Munroe Regional Medical Center

Munroe Regional Medical Center Employee Reviews in United States

Fun and educational work place
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Ocala Waterway, FLJune 20, 2016
Very professional hospital job. My typical daily activity would be to answer phone calls and also deliver patients in wheelchairs to a different room or take discharging patients out to the front door/vehicle.
productive place to work for
RMA (Former Employee) –  Ocala, FLDecember 17, 2015
80 calls from patients concerning appts or medication
I learned a lot about infectious diseases, mainlt HIV/AIDS
Management was ok, not always fair
hardest part of job is when a patient finds out he or she is HIV positive
enjoyable part of day is giving good test results
Pros
company luncheons
Cons
none at the moment
Fast paced procedural area with time management and flexibility a requirement.
RN Clinical III (Current Employee) –  Ocala, FLOctober 6, 2015
Excellent work environment with dedicated staff. These scheduled procedures were often related to a new diagnosis. Empathy and teaching with expected outcomes. I have excellent assessment and IV skills. I enjoy the variety and flexibility while rotating to required areas. IV conscious sedation and monitoring vital signs. The most rewarding scenario is a satisfied and educated patient and family upon discharge.
Pros
Variety of Doctors and procedures
Cons
Not enough overtime offered.
Regional Hospital
Volunteer - I.C.U. and Patient Transport (Former Employee) –  Ocala, FLDecember 2, 2015
Volunteer for the hospital - worked in patient transport as well as the Intensive Care Unit as a receptionist. Found all co-workers to be friendly and helpful. I would recommend this position to others who wish to contribute to the community,
Didn't like it
Environmental Specialist (Former Employee) –  Ocala, FLNovember 19, 2015
I would have to clean patients rooms, lobby, nutrition room, nurses station. I felt like I was being picked on because i was not the right color. The new manager was only hiring colored people. I was doing my job and tey fired me because they said i wasn't doing what i was suppose to.
Nice Coworkers
RN (Current Employee) –  Ocala, FLSeptember 14, 2015
Coworkers are great to be around. Breaks are too short when working a 12 hour shift as an RN.

I feel that ALL healthcare facilities should have the patient as their first consideration, after all, they are who we work for. I am confident with my nursing care and feel that the patient is why I am there. There is NO other reason to be an RN.
Pros
Coworkers are friendly
Cons
short breaks
Great cohesion with coworkers
Stationary Engineer (Current Employee) –  Ocala, FLAugust 26, 2015
. I have a good working relationship with my coworkers. Since the company became for profit. It's not as employee friendly. The focus turned off loyalty to the employee and patients. And refocused on making profits at all costs.The position I have is limited in advancement in promotion and salary. However, to be able to serve the community in a positive matter through my working environment, it's a great place to work.
Pros
Helping the community, great relationship with coworkers
Cons
Cutting work hours, cutting costs on safety, not employee friendly
Stifiling and extremely closed in environment
Accounts Payable Clerk (Former Employee) –  Ocala, FLNovember 25, 2015
The management there are part of of a clique. You're either part of it or they don't care if you hit the road! Unless you're desperate, do not work here, atleast in a support role.
Enjoyable and Intense
Unit Secretary, CVICU (Former Employee) –  Ocala, FLAugust 25, 2015
CVICU- A great place to work. I learned so much about Cardiovascular surgeries and recovery. I had a supportive manager and worked with a staff that demonstrated superior team work. Munroe was leased to Community Health Systems in 2014. Within a year the hospital had made tremendous changes and continues to grow. My time at Munroe Regional Medical Center was a positive experience as a Unit Secretary.
Pros
Wonderful Collegues
Cons
Call off's/short staff
hard place to work for since new management company took over
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Ocala, FLNovember 14, 2015
Enjoy my work but not the workplace.
Huge turnover of employees.
Work with a great crew but unsure of job security.
New management keeps everything a secret until the last minute.
A/P Clerk
Senior Accounts Payable Clerk (Former Employee) –  Ocala, FLNovember 17, 2015
Very much enjoyed working for Munroe Regional Medical Center. Although I worked off campus, all benefits for all hospital employees were always available and convenient.
a good place to learn a phletora of skills.
Patient Care Technician Emergency Dept (Former Employee) –  Emergency dept.October 4, 2015
I was an patient care tech then an advanced nurse intern. All the duties assigned changed daily and depended upon team leader/supervisor.
Pros
great learning experience
Cons
Too many political games.
I enjoy Emergency Medicine
EMT-Basic (Current Employee) –  Ocala, FLAugust 24, 2015
Great group of people to work with, we are a family. Constantly learning and Providers are willing to teach. A non-for profit hospital bought by a LARGE for profit corporation. Patient satisfactory is very important as well as the bottom dollar.
Pros
Your Family is important to them
Cons
Low pay for the area
Co-workers dedicated professionals
RN (Current Employee) –  Ocala, FLOctober 3, 2015
I have seen many changes, but one thing that never changes is the dedication of my co-workers to this hospital and the people of Marion County! It is a pleasure and an honor to serve along side you.
a fun group of people to work with
Certified Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Ocala, FLOctober 12, 2015
loved the people i worked with, was a family atmosphere. overall setting and place was very good. Pharmacists were very friendly and helpful.
Dinning room
Retail Specialist (Former Employee) –  Ocala, FLJune 12, 2015
It was my first job in the food industry and I was excited for the new experience I learned a lot about the do's and don'ts of food storing and prepping, dish washing, and meat cutting. It was a hospital dinning room so you were to always be happy and polite to customers especially since you don't know what there family member is in the hospital for it was apart of the job to make them feel better and be understanding if they are not polite, so I can say I learned a lot when it comes to understanding and not judging others on how they act in the moment. I enjoyed learning more about food prepping and even took a few recipes home with me and the supervisors gave us badges with money on them to eat from the dinning every month it was greatly appreciated.
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
Uncertainty produces low team morale
Financial Representative (Former Employee) –  Ocala, FLMay 27, 2015
The fact that you are caring for the community gives you some sense of pride in what you do. There is always the opportunity to learn something new in your daily job function. The atmosphere is filled with a mixture of emotions at all times due to different and sometimes difficult circumstances. Team spirit and morale is low due to uncertainty in new management and staff shortages all across the board.
Pros
Employment
Cons
Staffing shortages and Management
I Volunteered Here
Central Transport & Patient Support Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Ocala, FLJune 13, 2015
I volunteered here and the environment was just awesome. They really show so much appreciation to their volunteer and I can just imagine what kind of benefits and gratitude they showed to their employees. I received free meals every day and a clean environment and great attitudes while volunteering for munroe.
Pros
Free Meals
Hospital with much growth in the future
RN (Current Employee) –  EP Lab Ocala, FloridaJuly 25, 2015
The hospital has recently been under new management by CHS, This provides an opportunity for staff that may require to transfer to different states to maintain their work status.
Pros
Plenty of availablity to work additional hours and gain new experiences
Great place to work until CHS took over.
Transcriptionist in Medical Transcription (Former Employee) –  Ocala, FLApril 21, 2015
I started working in house as a transcriptionist and then after about six years went to work at home. Great experience. I got to learn to transcribe dictation from a lot of different doctors, nurses, etc. and a lot of different accents.

I went on to be a quality specialist and filled in blanks left by other transcriptionists. I also evaluated transcription on a quarterly basis done by other transcriptionists.
Pros
Great learning experience.
Cons
The job got more and more difficult with more and more challenges.

Munroe Regional Medical Center Reviews by Location