Murphy Medical Center Employee Reviews

excellent work environment with knowledgable people to work for
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Murphy, NCNovember 24, 2015
I enjoyed working there. The experience I gained in that environment has given me confidence in myself and in others that I work with. The supervising staff over me was encouraging and supportive of any educational move that I decided to take.
Pros
good benefits, PDO, 401k, retirement, hiring from within, educational opportunities within the organization
Terrible Lab Management, violent co workers
Medical Technologist (Former Employee) –  Murphy, NCDecember 21, 2015
I worked in the Lab dept from 2007 until I was attacked in Dec of 2008. Left after I was disciplined for involving the police.
Pros
some decent lab personel
Cons
Management will not control violent co workers
Great people and a fun atmosphere
Cook/Prep Cook (Former Employee) –  Murphy, NCJanuary 15, 2015
It was a great place to work. I had great supervisors with good attitudes. The benefits were also very good. They took time out to take care of their employees.
Pros
free coffee, and plenty of vacation time.
Cons
nothing
Murphy Group Practice
Murphy Group Practice (Former Employee) –  Murphy, NCSeptember 23, 2015
The worst company to work for because they do not hire qualified individuals for jobs. The communication between employees and management basic do not exist. Be care if you are using this company for your health care because of the non certified medical assistance working in some of the practices.
Cons
under paid for the work load, unfair treatment from management
Had great opportunities to cross train in various departments.
HUC, CNA, ER/Hospital Admissions, Radiology, (Former Employee) –  Murphy, NCJune 20, 2015
Very busy as I worked in almost all departments cross training when patient count was low verses taking the option of going home. Learned to run all office equipment, work with all medical agencies in the area for transport of patients to and from facility via ambulance, air or having to make funeral home calls and family notifications of deceased patients. Management worked to make sure all employees that wanted training got the extra training and certification rather than just going home every chance they had. Co workers like in most places you have some good some bad. Hardest part was getting attached to patients and them leaving or knowing you couldn't save every last one as it left an empty feeling for myself. The most enjoyable was knowing I did all I could to provide the best care I could to my patients or assistant my co workers and the physicians the best way possible to provide the all necessary care to get the patients well so that they could leave healthy from our facility.
Pros
Satisfaction knowing that I provided the best care per my trainging.
Cons
Losing patients regardless of treatment given.
I work in the Dietary Dept.
Various Positions (Current Employee) –  Murphy NCDecember 13, 2014
I have worked at Murphy Medical center for 5 years. I have learned every position in that time. I completed my certified dietary managers course April of this year. I passed my certification test in June of this year. I am currently looking for a position to use these skills. I have worked with acute care and long term care I am also an experienced cook. I have experience with Gerimenu also.
Days Vary.
Certified Nurses Assistant (Former Employee) –  Murphy, NCMay 2, 2013
Each day at work was a new learning experience. I did not stop learning new ways to complete tasks. Everyone was really helpful, and nice. People knew how to work together to get the job done. Management was really helpful with any question I had. I loved my job, I love my co-workers.
Pros
everyone is nice.
Cons
long work hours.
poor management
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Murphy NCNovember 12, 2013
Typical day consists of taking care of 3 critical care pts. I learned critical care drips. Very poor management, most co-workers were good to work with. Hardest part of the job was not enough staff to care for the pt.s. I enjoyed caring for pt.s and making a difference in their lives.
Enjoyed my volunteer months while helping others
VOLUNTEER TRANSPORT WORKER (Former Employee) –  Murphy, NCApril 2, 2013
Volunteer work is good for the community. Being in a position of being blessed afforded me the opportunity to give back to the community.
Pros
giving back to the community
Cons
caught c-diff; had to resign volunteer position
Emergency room never a dull moment
ER REGISTRATION (Former Employee) –  MURPHY NCJuly 2, 2013
Worked in emergency room. Checked in patients. Verify info and ins. Put in doctors orders. Arranged for transfers if needed. And life lines from patients.
management is terrible . never work for this practice
rn (Former Employee) –  Murphy, NCAugust 7, 2013
murphy group practice is the worst company ever. they are unorganized and incompetent
Pros
nice co workers
Cons
low morale

2.8