Murray Guard Employee Reviews

Dead end security job
Secuirty Officer (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNAugust 11, 2017
Murray Guard is very low paying. There is no chance for advancement. There are no benefits, sick days, or vacation time etc. Need I say more. It is just a low paying hourly dead end.
Pros
Relatively easy going management for a security company
Cons
Low Pay, no advancement
Good Growing Company
Contract Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Lexington, KYJuly 27, 2017
Good starter company for those looking to get into the security field. Fair and balanced company cares about its employees. If you are looking to....
Pros
Easy Hours
Cons
Locations
Great job and company
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Clarksville, TNJune 28, 2017
Love my job, company very understanding and helpful, plenty of room for advancement. Only problem is hours you are allowed to work they tend to keep you at 32 a week.
Pros
Great enviornment and company
Cons
Not enough hours
No advancement opportunities
Armed Security Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Vicksburg, MSJune 13, 2017
Pay is decent but not great for the amount of work you have to do. They will work you 60 or more hours a week sometimes. Also working weekends and holidays.
Pros
Chance of overtime
Cons
Pay is not great
Great Place To Work
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYMay 26, 2017
Obviously I cannot speak for the entire company, but the Louisville, KY branch has been a great place to work for. I have been in the security industry for several years and have worked for several other companies in the area. Murray Guard has been by far the best security company that I have worked for. I truly feel that management listens to me and takes my best interests to heart. I have not had one error with my pay check (I cannot say that for any other company) and here I feel like an appreciated employee rather than just a number. In particular, this a manager named Ms. Billy, and she has been nothing but kind, encouraging, and great to me. I do not plan on going to any other security company because of her. She coaches me to do my best, always listens to me, and I can always reach her unlike some other managers at other companies that I have worked for. She is also very beautiful.
Pros
Management and Ms. Billy
Cons
N/a
Worst place to work ever
Security Guard/ Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Widows Creek Station, ALMay 19, 2017
This is a cut throat company they don't care about their people at all no chance for advancement take my advice and look elsewhere please no job is better than working for this worthless company.
Pros
Cons
every thing stay away at all cost
Security guard
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNMarch 22, 2017
A typical day at work is being a security guard at different places. They don't always place you at a different location when the assignment is over. The management, workplace culture, hardest part of the job, most enjoyable part of the job cannot be determined.
good
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Lexington, KYFebruary 17, 2017
Murray Guard is a good and okay place to work. It just all depends on the site you get sent to. Be sure that you do not get posted at General Cable.
Security Guard
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNJanuary 31, 2017
Did paperwork. Talked to outgoing security officer to find out needed info from previous shift. Walked rounds, checked buildings and doors, watched security monitors. Wrote reports of any occurrences. Locked and unlocked doors for workers. Protected property.
To work better with others
Protection
Hardest part of lob was long hours by myself
Most enjoyable part was helping people
Pros
Got to meet different people
Cons
Long night time hours
Cannot move up
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  NFS Erwin Tn.January 25, 2017
You cannot move up unless you are buddies with management or you are a certain classification. They don't care about employees. As long as enough people are at work and it looks good on paper. Constantly cutting budget just to create more management spots.
Pros
Pay
Cons
12 hr shifts

Want to know more about Murray Guard?

Ask a question
The site I was working at was full of excitement and very entertaining
Unarmed Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 19, 2017
The company is wack! So unprofessional, I was being mistreated by the site manger so I called in the office and made an complaint my hours was cut down from full time to 17hrs a week so I called cooperate then I was took off the schedule. I never got a called back.
Pros
The clients were great
Cons
Unfairly
Productive work place got the job done.
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALJanuary 3, 2017
I loved my job, very busy I enjoyed working here, helping answer question when customer enter the facility. Use truck to ride around facility to secure premises.
Pros
Off on friday
Cons
Need more money
Good Company
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  East Ridge, TNNovember 14, 2016
Murray is a good company with superiors who genuinely seem to care for their employees. The pay is not the best in the industry for the positions they have, but it is not the worst. I would recommend Murray to beginning Security Officers.
Fast pace
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYNovember 14, 2016
You have to be vigilant at all times. And depending on how busy it is you may or may not get to take a lunch break. It is a stand up job so you are required to do so for your entire eight hour shift.
Pros
Set scheduels
Cons
May have to work doubles.
easy and great managment
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYNovember 10, 2016
I have no complaints. Great management. They worked with me when my wife gave birth to our daughter. They understand that life happens and dont hold it against you. Loved my post.
nightmare
sacurty (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNOctober 11, 2016
I worked for MG for about 7 years and was moved to the TVA accounts when they got them in 2012. The place is a nightmare, promotions only based on who you know, constant drama and backstabbing by fello workers. The HR in Knoxville couldnt care less. The pay is decent for what you do that is the ONLY pro working here. Some officers are allowed to get away with anything and doing next to nothing because they know somoene. Ill never work for this comany again, they lie to you, mistreat you and take advantage of you.
Pros
pay
Cons
everything else
As a Security Guard Officer, It was a very rewarding experience.
Security Officer (Full-time) (Current Employee) –  Vicksburg, MSOctober 3, 2016
A typical day involved checking all the doors, gates and storage lots to make sure they were locked and secure for my shift. The management was very helpful and considerate. My co-workers were informative and on time. The most enjoyable part of the job was the independence of being the one security officer on the shift.
Pros
Good management and supervised job independence.
Cons
Company that needs more train officers.
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 29, 2016
Professional company that trains officer at their job. Management needs to be inform on both sides, from the security officer and the contract people.
Pros
As long as you do your job no problems out of management
Cons
I can not think of any.
As a Security Guard Officer, It was a very rewarding experience.
Security Guard Officer (Former Employee) –  Scott and Murphy at Bowling Green, KYSeptember 3, 2016
A typical day involved checking all the doors, gates and storage lots to make sure they were locked and secure for my shift. The management was very helpful and considerate. My co-workers were informative and on time. The hardest part of the job was putting gas in the Jimmy truck to make rounds, and the most enjoyable part of the job was the independence of being the one security officer on the shift.
Pros
Good management and supervised job independence.
Cons
Hard to get gas in vehicle to go on rounds.
Very good place to work but ready for a change
Security / EMT (Current Employee) –  Decatur, ALJuly 25, 2016
When I hired I was put as a security/emt supervisor. I have very good employees I work with that I can call my friends. A typical work day for me is I go in get briefed my leaving supervisor. I have 4 dhs environmental's I have to check, 1 reg environmental, I have 1 building and premature check, 15 co2 tanks I have to check, and sro building I have to check. During all this I am also the medical personal for the plant on my shift 10p-6a tuesday thru friday. When first started with company was get 40 hrs a week then they cut us all back with asking if we were ok with it.
Pros
Have to eat on the go don't have time to eat otherwise
Cons
Insurance isn't up to par and very expensive