Murray's Cheese Employee Reviews

Low expectations
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Bleeker StreetNovember 13, 2016
This job seemed pretty decent at first. I was hired on the spot. However, I should have known I wouldn't be there very long considering the staff on the first day pretty much gave me the scoop on the situation. The management here is in dyer need of improvement. They expect you to constantly be busy despite the fact that its painfully slow until the afternoon. There isn't much to do considering there's a person or manager for just about everything. The staff all seen lethargic and pretty much tired of being there. I think this job is great for high school kids. Not so much for adults with bills. Probably Top 5 worst jobs. Something is always in need of repair and they freak out if there are more than 2 people on line. They don't believe in having people wait although they don't have the proper technology to accomedate for the fast pace environment they try to create.
Pros
Cons
The discount sucks, nothing to do
En él área de trabajo ahí un ambiente familiar
Preaparation (Former Employee) –  Manhattan, NYOctober 28, 2016
Hay buenos compañeros de trabajos con supervisores muy flexibles pero ahí un nivel de competitividad negativa y eso no los deja avanzar mucho, les aconsejaría que sean más discretos en cuanto a la vida de cada empleado y que sean realistas !
Pros
Te ayudan con los estudios
Cons
Dan muy pocas horas
Fun place to work!
Fromager (Current Employee) –  Englewood, COApril 30, 2016
I really enjoyed working for Murray's. It was a great place to work and the job itself was fascinating and eventful. I took great pride in my work with the company.
Pros
Fun job. Great people.
Cons
Very family orientated work environment.
Maintenance/Porter (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 26, 2016
People work cohesively to help in other facets of the company. Such as completing assigned tasks and assisting another who may be struggling with their workload.
Pros
Discounts on lunch and cheese and wine classes
Cons
Short breaks and long hours
Great for foodies
Cheesemonger (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 2, 2015
While the company does not necessarily have a lot of room for advancement, it does provide amazing opportunities to learn about food. The employees all love food (a given, of course) and come from many walks of life, ranging from actors to academics.
Official response from Murray's Cheese
December 15, 2015

Hi Former Cheesemonger! We hate to hear that you don't see the opportunities for advancement because we have tons of opportunities! We'd love to hear from you directly and learn what we can do to share opportunities for advancement with you and anyone else that may feel the same way as you.

Nice, clean, respectable building
Staff - Picker/Packer (Former Employee) –  Long Island City, NYMarch 6, 2014
Productive atmosphere.
Gained knowledge of various cheeses
had Exceptional co-workers
Getting to work and enjoying my daily tasks
Pros
Free Lunch
Cons
Short breaks

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Murray's Cheese. Our community is ready to answer.

2.6