Muskingum University Employee Reviews

Introducing potential new students to my university
Tour Guide (Current Employee) –  New Concord, OHNovember 2, 2016
I gave tours to students who were looking at Muskingum. I answered questions they had and asked them questions to give them the best experience possible.
Awesome experience
Admission Assistant (Former Employee) –  New Concord, OHJuly 28, 2016
I really loved the people I worked with and the job was easy. I learned a lot and enjoyed helping out admissions. My supervisor was very flexible if I needed to switch work days.
Excellent University
Assistant Coach/Graduate Assistant (Former Employee) –  New Concord, OHMay 2, 2016
Learned a lot about college sports management, hardest part of the job was how close in age I was to all the collegiate athletes, difficult to earn respect as a leader from them.
Pros
food, room and board payed for
Cons
remote location in Ohio
Student Enjoys Classes
Psychology Tutor (Current Employee) –  New Concord, OHMarch 20, 2016
Though it needs work, the administration is doing what it could to increase the quality of the dorms and food. As far was working, I am a student worker and we are rather independent.
nice people to work with
Custodian Worker (Former Employee) –  New Concord, OHMarch 1, 2016
cleaning restrooms,windows,floors,hallways,stairs,sweeping,dusting,moping,disinfecting,clean/polish fixures,sanitize rooms.
Productive environment
Police Intern (Current Employee) –  New Concord, OHJanuary 25, 2016
A knowledgeable work environment that allowed me to manage the office and work dispatch for the station.. The Chief of Police kept me in the circle when pertaining to important features that benefited my future.
Pros
Being part of law-enforcement.
Cons
Working nights
Very well structured and organized work environment
Secretary/Receptionist (Current Employee) –  New Concord, OHJanuary 18, 2016
I would come in the morning turn on all computers, make coffee for professors. I would begin by reading and responding to emails and returning calls and and confirming appointments. After that my day consists of a series of making copies, filing and color coding documents, answering phones and transferring calls, and creating words documents and spreadsheets. This job has taught me to be more organized, to better manage my time, it has strengthened my analytical abilities, and it has ultimately shaped me into a more mature and professional individual.
Entertaining
Lobby Attendant/Ticket Taker (Former Employee) –  New Concord, OHDecember 18, 2015
Working in the Athletic Department made me increase my social interaction skills overall.
The most enjoyable part of the job was having the guests who entered Muskingum University be welcomed and enjoying the visit.
Pros
having money as a student
Cons
getting paid every month
what i learned
Student Worker and Fleet Supervisor (Former Employee) –  New Concord, OHNovember 10, 2015
how different and complicated Universities can be.Great experience working with the students on the campus and it was fun.
Great for campus work during the school year and summer
STUDENT WORKER (Former Employee) –  New Concord, OHJune 19, 2015
Great jobs for during the school year, they are really good about working around your schedule. Management was good, hardest part of the job would be setting up for events.
Pros
layed back with schedule during the school year
Cons
not enough hours or pay
Productive and fun workplace while meeting new people and working on computers
Computer Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  New Concord OhioFebruary 3, 2015
A typical day at work was usually enjoyable. I would help a handful of students each day with the computers in the lab while keeping it organized. I learned how to manage helping more than one person at at time. Controlling a room of people so that no one lost their cool. I had great co-workers, however, there was only one of us working at a time. The hardest part of the job was getting everyone to leave the lab at closing time. The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting new people. Every person I helped became another familiar friendly face on campus.
Pros
Sometimes was able to get homework done if no students were in the lab.
Cons
People can react in ways you don't expect
Just OK
Athletics Coach/Adjunct Professor (Current Employee) –  New Concord, OHDecember 31, 2014
Ok place to work, very backwards in terms of technology/institutional advancements/modern amenities. Everyone is friendly to your face, but will throw you under the bus to get ahead/look good to a boss. Lots of bait & switch during the job interview process and nothing was delivered as promised when actually hired. The retirement benefits and salary is what is keeping me here because they are generous. Gorgeous campus but it is a shame they don't do more for the students here, average graduation rate is under 60% with less than 2,000 students enrolled?
Pros
salary, retirement benefit payout
Cons
health benefits, catty work environment, lack of technology/wifi
lab assistant and tour guide
Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  New Concord, OHOctober 1, 2014
Lab was great, got to meet a lot of interesting people and learn a lot. .
Muskingum University
Sanitation Engineer (Current Employee) –  New Concord, OHSeptember 4, 2014
I clean and have learned the ins and outs of the buildings I am in. The management doesn't hover which is really nice and allows you to get your job done without constant interruption. My coworkers are nice for the most part but as with any job there are a couple of people who do not work well with others.
I enjoyed this job!
Student Assistant (Former Employee) –  New Concord, OHAugust 6, 2013
This was a great job that allowed me to work with amazing people. This was not a demanding job, but was one that taught me many skills about office management and a great way to make some extra income for school.
School Job
Athletic Assistant (Current Employee) –  New Concord, OHJune 4, 2013
Its just one day a week while I am at school to make extra money
Great place to gain experience for a future career.
English Literature and Writing Tutor (Current Employee) –  New Concord, OHApril 6, 2013
Muskingum University offers a variety of undergraduate and graduate programs for those wishing to seek higher education. While at school, students have the opportunity to engage in student employment that will help prepare them for their future careers.
Muskingum Univesity
Resident Assistant (Former Employee) –  New Concord, OHMarch 6, 2013
• Advise and mentor 35 to 40 residents
• Create and plan educational programs
• Attend leadership conference and regular staff meetings
• Enforce university policies and handle conflict resolution
• Manage front desk of residence halls
• Create passive programing for bulletin boards
• Accurately and timely complete weekly reports
Pros
getting to know new people
Cons
some people may not appreciate the job
Easy going atmosphere
Graphic Designer (Former Employee) –  New Concord, OHAugust 27, 2012
I worked on my own (with help from my supervisor) to create graphics to be used by the department and learned a lot about working for a client.
Pros
flexible
Cons
minimal hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Muskingum University. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2