Mustang Engineering Employee Reviews

Enjoyed working with this company
Party Chief (Former Employee) –  Springfield, ILJanuary 23, 2017
Good communications with employees. Great work environment. Many opportunites for learning and advancement, if motivated to do so. Long hours but good compensation.
Great company and people to work for.
Administrative Assistant II (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCJanuary 16, 2017
Great engineering company to work for. Job/work life balance was the best. They really care about their employees. I worked their right before the 2008 economy crash or I would still be working there today.
Pros
lots of opportunities for advancement, volunteering
Nustang
Senior Scheduler, Senior Estimator, (Former Employee) –  Martinez, CADecember 22, 2016
Company had good FEL schedules concept good environment to work in the company lost all of its back log so I looked for other job
Great place
Administrative Assistant/Accounting Clerk (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 30, 2016
Great environment with great people. We all took our jobs very seriously but when it came to "down time" which was not very often, everyone was always happy, cheerful.
Pros
Cons
No cons
Good people
PDS Electrical Designer (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCAugust 10, 2016
Job expectations did not fit my training and experience so we parted ways. Enjoyed my time there and would work there again in a different capacity.
Pipeline surveys
Survey Party Chief (Former Employee) –  Benbrook, TXJune 11, 2016
As a pipeline surveyor, I have spent a lot of time In the field. From daylight to dark 7 days a week to get the job done. I run hard until the project Is completed and done right. Time Is money. I don't waste either.
Great Work Place
Financial Administrator (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 26, 2016
Great place to work and grow your career. It is easy to balance home life, school, and work. It is where people take care of people.
Awesome
Pipeline Designer (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 29, 2016
When I was here, this company was great. The environment was fun and colorful. Always an event for the employees including almost monthly employee gifts and giveaways.
Productive and pleasant workplace environment
Sr. Plant Layout & Piping Designer (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 17, 2016
Mustang has a calm pleasant work environment. I am allowed to work unencumbered with very few distractions. Management is very flexible and easily accessible. My co-workers were polite knowledgeable and easy to get along with. The most enjoyable part of my job is doing 3D modeling and extracting isometric drawings from the model for piping production drawings.
Pros
Mustang was located just 15 minutes from my house.
Cons
Oil and Gas industry jobs are very volatile and subject to work force reductions.
Administration/Document Control - Purchasing (Former Employee) –  Katy, TXFebruary 2, 2016
Basic duties of a purchasing department
I learned many things with this company, they are always willing to show you new things to advance you career
Good place to work and has good upper management and chances for advancement
Instrument Man (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 21, 2015
I enjoyed working for this company. I learned a lot and worked with good natured Professionals. Upper Management was always helpful at any time of dat or night. I also got to work in different cities and states
Enjoyed working with this company and the design team,
Site Lead/Design Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 26, 2015
Site Manage for field assignment, working with an excellent site team of designers of all disciplines. Mustang management was good, client management was good. Hardest part of the job was adjusting to constant change without changes in the schedule. Working with an excellent team made my job much easier.
Pros
Working with a good company, good design team
Cons
constant change of design from client
Great Place to Work
Automation Engineer (Current Employee) –  Ponca City, OKJune 24, 2015
Mustang is a fun environment where one has the opportunity to learn and grow both professionally and personally. Being under the WoodGroup umbrella has changed things slightly as more of the personal experience between co-workers is not as present as it use to be.
Pros
Fun and Supportive - rarely participate in layoffs.
Cons
Salaries not as high as other companies
Exceptional place to work
Senior Right of Way Agent I / Quality Control (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 29, 2015
My experiences at Mustang were extremely favorable. I enjoyed working with the Mustang Team who were always available to provide clear concise direction and support. I learned a lot about the Oil and Gas industry from a Land Title perspective and how that niche fit into the big picture of new pipeline construction. I learned specifics related to the peripheral context of Land Acquisition e.g. permitting, easement verbiage, encroachments, due diligence, PARs/TARs, etc.Management was always on our side supporting, encouraging, and developing our skills and providing a safe place for problem resolution. The hardest part of my job is the possibility of leaving due to the recent downturn in the Oil and Gas industry. My most enjoyable moments were getting pushed out of my comfort zone and learning new skills that where always done in a supportive manner.
Pros
Great personal development, and team atmosphere, fostered by positive encouragement and support by management
Cons
Posibility of leaving due to the recent downturn in the Oil and Gas industry.
Productive and fun company
Document Controller (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 20, 2015
I've worked in a diverse environment. Some days I felt like a fire fighter, always a fire to extinguish. I learned to to stop and relax when things got unbalanced. One of the things I enjoyed about management we had team building meetings to unwind.
Pros
Weekends and major holiday off
Cons
Last minute planning
Enjoyed working on Occidental Projects in Perimian Basin for Mustang
Mechanical Facilities Engineer (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 25, 2015
Mustang Engineering is a great place to work. I enjoyed working for over six years as a contract Mechanical Package Engineer for Mustang on projects for Occidental Permian Ltd, in the Permian Basin.
Pros
Free lunches on projects, coffee, parties to meet new people
Cons
I don't have any cons.
Very Good
System Administrator (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 30, 2014
The toughest part of Mustang was the short projects and high turnover of contractors. Overall this was a great place to work
Great company with good people
Survey Coordinator/Survey Crew Chief (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 23, 2014
I worked here a long time and enjoyed every minute of my time their. But I have heard that it's a lot different now.
Pros
Good pay, good company
Cons
None that I can complain about.
Temporary job in field office
Document Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Weatherford, TXSeptember 25, 2014
Created and maintained reports. Worked closely with all staff. Ordered supplies. Supervised Title Researchers and staff.
Pros
Good benefits and pay
Cons
Temporary job
Industrial Career
Process Improvement (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 23, 2014
This company takes care of their employees really well. Great benefits and flex hours.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Mustang Engineering. Our community is ready to answer.

4.5