Munroe Regional Medical Center

Munroe Regional Medical Center Employer Reviews

Great place to work if you want to be treated like a slave and get paid like one
Environmental Specialist (Former Employee), Ocala, FLJuly 15, 2014
Pros: there is nothing good about working as a housekeeper at mrmc
Cons: the management is horrible, they sleep around with their employees and show favoritism, and they are above getting their hands dirty with hard labor.
This employer will literally work you until you drop from exhaustion and then fire you for not being fast enough. They don't complete their training programs. Rather, they throw their employees to the wolves and then are surprised when they're eaten alive.
MRMC is a very fast paced and great learning environment
Charge RN (Current Employee), Ocala, FLJuly 8, 2014
Pros: excellent learning environment
Cons: no incentive for further education, no real growth potential
MRMC is a fast paced environment that is conducive to learning and is a great home base for new nurses. There is a lack of promotion, so after 7 years, I have gone as far as I can in this company. And with a lack of incentive to further your education, there is no real reason to challenge someone to go back for more college. Love love love my coworkers. – more... They are the most difficult part of leaving! – less
productive and fun workplace and easy going
Volunteer central transport. (Former Employee), Ocala, FLMay 12, 2014
Pros: free lunches, and a friendly environment, long lunch breaks
Cons: if you don't like being around sick people then not the place to work.
Typical day at work involves answering phone calls anywhere from, 30- 60 calls a day. I learned about being patient and to manage my time when on duty and to important things done. Most of the co workers where friendly. The hardest part of the job was running around the hospital transporting patients from room to room or discharging patients. The most – more... enjoyable part of the job is being around people from different races and ethnicity. – less
AVERAGE
Staff Nurse/Clinical (Former Employee), Ocala, FLMarch 31, 2014
Pros: the pro for me was that is was close to home
Cons: at times we were so busy that didnot have time to take a break, it is very difficult to work 12 hours without a break
I WORKED AS STAFF NURSE ON SURGICAL FLOOR AND IT INVOLVED DIRECT PATIENT CARE TO POST -OP PATIENTS. I LEARNED MANY SKILLS ON THIS UNIT. THE MANAGEMENT WAS AMAZING ,MADE US FEEL EMPOWERED. IN EVERY JOB YOU HAVE DIFFERENT PERSONALITIES AND THAT ALLOWS TO LEARN FROM THEM. THE HARDEST PART OF THE JOB WAS THE LACK OF TEAM WORK. I DONOT THINK IT IS ITENTIONAL, – more... I FEEL AT TIMES EVERYONE IS SO OVERWHELMED WITH THEIR OWN ASSIGNMENTS. THE MOST ENJOYABLE PART OF MY JOB WAS ABLE TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE IN SOMEONE LIFE. – less
fast paced
ER REGISTRATION REP (Former Employee), Ocala, FLMarch 31, 2014
all er registration
answer phones
patient customer service
many positive young people hired.
Critical Care RN (Former Employee), Ocala, FLMarch 17, 2014
Pros: many collaborative opportunities.
Cons: pt rn ratio's increasing
Busy work environment/past committement to excellence well documented. Award winning hospital.
Great Team
Nurse Intern - Women's Surgery and Maternity Unit (Current Employee), Ocala, FlMarch 11, 2014
Get report from previous shift nurses, make bedside rounding to all patients, hourly rounding during dayshift, night shift requires rounding every 2 hours, perform assessments, notify RN of significant changes, collaborate with medical team regarding patient care.
Satisfying hard day's work
Housekeeper (Former Employee), Ocala, FLFebruary 27, 2014
When leaving work each day as a housekeeper in a hospital, you knew your job was important, and made a difference.
MRI Assistant (Former Employee), Ocala, FLFebruary 13, 2014
Pros: learning
I enjoyed working for MRI. I learned a lot at the hospital about patient care.
prodictive
Data Entry, Customer Service (Former Employee), Ocala, FLFebruary 8, 2014
Pros: leaning new things
Cons: drama
go to work at 4:30 pick up chart on the floor put them in bins , then check off them off, I learn how to scan, her data entry, how to read medical record, analyze doc signature prep medical records, ROI mgt was ok, the hardest part was the drama the enjoyable part I was learning everyday.
Nice place to work...if we where paid better...
Phlebotomist (Current Employee), Ocala, FLJanuary 19, 2014
Pros: love the majority of the people
Cons: pay is soooo not enough for what you have to put up with.
I loved the people I knew and got to know at Munroe however there where way too many people who treated us (phlebs) badly and no manager would do anything about it....You see things on the floors that the nurses do and know its not right but even if you report it, it doesn't seem like anything gets done about it. Depending on your shift, you either – more... have a boatload of work and/or are running back and forth throughout the whole shift and are almost always short staffed making you extremely exhausted by the time you leave work. The pay is comparable to mcdonalds or dunkin donuts...its quite sad. It would be a great place to work if the pay was better so it was at least worth it to put up with the crazy workload and rude nurses. – less
Always short staffed
Phlebotomist in Hospital Laboratory (Former Employee), Ocala, FLDecember 18, 2013
Cons: people always being fired and always shortstaffed
Always very short staffed. Management not nice at all. People were being fired more than quitting and it was people who have been there for 7 years or more on all shifts. Most of the time my shift there were only me and 1 other person covering all 6 floors of the whole hospital which was 1st shift. It was a mad house all the time.
Excellence in care for the community
Lead Unit Secretary (Former Employee), Ocala, FLDecember 17, 2013
Pros: excellent learning environment
I worked for this organization for ten years. This is a non-profit hospital providing care for a large community. It is the only delivery hospital in Marion County.
As the unit secretary on the Medical Surgical floor I gained a wealth of clinical and clerical knowledge. I had the opportunity to work with the finest physicians and nurses.

Also a five – more... star rating, however the site will not allow. – less
Fast paced work enviornment
Guest Specialist (Current Employee), Ocala, FLOctober 25, 2013
Pros: benefits, helping the patients, meeting new people
Cons: long hours, loading/catching dishes, humid environment, payrate
I really enjoy being able to help the patients and provide excellent customer service. I love getting ahead of the work I have to do. A typical day is coming in at 6:15-6:30 am, clocking in and then starting to gather everything I need for about 25-30 trays for the dialysis and renal floor. After I deliver the trays I go have my breakfast for 30 minutes – more... and then I go collect the trays. Once I collect the trays, I throw away everything on them and then head to the dish room where we put about 400 dishes through a machine after every meal and then going home after a 12 hour day. I think that working in the dish room is definitely the most vigorous part of the job while knowing your helping the patients is the most enjoyable part of the job. My coworkers are mostly helpful and try to keep positive relationships. I've learned that everyone has their own way of doing things and that you have to find what works best for you while staying within the rules and regulations. – less
Quality-oriented and patient-focus facility
Heart Failure Coordinator (Current Employee), Ocala, FLOctober 17, 2013
Pros: great benefits
Everyone knows everyone and we're are like family. Providing quality care is what Munroe's proud of. Munroe is one of the top 100 hospitals in the US, known for excellence in cardiovascular care.
Certified Heart Failure and Chest Pain Center.
Great place to work!!!
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee), Ocala, FLOctober 17, 2013
Very busy and fast paced!! Team work was great!! If you are looking to become a nurse, this is definitly the place to come. I learned a lot from the nurses on the floor which helped me through school. I loved the fact that over time was avaliable all the time. I enjoyed the 12 hour shifts as well.
Challenging, service oriented, Strong team members
LPN CORE STAFF (Current Employee), Ocala, FLOctober 15, 2013
Every day provides unique experiences and allows me to be a strong patient advocate. Everyone involved with the Unit work together to provide a safe and healing environment for our patients.

I am given the opportunity to work independently with the understanding that if I need any assistance, my co-workers are always there to back me up.
Upbeat facility
Environmental Specialist (Former Employee), Ocala, FLOctober 14, 2013
Typical days were filled with cleaning the facility and making sure the best customer service policies were upheld. My coworkers were very different, some nice, some outgoing, but we all grouped together to make the hospital run smoothly.
Some of the best staff to work with on any floor
Registered Nurse (Former Employee), Ocala, FLSeptember 5, 2013
Pros: the staff was very helpful and will help you in a bind.
Cons: take over of hma causing major changes to this hospital.
The floor staff on Med/Renal was very wonderful to work with. I wish I could have stayed longer with this group. I would gladly return any day.
its a great place to work
CPhT III (Current Employee), Ocala, FLJuly 30, 2013
Great place to work. People are nice. I need more hours than they can provide.

About Munroe Regional Medical Center

Munroe Regional Health System operates the Munroe Regional Medical Center and affiliated facilities serving residents of north – Read more