Muscular Dystrophy Association

Muscular Dystrophy Association Employer Reviews

not good
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Birmingham, ALJuly 24, 2014
not good lack of hours. Not good environment in my opinion. What the company does is great how they help kids that has MDA but the people who work there are just a little weird.
Fun workplace, Girls there are great
Fundraiser Recruiter (Former Employee), Cincinnati, OHJuly 24, 2014
Pros: lots of bonuses
Cons: not enough hours
Enjoy very much communicating with business professionals and explaining the fun behind a good cause.
Great place to start a non profit career
Fundraising Coordinator (Former Employee), Houston, TXJuly 2, 2014
Pros: team work
Cons: promotions
This is a job that one really has to be willing to jump right in. It is a hard job that requires a lot of time management, but the reward is well worth the work.
Was a good job
Volunteer Recruitment Coordinator (Former Employee), Raynham, MAJune 30, 2014
Did alot of work with Microsoft Office. I did alot of different functions.
great place to work, MDA familes are amazing
Administrative Assistant/ Fundraising Coordinator (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVJune 1, 2014
Pros: fun events
I enjoyed every minute I worked there and have continued to stay an active supporter of the MDA
Great experience in a non-profit
Non-profit Fundraising Assistant (Current Employee), Allentown, PAApril 29, 2014
This temporary position has been a great experience assisting the Fundraising Coordinator at MDA.
Very Good place to work and everyone is very friendly
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Roanoke, VAApril 22, 2014
I loved working with everyone it is nice to do something that helps others
Marketing/Office Assistant (Former Employee), Winter Park, FLApril 21, 2014
The core values and people in the organization are riveting. I was truly inspired while working there. the freedom I experienced to lead, learn and express my own ideas and and have the opportunity to experiment with them will always be my favorite part.
Muscular Dystrophy Association Review
Fundraising Coordinator (Former Employee), Buffalo, NYApril 9, 2014
Pros: community interaction, work atmosphere, job duties
Cons: temporary
At the MDA I started each day with a meeting to encourage and inform my donor recruiters of the days goals. We went over numbers and pitch performance to enhance the days outcomes. I would then check correspondence and notes, as well as contact donors to see their progress in fundraising for our upcoming events. I also contacted local community business – more... to inform them of our cause and see if they would like to donate for any MDA event.
The management was amazing. I was lead by a very capable and friendly woman who I worked well with. My co-workers were all very open and friendly, and were there if I ever needed anything.
The only difficult part of this job was knowing it was only a temporary position and that I wouldn't be able to stay on.
I loved everything about this job, from interacting with co-workers and community members, to organizing fundraising events. The greatest part was working for a non-profit that served such an important cause. – less
Great learning experience
Health Care Service Coordinator (Former Employee), Tucson, AZMarch 19, 2014
Pros: x
Cons: x
Worked in various areas, learning a tremendous amount in each one.
Nice and friendly
Customer Service Representative and Recruiter (Current Employee), Milwaukee,WI.February 27, 2014
Pros: friendly people
Cons: not stable
Working hard and helping changing people life. I like it but the hrs. are not full time and not stable.
Fun Workplace
Contractor (Former Employee), Denver, COFebruary 12, 2014
Competition!!! Love daily goals and games played.. Love the joy of communication among team players and management..
Loved the mission, but that was all
Health Care Services Coordinator (Former Employee), Portland, ORFebruary 5, 2014
Pros: the families you serve.
Cons: management is ridiculous and embarrassing.
If you can ignore the fact that you will be micro-managed and treated like a teenager by someone that doesn't understand your job and is supposed to.
If you don't mind constantly having to send your boss emails and information about what you are doing to help them understand and they don't bother to read any of it and they still continue to give you – more... grief.
If you can let go of the fact that you will try and try for work/ life balance, and still get to spend early mornings, nights and weekends making sure that you do all the things on your list that need to be done without the support of the rest of the team.
If you can't wait to put thousands of miles on your own car and pay for work related purchases on your own credit card.
If you don't mind having no salary increase or being discouraged in trying to advance.
Then you will love the MDA as a Health Care Services Coordinator. The only reward is the families that you help but they are even treated like second class people by the "fundraising" team. – less
Greatest experience of my life!!
Sales/Community Services (Former Employee), San Juan, PRFebruary 1, 2014
Pros: everything
Cons: everything !
I loved working for the MDA , you make a difference in someones life. It also allows you to speak and to meet different lines of business.
temporary
Volunteer Recruitment Coordinator (Former Employee), Grand Rapids, MIJanuary 29, 2014
Temporary job not enough time to get to know any employees. Fun, and independent work place
Fast-Paced Work Environment for Goal-Oriented Individuals
Fundraising Coordinator (Former Employee), El Paso, TXJanuary 27, 2014
Pros: good training, benefits
Cons: long hours
There are many opportunities for advancement due to hard work and dedication. This is a fast-paced working environment and demands a strong dedication to the cause. The job involves multi-tasking and juggling multiple projects concurrently.
This was a great temp work environment.
Volunteer Recruitment Coordinator (Former Employee), North Haven, CTJanuary 21, 2014
I really enjoyed my time at Muscular Dystrophy raising funds for the Lock up program. It was very organized we met every day before the shift and when we finished. The hardest part of the job was not being able to leave any personal information or email information to high level clientele. I was able to bring on some great people from referrals I asked – more... for. I liked the work environment and our direct supervisor was very positive. – less
Helping Colorado families that struggle with Muscular Dystrophy
Event Planning Intern (Former Employee), Denver, COJanuary 10, 2014
I have volunteered many years in the office and was offered an intern position this summer. I was able to plan five watch parties for the MDA regions in CO and one in WY. The people that work at the MDA are sincere and love their mission. The families a part of the MDA are also amazing and just so loving. The management it ran very smoothly and everyone – more... is willing to help. – less
Productive and fun work place never any down time.
Volunteer Work (Current Employee), Boynton Beach, FLJanuary 9, 2014
Pros: free food
A typical day at MDA is very fun, there is food and always something to talk about with my peers. I learned that work is fun really. My co-workers are nice friendly people and there is no hardest part of the job but the most enjoyable part of the job is showing up because there is always something to do.
MDA
Healthcare Service Coordinator (Current Employee), Seattle, WADecember 26, 2013
Good people, good cause. Not much room for movement upwards, cuts are happening like in any non-profit. The work you do is rewarding.

1 2 3 4 5

About Muscular Dystrophy Association

The Muscular Dystrophy Association (MDA) is a not-for-profit health agency that supports research into more than 40 neuromuscular – Read more