Municipality of Anchorage Employee Reviews

Great Team work by all involved.
Precinct Registrar Worker (Former Employee), Anchorage, AKJuly 14, 2015
Pros: Meeting people; people in our District sees us working each year.
Cons: Long day; long hour sitting; need to get up and pick up garbage or something.
Everyone does their best to get the process of voting to go smoothly; and tries to all work together for a great day of assisting voters with their voting process.
Recruited over 700 elections workers and 122 pollinhg places
Elections Recruiter (Former Employee), 632 W 6th Ave, Anchorage AlaskaJune 8, 2015
Pros: Busy all day every day.
Cons: Having to call and get things scheduled such as training and pick-up.
My job was to recruit and hire over 700 election workers for the Municipality of Anchorage elections. I also contracted with 122 precinct polling places. Another facet of my job was to send recruitment – more... letters indicating the available training times. All workers were to call me and schedule. If I didn't hear from someone I was tasked with calling and scheduling them. I also scheduled all the precinct Chairs for their supply pick up times.

The hardest part of the job was doing all these tasks simultaneously, both on the phone and in person. Them most enjoyable part of the job was working with all the different people and seeing to their individual needs as well as that of their precinct. – less
Enjoyed all all aspects of my job...
Sports Programs Coordinator (Former Employee), Anchorage, AKApril 24, 2015
Great place to work, relished the interaction of not only athletes, competitors, users and fellow employees. Job was eventually outsourced to private groups to help save the municipality budget.
Great Job for Summer
Gardener I (Former Employee), Anchorage, AKApril 16, 2015
Pros: BBQ, cool crews, 10hr shifts, 3 day weekends
Cons: Season wasn't very long, ground freezing or early Autumns
The Municipality of Anchorage Parks and Recreation Department took very good care of their Employees, worked 4 days for 10 hours giving us 3 day weekends during the Summer. Hard working and great Crew – more... Leaders whom knew not only the job but the Plants being worked with, ones not being worked with and even showed invasive species and sicknesses. Early mornings woke you up and got you moving and once the flowers were in the Municipal Beds, the only sad part of the job is the Season isn't as long as one would hope. – less
Great
Clerk (Former Employee), AnchorageMarch 23, 2015
Lots of word processing, filing, engagement with public and other employees. Training in general govt was hard to get, due to available funds. Awesome benefits.
Enjoyable workplace.
Payroll Clerk (Former Employee), Anchorage, AKSeptember 19, 2014
Pros: great environment and team relationship
Cons: no feeling of a finished job. never-ending repitition.
I worked in an office environment but always felt like I contributed to the whole picture and not just another pencil-pusher. My coworkers were also friends and we usually had a lot of fun at work and – more... out of the office. The hardest part of the job was the feeling that the work was never finished... by the time we were done with one pay period, another was upon us. The best part of this job was working with my friends and being productive. – less
Good place to work. Nice co-workers
Equipment Service Technician (Former Employee), Anchorage, AKMay 1, 2014
Pros: good
Cons: long work hours some times
Morning group meetings just to say hello to everyone coming off long weekend. Co-workers had good working attitudes. Everyone looked out for each other. Hard part of day was dealing with inclement weather conditions. Had great get togethers.
Dynamic organization that serves the people of Anchorage Bourrough with support services
Employment Specialist (Former Employee), Anchorage, AKSeptember 25, 2013
Pros: putting people in great careers.
Cons: too much computer work. it became almost like a data entry position.
The majority of my day was on the computer in People Soft screening applications. Forwarded selected candidates to Department Managers for review and interview. Accomplished hires (notification, hire paper – more... work, gathered credentials, arranged in-processing).

Having just left the Air Force I learned the civilian staffing process and governing regulations and Federal and state laws.

The hardest part of the job was being on the computer almost the entire day rather than interfacing more in person with candidates.

The most enjoyable part of the job was to selecting great employees and seeing them so happy to have landed a good job. – less
Good Benefits
Dept. of Child Care Assistant (Former Employee), Anchorage, AlaskaApril 29, 2013
Pros: 9/80's
Cons: difficult to advance in the department
Fun to work, co-workers are nice.
Fast-paced, Chanllenging, Multi-National
Nice office
Non-productive, Not Public Health
Registered Nurse (Current Employee), Anchorage, AlaskaApril 16, 2013
Pros: location
Cons: poor work enviroment
negative enviroment, no support for your license, no raises,
Working for People Mover was a very rewarding job.
Transit Operator (Former Employee), Anchorage, AKFebruary 10, 2013
Pros: the most enjoyable part of the job was knowing that i was helping people by serving them.
Cons: the hardest part was dealing with customers determined to ruin my day.
A typical day as a People Mover bus driver started by acquiring
any important information affecting my driving duties such as
detours, accident, or police/troopers alerts.

After performing a ten-minute – more... pre-trip inspection. I'd drive the
bus to one of several locations to start my shift transporting
customers to and from downtown on several fixed routes throughout
Anchorage.

In addition to learning the technical aspects of becoming a better
driver, I learned the art of better customer service.

The management at People Mover, wheather in operations,
customer service, or maintenance were all top notch. They were
the right people in the right place at the right time.

Working with others who enjoyed serving the public was nice. – less
Productive and rewarding
Legislative Aide (Former Employee), Anchorage, AKJanuary 28, 2013
A typical day:

-Relaying constituent concerns
-Research
-Public speaking
great job
Parks Caretaker (Former Employee), Anchorage, AKJanuary 27, 2013
good job, 10 hour days 3 days off. good schedule. nice co workers. working outside is amazing.
Could improve
Senior Patrol Officer (Current Employee), Anchorage, AKAugust 14, 2012
Pros: health benefits
Cons: no promotional opportunities
Investigate and document incidents around he community that may require legal action. Respond to calls for service and assist community members that may be in crisis or require assistance. Being able to help and leave citizens with a desirable outcome is most rewarding.
Review
Records Supervisor (Current Employee), United StatesAugust 7, 2012
Anchorage is a great city to live and work if you love the outdoors and record snowfalls. The most enjoyable part of the job was the people here who I work with.