Musicians Institute is a contemporary school of music located in Hollywood California. We prepare our students for careers in the music industry as recording artists, performers, sound engineers, promoters and managers. Our students arrive with a passion for music and leave with the practical knowledge, technical skills and hands-on experience that it takes to transform their aspirations into careers.
The Human Resources Generalist/Benefits Specialist administers and / or implements the overall provision of human resources services, systems, policies and benefits for the entire Company.
- Maintains knowledge of legal requirements and government reporting regulations affecting human resources functions and ensures policies, procedures, and reporting are in compliance with federal and state regulations.
- Plans and conducts new employee orientation to foster positive attitude toward company goals.
- Keeps records of benefits plans participation such as insurance and pension plan, personnel transactions such as hires, promotions, transfers, performance reviews, and terminations, and employee statistics for government reporting.
- Administers benefits programs such as life, health, dental and disability insurances, pension plans, vacation, sick leave, leave of absence, and employee assistance.
- Prepares employee separation notices and related documentation.
- Investigates accidents and prepares reports for insurance carrier.
- Participates in administrative staff meetings and attends other meetings and seminars, as needed. Maintains company organization charts and employee directory.
- Maintains Human Resource Information System records and compiles reports from database.
- Performs other related duties as required and assigned.
- A bachelor’s degree and three to five years of Human Resources experience preferred.
- Professional in Human Resources (PHR) certification preferred.
- Considerable knowledge of principles and practices of personnel administration.
- Oral and written communication skills – effectively communicates accurate information to customers.
- Excellent interpersonal skills – listens and understands others. Articulates clearly.
- Service oriented – does what it takes to meet the expectations of customers.
- Ethical / honest – helps establish and adheres to policies and procedures. Does not bend the rules or “cut corners’. Serves as the example of appropriate behavior.
- Collaborative – enlists information from all sources to ensure the best solution to an issue.
- Commitment – follows through on assigned tasks.
- Action – takes immediate action on resolving issues, concerns, assigned tasks or project through completion.
- Office equipment including, but not limited to, computer, phone, fax machine, copier and calculator.
- Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, Adobe Reader, Power Point, File Maker Pro, ADP, iEmployee
- Company information system applications.
Depending on experience