Murray State University

Murray State University Employer Reviews

Fun Place to work
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee), Murray, KYFebruary 3, 2014
It was a training situation so I got lots of interaction with students
Good benifits at first
Custodian (Former Employee), Murray, KYJanuary 29, 2014
Pros: had a lot of days off with pay
Cons: we got a 2% cut in pay
We had certain areas that we cleaned. I learned how to clean my area and have it done by the time i went home. I didn't see management a lot. We helped other co-workers when they needed it . There were not really any hard parts to the job. I liked keeping my area clean. I just was thankful to have a job.
Provide assistance in any way needed.
Assistant to the Director of Housing (Former Employee), Murray, KYJanuary 24, 2014
Pros: worked a school schedule
Cons: grant based position.
Managed a work crew of 12 students and performed light maintenance repairs on campus and well as safety checks.
ok work place
Heavy Equipment Operator (Current Employee), Murray, KYDecember 10, 2013
Cons: healthcare was good
murray state is a good place but some of the workers do not like to work. I had been there for almost 10 years and now trying to find something closer to home
Productive and fun place to work
Summer Graduate Research Assistant (Former Employee), Murray, KYNovember 7, 2013
great,university setting. Meet lots of different people.
Good Place to Work.
Environmental Safety & Health Intern (Current Employee), Murray, KYOctober 28, 2013
Typical work day included checking on the fire extinguisher maintenance program, determining when the hazardous chemical needed to be picked up and stored, file detailed records of inspection, OSHA & EPA documentation.
I great organization culture, very fast pace and fun
Basketball camp mentor (Former Employee), kentuckyOctober 28, 2013
Teaching kids the game of life and basketball. The most enjoyable part of the job is being around the kids and seeing how happy they were to get better and see us counselors everyday. I learned that you don't know how much impact you can have on someone life until its done. My co-workers were enjoyable to be around and management was good. A typical – more... day at work was basketball 24/7. – less
Where I found my passion for research
Qualitative Research Assistant (Former Employee), Murray, KYOctober 19, 2013
Pros: research experience
Cons: low pay
I spent most of my time organizing and analyzing data into computer software programs. I was also able to participate in coalition meetings and focus groups. My professor was my mentor and was very helpful in teaching me the basis of research. The most enjoyable part was networking with community members.
Worked as a student worker
CTLT Help Desk Technician (Former Employee), Murray, KYOctober 9, 2013
Going to college and working can be a challenge, but MSU worked around my schedule and allowed me the time needed to advance my degree.
Desk Work
Commentator & Production Assistant (Former Employee), Murray KySeptember 17, 2013
Go in, sit at a desk and get paid what could be better. Really it was a great college job.
Fulfilling career
Adjunct Lecturer (Current Employee), Murray, KYSeptember 16, 2013
Pros: working in education
Great institution to be apart of. There is a great since of school spirit and the university is genuinely interested in students' education. There are several campuses including the new Paducah campus set to open in spring 2014.
Great perk and benefits....
Groundskeeper (Former Employee), Murray, KYSeptember 10, 2013
worked there for seven years and was able to save a lot while my son attended the university.
Not The best choice in a job
Patrol Officer (Former Employee), Murray, KYAugust 20, 2013
Alright place to work as a student but I do not recommend working here. Pay is not too good and the hours are terrible.
Hated
Security Officer (Former Employee), Murray, KYAugust 18, 2013
Cons: everything
Hours and pay couldn't get any worse. The management could seriously need a makeover. Made fun of by most students.
hated it
Security Officer (Former Employee), Murray, KYAugust 18, 2013
Pros: time to do homework
Cons: terrible pay and hours
terrible place to work. hours suck, and the pay is terrible. co workers are pretty good if you're lucky.
The best place to work in the best town to raise a family.
Coordinator (Current Employee), Murray, KYAugust 1, 2013
The administration takes pains to determine and meet the needs and desires of staff. This has been true even while receiving less state dollars over the last few years. They value their employees and work to help their employees succeed.
A good place to work
Press Operator (Former Employee), Murray, KYJune 24, 2013
Pros: working the trade i went to school for.
Cons: i lived in another city
Make clean, legible copies for various departments, bind copies, make sure presses are running properly, clean press, fill out and total receipts. I learned how to operate the press, clean the press. I had wonderful management, my co-workers were great. The hardest part was when the press were down. The most enjoyable part was gaining the knowledge.
Excellent job
Associate Professor of Audiology (Former Employee), Murray, KYJune 7, 2013
Pros: good pay and benefits
Cons: short term tenure
Unfortunately my tenur at Murray State University was only one year, serving a substituion for someone on maternity leave..
A valuable experience and wonderful staff members
Safety Intern (Former Employee), Murray, KYMay 22, 2013
Pros: amazing staff and community, professional growth, individual recognition, and beautiful campus
Cons: repetitious paperwork, database management
I could not speak more highly of my experience working for Murray State University. I was able to accomplish my career goals with this employer and have an unforgetable experience. The staff members were wonderful to work with. They really get to know and care about every individual. I am extremely thankful and greatful to have been apart of the working – more... atmosphere at Murray State University. I enjoyed the professionalism of my colleagues and highly reccommend this employer to anyone who is interested in a position with the university. I think a sign of a good employer is one that allows you to grow in your professional career. MSU certianly excelled at helping me grow professionally. Periodically, I would be assigned various job tasks that were challenging to me. This would allow and require me to develop new skills and techniques giving me a well balanced job experience. I think the hardest part of my job task was the paperwork, database management, record keeping ect.. Sometimes it was repetitious. However, it is necessary in virtually any enterprise today. The best part about working for Murray State University was the people I worked with and the campus population I served. I am proud to be a Racer and to have been fortunate to work with the amazing staff at MSU. – less
Great place to learn
Research Assistant (Former Employee), Murray, KYMay 6, 2013
A great learning opportunity with friends from different demographics, lot of exposure to different cultures, learned to wok in teams.