Murphy Oil Corporation

Murphy Oil Corporation Employer Reviews

I was a cashier working with customer
Cashier (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAMarch 3, 2015
I was a cashier at murphy oil corporation my enjoyable days are when the manager tell us upsell and winer will get a reword from the corporation and 2012 our store come second for the holl USA but again to dell with customer is very hard
Awful Experience at Marysville Ohio Murphys 7309
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Marysville OhioFebruary 27, 2015
Cons: many
I was the Assistant Manager in late 2014 into 2015. I was hired in on the heels of 3 prior employees and management walking out of the location.One manager tired of districts crude behavior. The store was borrowing employees from other stores to keep it running and had a manager from a Whitehall store coming onsite after she trained her currents store employee to manage that location. Me and the other assistant were basically thrown in and ran the company on a prayer for months and calling other stores for proper procedure.. One time flagging down a pepsi truck because we were out of product prior to the managements arrival. Not having proper stock seemed a problem.lol ,Once the management arrived she then took about 3 weeks of vacation leaving us again with not a lot of structure and training.I was on the job for 5 months knowing i had no stability or future there. The store has a proven high turnover of employees. It was a free for all.District management is crude and aggressive and has a history of running off employees. Current management just wasn't customer service oriented and detailed and could care less about the employees. Work environment became hostile because of the daily frustrations.Job security is not at this location. A career is not at this location. It's a waist of time.Communication between management and employees and corporate is non existent. I had payroll issues the entire time i was employed. Murphys in whole may be a good company. But this location as a whole is an awful place to work. Two of us left Murphys employ within days of one another in February 2015.
not a good company to work for
Assistant District Manager (Current Employee), Fort Smith, ARFebruary 26, 2015
Cons: all
this is a blood sucking company ran by the she devil anti Christ. would be good if they terminate every higher up and promote good workers
Flexible hours, not much else going for it
Cashier (Former Employee), TexasFebruary 23, 2015
Pros: flexible hours, super easy job to learn
Cons: management, lots of standing
You must have a thick skin and cool head when it comes to dealing with other people, more than a few customers are absolute nut cases. Very similar to other cashier jobs, only you have a multitude of other small jobs (stocking, cleaning for the most part) since you're the only one there. Pays a little better rate ($8.25 - $9.00) than most cashier jobs, but with fewer hours. Lots of standing. Management was horrendous were I was at, although the coworkers were fun.
Good environment
Sales Representative and Cashier (Current Employee), Conway, ARFebruary 20, 2015
It is a self motivating place to work at. I have ultimately learned a lot about the gas industry. I have expanded on customer service skills.
I learned alot
Store Manager (Former Employee), Bay City, TXFebruary 10, 2015
I enjoyed my job and my customers but I feel that numbers and contests are more important than employees and customers, I had good and supportive employees.
The customers at the Ben White location were awesome.
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Austin, TXFebruary 9, 2015
Pros: bonuses on up selling
Cons: having to work doubles when co workers called in
A typical day at this work place consisted of providing excellent and rapid customer service. I learned how to up sale without feeling uncomfortable. My co workers were very easy going and fun to work with. The hardest part of the job was trying to maintain my work schedule and school schedule. the most enjoyable part of the job was meeting the different customers that came through.
very productive work place. i love helping customs.
Cashier (Former Employee), jackson, msFebruary 9, 2015
very productive work place. i love helping customs. I learned new things as far as working registers and all. my coworkers were all around my age range and we got along perfectly fine. The hardest part of the job at first was learning all that came with it. But I know I can do anything I put my mind too.
Cashier
Cashier-Part-time (Current Employee), Indianola, MSFebruary 7, 2015
Pros: meeting different people
Cons: people stealing gas
Greet customers as they enter the store
Answer questions for customers
Ring up purchases and bag them
Take payment and give back change
Run credit and debit cards
Count money at beginning and end of shift, be responsible for the money balancing
Maintain the checkout area in a clean and orderly way
Process returns and exchanges
Resolve complaints customers have
Weigh items that are sold by weight
Cash checks for customers
Stock shelves, and mark prices on shelves and items.
Pay company bills by cash, vouchers, or checks.
Fast Flow
Assistant Manager (Current Employee), Tifton, GAFebruary 5, 2015
Pros: store meetings we would usually get a free lunch; which we dont get to take.
Cons: no family life, no breaks, no lunch breaks, no bathroom break
•a typical day at work- Very Fast-Pace
•what you learned- Management Skills
•management- Awesome Apportunity
•your co-workers- Great Co-Workers Mostly
•the hardest part of the job- No Family Life
•the most enjoyable part of the job- Helping Others
i sit at a desk
Support Center Agent-Duties (Current Employee), El Dorado, ARFebruary 2, 2015
A Typical day at work I mostly work with the field i help Manage Tickets i take calls and Help Store managers find Employees I help with the Hiring Process such as Paperwok and Drug screens and Background checks
Loved it
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Greer, SCJanuary 30, 2015
I loved my job as an assistant there. I worked 40+ hours and drove 2 hours a day, I was dedicated because I loved my customers
Conductive work place with multiple work related experiences
Assistant Manager (Current Employee), Eufaula, ALJanuary 29, 2015
Pros: $10.25/hr as an assistant manager
Cons: no lunch breaks, extreme tax deductions, carding people over 50 for tobacco, and unsafe working conditions.
A typical day at Murphy USA would usually consist of organizing products,tending to customers, maintaining work area, and delivering fast, friendly, and speedy service. Management is inconsiterate and tends to put most of the work off on employees but my co-workers were very friendly and always worked as a team to get the job done. The hardest part of the job was tolerating customers over the age of 50 curse you out about being I.D'ed for tobacco purchases. The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting new people.
Horrible
Cashier (Former Employee), Muncie, INJanuary 28, 2015
Cons: everything
This was one of the worst jobs I have ever had! The current manager is untrustworthy, devious, and a liar. She will go behind your back and tell other employees things about you and make stuff up as well. This place was awful overall as a job mainly because of the lack of management caring and experience! I would not recommend this place to anyone ever!
multitask in small space
cashier (Former Employee), huntsville, alJanuary 28, 2015
Pros: u r employed
Cons: standing, politics
this location is a kiosk and not the full store. they go through several managers and assistant managers. you have to stand your entire shift,do not get lunch breaks etc. the standing with small range of movement within kiosk can cause your limbs to be stiff if u work consecutive days.your shift changes frequently even with your availability being known.this is a busy location as oppose to some of the other locations.
Nice place to work face paced
Cashier (Current Employee), White House, TNJanuary 26, 2015
cashier so you wait on customers faced paced but easy for energetic person that loves people. My Co-workers were exceptional. Going to work was enjoyable the customers you get to know them after a while coming into to the store
Not a good work enviornment
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Kirksville, MoJanuary 26, 2015
Pros: easy work
Cons: no breaks, horrible management, and either too long a shift or not long enough.
I worked here for a short while but I would not suggest this job to anyone. You have to either work incredibly long hours without a break, alone in a small box or quite short hours. Management is horrible. They have people working for them that treat their employees, like they are beneath them. You can get written up from every little action and you are not trained properly. So no matter how experienced you are if you forget to do one little thing during your shift your written up for it. This includes forgetting to front face every single item before you close.
There are no warnings. They also expect you to do everything by yourself because management does not even take out their own trash from their shift. The customers are not too bad but some can either be extremely rude or try to tell you how to do your job. If you like working by yourself and don't mind having to risk every day wondering if your going to get written up, then the job will probably be alright for you. Otherwise I would just pass this one up and look for another gas station where you can at least talk to your fellow employees and not be expected to get large amounts of work done either completely by yourself in too long of an amount of time or in a very short amount of time.
Great and easy part-time job
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Moulton, ALJanuary 24, 2015
Working on the lumberyard at Marvin's is a great part-time job for anybody looking to gain experience in customer service, inventory management, and team work.
A typical day at work
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Lexington SCJanuary 22, 2015
Pros: no clocking out for lunch
Cons: no benifits
A typical day at work for me is assisting customers with their purchases as well as cleaning, stocking and maintain the sales floor. I have to make sure that the store is ready to open for the next morning.
fun place to work
Sales Manager (Former Employee), Port Saint Lucie, FLJanuary 22, 2015
Pros: good atmosphere
Murphy Usa offers benefits to all employees full or part tim. Holiday pay as well. Flexible schedules for students. Training programs in place. Advancement possible. Bonus incentives. Murphys runs contest where every employee is able to win.

1 2 3 4 5

About Murphy Oil Corporation

Murphy Oil Corporation (Murphy) is a worldwide oil and gas exploration and production company, with refining and marketing operations – Read more

Murphy Oil Corporation Salaries