care hours. They are now closing the doors at 730 PM instead of 8 PM because all of the physicians wanted to quit. The administrators with very little education run the roost in this organization and physician engagement is at 9 %.

91 % of the physicians in this organization are unhappy. That should speak volumes. Run away. This is not an organization you want to join unless you went to medical school so you can be in middle management and you want to practice in a dangerous environment where you do not have the tools to take care of your patients.

Many doctors get roped in by their supposed core values. They do not live them. They are a lie
Educational Experience
Medical Assistant (Former Employee), Edison, NJJanuary 20, 2015
I learned a lot about physical therapy and patient care. It was a nice environment to work in.
Great company, needs some overhauling in the manager department!
Patient Transporter (Former Employee), Puyallup,WAJanuary 15, 2015
Pros: great benefits
Cons: managers have no clue how to run our department!
I loved working for this company but there complete lack of disregard for the welfare of there employees has left a sour taste in my mouth!
Loved the patients and my job while there. Moving on to better opportunities!
great benefits, pay and an enjoyable place to work
dietary aide (Former Employee), Puyallup, WADecember 18, 2014
Pros: everything
Cons: advancement, job security
This was a great place to work. The only downside is advancement. Everyone who works there stays there so its hard to get ahead. job security isn't good though. I hated having to leave
ok
WIC Clerk (Former Employee), Tacoma, WADecember 1, 2014
Pros: good family atmosphere
Cons: wage was too low.
good company to work for. Too many barriers to up with the company.
My skills
Administrative Assistant/Receptionist (Former Employee), Puyallup, WAOctober 27, 2014
Pros: fun get togethers for birthday and holidays
Cons: my expectations are high for my self, i always strived for excellence in customer service
A typical day at work started early. I opened each morning, turning on my computer, making sure the lobby was tidy. The Rehab entry was a very busy entrance. I greeted as many as I could while doing my duties. I learned that people always respond to kindness. Rehab was just that. Many of our patients were disabled and needed extensive treatment and many were in pain. I am a team player and felt that we all played an important role in keeping the morale up and extending a co worker help when needed. The hardest part was to see patients struggle to get better. The most enjoyable was to see the ones that did.
Everyone is afraid of management, Information given to staff is always negative. never get a "good Job"
Staff RN (Former Employee), Puyallup, WAOctober 22, 2014
Cons: long hours, incredible nurse patient ratio which decreases the amount of time you can spend with each patient
A cold and Standoffish environment. No support given by management. It's their way or the highway. You walk around feeling like you have a black cloud over you the entire time. So happy not to be working their!!!
Very rewarding working with senior volunteers.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Puyallup, WAAugust 5, 2014
Pros: planning parties and attendng them with volunteer members.'
Cons: when someone passes away.
Great co-workers and we worked as a team and backed each other. We were always cheerful on the job.
Oncology, Medical Surgical RN (Current Employee), Puyallup, WAJuly 22, 2014
Very busy and friendly culture. Long hours. Would work there again.
MHS
Medical Assistant (Current Employee), Sumner, WAJune 5, 2014
Good place to work, but limited to potential growth. Have high expectations for management/leadership, but does not allow for employees to promote and getting over looked.
Very nice company to work for.
CNA/PCT (Current Employee), Tacoma, WAFebruary 1, 2014
Multicare is a very nice company to work for. I have met some good friends, having worked there a number of years. It's very satisfying knowing you have helped so many people through difficult times.
Leader in the healthcare industry
Medical Transcriptionist/Editor (Current Employee), Tacoma, WAJanuary 25, 2014
MultiCare has an excellent reputation for providing quality patient care with a diverse, dedicated, educated, and caring pool of employees throughout and continues to expand and improve. I have always been particularly impressed with Mary Bridge Childrens' Hospital. The atmosphere there is truly wonderful, and the care top notch.
productive, fast paced , accomplishing specialty tasks in a limited time
Food Service Worker 1 (Former Employee), Tacoma, WAJanuary 8, 2014
Pros: good working environment, had supplies that were needed to perform job
Cons: to much uneeded drama, within supervisors and staff
good learning experience, too much drama between supervisiors and workers, liked job, stayed busy and on top of things, always changing
Perinatal Social Work Intern (Current Employee), Tacoma, WADecember 22, 2013
The best part of the job is the people who work for MultiCare.
They were well organized.
Laundry worker (Former Employee), Tacoma, WADecember 14, 2013
Pros: great benifits
Cons: they are a tough group of people and expected a lot out of you.
I first I had some hard time with the people because you had to prove yourself to them, for them to accept you. They were a hard group of women to work with, but once you have proven yourself, which made it easier to fit in. I had a great learning exsperiance here and I enjoyed working with those people.