Munich Re Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
Tough Place to be Successful
Talent Acquisition Manager (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMarch 30, 2016
Actuarial dominated company---good for business, very bad for corporate culture. This festers into operations and HR and promotes a finger pointing and zero accountability. HR function lacks leadership, integrity, and vision. You can do better than Munich Re (MARC), I encourage you to do so.
Awesome environment!
Marketing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 8, 2015
Challenged by many new softwares, staff and cultures. Working for German based company with daily interaction with our North American offices in Toronto, Chicago & Princeton has allowed me to expand on my administrative experience and creative ability. I was unfamiliar with the Reinsurance industry and have acquired many new skills since employment.
Work from home at your own pace
Inspection Specialist (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CA (Work from home)August 4, 2015
The great thing about this job is that you get to manage yourself. You schedule your client visit, take care of your own travel arrangement, set your own hours, and travel to various locations within your area of responsibility
Pros
You get to manage yourself, the benefits are fantastic, and you get to work from home.
Cons
You don't get a formal initial hire orientation that can answers questions about the company
Productive and exciting place to work, with lots of smart actuaries.
Manager, Quality Control (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 19, 2014
Reviewing reinsurance contracts and "re-calculating" the premiums and ceded amounts received.

Testing internal controls to ensure procedures are being used.

Worked to improve processes.
Pros
Good learning environment.