MULTIPLE SCLEROSIS FOUNDATION Employee Reviews in United States

See reviews about:
Work-Life BalancePay & BenefitsJob Security & AdvancementManagementCulture
Great Place to work but no room for advancement
Mailroom Coordinator / IT Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLApril 15, 2016
A typical work day included: Processing daily pledge files from our call center, getting them ready to be printed and folded to be sent to the Main Post Office.

This was done using mail processing software by Pitney Bowes called Smart Mailer, and then printed out on a high speed printer, then put into a inserting machine to be folded and sealed.

The best part of the job was caring people and flex time to use for personal reasons.

Also Facilities management including: minor building maintenance, and maintaining off site storage unit and keeping inventory for that unit.
Pros
Employees have flex time to use at will, and they encourage and assist in furthering your education
Cons
Not much hope for a pay increase
A great organization to be a part of
Third Party Event Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Ft. Lauderdale, FLFebruary 29, 2016
MSF was a pleasure to partner with for such a great cause. It is truly a great effort being put forth by all who work there. To see those who suffer gain awareness and help by so many who are dedicated to making a difference made each day with them a gift to be a part of.
Donations for a good cause
Call Center - Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLJune 1, 2015
Challenging but rewarding. We began each day with a good motivation meeting and on we went...This was a temporary part-time job, but the days went fast,
Pros
Co-workers and management got along well
Cons
It was sometimes the luck of the draw to meet your quota
slow and boring, very repetitive but it made it worth it knowing I was helping someone with MS get help and support if needed.
Fundraiser (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLJanuary 30, 2015
Working at MSF gave me insight to all the good people that are really out their and wanted to help contribute to our cause. A typical day would be sitting answering calls and informing people all over the US of our cause and need for donations. Most of my co- workers were fun and friendly, the job was really laid back and could get very boring at times. I did learn allot about multiple sclerosis and how it affect's the body. I also learned information on the many different programs out there that can give assistance to people who need it. The hardest part of my job is when people would get really nasty on the phone and also the lack of brain power needed to perform. I did however enjoy getting donations knowing it would help someone and I also enjoyed the company of other employees.
Pros
fun environment and emplyees
Cons
did not require much brain power
A true win-win job helping others while getting paid
Weekend Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLJanuary 31, 2013
Work is a fast paced enviroment. I am a part of management so therefore, I am very hands on with the agents. The most enjoyable part of my job is meeting such different types of people and collecting their wisdom.
Pros
paid 45 minute lunch
Fund raising for those afflicted with MS
Fund Raiser (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLAugust 1, 2013
Cold calling over 45 prospects per hour. We changed systems which have taken months to implement. Still having system problems.
Fun place to work as you get to interact with patients on a daily basis.
Assistive Technology Coordinator/Case Worker (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLAugust 21, 2012
A typical day at work was straight multi-tasking, from answering the toll free helpline, to processing an average of 15 files per day to include calling other non-profit organizations to partner with us on different projects, such as building ramps, getting contractors to make bathroom accessible/widening door or hall ways, comparing prices of materials/equipment, getting contractors' rate, writing reports, creating data entry and most importantly, listening to the patients or loved ones who called in for help or just to chit-chat etc.

I have learned how to manage my time more effectively, to solve problems immediately, be more compassionate, be a better communicator/listener, manage an annual budget, and make decisions for two case workers and myself on different projects immediately.

Some of my co-workers were motivated and willing to work and I got along well with them. The hardest part of my job was not getting the funds on time from other partnering organizations and this would delay us helping a patient who was in dying need. The most enjoyable time on my job was when I was able to make a patient smile/laugh at the end of our conversation when our initial contact was an expression of crying and not being able to express themselves and to hear a patient say thank you after receiving help either in tears of joy or mere laughter.
Pros
the opportunity to travel and meet the patients and their families
Cons
we had a team of co-workers that would walk on our 15-minute breaks

Want to know more about MULTIPLE SCLEROSIS FOUNDATION?

Ask a question