Munroe Regional Medical Center Employee Reviews

Love the people I work with
CT Tech (Current Employee) –  Ocala, FloridaMay 9, 2017
I love all the people I have met while working here at Munroe. Many people are willing to take the extra time to make you feel welcome. I have been working there for seven years and have always felt secure in my position.
Pros
Payroll deductions for cafeteria and uniforms.
Great!
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Ocala, FLMay 7, 2017
Loved it here! It was always fun and easy. They always has little parties with food and fun games. The clients and my coworkers were also very nice!!!
Great Workplace
Cardiovascular Technologist (Former Employee) –  Ocala, FLMay 4, 2017
Munroe Regional Medical Center is a fantastic place to work for. The hospital itself is very nice from the moment you walk through the doors. The staff at Munroe are all friendly and seem eager to help you.
Company not the same since it changed to for profit
Patient Account Representative (Current Employee) –  Ocala, FLApril 26, 2017
Management has changed and the company is not the same. The one good benefit they do provide is if you use the hospital, they write your bill off. They need to boost moral
Previous post about facility left and came back
Registered Certified Pharm Tech 3 (Former Employee) –  Ocala, FLMarch 5, 2017
I already left a review on this hospital as it was such a good hospital that I left and came back. The pay scale could have been adjusted higher though.
This was a co-op job
Medical Transcriptionist (Former Employee) –  Ocala, FLFebruary 22, 2017
This job was volunteer for me as part of the co-op class I had to take in college. My supervisor was very good about letting me know what I needed to work on to increase my knowledge.
Pros
Part time
Wow
Respiratory Therapist III (Current Employee) –  Ocala, FLFebruary 18, 2017
Assigned more work then you should get. Fosters stacking treatments. Only place I worked where you are assigned the ED and an entire floor of hospital.
stressful and busy
Registered Nurse/Charge Nurse (Former Employee) –  Ocala, FLFebruary 8, 2017
caring for 6-8 patients, staff assignments, IV insertions, charge nurse duties. willing to listen. trying to balance and accomplished all assigned duties. working with the patients, educating patients and families. Manager and Director were GREAT.
Pros
staff were like family
Cons
nursing shortage
Productive and experience
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  FloridaFebruary 3, 2017
Do it for the experience, staff is hard working, expect schedule changes and somewhat overtime.
Definitely worth getting your first hand experience if your willing
Nice place to work -- great benefits
Dept Secretary and Ins Verification Spec (Former Employee) –  Ocala, FLJanuary 21, 2017
Good place to work -- fun co-workers. Provided great benefits and good time off policy. Supervisors and management were responsive to needs of employees.
Benefits
Cliquey
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Ocala, FLJanuary 13, 2017
Terrible experience. Gossip mill, management is disconnected from employees. Typical shift be shift animosity. If you're new other shift will nip pick you. Just look at how many RNs they need, a lot of turn over. Would not repeat.
Pros
Benefits, pay
Cons
Management. Gossip mill.
NO hours
Patient Sitter (Former Employee) –  Ocala, FLDecember 15, 2016
MRMC would be the ideal place to work if there was actually patients to sit with. It seemed like the same people got hours while everyone else hardly made any hours. I was supposed to make 72 hours while I barely made 40 hours on a good pay period. And you have to call daily to see if there's any patients for you to sit with on that day.
Pros
Patients were awesome
Cons
Pay, hours
Average Hospital
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Ocala, FLDecember 11, 2016
Good people to work with. Typical big company problems. Management could be better, but that is everywhere. I would love to stay with this company if I didn't live so far away
good medical service
Senior Operating Room Inventory Specialist (Former Employee) –  Ocala, FLDecember 2, 2016
Loved working my position for 10 years but new owners are downsizing
Inventory Sprecialist ordered special needs and equipment needed by surgeon for surgery.
Physicians and staff were pleasant
Only if you need a job desperately
First assistant (Current Employee) –  Ocala, FLNovember 19, 2016
It is an absolute shame when CHS took over. What was once the best hospital around is no longer. In my opinion, CHS only wants to take care of the administration. The employee ratio for the patient is deplorable. RN's and other staff members cannot do their job because they are so understaffed. The benefits are OK, but the pay is extremely low. You may receive a 2 percent wage increase yearly if you are lucky. You can go across the street, to Ocala Regional, and make 3 to 5 dollars more per hour. We have lost many fantastic employees because of this reason.
Cons
No breaks except for lunch
If I could give less stars I would.
HIM (Former Employee) –  FloridaNovember 17, 2016
Do not take this job! They are slave drivers, they talk about people right in front of them, they humiliate you in front of coworkers and the management team sucks. It doesn't feel permanent they fire people all the time, that's why their always hiring!
Pros
Cons
Everything is bad
Thing of the past
Surgical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Ocala, FLSeptember 22, 2016
Munroe was recently acquired by CHS a health care business corporation. With that being said it is no longer the Healthcare Provider it once was. With this new management the staff is under paid and overworked and it shows in their demeanor. I don't recommend going to this facility at all you will be disappointed in the lack of treatment. What was once a prominent medical facility is now a thing of the past.
Pros
Cons
Poor staffing and low wages
Not completely terrible
Nutrition Aide (Former Employee) –  Ocala, FLSeptember 19, 2016
I worked as a food service person for the patients. I liked it to an extent but management was bad. They didn't care about things or acknowledge hard workers much. It wasn't the worse place I've ever worked, but it definitely wasn't the best.
Pros
Money for food, benefits
Cons
Bad management.
I enjoy my job
PATIENT CARE TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  Ocala, FLAugust 26, 2016
I enjoy my job love helping people
PCT 111 (Former Employee), Emergency Department – August 26, 2016
We have bed huddle every morning lets us know the hospital census, who are Doctors Are For the day, gives are assignment for the day !!! talk about anything new anything old . go on the floor get report make walking round introduce ourselves to the patient. the carry out are daily duties for the day , transport patience , took at the now orders ,
Pros
na
Cons
I truly don't know what to say
New management
Physical Therapy Tech/ Restorative (Former Employee) –  Ocala, FLAugust 10, 2016
Okay place to work for but little pay to the lessor job titles. Since new ownership it became a ghost town. Other than that great work environment and good people.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Munroe Regional Medical Center. Our community is ready to answer.

Munroe Regional Medical Center Reviews by Location