Mustang Engineering Employee Reviews

Good to employees, looked out for your best intrest
Document Control, Reproduction, Admin (Former Employee) –  Orange TexasOctober 11, 2017
The Mustang company is the best company to work for. They were always looking out for us. They helped us get raises and good benefits. They cared about the people that worked under their management. I was very happy in their employment. I worked at plant and was forced out by cuts backs. When they laid me off they started to look for me some place to go in their company but I am a grandmother and at time was unable to relocate. The laid of payment was very helpful and they were very good to me when the Invista Plant pushed me out.
Really great place to work.
Senior Automation Systems Design Lead (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 3, 2017
Was nice place to work. Nice people. Good tools for design. Happy at work each day and well organized for design work. Most favorite over the years. Hard to find a better place.
Cons
excellent facility for work place
Senior Expeditor (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 7, 2017
Excellent place to work, friendly workplace, adjustable working hours, listen to your comments for improvement. Allowed extensive travel with no problem. Excellent job opportunity for advancement.
A good place to work for someone who loves the challenge of big, varied projects.
Checker (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 9, 2017
I really liked this company and would have liked to stay with it until retirement. However, it is subject to downturns in the economy (like everything else) and it was due to a workforce reduction that I had to leave. I would still recommend it to any good candidates.
Pros
Working environment, methods, techniques
Cons
Security subject to economics
Great Place.
Consulting Engr (Former Employee) –  Houston, TX 77084August 5, 2017
Great Place. Nice Place to work. Great Environment., Very co-operative professionals. I would love to go back to Mustang. I .wonder if Mustang is doing well now, that oil prices have fallen sharply,
job security is not existing
Senior Piping Designer(PDS) (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCJune 26, 2017
Great little company that is great to work for but does not have many clients. Company does not upgrade equipment as often as it should. Pipers are very close knit and I liked that.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
not much longevity
Great people
INTRUMENT OPEREATOR /CREW CHEIF (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 24, 2017
Graet manement to work for very out going and understand in most situation, great pay with vaction pay 401 heath insurance would recomend anyone for this job..
Pros
Good hours
Cons
Long days
Avoid like the plague.
Package Engineer (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 9, 2017
Very unprofessional and untrained staff who create turmoil to everyone around them. Not managed well. Will not be trained correctly. The blind leading the blind.
Pros
None.
Cons
Not Competent.
Nice place to work prior to their acquisistion.
I&C Engineer (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 26, 2017
Mustang was a family oriented company when I started. After their acquisition they became just another very large company. The upper management teams became arrogant.
Pros
Very talented middle management.
Cons
They lacked focus on day to day business.
Great Place
E/I Designer (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 22, 2017
Mustang Is a wonderful company to work for. However The Wood Group has purchased Mustang so things have changed a bit. They had great Management and great offices and break areas.
Pros
FUN / Location Location Location
Cons
No more work right now.
Friendly co-workers
PROJECT TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCMay 15, 2017
Very friendly co-workers and great family/work balance. Possibility to have more job opportunities if willing to travel. Professional office atmosphere.
Pros
Great work/life balance
Cons
Workload fluctuates
mustang
MODEL MANAGER/PDMS ADMINISTRATOR (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 11, 2017
I worked on projects as a PDMS Admin. I work with people I had known from previous companies. My manager was one of the best managers I ever had. People were very helpful.
Pros
Great
No room for advancement
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 7, 2017
I enjoy working with such a great group of people. However, there is absolutely no opportunity or room for advancing. Hours are great and they work with you schedule such as leaving for appointments outside of work.
Excellent Company
Busness Development, Sales (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 24, 2017
very progressive, growth oriented and Goal driven team of professionals. Management strived for good workplace environment and productivity among all levels.
20 years ago
Apprentice Engineer (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 21, 2017
I was with Mustang engineering over twenty years ago so I do not really feel like it is appropriate for me to review them. I gave four stars because I really don't know. At the time they were a good company.
Enjoyed working with this company
Party Chief (Former Employee) –  Springfield, ILJanuary 23, 2017
Good communications with employees. Great work environment. Many opportunites for learning and advancement, if motivated to do so. Long hours but good compensation.
Great company and people to work for.
Administrative Assistant II (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCJanuary 16, 2017
Great engineering company to work for. Job/work life balance was the best. They really care about their employees. I worked their right before the 2008 economy crash or I would still be working there today.
Pros
lots of opportunities for advancement, volunteering
Nustang
Senior Scheduler, Senior Estimator, (Former Employee) –  Martinez, CADecember 22, 2016
Company had good FEL schedules concept good environment to work in the company lost all of its back log so I looked for other job
Great place
Administrative Assistant/Accounting Clerk (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 30, 2016
Great environment with great people. We all took our jobs very seriously but when it came to "down time" which was not very often, everyone was always happy, cheerful.
Pros
Cons
No cons
Good people
PDS Electrical Designer (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCAugust 10, 2016
Job expectations did not fit my training and experience so we parted ways. Enjoyed my time there and would work there again in a different capacity.