Multnomah County

Multnomah County Employee Reviews

Everyone was very friendly
Eligibility Specialist (Former Employee), Portland, ORJuly 21, 2014
Pros: understanding the process
Cons: i think the most difficult part of the job is the applying process.
I found my position in the corrections facilities very informative, I have never worked with the inmate population.
Productive, and fun position as a media specialist
County Human Services Intern (Former Employee), 501 SE Hawthorne Blvd Portland, ORJuly 1, 2014
Pros: great hours
Cons: job was only for summer
As a media specialist, I was an assistant to the manager of the diversity and equity department. Taking meeting notes and going to all events that had anything to do with our department. Management was great I loved going to work and I got along with all my co- workers. My job had no hard tasks the most enjoyable part of this job was being able to get out of the office everyday socialize.
I have loved all my time here.
Office Assistant I (Current Employee), Gresham, ORJanuary 6, 2014
This job was a great learning experience, I would love to work here more permanently and full time, but my position is only temporary, otherwise I would love to work here forever.
Comfy Environment
Data Entry Processor (Former Employee), portland, orJanuary 2, 2014
Pros: comfy environment and awesome co-workers
Cons: bad boss
The job was mainly sitting infront of a computer daily renaming files for the county.
making a difference in the community
Finance Specialist-Weatherization DCHS (Current Employee), Portland, ORSeptember 9, 2013
Pros: benefits, making a difference in the community for low income clients
Cons: commute was long
A good place to work. Some political issues I didn't care for but job security was good and advancement was always a potential if you did a good job.
Great until cutbacks, then working 3-jobs and deadlines deceased unrealistically
Medical Billing & Coding/Data Analyst (Former Employee), Portland, ORSeptember 5, 2013
only medical biller and coder in entire Multnomah County; extremely busy, added responsibilities for 3-other departments plus my own.

loved working for Director of Quality Management, learned a great deal about being a Data Base Beta Test Designer & Developer.
nice people to work with
Floor supervisor (Former Employee), Portland, ORAugust 29, 2013
everyone there was super nice.they had a nice environment the warehouse was kind of small but helping with voting made me feel good.
diverse workforce providing services to under served populations
Mental Health Consultant (Team Lead) (Current Employee), Portland, ORMay 22, 2013
Pros: diverse workforce
Cons: challenging population
Dynamic team provides mental health services to school aged youth in school-based health clinic settings. Provide individual and family therapy as well as consultation to clinic medical staff and school.
Government work
Records Technician (Former Employee), Portland, ORApril 5, 2013
Pros: once you are in...
Cons: portland
Nothing new here... better than some... Top heavy management, footsoldiers on the bottom alternatively overworked in some positions or underworked/under skilled//bored in others.
hard job
Clinical Medical Assistant (Current Employee), Portland, ORSeptember 14, 2012
Pros: good pay and benefits
Cons: short lunch, lots of patients and very busy
very hard job, Culture is very hard to deal with. every year it seems to change the job. they ask you to work so much and then you are not working hard enough
I enjoyed my time working for Multnomah County. The people there are always willing to help you, and the County offers you continuous training.
Property Tax Appraiser (Former Employee), Portland OR 97214April 30, 2012
Pros: you get to meet all kinds of people
Cons: telling people you owe more taxes
Generally, you started your day reviewing depreciation statements or reviewing appraisal reports followed up with discussing your findings with taxpayers or management.

What I learn the most was the ability to locate information relating to the project I was currently working on.

Management was great. The were willing to help and assist you and offer advice.

My co-workers were also great to work with. It was enjoyable to see them each day.

The hardest part of the job was telling taxpayers they owed more in taxes. Sometimes, the taxpayers were are very pleased with your findings so you had to be diplomatic in how you presented the findings.

The some enjoyable part of the job was all the diverse industries I was given the opportunity to learn about from making coffee to recycling tires.