Murray-Calloway County Hospital Employee Reviews

Mcch
Home Health Care Nurse (Former Employee) –  Murray, KYSeptember 26, 2017
The hospital was a great place to work. I enjoyed Meeting new people, and having interactions with patients on a daily basis. I learned a lot about the way of life, and about the ins and outs of a hospital.
Pros
I get to hang out with babies, and meet new people
Cons
Nothing.
The residents/patients become like family, managemnt and staff are a different story
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Murray, KYMarch 29, 2017
I love working with my residents/patients as a CNA and the joy they bring to me is something irreplaceable. However, management constantly makes you feel less and never appreciated!
Great environment to work in
Certified Surgical Technologist (Former Employee) –  Murray, KYFebruary 11, 2017
Wonderful environment to work. Coworkers and surgeons are the best I have ever worked with. Favorite place to work in sixteen years. The pay is very low compared to other hospitals
Pros
People
Cons
Pay
Clean
Environmental Services (Former Employee) –  Murray, KYFebruary 2, 2017
Typical day of work consisted of keeping the hospital clean and organized. Busy most of the time. Some management was stellar, others were debatable.
no specific comments
Generalist Medical Technologist, Midnight Shift (Former Employee) –  Murray, KYAugust 25, 2016
no specific comments for me to make; it is a typical hospital environment. The rules are clear and employees are expected to adhere to all policies and procedures.
Thankful to have a job!
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Murray, KYJune 13, 2016
I was thankful for the opportunity to have employment however it has not lived up to my expectations. I was promised one thing an now they are not wanting to keep up their end of the agreement.
Benefits
Cons
Lack of accountability
na
Registration Clerk (Current Employee) –  Murray, KYApril 13, 2016
Its a great place to work. Coworkers are helpful and friendly, boss is amazing. hardest part is dealing with some of the public but that can also be the most enjoyable part as well
productive and fun
Certified Nurse Aide (Former Employee) –  Murray, KYMarch 29, 2016
days are busy. learn new things every day. management is fair. the people are nice. lifting people. seeing people smile.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
short breaks
Established Home Health Agency
HOME HEALTH LIAISON (Former Employee) –  Murray, KYNovember 23, 2015
I started in this Home Health that was hospital owned as a field nurse. I then advanced to their Home Health Liaison position. This position included several different areas. I marketed to the community and to medical offices; I educated potential hospitalized patients and assessed for need of Home Health upon discharge; I worked closely with the hospital's discharge committee; I also reviewed and assessed reasons for re-hospitalizations and formulated plans with Home Health to avoid. I respected and was respected in the position that I held. The hardest part of the my job was knowing that patients who could/would benefit from Home Health at discharge did not go home with Home Health. The enjoyable part was seeing patients that did go home with Home Health succeed and improved.
Fast paced and can be stressful.
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Murray, KYJuly 24, 2015
Murray Hospital is an alright place to work as an assistant if you don't mind hard work, but it can be fast paced and stressful. The people I worked with were very kind and willing to help, but we were short staffed more often than not and it's a hard place to work when the patients outnumber the workers.
Very busy, sometime enjoyable, mostly stressful place to work
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Murray, KYJuly 6, 2015
I can expect my day at work to be very hard and stressful. Since I have become a CNA I have learned time management skills and teamwork skills. I have also realized that I want to get a degree in Occupational Therapy. I do not feel like the DON and the staffing person does their best job at finding us the adequate amount of workers to take proper care of the number of residents and amount of care they need. I love the majority of the people I work with very much! The hardest part of the job is taking care of the high number of people. The most enjoyable part is seeing the smiles and warmed hearts of the residents after providing their care.
Pros
reduced meals
Cons
hardly no raises
Lab assistant and phlebotomist
Laboratory Assistant (Former Employee) –  Murray, KYApril 6, 2015
I worked in the lab as a lab assistant and phlebotomist. I would label specimens and draw specimens from citizens. Then I would enter specimens into the lab database.
Certified Nursing Assistant
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Murray, KYMarch 3, 2015
Caring for the elderly on a day to day basis. Co-workers were great to work with, and very flexible with schedules. The hardest thing about this job is getting attached to residents and then seeing them pass on to a better life.
Pros
Cons
Not a good staffing schedule sometimes.
PRN position
respiratory (Former Employee) –  Murray, KYOctober 31, 2014
Worked PRN and I needed a full time job. Working there was fine.
Great Place to Work
Maternity Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Murray, KYJuly 24, 2014
Had a great Supervisor only left because I wanted to get back into the ER and they need had any ER spots open.
A way to learn responsibility as a Teenage Volunteer
Teenage Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Murray, KYMarch 4, 2014
I volunteered here over the summers so I was only a Teenage Volunteer, not an employee.
Great job
Level II Fieldwork Inpatient Rehab Facility (Former Employee) –  Murray, KYOctober 4, 2013
Good environment to work at, job security alittle shaky. Great benefits and good co workers
Nice place
Lpn (Former Employee) –  Family practiceSeptember 15, 2013
I was hired for the family practice clinic in fall 2011. Really professional people and friendly. Nice and clean environment. Quaint community. I would still be there but I am military spouse and lived in fort Campbell . Was very unhappy in fort Campbell and the child care services. Wish I would have moved to Murray instead!!
Not sure??
Certified Respiratory Therapist (Current Employee) –  Murray, KYAugust 28, 2013
After I started there there were pay cuts and now there's not even a promise that prn employees get scheduled.
Pros
nice people
Cons
too far from home
they save lives
Maternity, Med-Surg and Rehab Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Murray, KYAugust 10, 2013
I loved taking care of the newborns and it is a job that i genuinely miss. People are nice there and I loved this job.