Murphy Oil Corporation Employee Reviews

Hate It
Cashier (Current Employee), FloridaAugust 26, 2015
Pros: Greeting Customers
Cons: No breaks & not enough pay
I recently got hired and I'm thinking maybe I should've passed this job up. Its definitely not worth the stress and effort that you would put in. As with ANY job comes rude customers and maybe some hard to deal with co-workers, but for your co-workers to be the store manager and asst. managers its definitely quite insane. Its just not enough pay dealing with management. What I do enjoy about the job though is the customers, they really make my day.
Murphy is a traditional upstream oil and gas company with a broad footprint around the globe.
Vice President HSE and Security (Former Employee), Houston, TXAugust 20, 2015
Good place to work. Experienced operations team, however early retirements (mid to late 2015) have/will knock out 100's of years of senior experience in the US, West Africa and Malaysia. It will be interesting to see if the next generation can grow the company production, cashflow and reserves as much as the team accomplished during the past 8-10 years.
Loved working for this company
Store Manager/Certified Training Manager (Current Employee), Yukon, OKAugust 19, 2015
Murphy USA is an awesome company to work for. I was the Store Manager/Certified Training Manager for one of the Oklahoma stores. I have had the opportunity to meet some wonderful Managers and District Managers. I hate to leave the company however because of life changes I have to move back to my home state. I truely believe that Murphy always try to improve the work environment for their employees and they always kept the customers needs first.
I will truely miss my co-workers and working for Murphy USA>
Cashier
Cashier (Former Employee), Kennesaw, GAAugust 19, 2015
Greet customers and help them with their purchases. They could purchase merchandise, gas, tobacco, food or beverages.I enjoyed working for this business
Fun place to work
Assistant Manager Retail (Former Employee), Fulton, KYAugust 18, 2015
I was Asst Manager. Some days I would open the business, but everyday I was involved in promoting sales, placing orders with sales reps, inventory audits, cash handling, daily reports to home office.
busy and small
Cashier (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLAugust 17, 2015
Pros: they give raises after 6 months
Cons: small one to two people in the box office
clocking in counting register customer service stocking and cleaing at night closing reports . running of the lotto and credit card michines
long hours repetitve work
Assistant Manager (Current Employee), Albuquerque, NMAugust 17, 2015
no breaks, no lunch breaks, basically only one there most of the time, straight 10+ hr shifts gets exhausting after awhile, customers are great, great people to work with.
awful
Gas Station Attendant (Former Employee), Washington, MOAugust 15, 2015
Pros: none
Cons: late nights
it was an awful place to work while still in highschool not getting off until 11 at night then still having to do homework and there were no benefits, they always said there was but I never got any
job was a very good company
Cashier (Former Employee), Houston, TXAugust 10, 2015
Pros: easy work
Cons: no breaks cause some murphy you work alone.
the time i worked for murphy was very great people working for them , love the management . very easy work , would love to work for them again . great benefits.
GREAT COMPANY TO WORK FOR
Technology Agent- Retail Support (Current Employee), El Dorado, ARAugust 5, 2015
Pros: Free lunches
Cons: Days off
Excellent benifts and paylllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll
good job
Cashier (Former Employee), Suffolk, VAAugust 4, 2015
Pros: doing things at your own oaste
Cons: people not doing there jobs
i loved working at the Murphy,,u was there most of the time by yourself,did things at your own paste,,,only one problem there was some lazy people and the Manager wouldnt step up
My job
Cashier (Former Employee), Fort Wayne, INJuly 27, 2015
Pros: Great employees
A typical day at work consisted of performing customer service, cash and credit transactions, stocking, cleaning, and watching the gas pumps. I learned about the point of sale system they had. My management and co-workers were incredibly nice, and extremely helpful. There wasn't really a hard part of the job but the most enjoyable part of the job was working with my co-workers.
What the place was about.
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Martinsville, INJuly 25, 2015
Pros: Could smoke anytime, the customers
Cons: Always one person at the store
There was nothing wrong with working there. Unless you are a female. I was working for the place for a year and I got skipped to be Store Manger with the other Asst. Manager that was there only for a couple of months.
fun loving environment
Manager (Former Employee), thomaston gaJuly 23, 2015
this was a great company to work for, customers always first priority,maintain a high volume store ,work quickly ,kept accurate counts
Manager (Former Employee), New Braunfels, TXJuly 23, 2015
Paid good for working a lot of hours and putting in a lot of work. Great benefits and for the most part good upper management.
Not A Good Place
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee), Zanesville, OHJuly 16, 2015
Pros: Pay
Cons: Almost Everything Else
It took a whole month before i got my first pay check. You dont get breaks and they expect you to NOT eat for an 8 hour shift. Their was never a set schedule, you played it by hear and hoped you weren't doing something important when they call out of the blue and say they need you. the pay was okay but not worth the stress. The whole store would shut down at random times and when i would call the manager on my cell she would tell me it was her day off and not to bother her so i would be left with a lot of angry people on my hands. And you work alone at night,
murphy usa
ASSISTANT MANAGER (Current Employee), floridaJuly 12, 2015
Its a great workplace, great customers, and great employees.
the hardest part of the job is putting the large pole signs up that the companie makes the employees put up.

the most enjoyable part of the job is the various customers you meet throughout your shift.
N/A
Operationa Accounting - Merchandise AP (Former Employee), El Dorado, ARJuly 9, 2015
Loved the type work I did but new sites were opened no new employees were added and it was tough and almost impossible to complete my job duties correctly in the time allotted.
Long hours, working alone with no breaks.
Manager (Former Employee), MayodanJuly 9, 2015
Pros: Customer interaction
Cons: Long hours alone. Working in freezing temperatures.
I worked as a manager for over 8 years. 7 was good. It was Murphy Oil. Then they spun off into Murphy USA. After that it was as if nothing was good enough. We had always hired for 40 hours a week, then policy changed to part time employees only. 100 hours a month only. It was a task to stay staffed. No one except management received benefits any longer. A 50 hour work week became a 70 hour work week for most managers. The pay was excellent for management, but the strain on the body was not worth it . I was salary and my employees actually made more than me per hour due to long hours worked. Upper management changed and in our district alone, 6 long term managers resigned in the first 6 months due to working conditions.
A fun place and great environment.
Store Manager (Former Employee), Louisville, KYJuly 8, 2015
Pros: Free occassional lunches, monthly bonuses.
Cons: Not the best healthcare available.
A great job that pays very well. The owners are awesome and caring. Job advancement is there. The employees are energetic and happy. The customers are easy to get along with and always make you feel special afterword.
Headquarters