Muskegon Community College Employee Reviews

Great work enviornment
IT Support Staff (Former Employee) –  Muskegon, MIFebruary 9, 2017
A great place for people trying out the IT field for the first time. Workers are provided with excellent learning and management by the support staff. Great people to work with.
Fun hobby and way of making a little spending money
Tutor (Former Employee) –  Muskegon, MIDecember 17, 2016
Tutoring at MCC is nice if your financial aid provides the work-study hours and if you've mastered subjects and can teach them to others. At that, this was just a work-study offered to students. $9.50/hour was provided for all of my 7 hours of work-study offered a week and the school, though it can only tutor students, will provide contact information from non-students looking for help in High School, another college, etc for tutors to meet on their own time and make money at the discretion of themselves and those they tutor off the clock.
Pros
No intensive work schedule, everything works around your schedule
Cons
Not a serious job with a fancy paycheck or opportunities for advancement.
Great for college student
Community Outreach Department Work Study (Former Employee) –  Muskegon, MIAugust 16, 2016
I was a work study in the Community Outreach Department at MCC for 2 years. It was one of the best experiences of my life. I learned so much while working there and it helped me decided what I wanted to study in college.
Pros
Flexible schedule
active work in environment
Assist students (Former Employee) –  Muskegon, MIJune 9, 2016
There was always some work that needed to be done. Never a dull moment. Customers where treated with respect and learned we are all the same by listening to there stories.
MCC Review
Student Worker (Current Employee) –  Muskegon, MIApril 27, 2016
Working at MCC is amazing. The staff are really nice and you can tell they care about your well being and education. There is a great support system here.
A comfortable work and learning balance.
Criminal Justice- Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Muskegon, MIJanuary 28, 2016
I had the opportunity to meet several people, who later became part of my work family at the sheriffs department.
All of the work I did provided a learning environment by the networking involved.
I had the experience of learning all of the office machines, phone systems, and programs necessary for the criminal justice field.
Pros
networking contacts
productive and fun workplace
Student Worker (Former Employee) –  Muskegon, MIOctober 23, 2015
intersting job where you get to learn of the technologies used by the college and you get hands on work experience which is very useful later on after college
Productive, proactive, and fun workplace on a soccer field
WOMEN'S SOCCER ASSISTANT COACH (Current Employee) –  Muskegon, MichiganSeptember 21, 2015
Awesome workplace with proactive and supportive management. Athletic director allows us to run a program based on what we want to do. Possibility of being successful is very high, which creates a great workplace.
I am an adjunct professor
Adjunct Professor (Current Employee) –  MuskegonAugust 17, 2015
I've always had support and help whenever I've needed it. I enjoy working with the students and the other staff I have contact with at MCC.
Exceptional Place to work
Adjunct Professor (Former Employee) –  Muskegon, MIMay 22, 2015
MCC is an exceptional place to work. The people are all kind and friendly, and teachers are professional and helpful. The campus is beautiful.
Registering For Classes is Fun!
Office Clerk (Former Employee) –  Muskegon, MIDecember 31, 2014
Helping students daily apply for Federal Aid and getting familiarized on Campus was the most exciting ever! I love helping people and career advancement is very exciting.
Good place to work at
Library Assistant (Former Employee) –  Muskegon, MIDecember 15, 2014
Good environment to work in with good management and co-workers.
Great place to get office experience
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Muskegon, MISeptember 16, 2014
I learned that as a receptionist for the Vice President of a college it is mandatory to have a friendly smile and outgoing personality.
Pros
long lunches
Cons
Was only temporary
Work While Attending Classes
WORK STUDY (Former Employee) –  Muskegon, MIJune 5, 2014
The ability to be patient and work with fellow students is a must. Accurate filing is very important to this position. Management is very kind and accommodating to employee needs.
Pros
Allowed to do homework while working
Cons
Flat pay rate
Excellent Experience
Tutor (Former Employee) –  Muskegon, MichiganSeptember 20, 2013
The head of the tutoring center is very pleasant and does a great job with all the students that visit. MCC is very helpful in all areas of your education and they are there to help you succeed.
Pros
Helping others is reward itself
Cons
Couldn't do it full time
Helpful enviroment and socialization
RECEPTIONIST (Former Employee) –  Muskegon, MISeptember 5, 2013
I worked in the Muskegon Community College Tutoring Center as the Reception. I enjoyed working on the computer and helping the students out everyday.
Pros
Talking with different people
Cons
The supervisor was not very helpful, other employeess were not friendly. The employess killed my enjoyment on the job.
Busy! Busy! Busy!
Secretary (Former Employee) –  Muskegon, MIJuly 11, 2013
Nice people. Very helpful. Organized and great place to work and get your foot in the door if you like working as a secretary. I really enjoyed this job!
Pros
Very organized
Cons
Work study job
Student employee, work study
Student Employee (Former Employee) –  Muskegon, MIMay 6, 2013
My schedule was based around my academics. I learned to be more of a people person when interacting with patrons and staff. Management gave a lot of advice to young adults like myself. My co workers were students like I was. The hardest part of the job is when there isn't much going on in the library, it can get boring. The most enjoyable part of the job was helping out patrons.
Pros
flexible scheduling
Cons
low pay
Professional production
Generalist (Former Employee) –  Muskegon, MIApril 8, 2013
A typical day at work will be being kind and helpful to everyone knowing the daily functions of the workplace and following through with productions. I learned that everyone is not going to be kind to you, but it makes the workplace better if you show gratitude and compassion for others and be mindful of others culture. I believe managment should follow out the orders of the boss and makes sure everyone is on board with recommendations. Care for others and their concerns if they were your own and maintain clean and safe environment for work. I dont feel a job is hard unless its straining on your body, but its best to perservere throughout the job and be dependable for other employees. The most enjoyable part of a job is meeting new people and understanding their background and how I can help
Pros
diversity
Cons
no breaks
Good
Spanish Adjunct Faculty (Current Employee) –  Muskegon, MIApril 7, 2013
Great Place, great people, wonderful ambience.
Working at MCC has been a great place for me. I love how people treat each other there. It is a good college.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Muskegon Community College. Our community is ready to answer.

4.7