Multnomah County Employee Reviews

Wonderful internship experience
Therapist Intern (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORSeptember 8, 2016
Very supportive learning environment. All the people there were very supportive and eager to teach. Lots of cross training with staff from different departments, very eye-opening experience.
Easy flexible job
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORMarch 28, 2016
I was an in house caregiver, hours were flexible and we went on outings a lot. I was able to do errands as I needed to as well.
Pros
Lots of free time
Cons
No benefits and 40 hours a month
benefits great
Dental assistant (Current Employee) –  Portland, OROctober 28, 2015
the job talks about diversity but it don't practice it also advancement in this company is hard to especially if your black, they say they like to hire within but every time a job come up they have a way to go around the union and hire from the outside if they don't like who applied for the position within the company.the management has no experience in the field and knows nothing about how to be a good supervisor.the hardest part of the job is the hours and the most enjoyable is the co workers. they talk about family life but don't really care about that.
benefits
Cons
hours no family life no support from managment
Good organization with good benefits
RECORDS TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  Portland OregonAugust 5, 2015
I enjoyed the actual work and most of the people. Employees tend to get away with more than they should. Some work very hard and some not-so-hard. Overall, it is a good job with decent pay.
Productive and fun place with amazing individuals
Financial Specialist (Current Employee) –  Portland, ORAugust 4, 2015
On a typical day, I process direct and contractual invoices from three different departments for Multnomah County and on top of that I process employee travel mileage reports and reimbursements. I have gain a stronger grasp of SAP and got familiar on how to navigate through it. The hardest part of my job is during the end of the week when everyone has to stagger to process invoices on time since checks are sent out the following week. However, I enjoy being independently working at my own pace and my co-workers are amazing.
Pros
Friendly co-worker atmosphere
Great Place to work
Road Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Gresham, ORAugust 3, 2015
I got to meet and work with a lot of nice people who made sure that I knew exactly what I was doing they made my work days go by so fast training and teaching me everything I needed to know. Those guys really work hard and deserve more respect for what they do.
Pros
Hard work
Cons
Long days in the heat and cold
Educational and efficiant work place
Taxaion clerk (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORJuly 21, 2015
Great Management team, who laid out the daily plan, and we executed it in a safe and timely manor. Friendly co-workers, and great opportunity to learn new fields.
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
PROPERTY APPRAISER 2 (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORJune 27, 2015
Has been the best job I have ever had. I was able to progress through many different positions. The leadership was always very supportive.
Multnomah County
Senior Business Systems Analyst (Current Employee) –  Portland, ORJanuary 16, 2015
Reasonable compensation and benefits, but this is an organization without management accountability and questionable system practices.
Everyone was very friendly
Eligibility Specialist (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORJuly 21, 2014
I found my position in the corrections facilities very informative, I have never worked with the inmate population.
Pros
understanding the process
Cons
i think the most difficult part of the job is the applying process.
Productive, and fun position as a media specialist
County Human Services Intern (Former Employee) –  501 SE Hawthorne Blvd Portland, ORJuly 1, 2014
As a media specialist, I was an assistant to the manager of the diversity and equity department. Taking meeting notes and going to all events that had anything to do with our department. Management was great I loved going to work and I got along with all my co- workers. My job had no hard tasks the most enjoyable part of this job was being able to get out of the office everyday socialize.
Pros
great hours
Cons
job was only for summer
I have loved all my time here.
Office Assistant I (Current Employee) –  Gresham, ORJanuary 6, 2014
This job was a great learning experience, I would love to work here more permanently and full time, but my position is only temporary, otherwise I would love to work here forever.
Comfy Environment
Data Entry Processor (Former Employee) –  portland, orJanuary 2, 2014
The job was mainly sitting infront of a computer daily renaming files for the county.
Pros
comfy environment and awesome co-workers
Cons
bad boss
making a difference in the community
Finance Specialist-Weatherization DCHS (Current Employee) –  Portland, ORSeptember 9, 2013
A good place to work. Some political issues I didn't care for but job security was good and advancement was always a potential if you did a good job.
Pros
benefits, making a difference in the community for low income clients
Cons
commute was long
Great until cutbacks, then working 3-jobs and deadlines deceased unrealistically
Medical Billing & Coding/Data Analyst (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORSeptember 5, 2013
only medical biller and coder in entire Multnomah County; extremely busy, added responsibilities for 3-other departments plus my own.

loved working for Director of Quality Management, learned a great deal about being a Data Base Beta Test Designer & Developer.
nice people to work with
Floor supervisor (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORAugust 29, 2013
everyone there was super nice.they had a nice environment the warehouse was kind of small but helping with voting made me feel good.
diverse workforce providing services to under served populations
Mental Health Consultant (Team Lead) (Current Employee) –  Portland, ORMay 22, 2013
Dynamic team provides mental health services to school aged youth in school-based health clinic settings. Provide individual and family therapy as well as consultation to clinic medical staff and school.
Pros
diverse workforce
Cons
challenging population
Government work
Records Technician (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORApril 5, 2013
Nothing new here... better than some... Top heavy management, footsoldiers on the bottom alternatively overworked in some positions or underworked/under skilled//bored in others.
Pros
once you are in...
Cons
portland
hard job
Clinical Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Portland, ORSeptember 14, 2012
very hard job, Culture is very hard to deal with. every year it seems to change the job. they ask you to work so much and then you are not working hard enough
Pros
good pay and benefits
Cons
short lunch, lots of patients and very busy
I enjoyed my time working for Multnomah County. The people there are always willing to help you, and the County offers you continuous training.
Property Tax Appraiser (Former Employee) –  Portland OR 97214April 30, 2012
Generally, you started your day reviewing depreciation statements or reviewing appraisal reports followed up with discussing your findings with taxpayers or management.

What I learn the most was the ability to locate information relating to the project I was currently working on.

Management was great. The were willing to help and assist you and offer advice.

My co-workers were also great to work with. It was enjoyable to see them each day.

The hardest part of the job was telling taxpayers they owed more in taxes. Sometimes, the taxpayers were are very pleased with your findings so you had to be diplomatic in how you presented the findings.

The some enjoyable part of the job was all the diverse industries I was given the opportunity to learn about from making coffee to recycling tires.
Pros
you get to meet all kinds of people
Cons
telling people you owe more taxes

Multnomah County Reviews by Location