Murphy Oil Corporation

Murphy Oil Corporation Employer Reviews

Horrible
Cashier (Former Employee), Muncie, INJanuary 28, 2015
Cons: everything
This was one of the worst jobs I have ever had! The current manager is untrustworthy, devious, and a liar. She will go behind your back and tell other employees things about you and make stuff up as well. This place was awful overall as a job mainly because of the lack of management caring and experience! I would not recommend this place to anyone ever!
multitask in small space
cashier (Former Employee), huntsville, alJanuary 28, 2015
Pros: u r employed
Cons: standing, politics
this location is a kiosk and not the full store. they go through several managers and assistant managers. you have to stand your entire shift,do not get lunch breaks etc. the standing with small range of movement within kiosk can cause your limbs to be stiff if u work consecutive days.your shift changes frequently even with your availability being known.this is a busy location as oppose to some of the other locations.
Nice place to work face paced
Cashier (Current Employee), White House, TNJanuary 26, 2015
cashier so you wait on customers faced paced but easy for energetic person that loves people. My Co-workers were exceptional. Going to work was enjoyable the customers you get to know them after a while coming into to the store
Not a good work enviornment
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Kirksville, MoJanuary 26, 2015
Pros: easy work
Cons: no breaks, horrible management, and either too long a shift or not long enough.
I worked here for a short while but I would not suggest this job to anyone. You have to either work incredibly long hours without a break, alone in a small box or quite short hours. Management is horrible. They have people working for them that treat their employees, like they are beneath them. You can get written up from every little action and you are not trained properly. So no matter how experienced you are if you forget to do one little thing during your shift your written up for it. This includes forgetting to front face every single item before you close.
There are no warnings. They also expect you to do everything by yourself because management does not even take out their own trash from their shift. The customers are not too bad but some can either be extremely rude or try to tell you how to do your job. If you like working by yourself and don't mind having to risk every day wondering if your going to get written up, then the job will probably be alright for you. Otherwise I would just pass this one up and look for another gas station where you can at least talk to your fellow employees and not be expected to get large amounts of work done either completely by yourself in too long of an amount of time or in a very short amount of time.
Great and easy part-time job
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Moulton, ALJanuary 24, 2015
Working on the lumberyard at Marvin's is a great part-time job for anybody looking to gain experience in customer service, inventory management, and team work.
A typical day at work
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Lexington SCJanuary 22, 2015
Pros: no clocking out for lunch
Cons: no benifits
A typical day at work for me is assisting customers with their purchases as well as cleaning, stocking and maintain the sales floor. I have to make sure that the store is ready to open for the next morning.
fun place to work
Sales Manager (Former Employee), Port Saint Lucie, FLJanuary 22, 2015
Pros: good atmosphere
Murphy Usa offers benefits to all employees full or part tim. Holiday pay as well. Flexible schedules for students. Training programs in place. Advancement possible. Bonus incentives. Murphys runs contest where every employee is able to win.
it's a job
Sr. Instrument Technician (Former Employee), Houston, TXJanuary 22, 2015
They expect you to work with all crafts. they preach safety but it's always production first. they are slow to promote and do not give praise when deserved. the guys you work with is the only reason I stayed as long as I did. it is hard to stay at work for 14 days but it is nice to have 14 days off.
Gas station
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Fremont, MIJanuary 21, 2015
Pros: the people
Cons: the rest of it
Tiny, cramped space, terrible management, and they ask too much of one person.
My experience at Murphy oil.
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee), Port Saint Lucie, FLJanuary 20, 2015
Pros: good customers
Cons: irate customers
The customers were great. Management not so reachable. There was never enough employees so I'd be the lucky one who would open and close. There was nothing bad about the job but the management was not good. There was a manager whom hired me and two weeks later never saw her again. For the next year it was an assistant manager and myself doing most of the work, That is what finally drove me to quit and go to Hess,
STAY AWAY
cashier (Former Employee), TexasJanuary 19, 2015
Pros: register work is easy
Cons: can't sit down, run back and forth for 10 hours, literally everything else
There;s something seriously wrong with this place. I was trained for 2 days and then left alone. They expect you to know how to do everything and to answer every customer's question. Hours were way too grueling with no break. It's a job for 2 people and they pretend that 1 person can do it.

Management is completely clueless. By now they treat you like you're going to quit because they know the position is such a joke. In my town, I've seen that they're hiring every couple of weeks. That means that someone gets hired on and quits within a month. Myself included. Unless you hate yourself, look elsewhere. Making $300 for all the idiotic things you have to do is not worth it.
Great place to work....not just collect a paycheck
Cashier (Current Employee), TennesseeJanuary 12, 2015
Pros: more than fair wage for job duties
Cons: only part time unless you get into a management position
IF you are fast paced, friendly and HARD working this is a great job. IF you are only looking to do the bare minimum and think you can just pass off your share to the next co-worker, you wont last!

Moving up in the company is possible but keep your driving record CLEAN!

Only plan on 25 hours or less per week. Great if you need a flexible schedule but be up front before being hired. Once you say you are available anytime you will be expected to be!

Long and short of it is if you are willing to WORK and are HONEST you will LOVE this company!
Fun workplace
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Foley, ALJanuary 4, 2015
Pros: fast paced
Cons: insurance is not the best and expensive
I loved working here. I am a huge people person and I looked forward to seeing new faces everyday, along with my fantastic regulars. I enjoyed the fast pace that the job had...hardly ever a slow time. The work environment was always fun and entertaining. Most co-workers were great to be around, with great attitudes. Often times, there is only one employee on duty, so its like working for yourself...another plus.
Murphy Oil
District Manager (Former Employee), Greenville SCJanuary 3, 2015
I ran 14 stores in three states and got to learn the gas industry. Not as different as you may think from the restaurant industry.
Very challenging ,having various contest amoung districts
Manager of Operations (Former Employee), Martinsville, INJanuary 2, 2015
Pros: always acknowledging your improvements, and making things a contest, with awards. definately let employees know their appreciation for a job well done
Cons: messing up commission, never a resting moment for managers, even days off, or vacations, constantly changing things
It was always a new challenge fun and exciting for the most part. I enjoyed meeting new people and learning new things on a daily basis.
Great Management experience
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Marshfield, MO 65706December 28, 2014
Pros: experience in management
Cons: being yelled at simply because of my employment
A typical day at work was chaotic and very fast paced but I loved it. I learned how to become a great Assistant Manager from the best manager I have ever had. My manager was pretty tough because she had to be, the company set some pretty high goals for the overall stores to meet. I trained most of my co-workers and I seen a lot of them go because this job is not for everyone. The hardest part of this job was being cussed out by customers because our gas or cigarette prices were too high. It was a constant battle because convenient stores for some reason are a lot of people's one stop shop for gas, cigarettes and unloading their anger. This is the place I grew up and realized just how different people are and no matter how bad it got it was very important to hold my head high and keep smiling. The most enjoyable part was the gratitude from my customers and management. It was very seldom that the good out weighed the bad but when it did it was a good day.
A good place to work up until Obama care
Keyholder (Former Employee), Lancaster, SCDecember 22, 2014
Pros: free soda
Cons: hours cut
Went from 40 hours a week down to 15. Cant support a family on that.
Productive workplace
Cashier (Former Employee), Smyrna, TNDecember 15, 2014
Definitely need to be able to multitask while working their. Was a very fun but overwhelming job site. I loved working with the employers and giving wonderful customer service and working with the customers.
poor work environment all around
Cashier (Current Employee), Pensacola, FLDecember 14, 2014
Pros: it's a job
Cons: no breaks, no discounts, no direction from management, everything
A typical work day at Murphy USA Oil would consist of being by yourself except for the first and last hour of your shift unless you're closing, then it's just the first hour. If you have a question about something that you weren't trained for you can call the management team but that doesn't mean they'll answer when you call so you're left to figure it out on your own. No one communicates with each other even the management team, so if we're out of something you have to take 15 minutes to look for something that we don't even have. A typical work day also includes being cursed at and degraded by the customers. Management rarely shows you how to do anything. They automatically assume that the employees know how to do everything, and when you do something wrong they cut your hours which we are only allowed to work part time so that's less that 25 hours a week. I rarely see my coworkers. The hardest part of my job is trying to get all my outside work done while helping customers and doing my inside work all by myself. The most enjoyable part of my job is when i get off.
Avoid at all costs!
Cashier (Former Employee), Jonesboro, ARDecember 9, 2014
Pros: usually starts a little more than minimum wage.
Cons: too many to list, look above...
Terrible management. Not room for advancement. Sexist in the NE Arkansas area. All women management with no experience. Water in gas tanks. No help or support from corporate offices. Will never buy from Murphy ever again.

December 16, 2014

Both Murphy USA stores in Jonesboro need new managers. I just went by there and that lady was extremely rude. I could hear her screaming at the employee as I was walking up. Put on a fake smile when she saw me, asked what I needed and I answered and when I asked for a receipt she seemed to get irritated. The new one on Parker has the old manager from the one on Highland, she sure ain't no better! I had high hopes for the manager on Highland but you can tell she's not gonna make it either. They had a very nice young man there for a while but haven't seen him lately. They never keep any good employees.

1 2 3 4 5

About Murphy Oil Corporation

Murphy Oil Corporation (Murphy) is a worldwide oil and gas exploration and production company, with refining and marketing operations – Read more