Mutual of Omaha

Mutual of Omaha Employer Reviews

Provided a lot of good opportunities but looking for a potential change
Information Services Technical Solution Architect (Current Employee), Omaha, NEOctober 15, 2014
Pros: a lot of good opportunities in the past
Cons: opportunities have become limited
Mutual has provided me with a lot of good opportunities to learn and grow but I'm looking for a potential change
fun work place
Telemarketer/Receptionist (Former Employee), new york nyOctober 14, 2014
Pros: was very eager to start my day
Cons: none to say
awesome place to be !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
i loved my coworkers
Good compay to work with.
Independent insurance agent (Former Employee), pharr, txOctober 13, 2014
Will pay weekly and average pay among others that offer the same services. Currently own by one owner that will expect you to know what you tell him you know. good man but can will put you to the test.
Mutual of Omaha is a multi-line provider of Health Insurance offering Life Insurance, Dental Insurance and Heart Attack Insurance. Worked as a Data Mo
Data Modeler/ Data Analyst (Current Employee), Omaha, NESeptember 26, 2014
• Gathered and translated business requirements into detailed, production-level technical specifications, new features, and enhancements to existing technical business functionality.
• Responsible for the analysis of business requirements and design implementation of the business solution.
• Developed Conceptual, Logical and Physical data models for – more... central model consolidation.
• Worked with DBAs to create a best fit physical data model from the logical data model.
• Conducted data modeling JAD sessions and communicated data-related standards.
• Used Erwin r7.3 for effective model management of sharing, dividing and reusing model information and design for productivity improvement.
• Redefined many attributes and relationships in the reverse engineered model and cleansed unwanted tables/columns as part of data analysis responsibilities.
• Developed process methodology for the Reverse Engineering phase of the project.
• Involved using ETL tool Informatica to populate the database, data transformation from the old database to the new database using Oracle.
• Involved in the creation, maintenance of Data Warehouse and repositories containing Metadata.
• Involved in the critical design review of the finalized database model.
• Involved in the study of the business logic and understanding the physical system and the terms and condition for database.
• Created documentation and test cases, worked with users for new module enhancements and testing. – less
fun workplace
Java-J2EE Developer (Current Employee), Omaha, NESeptember 3, 2014
I have improved my skills a lot,
working management is so good in our company..
Co-workers supported me in each and every aspect.
Most enjoyable thing is working together and playing a prominent part in the growth of the company..
Grate place to gain expierence
Individual Life Claims Analyst (Current Employee), Omaha NeAugust 28, 2014
Pros: company discounts
Cons: health care
I have gained a tremendous amount of experience and networking opportunities.
stable employment for 27 years
Supervisor, Support Services (Former Employee), Blair, NEAugust 13, 2014
Pros: stable employment
Cons: promoting getting more done with less people
I managed up to 40 people so I never had a "typical" day. The consistent parts to each day were payroll, excel spreadsheets showing daily work and goals, providing work guidance, making sure goals were met and exceeded, huddles with my teams to prepare for each day, being available to answer questions or concerns from my teams, my management, my internal – more... and external customers.
I learned loyalty, accountability, professionalism, dedication and how to perform tasks in a timely and proficient manner.
My workers differed throughout the years but I got along well with everyone on all levels of employment.
The hardest part of my job was delegating the work. I often felt I needed to be hands on a lot of the time.
My most enjoyable part of the my days were being recognized for jobs well done. – less
Wonderful, Professional environment
Administrative Assistant/Receptionist (Former Employee), Ontario CAAugust 5, 2014
Mutual of Omaha was a wonderful experience for myself, I learned alot about the health/life insurance industry. Company is very intelligent.
Excellent Way to protect clients
Insurance Agent (Current Employee), Bethesda, MDJuly 18, 2014
Pros: helping people have financial protection for themselves & their family
Cons: commission based, working alone
Being an insurance agent with Mutual of Omaha, it provided me the opportunities to help my clients have that peace of mind knowing their family was financially protected if something were to happen to them in this world of uncertainly. My manager is great, he really pushes & supports our team. Had some great co-workers as well. It was a real pleasant – more... atmosphere.

The two hardest parts of the job was the pay & working alone. The pay was strictly commission based & you worked alone mostly. So I do miss the steady paycheck & working with a team. – less
"Set your own Hours! Be your own boss!"
Producer (Former Employee), Houston, TexasJuly 16, 2014
You're not an employee, you're a contract worker.
No fixed hours, but NO employee benefits.
Boring! I loved getting to meet all sorts of new people as clients. Finding clients is the troublesome part, though. The most frustrating thing about this job is struggling to find leads. After becoming contracted and earning your first $3200, Mutual of Omaha – more... will give you an account to buy leads from them, however most of these leads will not pay off. Also, until you hit that $3200 you will be expected to pander all of your friends and family members for their money. BUT BE ADVISED. Another source of leads is calling on a list of "orphan" policy holders. These are existing clients who either bought through the mail or their agent left the company. So if you manage to sign up your loved ones but then decide to leave the company later then you will further strain your relationship through this level of harassment.

Honestly, most of my time felt like a waste because it is only commission based pay and bonuses. Call people all different times of the day just because they showed a faint interest in your product. Also, ordering medical records from a hospital can take anywhere from a week to several months! Not Mutual of Omaha's fault, just the medical administration's, but when you're waiting all that time just to see if your client is approved is enough to drive you crazy!

I love helping people, and I do feel that people are helped through my work here. But this job does not make me happy because of the lack of work available.

Another thing! file your own taxes because they don't withhold any. You're not an employee, you're a contract worker! – less
Market Research Consultant (Former Employee), Omaha, NEJuly 14, 2014
Great company
Great people to work with
Great History
Great name recognition
A great place to work and have so many friends from working with Mutual of Omaha.
Sales (Current Employee), 10 Canebrake Blvd; Suite 100; Brandon, MSJuly 9, 2014
Pros: meetings, lunches
Cons: pay
I started out as an Admin Asst. learned the Insurance business inside and out. Made life long friendships, enjoyed running the office and helping anyone that I could. The most important part of my job was entering applications in the computer that's how the agents got paid. Helping clients with any problems, keeping office supplies, janitorial supplies – more... and reports to the GM on a monthly basis. Going to work everyday was a joy. Left this position and got my insurance license. This is what I have been doing for the past year. – less
Not supported by the company and systems need serious updating
Financial Services Representative (Current Employee), Harrisburg, PAJuly 1, 2014
Pros: good products
Cons: not enough support and experienced management.
No special benefit to working here as opposed to another Insurance Company. Good products but, not well supported.
Great place
Insurance Agent/Broker (Former Employee), Omaha, NEJune 26, 2014
Had a good time working at Mutual of Omaha. The experience was great!
A good place to work
Licensed Insurance Agent (Former Employee), Omaha, NEJune 21, 2014
Pros: good bonus
Cons: lots of pressure to meet goals
a fun and challenging place to work enjoyed working with the customers and demonstrating the need of insurance and how insurance works this position gave me a felling of satisfaction knowing that I have helped so many people in times of hardship
Great work enviroment to learn about the Financial Planning Business
Financial Advisor (Current Employee), Omaha, NEJune 10, 2014
A typical day at work consists of marketing, calling, and servicing clients on their insurance and investment planning. I have learned a great deal about the Financial sector and its place in small to large business planning. Management is great, we have a team of product specialists to lean on for complicated cases, and a management team that works – more... around the clock to ensure success. The hardest part of the job is the consistency of compensation and the length of the sales process. The most enjoyable part of my job is interacting with a diverse group of people and helping them plan for their future. – less
No work life balance
Employee Benefits Sales Consultant (Current Employee), San Diego, CAJune 4, 2014
Pros: training
Cons: work life balance
If it wasn't for my regional manager I would hate this job. Typical day is 630-630. Co workers are all very cool but because of the stress and strain of the job there is no time to build lasting relationships. The job does include lots of "forced fun" and provides a fantastic training program.
Very nice work environment.
Medicare Supplement Insurance Representative (Former Employee), Omaha, NEJune 2, 2014
I loved this job! This is where I got my foot in the door with insurance.
Internship Director (Former Employee), Greeley, COMay 14, 2014
Pros: rewarding work
Cons: hard to start out. takes time to build clientele base
Rewarding Fulfilling work. Great to be able to help someone improve their position in life.
building a brand
Sales Representative (Former Employee), Eagle, IDMay 14, 2014
I enjoyed my years with MOO. Great company but management was lacking in consistently. I had 4 managers and 2 RVP's in the 5 years that I was with Mutual. This inconsistency was difficult to gain traction in the market at times. With that being said, I loved the people that I worked with and was proud of what we accomplished in building the brand in – more... the inland NW. – less

1 2 3 4 5

About Mutual of Omaha

A subsidiary of mutual insurance giant Mutual of Omaha, United of Omaha Life Insurance tames the wild kingdom of financial uncertainty – Read more

Mutual of Omaha Photos