Murphy Oil Corporation Employee Reviews

very face paced job and great atmosphere
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Saraland, ALSeptember 17, 2017
I loved my job at Murphy and never had any issues at all with anything. Time always passed by quickly and the job was always easy to have everything completed in a timely manner.
Due to the nature of oporation, lunch breaks were never permitted (meals were eaten outside of scheduled shifts).
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Yukon, OKAugust 29, 2017
Experience with repeat customers was great, managers tending to subordinates needs, exhibiting responsibility of tobacco sales but lack of breaks were only negative side.
Pros
Hours and benefits
Cons
Breaks in between customers
Enjoyed the company pot luck lunch
EMSI Process Plant Technician (Former Employee) –  Chalmette, LAAugust 24, 2017
There was not enough diversity at this job. You had to be one of the guys to get the good shifts. Very few people of color ,very few women.I enjoyed being apart of the bigger picture.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Greenwood, INAugust 5, 2017
It was an alright environment to work, stayed pretty busy with a diverse customer atmosphere. The manager could use a class or two for constructive criticism.
Great place to work needs more room to grow
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Galveston, TXJuly 31, 2017
I love the rapport that I have built with my customers and familiarity that I have based upon my customers as indiviuals. Work days as in any job can be hectic but to see a happy customer return due to your pleasant attitude and willingness to serve and exceed expectations. I truly enjoy my job but have much desire to move up in the company.
Pros
Great atmosphere
Cons
N/a
High volume sales, fast pace but fulfilling.
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNJuly 28, 2017
Days were somewhat routine but always expect the unexpected. I learned how to multi-task. Hardest part of job was dealing with theft. People were great !
Pros
Great bonuses
Cons
Dealing with drive-offs.
temp not to hire
Temp Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 19, 2017
Worked as a temp for 2 years - enjoyed working at Murphy and liked management and co-workers. However, HR would not consider me for full time employment.
Very busy store, very fast advancement to those eager to learn
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJuly 13, 2017
I went from cashier to an assistant manager in just 4 months. I had to learn a lot in a very little amount of time, but it was doable. The huge setback for me was the fact that the store was open 24 hours a day, that meant that if there was a problem overnight, or if 3rd shift was late or a no-call/no-show, I had to come in the middle of the night and take over. Even if that meant I had a double shift coming up at 5am. I felt left behind a lot. Other than that, Murphy's a good and fair workplace.
its ok
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Meridian, MSJune 24, 2017
the job was fine the manger sucked. she was not understanding there was a lot of favoritism going on and i could not get with that at all so i left.....................
Perfect 1st time job
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Cartersville, GAJune 13, 2017
I recommend this job to anyone just starting out with work. I enjoyed learning my customer service skills, which I am very proud of now! I also learned responsibility and the true value of a dollar.
Good job
Cashier (Current Employee) –  North Little Rock, ARJune 6, 2017
Great place to work. But i want more... I dont feel safe. A bunch of crazies come into the store and i was told that i just have to deal with it. I witnessed my employee get physically attacked and when i asked what should we do in that situation i was told to smile and thank them and tell them to come back. I had a guy whom ive had a restraining order placed on come in and got written up for telling him to leave.
This job taught me how to manage a gas company
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Harker Heights, TXJune 5, 2017
Management was great they showed me how to do inventory and payroll. I also learned how to count deposits and do schedules. The hardest part of the job was dealing with customers who steal gas and merchandise. The best part of the job was being able to manage employees. A typical day was a learning one, I must say no day was the same.
Pros
I nade great money and was offered my own store at one time
Cons
customers who always were stealing
great workplace
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Waynesboro, MSJune 4, 2017
great company to work for
very organized company
pays very good
positive place to work for
positive environment
clean and professional atmosphere
positive role models
Poor Pay, few breaks
Store Attendant (Current Employee) –  Lebanon, KYJune 1, 2017
Pay is low, but my manager is enjoyable. Some assistant managers are underqualified. Breaks are unlikely. Thirty minute lunch breaks are deducted from shift pay, but are not available to be taken. You may eat on the job, but are not given an actual lunch break, despite having your pay deducted as if you were taking one anyway.
Cons
No breaks, poor pay
Gas Station
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Clio, MIMay 23, 2017
Typical day at work included greeting customers and running the cash register. Management was wonderful to me. The hardest part of the job was working alone some nights.
Great boss
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Moncks Corner, SCMay 15, 2017
I loved this job my co workers were great and I loved my boss. She did everything like all the other employees. She worked doubles just like the rest of us.
Gas Station
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Cordova, TNMay 5, 2017
It was as good as working at a gas station could be. Good management, competent employees. . . Not a difficult job at all, but also not much room for advancement.
Friendly team?
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Paris, ILApril 30, 2017
Constantly cleaning and stocking. To watch pumps at all times is the best part yet stressful. Friendly customers made it worth staying at odd hours each day
Pros
Paycheck
Cons
No breaks
Murphy USA
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Mena, ARApril 12, 2017
My experience with Murphy USA was very rewarding. I was able to take in a lot of personal self building skills, along with career skills as well. Management and how the managers handle their assistants and cashiers could defiantly seek improvement in my personal experience, but over all i enjoyed working for this company and made a lot of life long friends!
production and management
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Dalton, GAApril 12, 2017
Most enjoyable part was being treated like family. Great atmosphere with the boss and employees. Best place I have worked for in Management. Would do all over again.
Pros
employees and boss
Cons
no set breaks

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Murphy Oil Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9