Muskingum University Employee Reviews

Easy, part time employment
Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  New Concord, OHSeptember 20, 2017
I helped the Geology Department perform research, as well as grade papers for the professor. It was a stress-free, easy job for a full-time student. Look into doing a work study job.
Seeing the kids smile when you know they are our # 1reason for our job. To see them have a healthy place to live . Also their safety came first.
Custodian (Former Employee) –  New Concord, OHAugust 29, 2017
Our boss wanted to be a friend ... She would create more problemes with the co workers ... She didn't want people to get along she is still like that today. If they would get a new trained boss it would make a wonderful place to work ... A boss can make a job or ruin one.
Pros
The college kids are awesome
Cons
Boss over our Dept.
Excellent School!
Resident Assistant (Former Employee) –  New Concord, OHJuly 26, 2017
Great place to get your school work done without stress of job. Students and faculty are extremely nice. Got my degree in 4 years while maintaining a job there. Awesome place!
A great place to work
Educator (Current Employee) –  New Concord, OHJune 20, 2017
Muskingum University is a friendly and productive place to work. It is a professional environment that is always looking to improve. With the changes going on on Campus, Muskingum University has a great future ahead.
fun workplace
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Zanesville, OHApril 17, 2017
good part time job. Great people to work for and to work with. Fun atmosphere if interested in athletics. An easy way to make a little money during college.
I am a computer science student at Muskingum
Student (Former Employee) –  New Concord, OHMarch 7, 2017
Small campus, great atmosphere, nice people and great professors. I do not work here. Indeed thinks I do and that's why I am required to give this review. I am sure it would be a great place to work however because of the great atmosphere and the small town environment.
great place to work love the culture
RESIDENT ASSISTANT (Current Employee) –  New Concord, OHNovember 28, 2016
loved working here great culture and working environment. the hours are great. Its a great way to get some experience with being a leader and dealing with confrontations.
Pros
Management, working environment
Cons
pay
Introducing potential new students to my university
Tour Guide (Current Employee) –  New Concord, OHNovember 2, 2016
I gave tours to students who were looking at Muskingum. I answered questions they had and asked them questions to give them the best experience possible.
Awesome experience
Admission Assistant (Former Employee) –  New Concord, OHJuly 28, 2016
I really loved the people I worked with and the job was easy. I learned a lot and enjoyed helping out admissions. My supervisor was very flexible if I needed to switch work days.
Excellent University
Assistant Coach/Graduate Assistant (Former Employee) –  New Concord, OHMay 2, 2016
Learned a lot about college sports management, hardest part of the job was how close in age I was to all the collegiate athletes, difficult to earn respect as a leader from them.
Pros
food, room and board payed for
Cons
remote location in Ohio
Student Enjoys Classes
Psychology Tutor (Current Employee) –  New Concord, OHMarch 20, 2016
Though it needs work, the administration is doing what it could to increase the quality of the dorms and food. As far was working, I am a student worker and we are rather independent.
nice people to work with
Custodian Worker (Former Employee) –  New Concord, OHMarch 1, 2016
cleaning restrooms,windows,floors,hallways,stairs,sweeping,dusting,moping,disinfecting,clean/polish fixures,sanitize rooms.
Productive environment
Police Intern (Current Employee) –  New Concord, OHJanuary 25, 2016
A knowledgeable work environment that allowed me to manage the office and work dispatch for the station.. The Chief of Police kept me in the circle when pertaining to important features that benefited my future.
Pros
Being part of law-enforcement.
Cons
Working nights
Very well structured and organized work environment
Secretary/Receptionist (Current Employee) –  New Concord, OHJanuary 18, 2016
I would come in the morning turn on all computers, make coffee for professors. I would begin by reading and responding to emails and returning calls and and confirming appointments. After that my day consists of a series of making copies, filing and color coding documents, answering phones and transferring calls, and creating words documents and spreadsheets. This job has taught me to be more organized, to better manage my time, it has strengthened my analytical abilities, and it has ultimately shaped me into a more mature and professional individual.
Entertaining
Lobby Attendant/Ticket Taker (Former Employee) –  New Concord, OHDecember 18, 2015
Working in the Athletic Department made me increase my social interaction skills overall.
The most enjoyable part of the job was having the guests who entered Muskingum University be welcomed and enjoying the visit.
Pros
having money as a student
Cons
getting paid every month
what i learned
Student Worker and Fleet Supervisor (Former Employee) –  New Concord, OHNovember 10, 2015
how different and complicated Universities can be.Great experience working with the students on the campus and it was fun.
Great for campus work during the school year and summer
STUDENT WORKER (Former Employee) –  New Concord, OHJune 19, 2015
Great jobs for during the school year, they are really good about working around your schedule. Management was good, hardest part of the job would be setting up for events.
Pros
layed back with schedule during the school year
Cons
not enough hours or pay
Productive and fun workplace while meeting new people and working on computers
Computer Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  New Concord OhioFebruary 3, 2015
A typical day at work was usually enjoyable. I would help a handful of students each day with the computers in the lab while keeping it organized. I learned how to manage helping more than one person at at time. Controlling a room of people so that no one lost their cool. I had great co-workers, however, there was only one of us working at a time. The hardest part of the job was getting everyone to leave the lab at closing time. The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting new people. Every person I helped became another familiar friendly face on campus.
Pros
Sometimes was able to get homework done if no students were in the lab.
Cons
People can react in ways you don't expect
Just OK
Athletics Coach/Adjunct Professor (Current Employee) –  New Concord, OHDecember 31, 2014
Ok place to work, very backwards in terms of technology/institutional advancements/modern amenities. Everyone is friendly to your face, but will throw you under the bus to get ahead/look good to a boss. Lots of bait & switch during the job interview process and nothing was delivered as promised when actually hired. The retirement benefits and salary is what is keeping me here because they are generous. Gorgeous campus but it is a shame they don't do more for the students here, average graduation rate is under 60% with less than 2,000 students enrolled?
Pros
salary, retirement benefit payout
Cons
health benefits, catty work environment, lack of technology/wifi
lab assistant and tour guide
Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  New Concord, OHOctober 1, 2014
Lab was great, got to meet a lot of interesting people and learn a lot. .