Murray State University

Murray State University Employee Reviews

Good Work Place
Student Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Murray, KYApril 19, 2015
Pros: 2 hrs a day
Cons: no breaks
Great people. Answered phone calls and delivered mail. Ran errands for the Dean. Made sure people that came in the business building had their needs met.
Productive and fun workplace
Graduate Assistant (Current Employee), Murray, KYMarch 30, 2015
I learned how to proactively teach students what I had learned through the program I had graduated from. My co-workers and I get along great and work very well together.
College life
Federal work Study (Former Employee), Murray, KYMarch 24, 2015
Working as a Federal work study my hours were extremely limited. The group that I worked for opened up many doors through the community for career opportunity.
Not a bad job to have while still in school
Graduate Assistant (Current Employee), Murray, KYMarch 10, 2015
Terrible training but easy once you get the hang of it. They let you have full control but are there if you need help. You can have a problem with students trying to take advantage of your time but can be easily avoided.
Good place to work,I have learned a lot and meet some great people,looking to expand my skills and opportunities.
Catering Coordinator (Current Employee), Murray, KYFebruary 11, 2015
Pros: interacting with a verity of people.
Cons: no room for advancement.
My typical day consist of,pulling for events,setting up events,checking schedules of student and part time workers,inventory,ordering of linens and interacting with clients at events.
Case Initiator (Former Employee), Hopkinsville, KYJanuary 20, 2015
The working environment at this position was very relaxed and professional. Coworkers were very professional in their conduct.
Great work environment and my bosses were very nice.
Assistant Secretary for the Community College (Former Employee), Murray, KyJanuary 7, 2015
Pros: great people, secretarial skills, and communication
Cons: only 10hrs a week was the government requirement
This was a government assisted job that I qualified for in the Spring 2012. This helped with making money while living in the dorms and working around my school schedule for that semester. I really enjoyed talking to professors and helping them grade papers and organize important documents for incoming students. I also helped out with errands and other tasks.
It was a good learning experience for me
Assistant Football Coach (Current Employee), Murray, KYDecember 18, 2014
I didn't get paid for my service. I work over 80 hours per week without any days off. Sometimes I forgot what day it was due to the fact that I work so much. On the other hand, I learned valuable tools that will assist me and landing my next job.
Administrative Assistant I (Former Employee), Murray, KYNovember 3, 2014
Job security was great. Faculty were very supportive and great to work for. Great environment to work for. I learned and improved my skills while working for Murray State University
Good Student Jobs
Student Worker (Current Employee), Murray, KYOctober 14, 2014
Murray State provides good student jobs. Supervisors understand that your education comes firs.
Peaceful and flexible work place
Receptionist for Dean of College of Science (Former Employee), Murray, KYSeptember 23, 2014
A typical day at work included me making copies, sending faxes, answering phones, handling cash, and helping students and faculty with basic computer systems issues. I learned how to manage an office-like environment, and how to handle responsibilities on my own. Management was friendly and helpful. Usually worked alone, but coworkers were also friendly and helped share responsibilities. The hardest part of the job was working alone for long periods of time. The most enjoyable part of the job was having sole responsibility and the flexibility of the work place.
Good benefits but low salary except for upper management
Asst. Director / Project Manager (Former Employee), Murray, KYJuly 8, 2014
Direct management did not provide any guidance on how upper management wanted things done - lack of communication. Typical days were spent managing capital projects.
Good place to work. I understand why it was rated by the Chronicle of Higher Ed as one the "Great Colleges To Work For"
Director of Human Resources & Lecturer (Current Employee), Murray, KYJuly 3, 2014
Nice people. Hard workers. HR is fast-paced with smart people.
Work Review
Student Worker (Current Employee), Murray, KYJune 30, 2014
On a typical day at work, I run errands for my boss, answer phones and office work (fax, copy, and scan documents).
Great place to go to school and to teach.
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Former Employee), Murray, KYJune 27, 2014
As a graduate teaching assistant, I taught one class per semester. It was a great experience. The professors in the math department are great teachers and very understanding human beings. The hardest part of the job was motivating students in an intermediate level math class. The most enjoyable aspect was being able to teach a class at the university level.
University Setting
Purchasing Agent (Former Employee), Murray, KYJune 24, 2014
Pros: benefits
Cons: low pay
I enjoyed working for Murray State. The people were wonderful to work with and the position that I had allowed me to work with everyone on campus.
Good
Maintenance (Former Employee), Murray, KYJune 2, 2014
a typical work day learn to management and cooperate with my co-workers and relize th hardest part of the job such as dealing with people is not hard at all because the dealing with the people is the most enjoyable
.....................................................................................................................
IET& Interior Design Amabassador (Former Employee), Murray, KYMay 15, 2014
Enjoyable workplace
Graduate Assistant (Former Employee), Murray, KYMay 14, 2014
I spent my office hours grading papers and assisting students. I enjoyed working with my office suite mates and the camaraderie we shared. The hardest part of the job was leaving it. I really enjoyed every aspect of teaching and working with the students. If I had to say there was a difficult part, it would be writing retention notices for the students not doing their work or showing up for class.
Good school
Student Registered Nurse Anesthetist (Former Employee), Murray, KYApril 6, 2014
Professional and friendly staff
Good preparation for future employment as CRNA
Enjoyed rotations in various areas

1 2 3