Musical Instrument Museum Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
Work-Life BalancePay & BenefitsJob Security & AdvancementManagementCulture
Wonderful environment with wonderful people
Experience Gallery Guide and Guest Service Guide (Current Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZApril 16, 2017
Everyday is a new day with new people. The Musical Instrument Museum (MIM) provides employees, volunteers and guests with a wide variety of opportunities and events. The hardest part of the job is rush hour towards the end of the day, but otherwise the whole experience is fun and exciting. The most enjoyable part of the job is showing people the museum and new instruments, as well as assisting with special events. My fellow volunteers and other employees are very helpful and welcoming and they help me whenever I need it, as well as providing me with fun conversations. I have learned to be more professional as well as having a fun time at this museum.
Pros
Discounts in store, cafe, and theatre performances
The Summer Camp position at the MIM is wonderful!
DRAMA INSTRUCTOR (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJuly 7, 2015
I was only contracted to work there for a month which is why I only gave it a 3 for advancement- I'm sure there were other oppurtunities for people with longer term jobs. I was the drama instructor for their first ever Summer Camp and I loved every second of it. They were VERY accomodating and I had so many people on my team to help me and back me up. I was constantly asked if there was anything I needed and every worker went above and beyond the call of duty. The facility is very nice and clean and they have very tasty food in their onsite bistro. Work here if you ever get the chance!!