Muscular Dystrophy Association Employee Reviews

Job was Repetative
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Honolulu, HIAugust 30, 2015
Pros: Excellent Benefits
Cons: Not enough variety
Position became boring and management was very micro-managing. Although a good company, I did not feel that there was enough room for growth.
Very productive.
Volunteer Recruitment Coordinator (Former Employee), Raynham, MAAugust 27, 2015
Pros: Helping people who couldn't help themselves
Cons: The budget cuts cost me my job
I truly loved my job and felt like I made a difference in peoples lives. I helped with fund raisers, balancing the books, making flyers, getting people to help volunteer to raise funds for the less fortunate
Rewarding job, low compensation
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), Knoxville, TNAugust 25, 2015
Pros: PTO, benefits, rewarding work
Cons: Low salaries, no raises
I have worked at MDA for more than seven years in an administrative role. I feel more confident about the future of the company now than I ever have. I think they have hired an excellent CEO and executive – more... staff. I enjoy the work and my interactions with our clients. While MDA does provide solid medical benefits and PTO, I am seeking employment elsewhere due to the low financial compensation. I have not known any employee in my time here to have ever received a raise, and the opportunity for advancement is slim. MDA is a great company and is a great place to work as a young person or right out of college, but doesn't allow you to advance or be compensated in a realistic way. – less
A company that cares about it's staff and those it serve
Broadcast Relations Manager (Former Employee), Tucson, AZAugust 14, 2015
Pros: A company that appreciates hard work
This company encourages a productive, energized and learning new and creative work environment - encourages growth and self develpment
For some not all
Compensated Fundraiser (Former Employee), Louisville, KYJuly 28, 2015
Pros: Compensation, environment
Cons: Callees
The work is fulfilling seeing that you are helping children with Muscular Dystrophy, the supervisors are super encouraging and positive, although those on the other end of the phone call aren't as warm which is expected.
Very Decieving
Fund Raiser Recruiter (Former Employee), Roanoke, VAJuly 21, 2015
A day in the life of an recruiter would include calling people and getting them to participate in the fund raiser "lock up" the women who was the over seeiers of this fund raiser only cared about the money in witch a good percent went to them and never the patients it was ment for.
Good starting position
Temporary Recruitment Coordinator (Former Employee), Macon, GAJuly 21, 2015
Pros: Gift cards for performing well
Cons: Low pay
Nice office environment. Friendly staff. Not a difficult job, but very low pay. No commission. No room for increasing pay. No room for advancement. Just something if you're looking for something temporary.
Productive Workplace
Executive Director (Current Employee), East Syracuse, NYJuly 12, 2015
Workplace is all about revenue generation and sales. Health programming is also important but not an area where outcomes tend to be transparent.
Great place to work.
Admin Assistant / Patient Service Coordinator (Former Employee), Taunton, MAJune 12, 2015
Loved the variety of my work; I did a little of everything. Enjoyed meeting and helping the families who benefited from the services offered by the association. Plenty of opportunities for advancement.

Casual, friendly work environment. Co-workers were great; everyone got along and worked well as a team. I left MDA 18 years ago but still keep in touch with some former co-workers.
The MDA Team was an awesome experience.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Tucson, AZMay 10, 2015
Before Jerry Lewis quit as the sponsor, my employment at MDA was busy and fulfilling. The Labor Day Telethon in Vegas was the most exciting and fun experience. It gave me a well-rounded base for the non-profit arena, disabilities and how to fundraise to help deserving families.
Loved working at Publix.
Volunteer Recruitment Coordinator (Former Employee), Raynham, MAApril 8, 2015
Pros: Treat employees well.
Cons: none
I would work for Publix if I ever move back to Florida. Publix really has appreciation for their employees, there is room for advancement, and they promote from within.
Recruitment Coordinator (Former Employee), Brookfield, WIMarch 16, 2015
Pros: hour break for lunch, consistent yet flexible hours and income, friendly
Cons: temp position
Every day was very similar. Morning meeting, conduct fundraising duties, lunch, afternoon prep, continue work, end of day review.

My phone and paperwork processing skills definitely grew in this position. – more... I have also improved upon my organization, scheduling, and time management.

All my co-workers were very friendly!

The most difficult part of the job is persuading the potential business executive to commit their time to participate in the fundraiser.

The most enjoyable part of the job was it's consistency. – less
Very stressful job.
Volunteer Recruitment Coordinator (Former Employee), Champaign, ILFebruary 16, 2015
These are all temporary positions. Lot of pushing for numbers, but no real guidance in how to achieve the numbers. Most people lasted less than 3 months, They would hire 7-8 people and then weed them out to 2 or 3 and those did not last.
Satisfying job helping others
Health Care Services Coordinator (Former Employee), Fort Wayne, INFebruary 5, 2015
Assisted over 750 families in Northern Indiana with clinic visits, equipment, referrals and questions.

Camp Director for kids with muscular dystrophy ages 6-17 for one week during the summer. Hired and managed volunteers, programming, nurse care & physician care for the week.

Very enjoyable office!
NA
District Fundraising Events Coordinator (Current Employee), New EnglandJanuary 19, 2015
Salary is low for work load, but is good job to get more experience and move on
Need more room for advancement
Company is trying to fix employee relations for future
Fun job most of the time
Great Cause
Regional Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Fort Myers, FLDecember 16, 2014
Non-profits are companies who are working hard to make a difference in someone else's life. I was lucky enough to be a part of this team for over 2 years and see the difference in every family, child, and adult through the many programs they offer.
Great place to work and play
Intern (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCDecember 12, 2014
Pros: pot lucks, aren't too strict time wise
Cons: numbers based, have to be a pushy sometimes
Being an intern, I wasn't exposed to the full description of the fundraiser coordinator job. But, the people who work there are nice and will help you whenever you need it. I enjoyed going to the different fundraiser events they had and all the planning that went into it.
n?a
Fundraising Coordinator (Current Employee), Houston, TXDecember 2, 2014
– Started over 100 new accounts within a 6 year period
– Prospected and made 30 new account sales calls a month
– Preformed 100 account reviews per year.
– Managed over 300 account
– Recruited over 3000 – more... youth members
– Recruited and managed over 800 major volunteers to help sustain Accounts
– Maintained a 87% retention rate of existing accounts
– Managed 30 paraprofessional whom ran Boy Scouts Outreach Programs
– Coaches, mentors, and develops program paraprofessionals and volunteers through orientation, training, and constructive feedback – less
Amazing Team!
Customer Service (Former Employee), Ashland City, TNNovember 29, 2014
I was in the troubleshooting department here, or in other words Call Center. I loved the friendly atmosphere, always very understanding and family oriented. I ended up leaving because I moved so far away.
Most enjoyable part of the job
Health Care Service Coordinator (Current Employee), Allentown, PAOctober 28, 2014
I love working with my clients and helping them achieve things they otherwise would not be able.