Multivision Employee Reviews

Not Sure what to say about Multivision
Contractor (Current Employee) –  Fairfax, VAAugust 17, 2015
We were housed in very, very modest apartments during training. Modest is making it sound nice I think. Chairs were broken, handles were broken, there were some bugs from time to time. Nevertheless, it wasn't too bad. Some had better experiences than others.

Unfortunately everyone on my team was laid off after being promised 1 year contract after training. This was really unforeseeable for Multivision, nevertheless, it affected all of us. We spent a lot of time in training just to find out we still have to look for jobs. The training was ok. I feel like a lot of time was wasted listening to lectures instead of doing practical work programming. The training could have been cut in half with more time coding rather than simply listening to an instructor. Many of us feel that the training should be revamped.

The trainers are nice. They are real people and they seem to be honest. Many of them have become our friends. They empathize with our experience and some of them had gone through the same process as we did.

I hear that the way this typically works is much better than our experience. Perhaps you will have a better experience than we had.

Regarding benefits, you don't get a lot of time off. With the company I worked for, they had so many holidays we were losing pay because we did not accrue enough time to keep up. Not to mention that we were laid off not long after arriving of no fault of our own.

WATCH OUT FOR THE RECRUITERS! They overstate their claims. They make promises they can't keep. You don't get any certifications when going through their training. Several
  more... of us were told we would end up with certifications when we finished training. That is not true.

The people have been reasonable otherwise in trying to meet our needs.
Pros
The people seem nice. They help you become acquainted with the lastest technology
Cons
Poorly executed, Beware of Recruiters who will tell you anything to get you to come, Benefits could be better.
Nice Front, Deceitful Interior
Associate (Former Employee) –  Fairfax, VANovember 18, 2014
The pros to the job are the coworkers and professionalism they show at the first couple of weeks in. The training they provide is actually legit, and they go over not only the code but ways you should interview and how you should dress and act.

The problems start to come up when they bring out what they hide from the trainees for the first 4 weeks, and make no mention of in the initial interviews, is that their whole contracting bit is a scam they enforce on their employees.

They require that you put extra years of working experience that you've never done (4 or 2 depending on route) and projects you never really did onto the resume they want to put out on you. If you refuse, you'll be out the door soon after one way or the other.

If lying on your resume is your thing, the training they do for the trainees is excellent enough that you can get by and go onto to work for the companies they contact (with that anvil over your head of course). Thing is, they will specifically try to hide this as you move out to work with them.

Beyond that, beware the contracts they'll try to give you. They use a lot of strong arm tactics to get you to screw yourself over if you decide not to compromise on the lying.
Pros
great training, they do what they promise when it comes to jobs
Cons
they lie and are ruthless about keeping to that lie, their tactics
If you want a job in IT, this is where you go
Software Developer (Current Employee) –  Alexandria, VAMay 29, 2015
Got a call from a Recruiter who explained about their Intern program. The good thing with this company is that after you complete their Intern (which is actually a technology training in J2EE, .NET), you are absorbed as an employee of the company. For a College Grad like me, this is cool especially with the pay and benefits you offer. I have seen my friends working in low level & low paying positions as clerks and am glad that I took the decision to join Multivision.
Pros
In depth technical training, on the job support, good pay structure, friendly and positive environment, helpful people
Cons
No 401K plan
great people to work with
Art Director (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, MASeptember 30, 2014
a fun, creative, environment to work in. A great group of people to work with.

Want to know more about Multivision?

Ask a question