Murphy Medical Center

Murphy Medical Center Employee Reviews

Great people and a fun atmosphere
Cook/Prep Cook (Former Employee), Murphy, NCJanuary 15, 2015
Pros: free coffee, and plenty of vacation time.
Cons: nothing
It was a great place to work. I had great supervisors with good attitudes. The benefits were also very good. They took time out to take care of their employees.
I work in the Dietary Dept.
Various Positions (Current Employee), Murphy NCDecember 13, 2014
I have worked at Murphy Medical center for 5 years. I have learned every position in that time. I completed my certified dietary managers course April of this year. I passed my certification test in June of this year. I am currently looking for a position to use these skills. I have worked with acute care and long term care I am also an experienced cook. I have experience with Gerimenu also.
Busy busy busy!
Registered Nurse, Charge Nurse (Current Employee), Murphy, NCFebruary 3, 2014
Pros: great co-workers, opportunity to expand knowledge base
Cons: understaffed, unorganized
A typical day at work would include taking care of 5-7 patients, admitting, and discharging other patients. I've learned to manage a group of people in my position as Resource Nurse. I've also learned and maintained very important skills, such as starting and maintaing IV's, inserting catheters, and administering medications from various different classes. The hardest part of the job is being understaffed and trying to take care of everyone the best that I can. The most enjoyable is when I get a few minutes to actually sit and talk with a patient and feel like I have a connection with them.
poor management
Registered Nurse (Current Employee), Murphy NCNovember 12, 2013
Typical day consists of taking care of 3 critical care pts. I learned critical care drips. Very poor management, most co-workers were good to work with. Hardest part of the job was not enough staff to care for the pt.s. I enjoyed caring for pt.s and making a difference in their lives.
management is terrible . never work for this practice
rn (Former Employee), Murphy, NCAugust 7, 2013
Pros: nice co workers
Cons: low morale
murphy group practice is the worst company ever. they are unorganized and incompetent
EMERGENCY ROOM NEVER A DULL MOMENT
ER REGISTRATION (Former Employee), MURPHY NCJuly 2, 2013
WORKED IN EMERGENCY ROOM. CHECKED IN PATIENTS. VERIFY INFO AND INS. PUT IN DOCTORS ORDERS. ARRANGED FOR TRANSFERS IF NEEDED. AND LIFE LINES FROM PATIENTS.
Days Vary.
Certified Nurses Assistant (Former Employee), Murphy, NCMay 2, 2013
Pros: everyone is nice.
Cons: long work hours.
Each day at work was a new learning experience. I did not stop learning new ways to complete tasks. Everyone was really helpful, and nice. People knew how to work together to get the job done. Management was really helpful with any question I had. I loved my job, I love my co-workers.
Enjoyed my volunteer months while helping others
VOLUNTEER TRANSPORT WORKER (Former Employee), Murphy, NCApril 2, 2013
Pros: giving back to the community
Cons: caught c-diff; had to resign volunteer position
Volunteer work is good for the community. Being in a position of being blessed afforded me the opportunity to give back to the community.