Murphy Oil Corporation

Murphy Oil Corporation Employee Reviews

No benefits
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Bemidji, MN 56601September 12, 2016
Cashiers are not able to be full time, and cannot receive benefits. Always work alone, low pay. No breaks. Hardest part of the job is getting in the cooler to stock the drinks. Best part is meeting the customers.
Cons
work alone
good review
ASSISTANT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Biloxi, MSSeptember 6, 2016
Managing other employees, ordering needed goods , inventory of all products, daily deposits. I learned a lot such as my management skills how to do daily deposits
Pros
interacting wih customers
Cons
safety
Good for something temporary
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Liberty, TXSeptember 5, 2016
The manager made it clear when I asked if I worked there long enough if there was a chance of moving up
The current embloyees are useless minus a few of them the manager is bipolar so be prepared to get yelled at for things other people did wrong even if you were off that day
Pros
The pay is on time
Cons
Manager is bipolar half the people there do not do their job
Great company to work for..
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Morristown, TNSeptember 2, 2016
Love the people i work with.. Makes going to work even more fun.. Plenty of room to move up in company.. Love the fast pace..
Pros
Contest
Cons
Healthcare
Energetic and fun place
SAP - Functional Analyst - PRA/JVA/FI (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 30, 2016
A fun place with high integrity and respect to each other.
Employees are dedicated and committed to their work. They are always willing to share the work of other colleague in case of an emergency
Worst company to work for, period.
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Lexington, SCAugust 29, 2016
This is the absolute worst company to work for. I was hired as an assistant and the schedule is up and down so therefore you have no life. The management is lazy and you do their job while they sit in the office. Go to the upper management and it gets swept under the rug. I literally have pictures of the filth and mold on the icee Machines where they never clean them. I've never worked for such a horrible company.
Pros
None at all
Cons
Everything about this company
Customer oriented
Certified Training Manager (Former Employee) –  ArkansasAugust 29, 2016
Employed there for over 13 years. Started out being very good job. In my case ended up traveling and being away from home more than 50 percent of time. They paid very well. If not for all the traveling would still be there. Company has went through many changes in my time there. But would still say that it is one of the better convenience stores to work at. My time there extra layers of management were added. Constantly changing district managers. I had 8 in my time there. Good place to work as Management or cashier. Just stay away from being a training manager unless you want to travel extensively.
Pros
Great pay
Cons
Travel
decent pay no hours unfair one man show
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Lewisburg, TNAugust 28, 2016
Pay is ok.but hours are not enough to add up to a decent size pay check. Favortisum is a huge problem at the lewisburg location. No breaks no lunches. One man show when you are there working.are repeativaly told to things that managment would never do. Used and abused
Pros
great at working with schedules
Cons
no hours and favortisium
low rated place with many homeless on apalachee pkwy
Closing Cashier (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLAugust 26, 2016
over crowded. things worn out or falling apart
high turn over rate
doors do not lock properly
machines and coolers in disrepair
homeless live by and made it hard to keep things clean
run down location
upper management never stopped by
outdated cigarettes
a hassle to use bathroom that was unable to lock to
prevent occupancy of dirty homeless

this place is a rat hole and company doesn't or has not since I was let go ever upgraded anything
Pros
lots of business
Cons
homeless consistantly bothering customers
Great Opportunity!
Invoice Analyst (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 15, 2016
I learned a lot at Murphy Oil Corporation. My co-workers were very helpful and nice people. The hardest part of the job was the workload, almost all of 9 hr day shift was spent sitting and performing tasks. The most enjoyable part of the job was resolving problems, been good at what one does.

Want to know more about Murphy Oil Corporation?

Ask a question
Murphy Oil Company
Internet Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Haines City, FLAugust 14, 2016
This company cut pay, doesn't give seasoned employees advancement in the company, high turn over rate, long hours, low pay

This company does train you and the trainer is very knowledgeable of his training curriculum.
Pros
Cons
Long Hours Low Pay
Awful place to work!
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Whitehall, OHAugust 12, 2016
The Whitehall, Ohio location is terrible! Management doesn't care about how many hours you can work. Signed up for part time, was scheduled full time every week. Management refused to let me have any holidays off, even when I said I couldn't work, because management wanted that holiday off. Management installed microphones and cameras and used them to listen in on employees...would receive a phone call about talking behind the register. The bathroom is outside and you have to walk around a dark building at night to get to it. Customers don't need a key for the restroom, so it is always trashed. People did illegal activity in the restroom. Toilet was clogged almost every day. One time, someone emptied a litter box into the toilet, I was on an 8 hour shift and was told to relieve myself in a bucket in the supply closet during my shift because they couldn't get a plumber there until the next day. Management installed awful door alarms that went off every time someone opened the door. The sound was deafening and annoying...the customers even complained. Management left all duties to employees and spent most of their time away from the store. Don't work here even if it's the last job on earth!
If you want your life to be JUST Murphy, then apply
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Russellville, ALAugust 9, 2016
Turnover rate for cashiers is horrible. They are underpaid for what is required of them. Being the Store Manager, I was constanly on the register. The DM took the chair we had and said there is no sitting and you would have to hunch over or sit on your knees to do schedules, reports. . The DM demands all these things done, but does not give the time and if you do something wrong or not to their standards, they will yell and degrade you on the phone. And the emails you receive are just as insulting. When you are graded,which will determine your raise, the DM will give bad scoring and will tell you this will effect your raise and forgets what it is like to run a store. They do not care about your crew, family life, being sick.
The worse place to be at .. Your job is constantly threatened. As a Store Manager you make good money, but being threatened you never know if you'll have a job. Otherwise don't go buy nice things because you might not have a job to afford them.
The DM makes people feel worthless and I swear she does it in purpose.
This job will change a person. It is so stressful!!!! Save yourself the pain and don't do it. Unless you want to work 50 hours a week, on your feet the whole time, never having help, still getting calls from employees and DM even when you're off, oh and only getting paid for 80 hours instead of the 100 you're required to work!!
Pros
Customers
Cons
DM, upper management does not care, overturn, no help to get duties done
Nice place to work
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Savannah, GAAugust 8, 2016
This is nice company to work for, but the pay is not good. The manager is nice and flexible. I enjoyed working for this company.
Pros
Friendly, flexible, and room for growth
Cons
NO breaks and bad pay
Great colleagues and work environment
Deepwater Drilling Supervisor (Former Employee) –  MalaysiaJuly 28, 2016
Develop 24 slot Dry Tree Unit Spar
Drill & Complete with Tender Assist Drilling Unit.
Drill from spud to TD, horizontal & highly deviated wells
Drilling fluids consist of LTOBM, Warp w/ PST, Completions brines.
Used Manage Pressure drilling equipment in 3rd phase of development.
Install drilling riser and all production risers w/ drilling & production tensioners
Assistant Manager
ASSISTANT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Brownwood, TXJuly 20, 2016
I got hired in as Assistant Manager. I loved this job the hours i worked were a little rough at the time but i managed just fine. I got terminated at this job because I had a shortage and it was on a gas drive off. but other than that i really did like the job. I was a supervisor I was also a cashier I maintained the store and did the paper work. Most important was customer service.
Defined structure and promote ability..
System Administrator (Former Employee) –  El Dorado, ARJuly 14, 2016
Learned a lot by attending several Microsoft classes.
Structured management and process for advancement.
Great people to work with.
Learned how applications interface with each other.
Pros
Established company
Murphy Oil Corporation good company to work for
Senior Network Engineer (Former Employee) –  El Dorado, ARJuly 13, 2016
balance load of work volume
company pay good for training
management good
co-workers are great
job slow growing
fun to support many different teams
A drag of a place to work. Everyday is the same.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJuly 11, 2016
My experience working here was frustrating. The store I was hired at has a continuous problem keeping its employees, managers and cashiers. My first few months there was horrible: the stockroom a mess to the point we did not know where anything was or what we had in stock. Also, the only manger they had at this store was the assistant that was completely careless and barely worked. We had to keep bringing in other managers from surrounding stores to fill in and they were sometimes mean and rude, which is why I'm no longer employed here. The pay is low but they expect a lot from its employees.
Pros
Meeting and forming relationships with customers.
Cons
low pay, terrible policies, and no perks!
Modern day slavery!
System Analyst (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 4, 2016
I have about 19 years of experience in the Oil & Gas Industry. I happened to work for this company in the Houston corporate office as a System Analyst for about one year. So far this was my worst experience in my professional career.

Although it is a public company, it is still managed as a family owned business. Managers do their best to squeeze the blood and sweat out of employees. I had about 4 weeks of vacation in my employment contract. I was only allowed to take one week in the year 2015 with no compensation for my unpaid vacation. Work hours extend to nights regularly and most of the weekends. Managers use you as a slave resource and have no respect of your private time. This not limited to few managers, but a company wide culture.

There is zero scope of learning an advancing in your career, as you are expected to do your job without asking any questions. Senior managers are not knowledgeable and play lots of politics at an expense of employees personal time.They will never give credit for your good work but focus on projecting everything good as their own idea but everything bad as the fault of lower employees.

Murphy is all about getting more out employees for less. Run and don't walk if you are thinking of applying a position for this company. I resigned finally as I was able to find a new job as I was waiting to get out of this place.
Pros
Cons
Long working hours without any compensation, No chance of upward movement.

2.9