The Museum of Life and Science in Durham seeks a reliable person to join our team as the Event & Rentals Assistant Manager. This position supports the Museum’s mission by supporting Birthday Parties, private Rentals and Events at the Museum and contributing to the growth of the Museum as a private event venue. Duties for this position include but are not limited to:
- Oversee and manage all Birthday Party logistics, to include but not limited to hiring, training and managing Adjunct Birthday Party Educators, party program development, manage the birthday party schedule (room assignment), coordinate schedules of coverage for birthday parties and teach parties as the schedule requires.
- Serve as primary contact for internal Museum event coordination, to include but not limited to sitting in on planning meetings, logistical development, coordinating with participating vendors, create and implement event set ups, scheduling staff coverage and recruiting volunteers to work the event.
- Support Reservations in sales and booking of children birthday parties through phone, email and drop in inquiries and bookings.
- Serve as a liaison with outside vendors for private Rentals, Birthday Parties and Museum Events
- Provide assistance to the Rental & Events Manager in marketing MLS as a special event and meeting venue to include but not limited to providing on-site coordinator for private rentals, attending outreach events, updating website content, maintain supply of marketing collateral,
- Provide operational support for Rental and Events Department, including but not limited providing general administrative tasks and assisting in the development of an annual budget and performance plan for Birthday Parties, recommend program development strategies, yearly programming goals and objectives to support growth and improve the within the department.
Requirements for the position include High School Diploma/GED, the ability to lift 25 lbs, be on one’s feet for 4+ hours at a time and walk distances of up to 1 mile, excellent customer service experience, excellent verbal and written communication skills, familiarity with MS Office, good planning/logistics skills, strong attention to detail with a high level of organization, good multi-tasking abilities and the ability to work under pressure, positive attitude and great work ethic and experience working as part of a team. The successful candidate must also be able to work outside in changing weather conditions and be available for occasional evening work as required.
Preference will be given to candidates with prior experience in event support and/or coordination, teaching experience and experience planning and coordinating logistics.
This position is full time, exempt with a regular work schedule of Tuesday through Saturday. The hiring range is $25,000-$27,000/year. For more information about the Museum, please visit http://www.lifeandscience.org Submit resume via email or via fax to 919-220-5575. Candidates may also go to the Museum’s website to complete the online job application. Application deadline is April 12, 2013. EOE
Indeed - 15 months ago
The Museum of Life and Science is one of North Carolina’s top attractions. We are committed to creating a place of life-long learning...