Muskegon Community College Employee Reviews

Was amazing
Custodian (Former Employee) –  Muskegon, MIOctober 31, 2017
The time i worked as a student worker was great and helped me come to realize that i liked being a custodian. it helped me decide what jobs i were going to apply for when i moved
great place to work
Graphics Quick Copy Attendant (Former Employee) –  Muskegon, MISeptember 28, 2017
I worked here for job study while going to nursing school. Staff was excellent. I was able to get my work done and do my studies as well. Work was right where my school was so worked perfect!
Pros
location, great staff
Very Productive IT enviroment
Technical Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Muskegon, MISeptember 12, 2017
Very Good IT internship. Lots of great people to work with. Very knowledgeable and caring about helping others succeed!

The Daily Tasks varied a lot which made it very interesting and challenging at the same time which leads the intern to grow and become who he/she wants to.
Pros
Good people to be around
teaching
Education Department Chairperson (Former Employee) –  Muskegon, MIAugust 30, 2017
I retired after 22 years of working there as adjunct and fulltime.
I loved it.College Success Center, worked as liaison between MCC and Muskegon Correctional Facility as PREP. Prison Rehab Education Program liaison.
I worked with staff, inmates as a supervisor and as a instructor. Very well managed.
Pros
good students, good staff
Driver (Former Employee) –  Muskegon, MIJuly 6, 2017
This was a great company to work for. I tranported students from their town homes to the school campus. Many of them had disabilities that prohibited them from walking far distances.
Great place to teach!
Adjunct Instructor, Philosophy (Former Employee) –  Muskegon, MIApril 27, 2017
Small, supportive environment and department. Class sizes are great for teaching and student learning, students are polite and respectful, and the college itself is quite beautiful.
Almost no new full-time/perm/with benefits
Math Instructor (adjunct) (Current Employee) –  Math departmentMarch 27, 2017
MCC will hire only adjuncts and other part-time people, which is really sad. They are in the education business, yet fail to reward education attainment. I can't survive on 1-2 classes a quarter. Then to advertise/accept applications for a "pool" from which to draw from to fill current and future openings is an insult. I realize this is what all colleges do, but it makes them no different than Walmart.
Pros
Nice people to work with
Cons
No opportunities for employment
Student
Student Web Designer and Programmer (Former Employee) –  Muskegon, MIMarch 4, 2017
Did the student thing. Not much to say you get what you put into it. I wanted 2 degrees while attending and thats what I got. I also took extra classes in A+ certification as well. I will probably go back some time soon
Very fun and productive!
Lab Supervisor Assistant (Current Employee) –  Muskegon, MIFebruary 17, 2017
It is a blast working at Muskegon Community College! I wouldn't want to work anywhere else. Everyone is so encouraging and so up-lifting. I'm so grateful to have the opportunity to work in the life science department on campus. My boss is incredible, the teachers are understanding and truly want the best for their students/employees.
Great work enviornment
IT Support Staff (Former Employee) –  Muskegon, MIFebruary 9, 2017
A great place for people trying out the IT field for the first time. Workers are provided with excellent learning and management by the support staff. Great people to work with.
Fun hobby and way of making a little spending money
Tutor (Former Employee) –  Muskegon, MIDecember 17, 2016
Tutoring at MCC is nice if your financial aid provides the work-study hours and if you've mastered subjects and can teach them to others. At that, this was just a work-study offered to students. $9.50/hour was provided for all of my 7 hours of work-study offered a week and the school, though it can only tutor students, will provide contact information from non-students looking for help in High School, another college, etc for tutors to meet on their own time and make money at the discretion of themselves and those they tutor off the clock.
Pros
No intensive work schedule, everything works around your schedule
Cons
Not a serious job with a fancy paycheck or opportunities for advancement.
Great for college student
Community Outreach Department Work Study (Former Employee) –  Muskegon, MIAugust 16, 2016
I was a work study in the Community Outreach Department at MCC for 2 years. It was one of the best experiences of my life. I learned so much while working there and it helped me decided what I wanted to study in college.
Pros
Flexible schedule
active work in environment
Assist students (Former Employee) –  Muskegon, MIJune 9, 2016
There was always some work that needed to be done. Never a dull moment. Customers where treated with respect and learned we are all the same by listening to there stories.
MCC Review
Student Worker (Current Employee) –  Muskegon, MIApril 27, 2016
Working at MCC is amazing. The staff are really nice and you can tell they care about your well being and education. There is a great support system here.
A comfortable work and learning balance.
Criminal Justice- Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Muskegon, MIJanuary 28, 2016
I had the opportunity to meet several people, who later became part of my work family at the sheriffs department.
All of the work I did provided a learning environment by the networking involved.
I had the experience of learning all of the office machines, phone systems, and programs necessary for the criminal justice field.
Pros
networking contacts
productive and fun workplace
Student Worker (Former Employee) –  Muskegon, MIOctober 23, 2015
intersting job where you get to learn of the technologies used by the college and you get hands on work experience which is very useful later on after college
Productive, proactive, and fun workplace on a soccer field
WOMEN'S SOCCER ASSISTANT COACH (Current Employee) –  Muskegon, MichiganSeptember 21, 2015
Awesome workplace with proactive and supportive management. Athletic director allows us to run a program based on what we want to do. Possibility of being successful is very high, which creates a great workplace.
I am an adjunct professor
Adjunct Professor (Current Employee) –  MuskegonAugust 17, 2015
I've always had support and help whenever I've needed it. I enjoy working with the students and the other staff I have contact with at MCC.
Exceptional Place to work
Adjunct Professor (Former Employee) –  Muskegon, MIMay 22, 2015
MCC is an exceptional place to work. The people are all kind and friendly, and teachers are professional and helpful. The campus is beautiful.
Registering For Classes is Fun!
Office Clerk (Former Employee) –  Muskegon, MIDecember 31, 2014
Helping students daily apply for Federal Aid and getting familiarized on Campus was the most exciting ever! I love helping people and career advancement is very exciting.