Munters Corporation Employee Reviews

Great company and team
Light Mechanical Assembler (Current Employee) –  Amesbury, MAJuly 18, 2017
I really enjoy this job and would recommend it ti anyone. Has its uos and downs, but far more uos than downs

Pros: very competetive starting pay and benefits
Great environment
Safety focused
Very laidback
Free coffee and other goodies
No layoffs
4 day 40 hour work week!
Overtime available

Cons
Factory conditions can get bad in the summer,
There isn't any formal or really even informal training program of any kind
The bathroom is disgusting.
Kind of bitter sweet but Munters retains a large employees, so promotions aren't a regular thing
Good working enviroment. inconsistent
Asembly (Current Employee) –  Buena Vista, VAJune 24, 2017
Physical work. Good people and management. Chance of layoffs. ability to work plenty of overtime, but when contracts lost you can be laid off, then when contracts secued you could be working 7 days a week mandatory.
Pros
Good orginization
Cons
pay, layoffs
I enjoyed learning new skills and meeting some quality employees.
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Lansing, MIMay 11, 2017
Be prepared to spend long hours on your feet and heavy lifting. There are many job stations with various tasks and difficulty that you may be placed in for the whole day or changed to many within the same day according to production needs. I was not impressed with management as I was witness to many unfair advantages/disadvantages depending on favoritism as well as turning a blind eye to issues that should be addressed. It has a negative effect on the workplace environment and causes discord among employees. Issues with being denied accrued PTO and promotions awarded or denied due to favoritism rather than worthiness was also witnessed. Munters does offer good pay and great benefits if you are hired in.
Pros
Good pay to start and great benefits if hired in.
Cons
Poor management, training needs vast improvement.
Work hard, but they treat you well.
Office Worker (Current Employee) –  Amesbury, MaFebruary 11, 2017
Working at Munters has one of my better career moves. While the work can strenuous at times, the benefits package alone makes it worth it. You will find that around the office most of the people have been there for years, so advancement could opportunities could be few and far between.
Pros
Free coffee, healthcare, free gym membership
Cons
Not a lot of openings
Did not like this job
Finance Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Selma, TXNovember 21, 2016
I really don't typically like to write about a previous employer. I don't feel that it's a good look especially when the experience that you've have was not a pleasant one. I think that the employees were nice but, sort of distant towards newcomers to the job.
An employee oriented place to work
Welder (Current Employee) –  Ft. Myers, FLJune 28, 2016
In any job you get out of it what you put in. As a welder in this company I have the opportunity to advance in learning new techniques and working with other employees.We have a great sense of team work to make out products the best they can be on the market. We implemented a lean manufacturing program which has resulted in a better, less expensive and smarter way of producing our products. Employees put forth the concerted effort to make these changes work and as a group they are some of the best people I have worked with, always looking to help each other and grow. Don't get me wrong...the work can be hard and the hours seem long but I truly enjoy what I do.
Our benefits are great and cover more than I expected when I hired on over 5 yrs. ago. Other perks include special luncheons, Christmas parties, and picnics.
Pros
special luncheons, Christmas parties, and picnics.
Cons
just the hot weather in summer
Shocking
Field Service Engineer (Former Employee) –  United KingdomMay 28, 2016
Worked here for 2 weeks, sacked because I had a northern accent. Would not recommend this company to any one.! Do not work here
Enjoyable to work for
Assembly Technician (Former Employee) –  Buena Vista, VAMarch 26, 2016
Spent the days reading schematics and assembling HVAC units. The work was average paced and one could learn quickly. Used wiring diagrams to wire HVAC units
Pros
Held large luncheons for holidays.
Cons
10 min breaks
Worked there 21 years
Production associate (Former Employee) –  Mason, miMarch 8, 2016
Disappointing fired from job over points, gave 21years of service to this company ,showed no appreciation to me or others. Very selfish company. Denied unemployment saying I quit.check my file ,must have falsified the documents.
Great work enviroment
Fabricator (Former Employee) –  Buena Vista, VANovember 10, 2015
had alot of fun doing my job, learned to skills to add to belt. Met alot of new people, got to travel out of town to do work which is what i would really like to do.
Pros
ability to work at my pace an on my own
Cons
not enough work
Good work environment
Assembly Worker (Former Employee) –  Selma, TXNovember 5, 2015
Enjoyed my time there, the only con was no a/c so it would get extremely hot in the warehouse. The pay could be a little better considering the working conditions.
Pros
good work environment, great coworkers
Cons
no a/c
Changing up your everyday routine.
Assembly Line Production Worker (Current Employee) –  Selma, TXNovember 3, 2015
The most enjoyable thing about working here, was that you switch work every couple of days. You don't have to build the same side day in and day out, it allows you to expand and learn every part of the industrial units that we build. In doing so it allows you to train others and also have them teach you new ways of doing something you haven't thought of. The management is very supportive and tries to help everyone out the best way that they can.My co-workers are all very enjoyable to work with, and help me out if needed or vice versa.
Pros
Breaks, bonuses, management
Cons
Not everyone is there for the team
Great place to work for.
Builder (Former Employee) –  Amesbury, MADecember 23, 2014
Building HCR wheels in the wheel plant was amazing.
Always learn something new about the product or the company each and everyday.
Munters Engineer Intern
Manufacturing Engineer Intern (Current Employee) –  Selma, TXSeptember 29, 2014
Great work culture, friendly staff and work very well with my school schedule during the year.
Inspect and prep for paint paint to proper mill spec
Industrial Spray Painter (Former Employee) –  Amesbury, MAFebruary 11, 2014
Great pay great place to work working conditions were very good and safty was a high prioity
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Paint fumes
Great work culture & technically challenging
Manufacturer Field/Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Amesbury, MAOctober 15, 2013
Travel to various customers within the U.S. to start-up, modify, repair & service custom dehumidification equipment. Perform various work-related tasks such as collection of operating data, service report generation, & providing feedback to production for corrective actions. Provide customer phone support from home office, research unit engineering data, and other parts information.

Identify trends in operating/parts failure & communicate with service manager of findings
Develop retrofit plans for equipment upgrade & fuel source conversion
Reprogram control platform, verify parameters, & test operation
Conduct onsite unit familiarization & operational training.
Provide telephone technical support for various contractors & customers alike
Utilize electrical schematic for contractor operational sequencing & unit safety checks
Very hard working team
Engineering Manager (Current Employee) –  Selma, TXMay 28, 2013
Good company with brand recognition. Everyone needs to work very hours to maintain production rate and throughput.
Pros
Brand name recognition
Cons
Quality is after thought
I had a great experience
Accounts Payable Clerk/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Amesbury, MAJuly 4, 2012
I started as a temp and I was hired full time three months later. Everyone was very friendly, and helpful.
Pros
very friendly
A productive group of people with a laid-back atmosphere. We all work as a team to accomplish company goals.
Munters Engineering Intern (Current Employee) –  Selma, TXApril 24, 2012
Weekly engineering meetings to ensure everyone is on task and talk through any issues from the previous week.
Co-workers are very helpful with each other, there is no sense of a me-vs-you personality from anyone.
Through this job I learned a lot about how a manufaturing company operates, what software they use to manage their inventory.
Hardest part of the job is producing wire diagrams with only basic electrical background.
Cons
length of time to move from temp to fulltime