Muscular Dystrophy Association

Muscular Dystrophy Association United States Employee Reviews

Recruitment Coordinator (Former Employee), Brookfield, WIMarch 16, 2015
Pros: hour break for lunch, consistent yet flexible hours and income, friendly
Cons: temp position
Every day was very similar. Morning meeting, conduct fundraising duties, lunch, afternoon prep, continue work, end of day review.

My phone and paperwork processing skills definitely grew in this position. I have also improved upon my organization, scheduling, and time management.

All my co-workers were very friendly!

The most difficult part of the job is persuading the potential business executive to commit their time to participate in the fundraiser.

The most enjoyable part of the job was it's consistency.
Very stressful job.
Volunteer Recruitment Coordinator (Former Employee), Champaign, ILFebruary 16, 2015
These are all temporary positions. Lot of pushing for numbers, but no real guidance in how to achieve the numbers. Most people lasted less than 3 months, They would hire 7-8 people and then weed them out to 2 or 3 and those did not last.
Satisfying job helping others
Health Care Services Coordinator (Former Employee), Fort Wayne, INFebruary 5, 2015
Assisted over 750 families in Northern Indiana with clinic visits, equipment, referrals and questions.

Camp Director for kids with muscular dystrophy ages 6-17 for one week during the summer. Hired and managed volunteers, programming, nurse care & physician care for the week.

Very enjoyable office!
NA
District Fundraising Events Coordinator (Current Employee), New EnglandJanuary 19, 2015
Salary is low for work load, but is good job to get more experience and move on
Need more room for advancement
Company is trying to fix employee relations for future
Fun job most of the time
Great Cause
Regional Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Fort Myers, FLDecember 16, 2014
Non-profits are companies who are working hard to make a difference in someone else's life. I was lucky enough to be a part of this team for over 2 years and see the difference in every family, child, and adult through the many programs they offer.
Great place to work and play
Intern (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCDecember 12, 2014
Pros: pot lucks, aren't too strict time wise
Cons: numbers based, have to be a pushy sometimes
Being an intern, I wasn't exposed to the full description of the fundraiser coordinator job. But, the people who work there are nice and will help you whenever you need it. I enjoyed going to the different fundraiser events they had and all the planning that went into it.
n?a
Fundraising Coordinator (Current Employee), Houston, TXDecember 2, 2014
– Started over 100 new accounts within a 6 year period
– Prospected and made 30 new account sales calls a month
– Preformed 100 account reviews per year.
– Managed over 300 account
– Recruited over 3000 youth members
– Recruited and managed over 800 major volunteers to help sustain Accounts
– Maintained a 87% retention rate of existing accounts
– Managed 30 paraprofessional whom ran Boy Scouts Outreach Programs
– Coaches, mentors, and develops program paraprofessionals and volunteers through orientation, training, and constructive feedback
Amazing Team!
Customer Service (Former Employee), Ashland City, TNNovember 29, 2014
I was in the troubleshooting department here, or in other words Call Center. I loved the friendly atmosphere, always very understanding and family oriented. I ended up leaving because I moved so far away.
Most enjoyable part of the job
Health Care Service Coordinator (Current Employee), Allentown, PAOctober 28, 2014
I love working with my clients and helping them achieve things they otherwise would not be able.
Great place to volunteer
Volunteer services (Current Employee), Baltimore, MDOctober 25, 2014
Wonderful experience with the same patient over the years. watched his disease progress, and saw how his parents really devoted their time to him which was amazing to see how much work they did for their son. Life changing, and if you have an opportunity as a nurse to take on a high needs child, its very rewarding.
Poor management, Need an olderand more mature manager
Recruit coordinator (Current Employee), Flowood, MSSeptember 30, 2014
Pros: long break
Cons: staff very unfriendly, not enough hous
The Flowood location is managed poorly. All the managers did was sit around and play all day and expect you to do all the work. Sometimes they would come in and not speak to the recruit coordinators like we were beneath them
Very interesting
Marketing Clerk/ Secretary (Former Employee), Farmington Hills, MISeptember 25, 2014
This job was telemarketing based, a bad day could mean your last day.
Uncertain Future
Customer Service (Former Employee), Tucson, AZSeptember 17, 2014
Pros: good benefits package
Cons: management is vague about changes. no raises in the future
Used to be a great place to work but has been going down hill since 2011. Organization has an uncertain future with all of the changes that are being implemented at the top.
Dedicated environment to service patients
Regional Sales Services Coordinator (Former Employee), New York, NYSeptember 12, 2014
It was extraordinary the amount of dedication each employee gave to the company in order to service the patients with muscular dystrophy. It is a strongly service-oriented company that secures the donations to be efficiently supporting the services they provide at their clinics and for research. The fundraising events are fun and creative.
Mismanaged
Volunteer Recruitment Coordinator (Former Employee), Flowood, MSSeptember 12, 2014
Cons: short lunch
The people in charge are very unprofessional and do not meet their goals but instead chat and play all day. They come down hard on VRC to meet the goal even though they do not get much accomplished. Look down on VRC position.
High Energy Environment
Area Director (Current Employee), Kansas City, MOSeptember 8, 2014
A great deal of account care and cold calling to develop revenue streams for specific events in order to meet goals. Training as you go--you don't know what you don't know. The hardest part of the job is not committing accounts to participation; its motivating accounts to meet the goals they set. The most enjoyable part of the job is the contact with the families served.
Working both directly with the stricken children and fund raising.
Volunter (Former Employee), Columbus, OhioSeptember 1, 2014
Pros: helping to give stricken children some much needed friendship.
Cons: seeing the debilitation of so many beautiful children when so young.
In fighting MS there is no such thing as a typical day. Each day gives you new challenges and new opportunities to enrich the lives of these children. Everyone that I have worked with have the same objective as myself. To make each day a good day and to find a common ground with which to put a smile on a childs face. The hardest part I have found to be, is to keep a positive attitude and never let your emotions show, while knowing that each child is not going to get better and will in the end be taken from us at such an early age.
Great Cause & Mission
Director of Business Development (Current Employee), Dallas, TX.August 18, 2014
No Comment

•a typical day at work
•what you learned
•management
•your co-workers
•the hardest part of the job
•the most enjoyable part of the job
Alexa is awsome
Consultant (Former Employee), Spokane, WAJuly 29, 2014
Pros: meeting bella
Cons: people dont give them a chance to explain that they are calling for a good cause.
I loved working there and I had a blast when I got to meet Bella
I would love to work for them again. They are all great people and they work not for themselves but to help others and that's what makes them so amazing they are not co-workers they are a family.
Very rewarding job
Fundraiser Coordinator (Former Employee), East Longmeadow, MAJuly 28, 2014
Pros: very committed staff
Cons: per diem
MDA was a very rewarding job. All the ladies I worked with really enjoyed helping others and tried their best to do the most for this non-profit organization.

1 2 3 4 5

About Muscular Dystrophy Association

The Muscular Dystrophy Association (MDA) is a not-for-profit health agency that supports research into more than 40 neuromuscular – Read more

Muscular Dystrophy Association Salaries