Murphy Medical Center Employee Reviews

Ok Job
Floor Tech (Former Employee) –  Murphy, NCAugust 12, 2017
I worked in EVS.The job was decent, the management was terrible. The job was not overly demanding and i did not mind the work required, but this department is in need of new management. The manager that was there when i started was great, but it all went downhill when he left.
Pros
decent work and pay
Cons
management
working with the elderly
Candy Striper (Former Employee) –  Murphy, NCAugust 7, 2017
This job was awesome. It was always nice to see a smile on the elderly because some of them didn't get any visitors at all and enjoyed the company and just to have someone to talk to.
Very stressful and intimidating work environment. Poor managment.
RN Staff Nurse Maternal/Infant Unit (Current Employee) –  Murphy, NCJune 30, 2017
When I first began my career at Murphy Medical Center, it was exciting and fun. I looked forward to coming to work and learning new skills. I thoroughly enjoyed my job, my department and my co-workers. I loved all the doctors we worked with. Over the last 5 years, the work environment and moral in my department has tremendously declined, resulting in a very high turn-over rate in employees.
Pros
Wages and benefits
Cons
Moral and work environment
Nothing good to say about this company
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Murphy group practiceApril 30, 2017
If you like to brown nose management, this is your place. While one person can do something and it's fine, another person will get written up. There is a lot of gossip and back stabbing among management. Because of this, there is a high turnover rate. Usually under staffed, very unorganized and no respect for the providers. By far, the worst job I've ever had.
Pros
Most of the providers are good to work with
Cons
Group practice management
Terrible Lab Management, violent co workers
Medical Technologist (Former Employee) –  Murphy, NCDecember 21, 2015
I worked in the Lab dept from 2007 until I was attacked in Dec of 2008. Left after I was disciplined for involving the police.
Pros
some decent lab personel
Cons
Management will not control violent co workers
excellent work environment with knowledgable people to work for
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Murphy, NCNovember 24, 2015
I enjoyed working there. The experience I gained in that environment has given me confidence in myself and in others that I work with. The supervising staff over me was encouraging and supportive of any educational move that I decided to take.
Pros
good benefits, Pdo, 401k, retirement, hiring from within, educational opportunities within the organization
Murphy Group Practice
Murphy Group Practice (Former Employee) –  Murphy, NCSeptember 23, 2015
The worst company to work for because they do not hire qualified individuals for jobs. The communication between employees and management basic do not exist. Be care if you are using this company for your health care because of the non certified medical assistance working in some of the practices.
Cons
under paid for the work load, unfair treatment from management
Had great opportunities to cross train in various departments.
HUC, CNA, ER/Hospital Admissions, Radiology, (Former Employee) –  Murphy, NCJune 20, 2015
Very busy as I worked in almost all departments cross training when patient count was low verses taking the option of going home. Learned to run all office equipment, work with all medical agencies in the area for transport of patients to and from facility via ambulance, air or having to make funeral home calls and family notifications of deceased patients. Management worked to make sure all employees that wanted training got the extra training and certification rather than just going home every chance they had. Co workers like in most places you have some good some bad. Hardest part was getting attached to patients and them leaving or knowing you couldn't save every last one as it left an empty feeling for myself. The most enjoyable was knowing I did all I could to provide the best care I could to my patients or assistant my co workers and the physicians the best way possible to provide the all necessary care to get the patients well so that they could leave healthy from our facility.
Pros
Satisfaction knowing that I provided the best care per my trainging.
Cons
Losing patients regardless of treatment given.
Great people and a fun atmosphere
Cook/Prep Cook (Former Employee) –  Murphy, NCJanuary 15, 2015
It was a great place to work. I had great supervisors with good attitudes. The benefits were also very good. They took time out to take care of their employees.
Pros
Free coffee, and plenty of vacation time.
Cons
nothing
I work in the Dietary Dept.
Various Positions (Current Employee) –  Murphy NCDecember 13, 2014
I have worked at Murphy Medical center for 5 years. I have learned every position in that time. I completed my certified dietary managers course April of this year. I passed my certification test in June of this year. I am currently looking for a position to use these skills. I have worked with acute care and long term care I am also an experienced cook. I have experience with Gerimenu also.
Busy busy busy!
Registered Nurse, Charge Nurse (Current Employee) –  Murphy, NCFebruary 3, 2014
A typical day at work would include taking care of 5-7 patients, admitting, and discharging other patients. I've learned to manage a group of people in my position as Resource Nurse. I've also learned and maintained very important skills, such as starting and maintaing IV's, inserting catheters, and administering medications from various different classes. The hardest part of the job is being understaffed and trying to take care of everyone the best that I can. The most enjoyable is when I get a few minutes to actually sit and talk with a patient and feel like I have a connection with them.
Pros
Great co-workers, opportunity to expand knowledge base
Cons
Understaffed, unorganized
poor management
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Murphy NCNovember 12, 2013
Typical day consists of taking care of 3 critical care pts. I learned critical care drips. Very poor management, most co-workers were good to work with. Hardest part of the job was not enough staff to care for the pt.s. I enjoyed caring for pt.s and making a difference in their lives.
management is terrible . never work for this practice
rn (Former Employee) –  Murphy, NCAugust 7, 2013
murphy group practice is the worst company ever. they are unorganized and incompetent
Pros
nice co workers
Cons
low morale
Emergency room never a dull moment
ER REGISTRATION (Former Employee) –  MURPHY NCJuly 2, 2013
Worked in emergency room. Checked in patients. Verify info and ins. Put in doctors orders. Arranged for transfers if needed. And life lines from patients.
Days Vary.
Certified Nurses Assistant (Former Employee) –  Murphy, NCMay 2, 2013
Each day at work was a new learning experience. I did not stop learning new ways to complete tasks. Everyone was really helpful, and nice. People knew how to work together to get the job done. Management was really helpful with any question I had. I loved my job, I love my co-workers.
Pros
Everyone is nice.
Cons
long work hours.
Enjoyed my volunteer months while helping others
VOLUNTEER TRANSPORT WORKER (Former Employee) –  Murphy, NCApril 2, 2013
Volunteer work is good for the community. Being in a position of being blessed afforded me the opportunity to give back to the community.
Pros
giving back to the community
Cons
caught c-diff; had to resign volunteer position