Muscular Dystrophy Association

Muscular Dystrophy Association Employee Reviews

Very Decieving
Fund Raiser Recruiter (Former Employee), Roanoke, VAJuly 21, 2015
A day in the life of an recruiter would include calling people and getting them to participate in the fund raiser "lock up" the women who was the over seeiers of this fund raiser only cared about the money in witch a good percent went to them and never the patients it was ment for.
Good starting position
Temporary Recruitment Coordinator (Former Employee), Macon, GAJuly 21, 2015
Pros: Gift cards for performing well
Cons: Low pay
Nice office environment. Friendly staff. Not a difficult job, but very low pay. No commission. No room for increasing pay. No room for advancement. Just something if you're looking for something temporary.
Productive Workplace
Executive Director (Current Employee), East Syracuse, NYJuly 12, 2015
Workplace is all about revenue generation and sales. Health programming is also important but not an area where outcomes tend to be transparent.
Great place to work.
Admin Assistant / Patient Service Coordinator (Former Employee), Taunton, MAJune 12, 2015
Loved the variety of my work; I did a little of everything. Enjoyed meeting and helping the families who benefited from the services offered by the association. Plenty of opportunities for advancement.

Casual, friendly work environment. Co-workers were great; everyone got along and worked well as a team. I left MDA 18 years ago but still keep in touch with some former co-workers.
The MDA Team was an awesome experience.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Tucson, AZMay 10, 2015
Before Jerry Lewis quit as the sponsor, my employment at MDA was busy and fulfilling. The Labor Day Telethon in Vegas was the most exciting and fun experience. It gave me a well-rounded base for the non-profit arena, disabilities and how to fundraise to help deserving families.
Loved working at Publix.
Volunteer Recruitment Coordinator (Former Employee), Raynham, MAApril 8, 2015
Pros: Treat employees well.
Cons: none
I would work for Publix if I ever move back to Florida. Publix really has appreciation for their employees, there is room for advancement, and they promote from within.
Recruitment Coordinator (Former Employee), Brookfield, WIMarch 16, 2015
Pros: hour break for lunch, consistent yet flexible hours and income, friendly
Cons: temp position
Every day was very similar. Morning meeting, conduct fundraising duties, lunch, afternoon prep, continue work, end of day review.

My phone and paperwork processing skills definitely grew in this position. I have also improved upon my organization, scheduling, and time management.

All my co-workers were very friendly!

The most difficult part of the job is persuading the potential business executive to commit their time to participate in the fundraiser.

The most enjoyable part of the job was it's consistency.
Very stressful job.
Volunteer Recruitment Coordinator (Former Employee), Champaign, ILFebruary 16, 2015
These are all temporary positions. Lot of pushing for numbers, but no real guidance in how to achieve the numbers. Most people lasted less than 3 months, They would hire 7-8 people and then weed them out to 2 or 3 and those did not last.
Satisfying job helping others
Health Care Services Coordinator (Former Employee), Fort Wayne, INFebruary 5, 2015
Assisted over 750 families in Northern Indiana with clinic visits, equipment, referrals and questions.

Camp Director for kids with muscular dystrophy ages 6-17 for one week during the summer. Hired and managed volunteers, programming, nurse care & physician care for the week.

Very enjoyable office!
NA
District Fundraising Events Coordinator (Current Employee), New EnglandJanuary 19, 2015
Salary is low for work load, but is good job to get more experience and move on
Need more room for advancement
Company is trying to fix employee relations for future
Fun job most of the time
Great Cause
Regional Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Fort Myers, FLDecember 16, 2014
Non-profits are companies who are working hard to make a difference in someone else's life. I was lucky enough to be a part of this team for over 2 years and see the difference in every family, child, and adult through the many programs they offer.
Great place to work and play
Intern (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCDecember 12, 2014
Pros: pot lucks, aren't too strict time wise
Cons: numbers based, have to be a pushy sometimes
Being an intern, I wasn't exposed to the full description of the fundraiser coordinator job. But, the people who work there are nice and will help you whenever you need it. I enjoyed going to the different fundraiser events they had and all the planning that went into it.
n?a
Fundraising Coordinator (Current Employee), Houston, TXDecember 2, 2014
– Started over 100 new accounts within a 6 year period
– Prospected and made 30 new account sales calls a month
– Preformed 100 account reviews per year.
– Managed over 300 account
– Recruited over 3000 youth members
– Recruited and managed over 800 major volunteers to help sustain Accounts
– Maintained a 87% retention rate of existing accounts
– Managed 30 paraprofessional whom ran Boy Scouts Outreach Programs
– Coaches, mentors, and develops program paraprofessionals and volunteers through orientation, training, and constructive feedback
Amazing Team!
Customer Service (Former Employee), Ashland City, TNNovember 29, 2014
I was in the troubleshooting department here, or in other words Call Center. I loved the friendly atmosphere, always very understanding and family oriented. I ended up leaving because I moved so far away.
Most enjoyable part of the job
Health Care Service Coordinator (Current Employee), Allentown, PAOctober 28, 2014
I love working with my clients and helping them achieve things they otherwise would not be able.
Great place to volunteer
Volunteer services (Current Employee), Baltimore, MDOctober 25, 2014
Wonderful experience with the same patient over the years. watched his disease progress, and saw how his parents really devoted their time to him which was amazing to see how much work they did for their son. Life changing, and if you have an opportunity as a nurse to take on a high needs child, its very rewarding.
Poor management, Need an olderand more mature manager
Recruit coordinator (Current Employee), Flowood, MSSeptember 30, 2014
Pros: long break
Cons: staff very unfriendly, not enough hous
The Flowood location is managed poorly. All the managers did was sit around and play all day and expect you to do all the work. Sometimes they would come in and not speak to the recruit coordinators like we were beneath them
Very interesting
Marketing Clerk/ Secretary (Former Employee), Farmington Hills, MISeptember 25, 2014
This job was telemarketing based, a bad day could mean your last day.
Uncertain Future
Customer Service (Former Employee), Tucson, AZSeptember 17, 2014
Pros: good benefits package
Cons: management is vague about changes. no raises in the future
Used to be a great place to work but has been going down hill since 2011. Organization has an uncertain future with all of the changes that are being implemented at the top.
Dedicated environment to service patients
Regional Sales Services Coordinator (Former Employee), New York, NYSeptember 12, 2014
It was extraordinary the amount of dedication each employee gave to the company in order to service the patients with muscular dystrophy. It is a strongly service-oriented company that secures the donations to be efficiently supporting the services they provide at their clinics and for research. The fundraising events are fun and creative.

1 2 3 4 5

About Muscular Dystrophy Association

The Muscular Dystrophy Association (MDA) is a not-for-profit health agency that supports research into more than 40 neuromuscular – Read more

Muscular Dystrophy Association Salaries