Musco Sports Lighting Employee Reviews

Assist customers (Former Employee) –  Oskaloosa, IAApril 26, 2017
Fun outgoing place to work. Got to be a part of some cool things. Felt important even though I was at the bottom. The really appreciate their employees
Work Cell Operator (Former Employee) –  Muscatine, IAJanuary 9, 2017
Musco is a great place to work. They really care about their employees. Very hands on. Busy all the time. Good hours. Never had to worry about hours it was always the same every day. No weekends
Great place
Fabricator/Welder (Former Employee) –  Muscatine, IANovember 29, 2016
Music really values their employees. They pay good, but had great benefits, profit sharing and a great work environment. You are truly treated like family.
Productive workplace
Community Partner (Former Employee) –  Oskaloosa, IANovember 7, 2016
I learned that sometimes doing a job that you don't like is for the best. It helps you achieve the goals you really want. I loved working particularly with the community. It gave me a new prospective on what a community needs.
White Room
White room (Former Employee) –  Muscatine, IASeptember 27, 2016
I loved working at musco, it was my favorite job yet. I did not want to leave, Although I was a Temp, it is extremely hard to get on full-time. It would have been great to get offerd a full-time position, but that all depends on Oskaloosa, IA. For an open position. They treat the employees like family and they work with them, great environment. Its all about team work. We Make It Happen fits very well, they stand for who they are. I ONLY, WISH, to go back.
Pros
Free drinks, free popcorn
Cons
Being temporary.
Fun Place to Work With Great Family Vibe
Warehouse Inventory Assistant (Current Employee) –  Muscatine, IASeptember 12, 2016
Voted best place to work in Muscatine for the past 10+ years... Very family friendly company with good insurance and competitive pay. Have been here for 15+ years. Only limited amount of advancement opportunities available.
Pros
Free soda, juice, etc...
Gone way to much
Lighting Technician (Former Employee) –  IowaJanuary 7, 2016
They say you'll have a schedule, you wont.
They say you'll be home some, you wont.
Listing says 200+ days away, it's closer to 300+ days away. When your home you're still required to work in town even after being gone a month or more.
Pros
Good co-workers
Cons
Traveling
Over all a good company that takes care of employees and customers
Controls Product Development Engineering (Former Employee) –  West Chicago, ILNovember 19, 2015
Over all a good company that takes care of employees and customers. The owners care about their employees but this is not carried down thru middle management I worked for. These middle managers took credit for my work. They held me back form moving forward so they could continue to feed off my knowledge base.
Pros
The owners care about their employees
Cons
Middle managment does not care about their employees.
Great place to work!
Aluminum Welder (Former Employee) –  Muscatine, IaNovember 18, 2015
Probably the most family oriented company on the planet, they have good employee and company relationship, always there to help when you need it, at work and home life. Learned a lot about the product became good friends with a lot of good people.Loved working there.
Pros
Had perks and employee appreciative meals every year.
Cons
lacked proper pay raises and a lot of waist every day.
Pretty Good
Test Engineer (Current Employee) –  Batavia, ILMarch 26, 2015
Overall, Musco is a pretty good company to work for. They have a very people-centric minded view, but I sometimes found a disconnect between policy and execution. And some things were a little weird. For instance, when I started I got 9 vacation days, not 10, but had 3 personal days thrown in that I could take like vacation days. So not bad, just... weird.
fun company and great place to work
Welder (Former Employee) –  muscatine, iaJanuary 28, 2015
weld many different types of metals and contract different types of frames for lighting.
Fun Place to work
Welder (Former Employee) –  Muscatine, IAOctober 14, 2014
Meetings followed by task at hand. Learned many things for welding.
Great Job if You Don't Want a Life
Field Technician (Current Employee) –  Irving, CASeptember 25, 2014
While working as a Field Technician you are paid an average starting salary but they work you a minimum 60 hrs. a week. Most of the time more than that. I have never worked a 40 hr. week. You are gone at least 6 days a week and as the week goes they keep piling on more tasks to get done. Management expects you to work all the time even during family emergencies but they don't follow their own unwritten rules. Lots of racist and sexist remarks from Management also when using temp workers on job sites. Too many family members show up for work but I wouldn't actually say they work too much. Sometimes you work in very dangerous situations and there is no regard for OSHA rules and regulations. Try complaining to HR and it falls on deaf ears.
Pros
Cons
long hours, racism, sexism, negative managers.
very good work environment
Welder (Former Employee) –  Muscatine, IANovember 20, 2013
I loved musco lighting. they have very good pay and also give u free drinks for your break. the managers are great people and there is plenty of room for advancement
Pros
free drinks
Cons
long days
Productive team atomosphere
Level 2 Self Directed Assembler and Line Leader (Former Employee) –  Muscatine, IAOctober 17, 2013
Company is very family oriented. Learned how to be part of a team, and eventually became a team lead.
excellent workplace in a niche market
International Project Engineer (Former Employee) –  Oskaloosa, IAMay 9, 2013
Musco has a great culture that values hard work and rewards it. They promote healthy lifestyles in their employees.
Most people in all departments were easy to get along with and enjoyed their jobs.
I learned the value of great communication and how my job had significant impacts on many others in the projects.
Pros
free bottled drinks, employee appreciation lunches, health incentive bonuses, manager open-door policy
good bennies
Welder/Fabricator (Former Employee) –  Muscatine, IAAugust 30, 2012
they had awsome bennefits but the management was the worst i have ever worked for if that would change musco would be unbeatable as a woek place
Pros
free luntches
Cons
horrible pay
Worked here for 7 years.
Assembler, Safety Assistant (Former Employee) –  Muscatine, IAJuly 31, 2012
Assembly. Culture has changed. Good benefits, good pay. Good security. Lack of advancement opportunities.
Pros
benefits.
Cons
lack of growth opportunity.
Too much Nepotism
Field Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CaJune 20, 2012
The company has good benefits but too much family and friends working there. The non family members have to do more work than anybody else. In the field operations have to put in too many hours so much that you are barely above minimum wage with all of the hours and travel away from family. I would not recommend this job unless you are totally desperate.
benefits
Cons
extemely long hours and time away from home. nepotism