JOB TITLE: Interior Designer for a Single Family Home Builder
Summary of Job Duties
Develop design specifications for single-family and multi-family residential construction to include exterior and interior packages. Work closely with architects, production, scheduling, and internal customer support to ensure on-time and on-budget project completions. Deploy quality results with current trends in new home construction and marketing. Must be able to focus and work in a fast-paced work environment with a high production team.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
- Meet with Partners to determine spec level, develop addendum
- Select lightings, plumbing, door designs, cabinet design, hard surface materials, appliances, fireplace designs, roofing, etc. within budget
- Create drawings for hardwood locations, millworks design, window wrap design, mirror design, crown molding, chair rail design, and any other custom designs
- Lead discussion on spec level, design, and new ideas for the plat at the team
- Field Files: select exterior colors, stone material, fireplace design, exterior garage light design, and sidelight design
- Color Cards: select all hard surface materials, cabinet color, and interior paint colors; design and create drawings for kitchen, lower ¾ bath and master bath deco designs within budget
- Field design work to included moving models and staging new models, as necessary
- Work closely with customers dependent on stage of construction when purchase offer is made. Assess involvement, schedule new buyer appointments, provide selection and upgrade information to buyer, and ensure documents are signed and process for production and closing. Act as point of reference for customer and handle all issues accordingly; professional demeanor at all times.
- Staging and model home move experience recommended.
- Additional tasks as required
Bachelor’s degree in Arts, Fine Arts, Design, or related discipline
Four + years work experience in interior design, residential construction industry preferred
AutoCAD experience and skills required
Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and handle multiple requests simultaneously
Excellent communication skills with customers, peers, vendors, and management
Must be able to lift 20-30 pounds
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer / Salary DOE
Murray Franklyn is a leader in residential construction, celebrating over 45 years in the Puget Sound Area.