Murphy Oil Corporation Employee Reviews

Perfect 1st time job
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Cartersville, GAJune 13, 2017
I recommend this job to anyone just starting out with work. I enjoyed learning my customer service skills, which I am very proud of now! I also learned responsibility and the true value of a dollar.
Good job
Cashier (Current Employee) –  North Little Rock, ARJune 6, 2017
Great place to work. But i want more... I dont feel safe. A bunch of crazies come into the store and i was told that i just have to deal with it. I witnessed my employee get physically attacked and when i asked what should we do in that situation i was told to smile and thank them and tell them to come back. I had a guy whom ive had a restraining order placed on come in and got written up for telling him to leave.
great workplace
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Waynesboro, MSJune 4, 2017
great company to work for
very organized company
pays very good
positive place to work for
positive environment
clean and professional atmosphere
positive role models
Poor Pay, few breaks
Store Attendant (Current Employee) –  Lebanon, KYJune 1, 2017
Pay is low, but my manager is enjoyable. Some assistant managers are underqualified. Breaks are unlikely. Thirty minute lunch breaks are deducted from shift pay, but are not available to be taken. You may eat on the job, but are not given an actual lunch break, despite having your pay deducted as if you were taking one anyway.
Cons
No breaks, poor pay
Gas Station
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Clio, MIMay 23, 2017
Typical day at work included greeting customers and running the cash register. Management was wonderful to me. The hardest part of the job was working alone some nights.
Great boss
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Moncks Corner, SCMay 15, 2017
I loved this job my co workers were great and I loved my boss. She did everything like all the other employees. She worked doubles just like the rest of us.
Gas Station
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Cordova, TNMay 5, 2017
It was as good as working at a gas station could be. Good management, competent employees. . . Not a difficult job at all, but also not much room for advancement.
Friendly team?
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Paris, ILApril 30, 2017
Constantly cleaning and stocking. To watch pumps at all times is the best part yet stressful. Friendly customers made it worth staying at odd hours each day
Pros
Paycheck
Cons
No breaks
Murphy USA
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Mena, ARApril 12, 2017
My experience with Murphy USA was very rewarding. I was able to take in a lot of personal self building skills, along with career skills as well. Management and how the managers handle their assistants and cashiers could defiantly seek improvement in my personal experience, but over all i enjoyed working for this company and made a lot of life long friends!
production and management
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Dalton, GAApril 12, 2017
Most enjoyable part was being treated like family. Great atmosphere with the boss and employees. Best place I have worked for in Management. Would do all over again.
Pros
employees and boss
Cons
no set breaks
great customers
ASSISTANT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, TNMarch 22, 2017
it was great creating relationships with customers however management didn't have it together and it is all about favorites and if you aren't will to agree with district manager you will be reprmended
Pros
great customers and oppertunites to move up
Cons
managment had poor additude
Typical CS atmosphere
Assistant manager (Former Employee) –  Charleston, ILMarch 21, 2017
This was a filler position while waiting for better employment. At the time the district manager and store managers were not approachable, both wrapped up in their personal lives and problems instead of concerning themselves with the business. Both have been replaced since.
Pros
Steady work
Cons
low pay, heavy work load
Poor management
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Gaylord, MIMarch 13, 2017
First off, 8 hours on your feet with little to no breaks. No recognition for going above and beyond. Management leaving belittling notes almost daily. She is constantly creating new rules and then breaks them herself. Hardest part of the job is being mostly by yourself. Overlap of an hour to get cleaning and cooler done is not enough. Most enjoyable part is days off. Management is very poor.
Pros
Free drinks
Cons
Micromanager
Great place with options to grow your career
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Oneida, TNFebruary 16, 2017
Typical Day involved customer service, maintaining store image, verifying age for tobacco purchases, stocking, maintaining pump service. The management was very involved with day to day operations. The environment was very friendly and fast paced.
Pros
fast pace always changing
Cons
difficult to take a break
Fun Work place
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Saint Robert, MOFebruary 4, 2017
I really enjoyed my time at this company. I wish I could have gotten more hours. I would never have left. My manager was the best I have ever had. She wasn't just a boss she was a friend.
Cons
not enough hours, no health care
gas station
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Greenville, ALJanuary 30, 2017
Murpheys is a ok place to work. Not really recommended. You have to work out in the cold and in the rain to stock the coolers and the chips, You have to stock the cigerettes and and pray someone does not steal your gas or other things while you are in the back trying to stock before you leave your shift.
Pros
I enjoyed the people I worked with.
Cons
not enough hours at the time I had to travel to and from job.
Work place culture
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJanuary 23, 2017
At an individual store there is a sense of community. It always seems like home office doesn't care if you have a problem. We are under going a lot of changes and upper management are leaving.
Pros
salary
Cons
no breaks
productive workplace
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Danville, VAJanuary 15, 2017
I really enjoy my job I love working with the public its a positive work environment everyone is friendly I have a good day everyday I work I also enjoy helping customers and making them happy my number one priority
Pros
bring lunch
Cons
no breaks we break if we are slow
Productive and fun work place
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Wichita Falls, TXDecember 30, 2016
Management always friendly and flexible with scheduling. Everyone worked together as a team. Always able to rely on everyone to do their job and things be ready for you to go straight to work when you came in for your shift. Sometimes stressful, due to small store size and business busy during a shift change.
Pros
Frequent raises and they have a school refund program
Cons
No breaks. Management not so understanding
Solid gig
Clerk (Former Employee) –  McKinney, TXDecember 15, 2016
solid place if you are in high school or are looking for a part time work experience. First job in high school and while the pay was bad, the experience wasn't too horrible.
Pros
relaxed environment
Cons
compensation

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Murphy Oil Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9