Multiplan Employee Reviews

friendly, challenging, fun place to work
Claims Repricer (Former Employee) –  Brookfield, WIOctober 27, 2017
Repetitive
medical/claims
management-good
quiet, friendly, easygoing
to have steady flow of workload
learning medical/terminology codes and data entry
Place of work and fun
Negotiation Services Representative I (Current Employee) –  Arlington, TXOctober 26, 2017
Multiplan supports its employees with many activities to help many the work place fun. They have a Christmas party every year with prize give away. They offer summer hours to allow employees to leave work two hours early on Fridays during the summer months. Throughout the rest of the year, employees can work compressed hours allowing them to work the two hours they leave early up during the week. Each team has a quarterly lunch-in to help boost team morale
Pros
Lunch-ins, parties
Cons
lack of advancement opportunities
High Stress job with a very Poor Manager
EDI Analyst II/Project Lead (Former Employee) –  Waltham, MAOctober 2, 2017
I initially liked my first Year and a half there as I was given autonomy to do the work as I saw fit, and completed my projects ahead of time. When I was moved to the core business, my Manager was way too hands on and didn't like being questioned or challenged in any way-which caused problems between us. Manager was a tyrant and I had to speak up, because none else would.
Pros
Interesting work, and lots of it.
Cons
Long frustrating commute, management
Productive and professional team.
Customer Service Manager (CSM) (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTSeptember 19, 2017
A good organization whom provides stability to its team members. All employees are treated with respect and fairness. Team building environment is strong.
Contract position
Consultant (Former Employee) –  Waltham, MASeptember 14, 2017
I arrived at Muliplan after a time of upheaval. The company was bought out and the restructuring was happening. this caused the work environment to be very stressful. I worked on the Human Resources system, loading the bonus payout and doing reporting and back up for payroll run. Plus trying to combine both the payroll information from the old company to the new. The people there were very nice and hard working. In all I wasn't a bad place to work
Pros
People
Cons
Change in upper management
Great overall company!
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Bedford, MAAugust 22, 2017
MPI is a great overall company. The benefits are amazing (compensation, PTO, holidays, summer hours, and profit sharing). Ability to work from home over 50% of the time. Senior management has a great grasp on reality, very involved. Not a lot of room for advancement.
Pros
Work from Home, profit sharing
Cons
no room for advancement
Multi-task area
Receptionist/Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXJuly 26, 2017
Working for Multiplan couldn't get any better, everyday was a new day, new tasks to learn, new work flow, new employees to get to know but everyday was good.
Aweful medium and upper management
Java Developer (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 6, 2017
My work experience is not so outstanding. There was no chance of growth, no scope of thinking out of the box, very irrational lead and management and so as HR. Nothing challenging would have been given in work stretch. Management like yes person.
Pros
Good heal care
Cons
Aweful management
Benefits are awesome
Key Account Representative (Former Employee) –  De Pere, WIJune 5, 2017
Summer hours - we get to leave 2 hours early from memorial day to labor day on fridays with pay. Health insurance is great. Opportunity to move up is very limited. Management does not have your back.
Overall good place to work
Credentialing Analyst (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNJune 5, 2017
Overall decent place to work. Fair pay and benefits. Fair work/life balance.

Basic communication between middle and upper management needs improvement. No opportunities for advancement.
Pros
Casual, laid back
Cons
Lack of communication and organization
Experience
Service Operations Representative (Former Employee) –  Waltham, MAMay 23, 2017
Just like any other company, Multiplan has its ups and downs. It was great working there until the management changed. When having someone try to show who's boss is not a healthy environment. All in all, the experience was fine.
Great Place to Work
Director of Application Development (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXFebruary 20, 2017
I thoroughly enjoyed working here at Multiplan. The people who were on my team were very polite and worked together to meet out deadlines. Had I not been laid off, I would still be working there.
Pros
Relaxed atmosphere
Cons
Managers need to develop their employees better
Claims Support Representative (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXJanuary 10, 2017
Company great.. Employees great. Environment great
They provide quarterly bonuses and and yearly bonus. Enjoyed helping providers and pharmacy techs with fee negotiations..
MultiPlan -- a good place to work
National Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Bedford, MADecember 2, 2016
MultiPlan is a good place to work. I was a legacy PHCS employee in the account management area and was kept on when MultiPlan purchased PHCS in 2006.

The company is in a constant process of purchasing additional companies to expand its own line of services. Multiplan is not interested in being just a health care network, but wants to provide integrated solutions to cut health care costs for all of its clients.

The Account Manager position I was in evolved from being solely aimed at keeping clients happy to keeping them happy and bringing in more business. Fair enough.

I left as part of a reorganization of the Account Management and Sales department.
Pros
Great staff
Cons
None really, except be ready for constant change.
great place to work but some fatal downfalls
Service support Associate (Former Employee) –  Lake Forest, CANovember 14, 2016
The work environment was great, always quiet and mostly everyone was there to help when you needed it. the major downfall here is that there is very little room to move up in the company and there are employees who are very nepotistic making it harder to move up.
Pros
little to no supervision, great pay
Cons
short breaks, undercut you by hiring you as temp which means no benefits
Financially stable company with unprofessional mid management
Analyst II (Former Employee) –  Naperville, ILNovember 11, 2016
Company is good, benefits are good. but mid management is hard to deal with. Very unprofessional way of communicating and dealing with employees.
Pros
Summer hour on every friday.
Cons
People are very unprofessional, Managers are bosses not leaders, they work by intimidating employees and putting others down
Great Work/Life balance, The benefits were fantastic and I enjoyed those that I had to work with.
Claims Specialist and Intake Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Naperville, ILOctober 25, 2016
Really enjoyed working for MultiPlan. Advancement was difficult due to the fact that the Viant, the original company that I was hire at originally was sold to MultiPlan so there was a lot of redundancy in staff and departments. Lay-offs were happening every week.
Pros
Awesome benefits.
Relaxed Workplace
Billing Issue Resolution Specialist (Former Employee) –  Bedford, MAOctober 14, 2016
The majority of the work is individual, but the workplace is a collaborative environment in which everyone helps each other with questions, as well as sometimes working together on group projects. The most enjoyable part of the job is customer service, and resolving billing issues for providers and clients.
Pros
Flexible schedules
Fast paced environment with great staff
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  IllinoisOctober 12, 2016
This is a great company to work for. After over 10 years of service and many changes, they still put their clients first! Each department worked very hard to keep the other departments informed of changes.
Pros
Fast pasted and always something to learn
Cons
Non to speak of
Tattle tale snitches.. No good company moral. You willl hate it
Claims Negotiator Service (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXSeptember 30, 2016
Use this job to keep you held over at 14$ an hour until you find another one. The micromanaging and ever lasting changing dress code with messy employees will drive you away less than a yr
Pros
Not require alot in your job
Cons
They find a new rule every day to something..