Musco Sports Lighting Employee Reviews in United States

Over all a good company that takes care of employees and customers
Controls Product Development Engineering (Former Employee) –  West Chicago, ILNovember 19, 2015
Over all a good company that takes care of employees and customers. The owners care about their employees but this is not carried down thru middle management I worked for. These middle managers took credit for my work. They held me back form moving forward so they could continue to feed off my knowledge base.
Pros
The owners care about their employees
Cons
Middle managment does not care about their employees.
Great place to work!
Aluminum Welder (Former Employee) –  Muscatine, IaNovember 18, 2015
Probably the most family oriented company on the planet, they have good employee and company relationship, always there to help when you need it, at work and home life. Learned a lot about the product became good friends with a lot of good people.Loved working there.
Pros
Had perks and employee appreciative meals every year.
Cons
lacked proper pay raises and a lot of waist every day.
Pretty Good
Test Engineer (Current Employee) –  Batavia, ILMarch 26, 2015
Overall, Musco is a pretty good company to work for. They have a very people-centric minded view, but I sometimes found a disconnect between policy and execution. And some things were a little weird. For instance, when I started I got 9 vacation days, not 10, but had 3 personal days thrown in that I could take like vacation days. So not bad, just... weird.
fun company and great place to work
Welder (Former Employee) –  muscatine, iaJanuary 28, 2015
weld many different types of metals and contract different types of frames for lighting.
Fun Place to work
Welder (Former Employee) –  Muscatine, IAOctober 14, 2014
Meetings followed by task at hand. Learned many things for welding.
Great Job if You Don't Want a Life
Field Technician (Current Employee) –  Irving, CASeptember 25, 2014
While working as a Field Technician you are paid an average starting salary but they work you a minimum 60 hrs. a week. Most of the time more than that. I have never worked a 40 hr. week. You are gone at least 6 days a week and as the week goes they keep piling on more tasks to get done. Management expects you to work all the time even during family emergencies but they don't follow their own unwritten rules. Lots of racist and sexist remarks from Management also when using temp workers on job sites. Too many family members show up for work but I wouldn't actually say they work too much. Sometimes you work in very dangerous situations and there is no regard for OSHA rules and regulations. Try complaining to HR and it falls on deaf ears.
Cons
long hours, racism, sexism, negative managers.
very good work environment
Welder (Former Employee) –  Muscatine, IANovember 20, 2013
I loved musco lighting. they have very good pay and also give u free drinks for your break. the managers are great people and there is plenty of room for advancement
Pros
free drinks
Cons
long days
Productive team atomosphere
Level 2 Self Directed Assembler and Line Leader (Former Employee) –  Muscatine, IAOctober 17, 2013
Company is very family oriented. Learned how to be part of a team, and eventually became a team lead.
excellent workplace in a niche market
International Project Engineer (Former Employee) –  Oskaloosa, IAMay 9, 2013
Musco has a great culture that values hard work and rewards it. They promote healthy lifestyles in their employees.
Most people in all departments were easy to get along with and enjoyed their jobs.
I learned the value of great communication and how my job had significant impacts on many others in the projects.
Pros
free bottled drinks, employee appreciation lunches, health incentive bonuses, manager open-door policy
good bennies
Welder/Fabricator (Former Employee) –  Muscatine, IAAugust 30, 2012
they had awsome bennefits but the management was the worst i have ever worked for if that would change musco would be unbeatable as a woek place
Pros
free luntches
Cons
horrible pay
Worked here for 7 years.
Assembler, Safety Assistant (Former Employee) –  Muscatine, IAJuly 31, 2012
Assembly. Culture has changed. Good benefits, good pay. Good security. Lack of advancement opportunities.
Pros
benefits.
Cons
lack of growth opportunity.
Too much Nepotism
Field Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CaJune 20, 2012
The company has good benefits but too much family and friends working there. The non family members have to do more work than anybody else. In the field operations have to put in too many hours so much that you are barely above minimum wage with all of the hours and travel away from family. I would not recommend this job unless you are totally desperate.
benefits
Cons
extemely long hours and time away from home. nepotism

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Musco Sports Lighting. Our community is ready to answer.

2.3