MultiCare Employee Reviews

Agree with Dr's who hate it
Care Manager (Former Employee) –  severalJanuary 2, 2017
Not a supportive management when trouble hits. If you never get sick, never miss days, never have a patient complain about you (EVERYONE does), never ask for help, never make waves or suggestions, never expect to go home on time, "40 hours is a suggested weekly time frame"(email from current manager there), then you will NEVER have a problem unless you age past 45-50 and are still working there.
Pros
some patient care at expense of staff
Cons
poor management too much middle management, not enough RN staff with dementia patients
Great Place to Work!
Family Nurse Practitioner (Current Employee) –  Arlington, WAJuly 10, 2016
Great company with excellent benefits and supportive management. Learned how to register patients and bill insurance companies as well .This is a convenient care walk-in clinic located in a RiteAid store.
Pros
3.5 day work weeks.
Cons
Work every other weekend.
Great place for job advancement
Clinical Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Tacoma, WAAugust 22, 2016
Many different opportunities in many different fields. Plus they have tuition reimbursement and a culture that fosters leadership development.
Great work environment where everyone is working for a common goal
Cardiovascular Perfusionist (Current Employee) –  Tacoma, WAJanuary 18, 2016
Working at MultiCare Health organization is great. From the CVOR staff to the administration, everyone always seems to have a positive attitude with patient care being our top priority. I am extremely happy to be doing what I do with the team that I work with. The work/life balance is great and I am pleased at how involved MultiCare is in our community.
Pros
great benefits, work/life balance, great area to work in.
Productive fun place to work. Always an opportunity for growth with some autonomy
LPN (Former Employee) –  Tacoma, WANovember 10, 2013
There are three companies in Pierce and Kitsap County I would consider establishing my career. Franciscan, Multicare, and Harrison.

Multicare provided the tools necesary to perform the skills needed per division of specialty.

Co workers and peers enjoyed coming to work and in turn would produce more.

Opportunities and plans included anyone who had an open mind and team oriented to accomplish same goals.

Laughing, singing, and dancing tastefully and tactfully when appropriate.
Pros
Incentives, tuition reimbursement, investment plans, decent medical benefits, child care, financial aid, credit union, and heath care incentives. There were discounts and alot of employee involvement.
Cons
budget cuts or cut in hours because of low census
Multicare was taking over the private dr.s and employing them as their own.
Medical Claims Billing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Tacoma, WAFebruary 28, 2013
I trained and managed the front office. I recieved a Medical Billing Specialist diploma from Bates Technical College and Billed all medical insurances PPO's, HMO's, L&I, Third Party liability, medicare and medicaid, and L&I. Injury Management for L&I claims, patient registration and scheduling.
Pros
great pay and benefits
Cons
long hours and short breaks
see One Health-same facility
General Laboratory Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Madisonville, KYMay 23, 2016
One Health and Multicare are the same facility. Multicare was bought out in 2006 and the name was changed by the organization.
Everyone is afraid of management, Information given to staff is always negative. never get a "good Job"
Staff RN (Former Employee) –  Puyallup, WAOctober 22, 2014
A cold and Standoffish environment. No support given by management. It's their way or the highway. You walk around feeling like you have a black cloud over you the entire time. So happy not to be working their!!!
Cons
Long hours, incredible nurse patient ratio which decreases the amount of time you can spend with each patient
Excellent Patient Care
Medical Receptionist/Surgery Scheduler (Former Employee) –  Auburn, WAApril 23, 2013
This was Internal Medicine Practice with 8 physicians- I would check in patients, verify insurance, schedule patients for gastroscopies/colonoscopies, deal with healthcare insurance approvals,etc. I was very active in extra activities for staff, fundraisers, and benefits. The hardest part of this job was my commute.
Pros
union clinic
Cons
commute
This is the most dysfunctional corporation imaginable
Physician (Former Employee) –  Tacoma, WAMarch 30, 2015
Stay away from this " Health Care System". All of the employees are used as pegs. You would have absolutely no input into your own practice of medicine and you would have all of the liability. They could care less about the physicians or any of the employees. Yes they adjusted the urgent care hours. They are now closing the doors at 730 PM instead of 8 PM because all of the physicians wanted to quit. The administrators with very little education run the roost in this organization and physician engagement is at 9 %.

91 % of the physicians in this organization are unhappy. That should speak volumes. Run away. This is not an organization you want to join unless you went to medical school so you can be in middle management and you want to practice in a dangerous environment where you do not have the tools to take care of your patients.

Many doctors get roped in by their supposed core values. They do not live them. They are a lie
Pros
nothing is good about this group unless you like abuse and totalitarianism
Cons
absolutely everything, this is a horrible place to work .

Want to know more about MultiCare?

Ask a question
Friendly, Productive Atmosphere
Specimen Processor/Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Tacoma,WAAugust 26, 2012
Laid back work environment with knowledgeable staff. The on the job training programs were second to none and allowed for employees to advance their careers if they so desired. Supervisors in the laboratory were generous and respectful; making sure to go the extra mile to make sure their subordinates were happy with organizational policies. Staff from different departments had smooth communication and treated each other like family. A genuine desire to provide world class patient care could be felt by fellow employees and patients, as well.
Multicare was a great company to work for.
The Patient Access Technician (PAT) (Former Employee) –  Tacoma, WAMay 18, 2012
A typical day was very busy, if not there was always something new to learn. I have learned to have compassion for the customer, and provide excellent customer service. The management was very personable and always provided help when needed. I enjoyed my co-workers, we made lots of memories. The hardest part was leaving, and the best part was knowing I was somewhere I was appreciated and a place where I could grow.
Pros
potlucks, holiday parties, coffee dates
Cons
parking
Oncology, Medical Surgical RN (Current Employee) –  Puyallup, WAJuly 22, 2014
Very busy and friendly culture. Long hours. Would work there again.
Great company, needs some overhauling in the manager department!
Patient Transporter (Former Employee) –  Puyallup,WAJanuary 15, 2015
I loved working for this company but there complete lack of disregard for the welfare of there employees has left a sour taste in my mouth!
Loved the patients and my job while there. Moving on to better opportunities!
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Managers have no clue how to run our department!
They were well organized.
Laundry worker (Former Employee) –  Tacoma, WADecember 14, 2013
I first I had some hard time with the people because you had to prove yourself to them, for them to accept you. They were a hard group of women to work with, but once you have proven yourself, which made it easier to fit in. I had a great learning exsperiance here and I enjoyed working with those people.
Pros
Great benifits
Cons
They are a tough group of people and expected a lot out of you.
good pay
Switchboard Operator (Former Employee) –  Tacoma, WAJuly 25, 2015
loved my job at Multicare but transferred to different hospital to be closer to home . Had good co-workers but high turnover rate with management.
A great place to work!
Internship (Former Employee) –  Tacoma, WAMay 14, 2015
A real joy to be an intern there. My managers were fantastic people, very understanding and sensitive to make sure I had valuable work to do, and made sure I was challenged. My responsibilities increased as I demonstrated my capabilities.
The weekly huddles were great opportunities to voice issues and give updates for my work. They got to know me and really listened to me, which didn't happen at previous employments.
For an unpaid internship, it was worth every minute in the experience I gained and the fantastic people I worked with.
Pros
Great people, important work, very fulfilling
great benefits, pay and an enjoyable place to work
dietary aide (Former Employee) –  Puyallup, WADecember 18, 2014
This was a great place to work. The only downside is advancement. Everyone who works there stays there so its hard to get ahead. job security isn't good though. I hated having to leave
Pros
everything
Cons
advancement, job security
Great place to work with amazing people
Medical Receptionist Neurophysiology (Current Employee) –  Neuro Diagnostic ServicesApril 29, 2015
I really love Multicare and it's culture. Everyone is kind and you can feel safe asking questions. It's a great place to work.
a fun loving company
cna/transporter (Current Employee) –  Tacoma, WAOctober 25, 2012
multicare is a beautiful co to work for it has great benifits eyes team work is great the most enjoyable part of this job is meeting all the people
Pros
great
Cons
great

Ask a question about working or interviewing at MultiCare. Our community is ready to answer.