Murphy Oil Corporation

Murphy Oil Corporation Employee Reviews

Productive and fun workplace
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee), Kilgore, TXMay 26, 2015
I enjoy my co-workers and they make my day fun. The hardest part is when customers are having a bad day and take it out on me.
Gas Station
Gas Station Attendant (Former Employee), Mexia, TXMay 26, 2015
I worked as a gas station cashier. I would stock coolers, cigarette cases, sell gas, etc. I usually worked alone because it was a one person job shifts. The most enjoyable part was meeting new people and helping them with what I could. The hardest part of the job was having to work until 12a.m. alone.
Didnt llike the confined space
Cashier (Former Employee), Pensacola, FlMay 21, 2015
Pros: none
Cons: selling cigarettes and closing at night
Come in clock in work with customers make sure everybody pays for their gas card anyone under 40 for cigars etc. Management was ok they need to be more organized, co- worker I didn't really get to know because I worked by myself at night doing closing. The hardest thing about this job was selling substance such as cigars, cigarettes and I don't agree with it. There was nothing enjoyable about this job when you are a woman closing form 5 to 11 at night by yourself and anything can happen.
Fun place to be
Casheir (Former Employee), Lafayette, COMay 17, 2015
Loved working here. The management was really awesome and the pay was great. Learned a lot about working in different places.
Fast paced challenging career
Store Manager (Former Employee), Bastrop, LAMay 14, 2015
A typical day at Murphy will be interacting with customers and providing excellent customer service experience.
The hardest part of the job was constantly changing District Managers.
Option to advance
Store Manager (Current Employee), gaMay 13, 2015
Murphy is a Great company to work for. It's fast pace fun and active. Murphy is a very competitive company. A great place for an upbeat individual. Not so much for a lazy individual it's a lot of multi-tasking involved in the jobs description.
Lots of customers
Cashier (Current Employee), Saint Johns, MIMay 4, 2015
best part of job is the customers. work with lots of friendly people, the cooler is a pain, but everything else is great. My boss is nice and they work around your schedule,
customer service
Assistant Manager (Current Employee), El Paso, TXApril 30, 2015
completing paperwork, payroll, ordering merchandise, weekly inventory, assisting customers at the register, working with cash, sweeping lot, cleaning bathroom, cleaning pumps, stocking and front facing merchandise, maintaining the overall look of the gas station.
Run Away
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Sanford, NCApril 28, 2015
Pros: NONE
Cons: ALL
I worked for the store in Sanford, NC to a manager who was woefully incompetent and a district manager that was simply a monster to deal with. The company touts Integrity and Respect unfortunately in my experience the people in management for the most part lack both. There is advancement opportunities in that the attrition rate is sky high in this company. Proceed at your own peril but knowing what I know now I wish I had worked else where.
Great work place
Store Manager (Current Employee), Montgomery, ALApril 23, 2015
Pros: Great customers
Cons: NO breaks
Long hours lots of great customers that make my day. Store manager 12 employees, The hours are sometimes more than I want but overall a great place to work.
No breaks, lunches, or help
Store Manager (Current Employee), kyApril 23, 2015
Pros: Monthly bonuses based on store performance.
Cons: zero breaks, no help, held responsible for every aspect of store operations.
Murphy usa will not give you breaks or lunches for your required 10 hour shifts. Expect 8 hours of every day to be running a busy store completely by yourself while still being responsible for running the store. Ordering, stocking, seeking credits, hiring firing and coaching. (coaching have to be done after your 10 hours of work already completed that day or on your day off unless you're lucky enough to have the hours to over lap with that employee and coach them then. If you're desperate for a job that pays more than 13 an hour you should apply, but I wouldn't apply for this job again.
Assistant Manager (Current Employee), Russellville, KYApril 23, 2015
Cons: No breaks guaranteed
The Murphy I work at is a good place to work. They always try to accommodate my schedule and I work with good people. I hate to leave but need something with set hours.
Friendly atmosphere
Manager (Former Employee), Tomah, WIApril 22, 2015
Pros: freindly atmosphere
Cons: station closed
Get to work and count the entire store, open the safe and count the cash and lottery do the deposit enter all this information into computer, wait on customers, clean whenever their wasn't anyone in the store from cleaning the pumps to cleaning the bathroom, stocking the shelves and getting the cash drawer ready for the next shift, checking in inventory, pricing it and putting it away. The girls I worked with were great people. The hardest part of the job was when the station closed. The customers were the most enjoyable part of the job.
fun place to work,great public relations
Retail manager (Former Employee), louisville kyApril 22, 2015
Pros: manager bonus, love the public interaction, great benefits
Cons: no set schedule, always on call
do gas survey, get to store input competitors prices in comp., do inventory counts on tabbacco and store. open up the days sales and close out the day before sales. email all work to the home office, open store ,check all pumps and nozzles, inspect the lot, start the day selling gas and merchandise.
Growing Fuel Retail Business
Procurement Contracts Analyst (Current Employee), El Dorado, ARApril 21, 2015
A lot of opportunity to help the company grow in the fuel retail world to be a leader in their industry. Company is currently at 1268 locations and growing at 60-90 sites per year.
Slave drivers
Cashier (Former Employee), Nashville, ARApril 20, 2015
Pros: None
Cons: Too many to name
I only work here because I need a job. I have worked in customer service for many years, but the customers who come here are absolutely ridiculous, not to mention rude. I have a thick skin, you have to in order to work here, but more than a few times I've literally been brought to tears, not because I'm weak, but because I was two seconds from putting my hands on some of those people. They curse at you, degrade you, speak to you as if your stupid...and management does nothing other than say deal wit it, basically. You work long hours and get no break and there is too much work for just one person to do, especially if you're the closer. I would never recommend this job to anyone unless like me, you have no other option. I literally start counting how many dreadful hours I have ot be there as soon as I hit the clock until my shift is over.
fun work environment
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee), Odessa, TXApril 14, 2015
a typical day at work is fun. i learned that there is more to fuel sales than meet the eyes. management was fun to be around.
Great work environment
Assistant Manager (Current Employee), Huntsville, TXApril 13, 2015
I enjoy working for this organization! I have gained a lot of experience in sales, management, and customer service. I have been with the company for almost two years.
Reaching out to others that need help
Gas Station Cashier (Former Employee), Enterprise, ALApril 9, 2015
Pros: Pay Rates
Cons: NO breaks
This job was more than frustrating, I had to deal with rude belligerent thieving customers. I have had to deal with drive offs with gas and people trying to steal product from the window box where i worked at. this place is over rated.
no breaks
Cashier (Former Employee), Alice, TXApril 6, 2015
unfair treatment lots of favoritism only good thing is pay very busy so you must be on your toes speaking of feet you stand for about 7-8 not allowed to sit.

1 2 3 4 5

About Murphy Oil Corporation

Murphy Oil Corporation (Murphy) is a worldwide oil and gas exploration and production company, with refining and marketing operations – Read more