Murray Resources Employee Reviews

No Work
Temp (Current Employee) –  Kingwood, TXOctober 4, 2017
promised me a permanent job then put me on a temp job and when that was over they didn't call or answer my calls anymore. No work hours and no compensation for time waiting on next job.
Pros
long lunches
Cons
never called
Great Environment
Technical Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 10, 2017
Excellent company from top to bottom! Executives and Staff are amazing! Owner genuinely cares about everyone of her employers. Environment is second-to-none!
Pros
Environment and people are amazing!
Cons
Nothing that stands out!
Funplace and people to work with
Receptionist/Admin Assistant (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 27, 2017
Management at this company is excellent and prompt to your needs. They always have good paying jobs available for you if you have the qualifications to meet job requirements.
Pros
1 Hour lunches, great benefits, and
Cons
The first call to make after a layoff
Contract Assignments & Temp to Hire (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 30, 2016
I have experienced several layoffs due to downsizing, department or company closures. Murray Resources was the first call to make after the bad news. Their jobs database features current listings. After a layoff, going temp to hire is a reasonable strategy to fend off financial woes and avoid unemployment.

If the market is ripe, Murray Resources will have solid connections and tips to boost your interview performance.
Pros
Fantastic source for Energy Corridor positions
Excellent
Order Puller/Forklift Operator (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 26, 2016
I pulled orders, did some shipping and receiving dealing with stainless steel and carbon parts. I learned how drive a Order picker and learned how burn wrap pallets! The management and co-workers was very nice and supportive. The most enjoyable time there was working with the people I worked with.
Excellent company to work for.
Executive Assistant to President (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 16, 2016
Murray Resources is motivated and fun - they take pride in their work, and collaborate together. I continue to be impressed by the way they challenge themselves to improve.

It's a fast-paced, high energy environment, where I feel trusted to make decisions, and help change the business for the better. Everyone is encouraged to work hard, and is rewarded for that.
Pros
Team based environment
Cons
Only half a day off on Fridays!
Professional and Friendly
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 17, 2015
Murray Resources found work for me very quickly. They are very professional yet laid back and friendly. Very easy to work with. I look forward to receiving more assignments from Murray Resources.
So-so job prospects
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 27, 2015
The company has multiple issues wth getting employee's hours in their system in order to get the paychecks out. The employee has to report every week about the number of hours they've worked. When the Payroll Department keeps calling/ texting you to: 'Give me your hours that you've worked, because we don't know if you've worked at all." they don't allow your (temporary) employer to keep your time that you're scheduled to work. Murray Resources doesn't contact the employer that its temp workers are sent to in order to get you hours worked for the week. You will be in constant confusion about when/ if you'll actually get your paycheck. Also, paying their employees isn't done in a timely manner.
Pros
They do hire for positions earning $10 and up
Cons
They have too much dificulty with their pay schedules.
Great Staffing Agency
Administration/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 24, 2014
This Staffing Agency is very organized, professional and aggressive with your job search.
Pros
Meet demands of customers, very organized and trust worthy
always busy
Spanish/English Translator (Temporary) (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 8, 2014
Translator
New Spanish dialect
Wonderful
Pleasant
Research
Learning
Pros
taken out to lunch weekly
Cons
healthcare
New learning experience along with with many learning opportunities
Receptionist/Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 12, 2012
All receptionist duties, managed company credit card receipts and spending, entered expense reports and ran reports for them weekly.
I did learn how to use several new computer programs.
I managed the spending for the field workers, and reported all revenue.
The hardest part of my job was to keep track of all field workers and managing to get all spending receipts from them.
the most enjoyable part of my job was meeting so many new people, and dealing with people.