Mutual Distributing Company Employee Reviews

No real opportunity for advancement
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCAugust 21, 2015
I like working with my co-workers but don't feel you get the support or opportunity from upper management necessary to succeed.
Used to be a fun place to work but the culture changed for the worst in 2008
Sales Supervisor/Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCApril 3, 2012
Mutual Distributing was a good company to work for when it was growing from 1990 to 2008 and we were all sharing in building the company to what it is today. Then new management people were brought in to downsize the sales force and bring in cheaper entry-level positions so they could get rid of anyone that was making good money. They cut Sales Supervisors as well as veteran sales reps.
Pros
business trips to california
Cons
benefits were constantly being reduced.
pros.Lots of Hard work!!! Cons. dont take a job here if they pay you by the hour
Route Sales Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCAugust 17, 2014
This company sucks to work for. lots of hard work and mangement is all ways on your back.
Good Company
Driver Check In/Inventory Control Specialist (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCNovember 2, 2014
Great company, I have learned alot here and I like the staff, but not many openings for Advancement.
productive, very relaxing enviroment
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCJune 2, 2014
a typical day at work, i learned how to work fast and efficient. management was good.
Pros
good breaks
High pressure work environment with solid benefits.
Driver (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCJune 30, 2014
A typical day at Mutual Distributing is fairly straight-forward, you come in, get your route (which is roughly 10-13 stops) and make your run. I learned a great deal about working in a stressful environment as well as how to maximize time and efficiency. The management at Mutual is your typical run of the mill management, but it isn't necessarily a "I won't ask you to do something I wouldn't do." mentality. You will be asked to do things by supervisors that they generally would not do. Very hard to respect your superiors in that situation, even though they are decent people.

Co-workers were great, not a single complaint towards them, they were all fun and energetic to be around. Especially at company events.

Hardest part of this job was developing the amount of patience required to function on the job, but once you conquer that, the job is a breeze and very enjoyable.

Best thing about the job to me was the job itself, and by that I mean being able to hold myself accountable for my work. A driver at Mutual has to be able to work independently.
Pros
fun company events, cookouts, christmas party, etc...
Cons
some days 12+ hours. can hurt your private and family life.
fun place to work
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCSeptember 8, 2013
this is a company that is all for self there is no over time although you work 42 hours and maybe more some weeks.
Great Company
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMarch 13, 2014
Great Company to work for. Enjoyed my job. Benefits are excellent. Management very good.

2.6