Murray-Calloway County Hospital Employee Reviews in United States

Established Home Health Agency
HOME HEALTH LIAISON (Former Employee) –  Murray, KYNovember 23, 2015
I started in this Home Health that was hospital owned as a field nurse. I then advanced to their Home Health Liaison position. This position included several different areas. I marketed to the community and to medical offices; I educated potential hospitalized patients and assessed for need of Home Health upon discharge; I worked closely with the hospital's discharge committee; I also reviewed and assessed reasons for re-hospitalizations and formulated plans with Home Health to avoid. I respected and was respected in the position that I held. The hardest part of the my job was knowing that patients who could/would benefit from Home Health at discharge did not go home with Home Health. The enjoyable part was seeing patients that did go home with Home Health succeed and improved.
na
Registration Clerk (Current Employee) –  Murray, KYApril 13, 2016
Its a great place to work. Coworkers are helpful and friendly, boss is amazing. hardest part is dealing with some of the public but that can also be the most enjoyable part as well
productive and fun
Certified Nurse Aide (Former Employee) –  Murray, KYMarch 29, 2016
days are busy. learn new things every day. management is fair. the people are nice. lifting people. seeing people smile.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
short breaks
Very busy, sometime enjoyable, mostly stressful place to work
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Murray, KYJuly 6, 2015
I can expect my day at work to be very hard and stressful. Since I have become a CNA I have learned time management skills and teamwork skills. I have also realized that I want to get a degree in Occupational Therapy. I do not feel like the DON and the staffing person does their best job at finding us the adequate amount of workers to take proper care of the number of residents and amount of care they need. I love the majority of the people I work with very much! The hardest part of the job is taking care of the high number of people. The most enjoyable part is seeing the smiles and warmed hearts of the residents after providing their care.
Pros
reduced meals
Cons
hardly no raises
Fast paced and can be stressful.
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Murray, KYJuly 24, 2015
Murray Hospital is an alright place to work as an assistant if you don't mind hard work, but it can be fast paced and stressful. The people I worked with were very kind and willing to help, but we were short staffed more often than not and it's a hard place to work when the patients outnumber the workers.
Certified Nursing Assistant
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Murray, KYMarch 3, 2015
Caring for the elderly on a day to day basis. Co-workers were great to work with, and very flexible with schedules. The hardest thing about this job is getting attached to residents and then seeing them pass on to a better life.
Pros
great place to work
Cons
not a good staffing schedule sometimes.
Lab assistant and phlebotomist
Laboratory Assistant (Former Employee) –  Murray, KYApril 6, 2015
I worked in the lab as a lab assistant and phlebotomist. I would label specimens and draw specimens from citizens. Then I would enter specimens into the lab database.
A place anyone can grow career -wise given a chance
Food Service Aide (Former Employee) –  Murray, KYJuly 7, 2012
Worked part time as a student. Was quite busy early part of the afternoons when hospital staff went on various breaks. Took job seriously because others depended on me. Working with others taught me how team-work impacts everyone in a work place. Management was flexible around work schedules and co-workers helped each other when needed, There was also a lot of pressure to perform tasks during peak times especially if one of the workers was unavailable.
Pros
discounts on food items, bonuses
Cons
short breaks, being sent to work at west view instead of hospital.
Enjoyable work environment
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Murray, KYNovember 7, 2012
I work with a unique group of patients so each day is a new adventure. The stories they tell and the smiles on their faces make my day worth while. I also have days when my patients don't feel well or when it is noticiable that they are at the end of their life and seeing the pain in their eyes is hard. But knowing one of the reasons for me to be in their life is to help bring comfort to their pain and education to their questions helps us all get through the tough times.
Short staffing but work with great colleagues
Unit Coordinator-Charge Nurse (Current Employee) –  Murray, KYNovember 13, 2012
Worked on 2 y.o. Geriatric Behavioral Health Unit. Worked 12 hr shifts 3 days a week and every 3rd weekend. Managed by a company other than the hospital. My co-workers were the best part of the job. Worked day shift and between 3-4:30pm most ancillary staff left and there were only generally 3 staff depending on unit census. Some help were also called to other units by staffing. The end of the day.
Pros
hard working unit manager
Cons
unit being shut down
Hard economic times creating unease among the workforce.
Perioperative Registered Nurse Circulator (Current Employee) –  Murray, KYApril 17, 2013
Nice place to work. I have learned how to be a good perioperative employee at Murray. The management within the department is great. The co-workers are amazing. There is no actual hard part of the job. The only hard thing right now is not knowing from day to day if you are going to be laid off. Everybody pitches in and does what they need to do to get things done right for the patient.
Pros
flex time to be off during the day when cases are light for the day.
Cons
being privately owned gives less job security.
Busy er
ER Charge Nurse (Current Employee) –  Murray, KYMarch 23, 2013
A typical day at work is taking care of stroke patients, chest pains, abdomial pain.

I learn new things everyday. Nursing is a learnng process

I love my coworkers. They are like family.

The hardest part of my job is when the ER is really really busy.

Saving lives is the most enjoyable part of my job.
Pros
we have self scheduleing, arecworkers ae good to covers when staff needs off.
Cons
no raises last year, and a 5% pay cut this year hospital wide
Nice place
Lpn (Former Employee) –  Family practiceSeptember 15, 2013
I was hired for the family practice clinic in fall 2011. Really professional people and friendly. Nice and clean environment. Quaint community. I would still be there but I am military spouse and lived in fort Campbell . Was very unhappy in fort Campbell and the child care services. Wish I would have moved to Murray instead!!
Fun workplace
Billing Clerk in Collections (Former Employee) –  Murray, KYJuly 22, 2013
I worked in the billing dept. I helped the clients with setting up a payment plan. Also called the clients to set up a payment plan. I learned the computer system. My coworkers were great. I liked helping the clients with there billing problems
Pros
great place to work
Cons
pay
Struggling employer
physician office employee (Former Employee) –  Murray, KyJanuary 10, 2013
Not a good employer choice at this time. This hospital has been in dire straights financially since the new CEO, Jerome Penner, stepped in. Compensation is inadequate compared to other hospitals in the region. Benefits are restrictive and poor compared to other plans with the same company. The hospital administrations values have nothing to do with the patient, and everything to do with the $$$. Job security is poor - they have been laying people off for weeks. The only room for advancement is within administration. Administration is a joke - they have no idea what it takes to make a hospital run smoothly, and telling the truth seems to evade them completely. Most of the employees are very unhappy with their employment. In my opinion, this hospital will not exist in two years if management remains the same. The only hope it has srems from physician offices NOT owned by hospital and the business they generate.
Cons
too many to mention
Nice coworkers
Billing Clerk/Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Murray, KYApril 12, 2013
Good place to work as far as the other employees go. Everyone is friendly and willing to help out. The hardest part of the job is the unstability in job security and pay cuts.
Pros
co workers
Cons
pay cuts
Great employer
RN Charge (Former Employee) –  Murray, KYJuly 15, 2013
This employer has caring nurses and managers who work together for the best possible outcomes for patients. The staff of this facility also work with knowledgeable doctors and nurse practitioners.
Not sure??
Certified Respiratory Therapist (Current Employee) –  Murray, KYAugust 28, 2013
After I started there there were pay cuts and now there's not even a promise that prn employees get scheduled.
Pros
nice people
Cons
too far from home
they save lives
Maternity, Med-Surg and Rehab Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Murray, KYAugust 10, 2013
I loved taking care of the newborns and it is a job that i genuinely miss. People are nice there and I loved this job.
Great Place to Work
Maternity Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Murray, KYJuly 24, 2014
Had a great Supervisor only left because I wanted to get back into the ER and they need had any ER spots open.

2.7