MULTIPLE SCLEROSIS FOUNDATION

MULTIPLE SCLEROSIS FOUNDATION Employer Reviews

A true win-win job helping others while getting paid
Weekend Supervisor (Current Employee), Fort Lauderdale, FLJanuary 31, 2013
Pros: paid 45 minute lunch
Work is a fast paced enviroment. I am a part of management so therefore, I am very hands on with the agents. The most enjoyable part of my job is meeting such different types of people and collecting their wisdom.
Fun place to work as you get to interact with patients on a daily basis.
Assistive Technology Coordinator/Case Worker (Former Employee), Fort Lauderdale, FLAugust 21, 2012
Pros: the opportunity to travel and meet the patients and their families
Cons: we had a team of co-workers that would walk on our 15-minute breaks
A typical day at work was straight multi-tasking, from answering the toll free helpline, to processing an average of 15 files per day to include calling other non-profit organizations to partner with us on different projects, such as building ramps, getting contractors to make bathroom accessible/widening door or hall ways, comparing prices of materials/equipment, – more... getting contractors' rate, writing reports, creating data entry and most importantly, listening to the patients or loved ones who called in for help or just to chit-chat etc.

I have learned how to manage my time more effectively, to solve problems immediately, be more compassionate, be a better communicator/listener, manage an annual budget, and make decisions for two case workers and myself on different projects immediately.

Some of my co-workers were motivated and willing to work and I got along well with them. The hardest part of my job was not getting the funds on time from other partnering organizations and this would delay us helping a patient who was in dying need. The most enjoyable time on my job was when I was able to make a patient smile/laugh at the end of our conversation when our initial contact was an expression of crying and not being able to express themselves and to hear a patient say thank you after receiving help either in tears of joy or mere laughter. – less

MULTIPLE SCLEROSIS FOUNDATION Photos