Muskegon Community College

Muskegon Community College Employer Reviews

Great place to get office experience
Receptionist (Former Employee), Muskegon, MISeptember 16, 2014
Pros: long lunches
Cons: was only temporary
I learned that as a receptionist for the Vice President of a college it is mandatory to have a friendly smile and outgoing personality.
Work While Attending Classes
WORK STUDY (Former Employee), Muskegon, MIJune 5, 2014
Pros: allowed to do homework while working
Cons: flat pay rate
The ability to be patient and work with fellow students is a must. Accurate filing is very important to this position. Management is very kind and accommodating to employee needs.
Excellent Experience
Tutor (Former Employee), Muskegon, MichiganSeptember 20, 2013
Pros: helping others is reward itself
Cons: couldn't do it full time
The head of the tutoring center is very pleasant and does a great job with all the students that visit. MCC is very helpful in all areas of your education and they are there to help you succeed.
Helpful enviroment and socialization
RECEPTIONIST (Former Employee), Muskegon, MISeptember 5, 2013
Pros: talking with different people
Cons: the supervisor was not very helpful, other employeess were not friendly. the employess killed my enjoyment on the job.
I worked in the Muskegon Community College Tutoring Center as the Reception. I enjoyed working on the computer and helping the students out everyday.
BUSY! BUSY! BUSY!
Secretary (Former Employee), Muskegon, MIJuly 11, 2013
Pros: very organized
Cons: work study job
Nice people. Very helpful. Organized and great place to work and get your foot in the door if you like working as a secretary. I really enjoyed this job!
Student employee, work study
Student Employee (Former Employee), Muskegon, MIMay 6, 2013
Pros: flexible scheduling
Cons: low pay
My schedule was based around my academics. I learned to be more of a people person when interacting with patrons and staff. Management gave a lot of advice to young adults like myself. My co workers were students like I was. The hardest part of the job is when there isn't much going on in the library, it can get boring. The most enjoyable part of the – more... job was helping out patrons. – less
Professional production
Generalist (Former Employee), Muskegon, MIApril 8, 2013
Pros: diversity
Cons: no breaks
A typical day at work will be being kind and helpful to everyone knowing the daily functions of the workplace and following through with productions. I learned that everyone is not going to be kind to you, but it makes the workplace better if you show gratitude and compassion for others and be mindful of others culture. I believe managment should follow – more... out the orders of the boss and makes sure everyone is on board with recommendations. Care for others and their concerns if they were your own and maintain clean and safe environment for work. I dont feel a job is hard unless its straining on your body, but its best to perservere throughout the job and be dependable for other employees. The most enjoyable part of a job is meeting new people and understanding their background and how I can help – less
Good
Spanish Adjunct Faculty (Current Employee), Muskegon, MIApril 7, 2013
Great Place, great people, wonderful ambience.
Working at MCC has been a great place for me. I love how people treat each other there. It is a good college.
Good customer service
OIT Office Student Technician (Former Employee), Muskegon, MIFebruary 13, 2013
We handled staff requests and incidents that had problems with their work computers and fixed them. Ran media requests, setup labs, install new computers, take old computers out.
Easy to work here
Administrative Application Specialist (Former Employee), Muskegon MIJanuary 28, 2013
Pros: very friendly and layed back
Cons: not stable with state funding
Values are high, usually flexible with time. My co-workers were awesome. Hardest part of the job was being outsourced.
Efficient
Student Worker (Former Employee), Muskegon, MIDecember 30, 2012
Pros: teach finances
Cons: not enough hours
Customer service and helping students register for classes. Organizing folders and guiding students through the application process for loans.
A place that I was part of the Learning Experience.
Adjunct Professor (Former Employee), Muskegon, MIOctober 17, 2012
Muskegon Community College was a wonderful place to work. Since I worked at night, I didn't meet all my collegues. Those I did meet were very helpful in entering the school of higher education. I feel the hardest part of my job was creating lessons that met the needs of "all" my students. The greatest joy was meeting and touching the lives of students(15-25).
Great place to work!
Office Assistant (Former Employee), Muskegon, MIAugust 21, 2012
I was a student worker at MCC. It was a great opportunity for me to gain experience in the field in which I was studying. I loved my supervisor and co-workers. My only regret is that the job only lasted while I was a student. I would have loved to make a career at MCC.
Great Place to Work
Call Center Representative (Former Employee), Muskegon, MIAugust 20, 2012
I enjoyed my time at Muskegon Community College in the call center.
Wonderful place to work and learn!
Helpdesk/Lab Services Technician (Former Employee), Muskegon, MIJuly 8, 2012
Nice Co-workers, great enviroment, up to date mangement.

Was able to both work and learn at MCC.
Working with the students was great
Adjunct Instructor (Former Employee), Muskegon, MIFebruary 14, 2012
Pros: students
I enjoy helping connect the theoretical with the practical. All my evaluations from the students were above average to excellent.