Muscular Dystrophy Association

Muscular Dystrophy Association Employer Reviews

Mismanaged
Volunteer Recruitment Coordinator (Former Employee), Flowood, MSSeptember 12, 2014
Cons: short lunch
The people in charge are very unprofessional and do not meet their goals but instead chat and play all day. They come down hard on VRC to meet the goal even though they do not get much accomplished. Look down on VRC position.
High Energy Environment
Area Director (Current Employee), Kansas City, MOSeptember 8, 2014
A great deal of account care and cold calling to develop revenue streams for specific events in order to meet goals. Training as you go--you don't know what you don't know. The hardest part of the job is not committing accounts to participation; its motivating accounts to meet the goals they set. The most enjoyable part of the job is the contact with – more... the families served. – less
Working both directly with the stricken children and fund raising.
Volunter (Former Employee), Columbus, OhioSeptember 1, 2014
Pros: helping to give stricken children some much needed friendship.
Cons: seeing the debilitation of so many beautiful children when so young.
In fighting MS there is no such thing as a typical day. Each day gives you new challenges and new opportunities to enrich the lives of these children. Everyone that I have worked with have the same objective as myself. To make each day a good day and to find a common ground with which to put a smile on a childs face. The hardest part I have found to – more... be, is to keep a positive attitude and never let your emotions show, while knowing that each child is not going to get better and will in the end be taken from us at such an early age. – less
Great Cause & Mission
Director of Business Development (Current Employee), Dallas, TX.August 18, 2014
No Comment

•a typical day at work
•what you learned
•management
•your co-workers
•the hardest part of the job
•the most enjoyable part of the job
Alexa is awsome
Consultant (Former Employee), Spokane, WAJuly 29, 2014
Pros: meeting bella
Cons: people dont give them a chance to explain that they are calling for a good cause.
I loved working there and I had a blast when I got to meet Bella
I would love to work for them again. They are all great people and they work not for themselves but to help others and that's what makes them so amazing they are not co-workers they are a family.
Very rewarding job
Fundraiser Coordinator (Former Employee), East Longmeadow, MAJuly 28, 2014
Pros: very committed staff
Cons: per diem
MDA was a very rewarding job. All the ladies I worked with really enjoyed helping others and tried their best to do the most for this non-profit organization.
Not a good workplace atmosphere
Health Care Services Coordinator (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLJuly 25, 2014
Pros: good pay, excellent members and doctors
Cons: horrible management and long hours
I only worked for the Muscular Dystrophy Association (MDA) for 7 weeks. I filed for divorce shortly after I started working for MDA, and had a very hard time balancing work and doing what I needed to do for my attorney in the divorce. I made the decision to move back to Texas during that short time, and decided to send an email to upper management in – more... order to let them know of the problems I encountered while working in the Jacksonville West office.

Not only was upper management NOT interested in hearing anything negative that was happening in the office, they retaliated by ending my employment early after having asked me to stay longer than my resignation indicated I would. Since then I have heard that that office has had a very high turnover rate for employees due to the Executive Director. It sounds like all of the problems that were present while I was employed there are still there today. Not a healthy work environment. – less
not good
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Birmingham, ALJuly 24, 2014
not good lack of hours. Not good environment in my opinion. What the company does is great how they help kids that has MDA but the people who work there are just a little weird.
Fun workplace, Girls there are great
Fundraiser Recruiter (Former Employee), Cincinnati, OHJuly 24, 2014
Pros: lots of bonuses
Cons: not enough hours
Enjoy very much communicating with business professionals and explaining the fun behind a good cause.
Great place to start a non profit career
Fundraising Coordinator (Former Employee), Houston, TXJuly 2, 2014
Pros: team work
Cons: promotions
This is a job that one really has to be willing to jump right in. It is a hard job that requires a lot of time management, but the reward is well worth the work.
Was a good job
Volunteer Recruitment Coordinator (Former Employee), Raynham, MAJune 30, 2014
Did alot of work with Microsoft Office. I did alot of different functions.
great place to work, MDA familes are amazing
Administrative Assistant/ Fundraising Coordinator (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVJune 1, 2014
Pros: fun events
I enjoyed every minute I worked there and have continued to stay an active supporter of the MDA
Great experience in a non-profit
Non-profit Fundraising Assistant (Current Employee), Allentown, PAApril 29, 2014
This temporary position has been a great experience assisting the Fundraising Coordinator at MDA.
Very Good place to work and everyone is very friendly
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Roanoke, VAApril 22, 2014
I loved working with everyone it is nice to do something that helps others
Marketing/Office Assistant (Former Employee), Winter Park, FLApril 21, 2014
The core values and people in the organization are riveting. I was truly inspired while working there. the freedom I experienced to lead, learn and express my own ideas and and have the opportunity to experiment with them will always be my favorite part.
Muscular Dystrophy Association Review
Fundraising Coordinator (Former Employee), Buffalo, NYApril 9, 2014
Pros: community interaction, work atmosphere, job duties
Cons: temporary
At the MDA I started each day with a meeting to encourage and inform my donor recruiters of the days goals. We went over numbers and pitch performance to enhance the days outcomes. I would then check correspondence and notes, as well as contact donors to see their progress in fundraising for our upcoming events. I also contacted local community business – more... to inform them of our cause and see if they would like to donate for any MDA event.
The management was amazing. I was lead by a very capable and friendly woman who I worked well with. My co-workers were all very open and friendly, and were there if I ever needed anything.
The only difficult part of this job was knowing it was only a temporary position and that I wouldn't be able to stay on.
I loved everything about this job, from interacting with co-workers and community members, to organizing fundraising events. The greatest part was working for a non-profit that served such an important cause. – less
Great learning experience
Health Care Service Coordinator (Former Employee), Tucson, AZMarch 19, 2014
Pros: x
Cons: x
Worked in various areas, learning a tremendous amount in each one.
Nice and friendly
Customer Service Representative and Recruiter (Current Employee), Milwaukee,WI.February 27, 2014
Pros: friendly people
Cons: not stable
Working hard and helping changing people life. I like it but the hrs. are not full time and not stable.
Fun Workplace
Contractor (Former Employee), Denver, COFebruary 12, 2014
Competition!!! Love daily goals and games played.. Love the joy of communication among team players and management..
Loved the mission, but that was all
Health Care Services Coordinator (Former Employee), Portland, ORFebruary 5, 2014
Pros: the families you serve.
Cons: management is ridiculous and embarrassing.
If you can ignore the fact that you will be micro-managed and treated like a teenager by someone that doesn't understand your job and is supposed to.
If you don't mind constantly having to send your boss emails and information about what you are doing to help them understand and they don't bother to read any of it and they still continue to give you – more... grief.
If you can let go of the fact that you will try and try for work/ life balance, and still get to spend early mornings, nights and weekends making sure that you do all the things on your list that need to be done without the support of the rest of the team.
If you can't wait to put thousands of miles on your own car and pay for work related purchases on your own credit card.
If you don't mind having no salary increase or being discouraged in trying to advance.
Then you will love the MDA as a Health Care Services Coordinator. The only reward is the families that you help but they are even treated like second class people by the "fundraising" team. – less

1 2 3 4 5

About Muscular Dystrophy Association

The Muscular Dystrophy Association (MDA) is a not-for-profit health agency that supports research into more than 40 neuromuscular – Read more