Munson Healthcare

Munson Healthcare Employer Reviews

Munson Medical Center
Phlebotomy Technician (Former Employee), Traverse City, MIFebruary 10, 2015
This hospital was my starting ground. It became my home for learning and understanding the ways and works of a dynamic hospital. Within just two months time I was already taking on lone night shifts in the ER. Working at such a fast pace and with a wonderful staff I gained the trust of my fellow manager that I was more then capable to start taking on traumas and I did just that. I will never forget my experience at Munson Medical Center, it made my future more bright.
Enjoyable place to work
Switchboard Operator and Computer Repairman (Current Employee), Traverse City, MIJanuary 27, 2015
Pros: very good benfits program
Cons: limited breaks
I am happy to be able to work at Munson Medical Center. They have a great benefits program and you are guaranteed to get your hours that you are hired on for.
rewarding and fun place to work
Registration Representative (Former Employee), Traverse City, MIJanuary 23, 2015
Pros: full benefits, full time, great environment
Munson Medical Center gave me the opportunity for personal as well as career growth. Working with patients so closing was something I very much enjoyed and always left work feeling like I had helped someone and had a productive day. My supervisors gave me the chance to grow and challenge myself every single day. I was cross trained between departments so that really allowed me to advance my knowledge of the hospital and do my job better.
Productive and engaging work place
Behavioral Health Technician (Current Employee), Traverse City, MIJanuary 12, 2015
I participate in 15 minute hall checks and make sure the safety of the patients is first priority. I help with talking vitals, assisting the nurses, nurse assistant duties, etc. I enjoy my co-workers and engaging with patients
Munson
Pharmacy Tech (Current Employee), Traverse CityJanuary 10, 2015
Good place to work and a good area to live. Does a lot for the community.
Great Healthcare Organization that provides exceptional service not only to patients but staff
Switchboard Operator (Former Employee), Traverse City, MIDecember 18, 2014
Munson offered my a position right out of college. Within this position I was able to learn how a hospital functions. I was able to obtain any additional training or education through Munson that was necessary for my current position or potential positions in the future. My manager set up a career ladder for me in which she determined a path that would be great for my skills and knowledge in the area. This included any future positions and education I would need. She also set up job shadows to determine what area I would like to work in. My co- workers were more like family then co-workers they supported me and provided me with a great work environment. The hardest part of the job was learning time management and prioritization and managing stress. I enjoyed the whole aspect of the job and everything I learned from the experience.
Stressful high paced work place.Critical thinking skill utilized everyday.
Registered Nurse Operating Room (Current Employee), Traverse City, MIOctober 23, 2014
Pros: close to my home
Cons: poor support from management regarding diffuculties with physicians, staff shortages, work load and increased on call.
Responsible for patient care in a 14 room operating room. Multi-specialties: General surgery, neuro surgery, GYN, Urology, Plastic surgery and Endo Vascular surgery. I love working with patients but due to decreased staffing and increased duties it is becoming more difficult to do my job safely!
Central Scheduling Representative
Liaison for the ARTC and Nuclear Medicine (Former Employee), Traverse City, MIOctober 13, 2014
Pros: education/advancement opportunities.
Cons: low pay rate (this is typical of the area)
This position was fantastic in allowing for opportunity to learn & grow. My Manager fostered an environment that encouraged everyone to continue building their knowledge base and was good enough to allow for them to promote into different areas of the hospital with her best wishes.
Munson Medical Center does take care of it's employees with incentives given at certain employment anniversaries. Also if you submit an idea for improvement that is adopted you are given a percentage of the amount the hospital saves from the idea. They provide training/education on site and encourage their employees to take advantage thereof.
Productive and professional work environment
Medical Coder (Former Employee), Traverse City, MISeptember 12, 2014
Pros: learning from experienced and knowlegable co-works
Cons: unable to commute from home.
Coded and abstracted out patient and emergency room records.

Management was supportive and knowledgable. Co-works were friendly and helpful.
Wonderful place to work. Excellent coworkes and quality of care
Licensed Respiratory Therapist (Current Employee), Traverse City, MISeptember 10, 2014
The last 15 years of my 30 years I have been a Pulmonary Function Technologist and Pulmonary Rehab Therapist. I am responsible for scheduling and testing of patients. I am also responsible for initial patient assessment and scheduling of necessary testing for rehab patients. I schedule and attend to on going therapies.
Proficient in QES, Power Chart and STAR.
I enjoy the team I work with
Perioperative Nurse (Current Employee), Traverse City, MISeptember 3, 2014
I work with a great group of people. All dedicated to the quality care of patients.
Been very good to me
Nursing Assistant - Nursing Administration -Pool (Current Employee), Traverse City, MIAugust 7, 2014
My jobs have been varied and specific to whatever job I am doing at the time.
Large Healthcare system in Northern Michigan
Executive Assistant/Office Manager (Current Employee), Traverse City, MIMay 22, 2014
Munson has been a very good place to work. My current management is excellent allowing me to grow and values my opinion. The pay is decent and benefits as well. My co-workers are second-to-none.

I can't really say there is a hard part to my job, I take things in stride, go with the flow and just try to do the best job that I can. I really enjoy all the complexities of medicine.
Responsibly run business
Critical Care Nurse (Former Employee), Traverse City, MIApril 29, 2014
Work schedule very flexible, able to do self scheduling. Easy to get time off for vacations. Job is always changing, hands on patient care.
very good company to be
System Analyst (Current Employee), Traverse City, MIMarch 16, 2014
Very organized place and a very good team to work with. Complex environment but good relationships helps.
N/A
RHIA, RN, Coordinator CDI (Current Employee), Traverse City, MichiganFebruary 27, 2014
Very nice place to work. People at this organization are exceptionally friendly and helpful.
Excellent Fascility
Registered Nurse in Emergency (Former Employee), Traverse City, MIJanuary 13, 2014
Busy 42+ Bed Level II Trauma Center. Very qualified staff and Doctors. Great place to work.
ONE OF THE BEST!
Registered Nurse (Former Employee), Traverse City, MIJanuary 12, 2014
Pros: night cafeteria with pretty good, hard working employees, great cardiac physicians, good continuity of care, managers were respectful and hard working.
Cons: different floors have very different ways of doing things (breaks, patient care, management directions/rules)
Munson Medical Center is one of the best hospitals that I've been to. The cardiac unit is very up to date and utilizes the best cardiac physicians around the state and country. Patients come from all over to receive care from this facility. Being a part of the health care community at Munson was a great experience. Management on A4 was good. Manager was very understanding but tough, used our unit as a guinea pig for new hospital interventions. It was very interesting. Co-workers were very hard working and had great critical thinking skills. On a cardiac floor, learning something new is a daily thing. The most enjoyable part of the job was utilizing critical thinking, working with patients and their families, and having hard working co-workers. The night could be crazy busy or a dead, depending on the time of year. Summer was always busier than winter. Usually I had 4-5 patients to take care of for the night. Started at 7pm, recieved report, started by introducing new new via bedside greetings, took care of loose ends from previous shift if able to, looked up patient information, did research, and took care of patients until 7am. Anything can happen at night, staying on your toes was important.
Good place to work, no jobs
Respiratory Practitioner Intern (Current Employee), Traverse City, MINovember 16, 2013
Pros: good experiences, good teaching hospital
Cons: no jobs
Small community who fosters the Muskegon Community College R.T. program but can't employ their graduates.
Great coworkers but non competitive salary
Lab Tech III- ER (Current Employee), Traverse City, MINovember 2, 2013
Pros: the people and the ability to help those in need.
Cons: no set breaks due to low staffing and non competitive salary.
The people that I worked with became family and are the people you become closest to. Long 12 hour shifts in a fast paced working environment allowed for life long relationships to flourish. The hardest part of my job is the bad hours and unimpressive pay and lack of a break.

1 2 3