Murphy Oil Corporation

Murphy Oil Corporation Employer Reviews

Productive workplace
Cashier (Former Employee), Smyrna, TNDecember 15, 2014
Definitely need to be able to multitask while working their. Was a very fun but overwhelming job site. I loved working with the employers and giving wonderful customer service and working with the customers.
poor work environment all around
Cashier (Current Employee), Pensacola, FLDecember 14, 2014
Pros: it's a job
Cons: no breaks, no discounts, no direction from management, everything
A typical work day at Murphy USA Oil would consist of being by yourself except for the first and last hour of your shift unless you're closing, then it's just the first hour. If you have a question about something that you weren't trained for you can call the management team but that doesn't mean they'll answer when you call so you're left to figure – more... it out on your own. No one communicates with each other even the management team, so if we're out of something you have to take 15 minutes to look for something that we don't even have. A typical work day also includes being cursed at and degraded by the customers. Management rarely shows you how to do anything. They automatically assume that the employees know how to do everything, and when you do something wrong they cut your hours which we are only allowed to work part time so that's less that 25 hours a week. I rarely see my coworkers. The hardest part of my job is trying to get all my outside work done while helping customers and doing my inside work all by myself. The most enjoyable part of my job is when i get off. – less
Avoid at all costs!
Cashier (Former Employee), Jonesboro, ARDecember 9, 2014
Pros: usually starts a little more than minimum wage.
Cons: too many to list, look above...
Terrible management. Not room for advancement. Sexist in the NE Arkansas area. All women management with no experience. Water in gas tanks. No help or support from corporate offices. Will never buy from Murphy ever again.

December 16, 2014

Both Murphy USA stores in Jonesboro need new managers. I just went by there and that lady was extremely rude. I could hear her screaming at the employee as I was walking up. Put on a fake smile when she saw me, asked what I needed and I answered and when I asked for a receipt she seemed to get irritated. The new one on Parker has the old manager from the one on Highland, she sure ain't no better! I had high hopes for the manager on Highland but you can tell she's not gonna make it either. They had a very nice young man there for a while but haven't seen him lately. They never keep any good employees.

love this job
Assistant Manager (Current Employee), Atlanta, GADecember 9, 2014
been here for over 3 years my first job in Montgomery love this company a lot.
Great Pay with Commission - Lousy upper-level management
Store Manager (Former Employee), Bristol, TNDecember 9, 2014
Pros: pay, commission, working with public
Cons: corporate management doesn't allow sufficient labor hours to run a store most effectively, upper-level (above store level) management often treats managers poorly.
Recruited, hired, trained, and developed employees.
Managed the overall daily store operations
All aspects of cashier duties
Daily and other sales reconciliation reporting
General maintenance of gas pumps
Maintain environmental guidelines and documentation
Control cash, lottery, inventory, and shrink levels
Reconcile store cash/check deposits
This job is good if you are desperate for money
Cashier (Former Employee), Jacksonville FloridaDecember 9, 2014
Pros: at least i work in a express, pay is okay
Cons: no breaks, low to none benefit, little room for advancement
This job have very little room for advancement.Always 1 store manager and 2 assist manager. Cashier is expendable, you can get a write up for basely anything. The job security in this job is low and the benefit is almost none if you just starting out. How the pay decent and fair but it barely cover cost of gas to go to work. You do get no break at all – more... . Even state required breaks however murphy goes around it somehow. There is very little room for advancement in this job. Been there over 1 year and I make the same as the new girl. This company do pay above minunum wage but the 25 hour per week rule make me want to find a new job. – less
typical day at work
Cashier/ class c operator (Current Employee), Ripley, TNNovember 11, 2014
Pros: no break
Cons: rude people
I enjoy my time at work because it is fast pace and I get to meet new people and see alot of my retuning customers atleast 2 times a day.
Awful place/ no supportave management
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Zanesville, OHNovember 9, 2014
Pros: work by your self
Cons: just listed a few
Terrible place to work. no breaks, no lunch, and no where to sit down for 6-8 hrs. You have to always up sell. If you don't know what to do it is too bad or figure it out with customers calling you all kinds of names.
Wheres your heart at
Assistant Manager (Current Employee), Austin, TXNovember 6, 2014
Pros: good pay
Cons: not able to move up
Great place to work not good if you want to move up. Nice faculty
Love to interact with my regulars
Head Cashier (Current Employee), Houston, TXNovember 2, 2014
Cons: no clocking out for lunch and no breaks, no medical benefits for part time employees
A typical day at work consists of food preparation, checking out customers, selling of lotto tickets and tobacco products. Recovery of the store, stocking and re-stocking of items in store including beer cooler and facing.
Room for Advancement
Cashier (Current Employee), Antioch, TNNovember 2, 2014
Easy job, you just deal with a lot of different personalities. You have to learn to be quick and efficient if you aren't already. All in all, a fantastic company to work with.
Think Twice Before You Apply
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Denver, NCNovember 1, 2014
Pros: interacting with customers, salary, fast paced
Cons: no breaks, on your feet your entire shift, have to upsell on a daily basis, work schedule never consistant, due to obama care law cashiers are only allowed to work 25-29hrs/wk
The job itself is very easy, fast paced, and fun to interact with regular customers. However, the management style of the store manager made the job environment very hostile and stressful. Unless you possess a strong personality and are one of those people that can stand up for yourself, I do not encourage you to apply.
Fast pace enviroment
Manager (Former Employee), Lake City, FLOctober 30, 2014
Cons: there are no breaks at all with this type of work place
Murphy's was a great place to work, it kept you on your toes as you always had something to do. It was extremely fast pace with the amount of customer base they had. Plenty of room for ooportunity
company plus the customer
(Overnight) assistant Manager (Current Employee), Austin, TXOctober 26, 2014
Pros: valued working with good people
Cons: company cares about clients than team members
good benefits, great team to work with pay is balanced from what I've seen from competitors. Don't like the environment of customer on site
Good Job with a lot of advancement opportunies
Cashier (Former Employee), Niceville, FLOctober 25, 2014
Pros: advancement
Cons: hard on feet
Great customers and management. Very flexible shifts and good hours for a second job. Great pay and always receive raises
A fun place to work and learn the retail industry
Manager, Customer Service (Current Employee), Marianna, FLOctober 23, 2014
Pros: pay is great
Cons: managers are required to work long hours
the company as a whole is great. they are growing and striving to make improvements daily. Its has been a pleasure to work for Murphy USA
Productive and fun with my co workers
Cashier (Current Employee), Socorro, TXOctober 18, 2014
At Murphy, you tend to grow into a family with all other employees which makes the job easy working together, helping, and looking after one another just amazing. At times you will step into some difficulties since you are in a wide open community, dealing with the possibilities of robbers. Safety is enforced and everyday is a day of being cautious.
I was from the Top 10%, they have sent me and my wife to Dominican republic to enjoy for five days
CUSTOMER SERVICE (Former Employee), Houston, TXOctober 18, 2014
worked there for 7 years , enjoyed working with my co workers, and also with my customers,
Hardest part of my work is to schedule some body when someone does not showup, as we have only one person to work at a time.
Gas station assistant manager
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee), Ozark, MissouriOctober 13, 2014
I began working at Murphy USA as a cashier, but within six months, I was promoted to assistant manager. I enjoyed to job, as I am a people person, and it was different everyday. I learned how to manage for profit for the company and how to order inventory by reading report sheets of how much was sold previously. After a time, I took over as temporary – more... store manager of two different stores while new managers were being trained for the position. It was a very good learning experience, because the stores were not doing so well at the time. One of the stores in particular was back into the profit margins they should have been in within a month after I took over. – less
Unless your desperate do not work there!
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee), Columbus, INOctober 11, 2014
Pros: pay
Cons: no breaks, no lunches, no fridge, no microwave, treats past employees like garbage, treats customers like garbage, disrespectful to employees, more work to do then time
The manager in Columbus indiana is crazy!!! treats customer like dirt..and doesn't follow the rules and regulations and blames it on other employees... Makes you feel like garbage almost everyday. Most definitely steals from the company.

1 2 3 4 5

About Murphy Oil Corporation

Murphy Oil Corporation (Murphy) is a worldwide oil and gas exploration and production company, with refining and marketing operations – Read more