MultiCare Employee Reviews

OK place to work
ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Medford, NYSeptember 20, 2017
It was o.k I never had any issues there. The people were nice co-workers got along The residents were the best part about the job the only thing that I didn't like was you were mandated constantly.
Pros
residents
Cons
mandation
bad management
LPN (Former Employee) –  Covington, WASeptember 15, 2017
bad management, long days, patients care about you as a nurse, white staff, not getting paid for over time done, other nurse in area good to work with as a team
Pros
work mates are good to work with
Cons
no breaks, not getting paid for overtime manager fixing time card to show you didn't work overtime.
Great Company to work for
CareGiver (Current Employee) –  Boise, IDMay 26, 2017
Assisted adults with developmental disabilities to develop and maintain their independent living skills (i.e. meal preparation, cooking safety, hygiene, household tasks), social skills (behavior management), medication management, and financial skills (money management skills, etc.). In home Health Care.
Multicare Overview
LPN (Current Employee) –  Tacoma, WAMarch 21, 2017
Multicare has been good company to work for. There have many changes in healthcare the seventeen years I have worked for them. I have had great learning opportunities, great work environment and talented and knowledgeable coworkers. I have been able to stay engaged and happy.
Pros
friendly team enviornment
Cons
short breaks, frequent sick calls and short staffed
Good Workplace
Radiology Technologist (Former Employee) –  Tacoma, WAMarch 15, 2017
This is a good place to work. It's your typical midsize hospitals Level II and below. The staff all usually work well together and there is not so much drama.
Decent place to work
Registered Nurse, staff (Current Employee) –  Auburn, WAJanuary 27, 2017
I like the population we serve, company has a good philosophy, however management is not that great in some departments. But overall, I don't regret working for this company. I would recommend for a friend.
Pros
opportunity for career growth
Cons
Poor management, sometimes understaffed
Productive place with opportunity to grow.
Housekeeper/Janitor (Current Employee) –  Puyallup, WAJanuary 24, 2017
Work the graveyard shift,as soon as you clock in there is something to do right away, 3rd shift is in charge of the whole hospital we do not have management at the time so is up to us to get the work done, which we do. Sanitizing dirty rooms where patients have been discharge.
Pros
opportunity to grow
Cons
Not enough hours and no benifits
Agree with Dr's who hate it
Care Manager (Former Employee) –  severalJanuary 2, 2017
Not a supportive management when trouble hits. If you never get sick, never miss days, never have a patient complain about you (EVERYONE does), never ask for help, never make waves or suggestions, never expect to go home on time, "40 hours is a suggested weekly time frame"(email from current manager there), then you will NEVER have a problem unless you age past 45-50 and are still working there.
Pros
some patient care at expense of staff
Cons
poor management too much middle management, not enough RN staff with dementia patients
fast pace medical work place
Health Unit Coordinator/Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tacoma, WASeptember 1, 2016
In a typical day I would work along side 10-20 nurses. I would assist the nursing managers and the directer of the Intensive care units. My co- workers were extremely pleasant to work with. The hardest part of the job was encountering families of patients that were on life support. the most enjoyable part of the job was when a patient got to go home from the intensive care.
Pros
great pay
Cons
high turnover
Great place for job advancement
Clinical Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Tacoma, WAAugust 22, 2016
Many different opportunities in many different fields. Plus they have tuition reimbursement and a culture that fosters leadership development.
Great Place to Work!
Family Nurse Practitioner (Current Employee) –  Arlington, WAJuly 10, 2016
Great company with excellent benefits and supportive management. Learned how to register patients and bill insurance companies as well .This is a convenient care walk-in clinic located in a RiteAid store.
Pros
3.5 day work weeks.
Cons
Work every other weekend.
see One Health-same facility
General Laboratory Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Madisonville, KYMay 23, 2016
One Health and Multicare are the same facility. Multicare was bought out in 2006 and the name was changed by the organization.
Great work environment where everyone is working for a common goal
Cardiovascular Perfusionist (Current Employee) –  Tacoma, WAJanuary 18, 2016
Working at MultiCare Health organization is great. From the CVOR staff to the administration, everyone always seems to have a positive attitude with patient care being our top priority. I am extremely happy to be doing what I do with the team that I work with. The work/life balance is great and I am pleased at how involved MultiCare is in our community.
Pros
great benefits, work/life balance, great area to work in.
good pay
Switchboard Operator (Former Employee) –  Tacoma, WAJuly 25, 2015
loved my job at Multicare but transferred to different hospital to be closer to home . Had good co-workers but high turnover rate with management.
Productive and Exciting place to work
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Tacoma, WAJuly 12, 2015
My typical day includes contacting members of the community in a positive manner majority of the time. There are occasions where we have to detain patients in order to keep the hospital staff safe.
A great place to work!
Internship (Former Employee) –  Tacoma, WAMay 14, 2015
A real joy to be an intern there. My managers were fantastic people, very understanding and sensitive to make sure I had valuable work to do, and made sure I was challenged. My responsibilities increased as I demonstrated my capabilities.
The weekly huddles were great opportunities to voice issues and give updates for my work. They got to know me and really listened to me, which didn't happen at previous employments.
For an unpaid internship, it was worth every minute in the experience I gained and the fantastic people I worked with.
Pros
Great people, important work, very fulfilling
Great place to work with amazing people
Medical Receptionist Neurophysiology (Current Employee) –  Neuro Diagnostic ServicesApril 29, 2015
I really love Multicare and it's culture. Everyone is kind and you can feel safe asking questions. It's a great place to work.
fun place to work
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Covington, WAApril 15, 2015
rooming patients, obtaining vitals, administering immunizations, educating patients, changing wounds, scheduling patients and assisting with procedures.
I worked Per Diem for Multicare.
Cardiac Sonographer (Former Employee) –  Tacoma, WAApril 9, 2015
As a company, MultiCare is very good to work for. I worked Per Diem for them so my day to day experience was limited. I was on call for weekends and that was good.
This is the most dysfunctional corporation imaginable
Physician (Former Employee) –  Tacoma, WAMarch 30, 2015
Stay away from this " Health Care System". All of the employees are used as pegs. You would have absolutely no input into your own practice of medicine and you would have all of the liability. They could care less about the physicians or any of the employees. Yes they adjusted the urgent care hours. They are now closing the doors at 730 PM instead of 8 PM because all of the physicians wanted to quit. The administrators with very little education run the roost in this organization and physician engagement is at 9 %.

91 % of the physicians in this organization are unhappy. That should speak volumes. Run away. This is not an organization you want to join unless you went to medical school so you can be in middle management and you want to practice in a dangerous environment where you do not have the tools to take care of your patients.

Many doctors get roped in by their supposed core values. They do not live them. They are a lie
Pros
nothing is good about this group unless you like abuse and totalitarianism
Cons
absolutely everything, this is a horrible place to work .