Mustang Engineering Employee Reviews in United States

Productive and pleasant workplace environment
Sr. Plant Layout & Piping Designer (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 17, 2016
Mustang has a calm pleasant work environment. I am allowed to work unencumbered with very few distractions. Management is very flexible and easily accessible. My co-workers were polite knowledgeable and easy to get along with. The most enjoyable part of my job is doing 3D modeling and extracting isometric drawings from the model for piping production drawings.
Pros
Mustang was located just 15 minutes from my house.
Cons
Oil and Gas industry jobs are very volatile and subject to work force reductions.
Administration/Document Control - Purchasing (Former Employee) –  Katy, TXFebruary 2, 2016
Basic duties of a purchasing department
I learned many things with this company, they are always willing to show you new things to advance you career
Good place to work and has good upper management and chances for advancement
Instrument Man (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 21, 2015
I enjoyed working for this company. I learned a lot and worked with good natured Professionals. Upper Management was always helpful at any time of dat or night. I also got to work in different cities and states
Enjoyed working with this company and the design team,
Site Lead/Design Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 26, 2015
Site Manage for field assignment, working with an excellent site team of designers of all disciplines. Mustang management was good, client management was good. Hardest part of the job was adjusting to constant change without changes in the schedule. Working with an excellent team made my job much easier.
Pros
Working with a good company, good design team
Cons
constant change of design from client
Great Place to Work
Automation Engineer (Current Employee) –  Ponca City, OKJune 24, 2015
Mustang is a fun environment where one has the opportunity to learn and grow both professionally and personally. Being under the WoodGroup umbrella has changed things slightly as more of the personal experience between co-workers is not as present as it use to be.
Pros
Fun and Supportive - rarely participate in layoffs.
Cons
Salaries not as high as other companies
Exceptional place to work
Senior Right of Way Agent I / Quality Control (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 29, 2015
My experiences at Mustang were extremely favorable. I enjoyed working with the Mustang Team who were always available to provide clear concise direction and support. I learned a lot about the Oil and Gas industry from a Land Title perspective and how that niche fit into the big picture of new pipeline construction. I learned specifics related to the peripheral context of Land Acquisition e.g. permitting, easement verbiage, encroachments, due diligence, PARs/TARs, etc.Management was always on our side supporting, encouraging, and developing our skills and providing a safe place for problem resolution. The hardest part of my job is the possibility of leaving due to the recent downturn in the Oil and Gas industry. My most enjoyable moments were getting pushed out of my comfort zone and learning new skills that where always done in a supportive manner.
Pros
Great personal development, and team atmosphere, fostered by positive encouragement and support by management
Cons
Posibility of leaving due to the recent downturn in the Oil and Gas industry.
Productive and fun company
Document Controller (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 20, 2015
I've worked in a diverse environment. Some days I felt like a fire fighter, always a fire to extinguish. I learned to to stop and relax when things got unbalanced. One of the things I enjoyed about management we had team building meetings to unwind.
Pros
Weekends and major holiday off
Cons
Last minute planning
Enjoyed working on Occidental Projects in Perimian Basin for Mustang
Mechanical Facilities Engineer (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 25, 2015
Mustang Engineering is a great place to work. I enjoyed working for over six years as a contract Mechanical Package Engineer for Mustang on projects for Occidental Permian Ltd, in the Permian Basin.
Pros
Free lunches on projects, coffee, parties to meet new people
Cons
I don't have any cons.
Very Good
System Administrator (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 30, 2014
The toughest part of Mustang was the short projects and high turnover of contractors. Overall this was a great place to work
Great company with good people
Survey Coordinator/Survey Crew Chief (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 23, 2014
I worked here a long time and enjoyed every minute of my time their. But I have heard that it's a lot different now.
Pros
good pay, good company
Cons
none that i can complain about.
Temporary job in field office
Document Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Weatherford, TXSeptember 25, 2014
Created and maintained reports. Worked closely with all staff. Ordered supplies. Supervised Title Researchers and staff.
Pros
good benefits and pay
Cons
temporary job
Industrial Career
Process Improvement (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 23, 2014
This company takes care of their employees really well. Great benefits and flex hours.
Great Place to Work
Project Administrator (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 3, 2014
A typical day working for Mustang Engineering was a very busy office working with Project Managers and Engineers. Scheduling multiple meetings and luncheons and teambuilding activities. Downloading documents from the different directories and putting together reports and deliverables for different projects. Formatting Engineering documents and creating PDF documents. Creating directories and utilizing SharePoint, Excel, and Visio.

I learned to juggle many tasks at once. Also began to use Oracle, enter and process invoices.

I enjoyed the challenge of learning new tasks and working with a great group of people.
Pros
excellent place to work
Very Good
Turn Around Manager (Former Employee) –  Newark New, JerseyFebruary 22, 2014
Everyone understood how to do their job. The safety culture was the best I have been around lately.
Positive company to work for
Held different positions over several years. (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 9, 2013
Typical day at work; steady contact with over 200 employees inputting their time in Payroll Data Base, checked employees expense reports for Accounting. Worked directly with HR, Payroll and Accounting. Worked directly with PM and Assistant PM and other ROW Agents.
A day at Mustang Engineering
Marketing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 27, 2013
I was hired at Mustang as a temp just to help during the holidays. I was required to help set up company events such as Christmas Parties, Thanksgiving Parties, Car shows and much more. I was also responsible for mailing out employee news letters to all employees. The most enjoyable part of the job was that Mustang was a very family oriented company.
Pros
family based company
Cons
just wasn consistent work
Excellent company to work for.
Senior Project Controls Scheduler (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 25, 2013
I really enjoyed working for Mustang and would return immediately should the oppotunity be granted. My General Manager was extremely intelegent and was always one step ahead of the curve.
Pros
learned so much and laudably enjoyed the the position and, proffessionals i worked with. everyone was very knowledgeable and, always more than willing to reinterate the fact that it was a team effort.
Cons
i have no conns.
Productive and fun work place
Pipeline Inspector (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 5, 2013
Enjoyed meeting new co workers, I traveled to Colorado to perform the necessary duties.
Pros
excelent pay
Cons
not a permanent position and no health care for the family
Good Employer,,,
Large Projects Quality manager (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 28, 2013
Mustang is A solid place to work. Their work/life balance is second to none!
Work/Family Values
Senior Expeditor Lead/ Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 17, 2013
A typical day was to go in and work with my team on what expediting issues may be pressing. Most of the time I was the only expediter on the project. I handled three to four projects at a time for a client for four years. Any where from 25 to 75 orders on each project.

I learned a lot about equipment and material by being able to travel to shops and the job site to work one on one with the client, the suppliers, project management, down.

Management was handled extremely well. Open door policy's.

Co-workers - we had a great team that worked well together.

The hardest part of my job - I never felt my job was hard at Mustang because I always had support from people I needed it from if there were any problems.

The most enjoyable part of my job is to go to work every day.
Pros
wear shorts to work friday, casual enviroment
Cons
the merger with wood group/mustan

4.4