Mutual of Omaha

Mutual of Omaha Employer Reviews

A company that supports its employees
Long Term Disability Claims Analyst (Current Employee), Omaha, NEApril 18, 2014
Mutual is a great company that truly respects and values their employees. The insurance they offer is not the best but the pay is competitive
It was alright
Financial Representative (Current Employee), Indianapolis, INApril 16, 2014
Good company, old ways. Do not stay up to date with the way banking is going today.
Mutual of Omaha is
Life Insurance Agent & Estate Planning (Former Employee), Quincy, MAApril 4, 2014
Pros: free lunch
Cons: more internet services for policies
Mutual of Omaha is one of the best insurance companies in the world. It is easily one of the most desired places to work by people in the Ivy League.
Administrative Assistant to five officers at Mutual of Omaha Insurance Company.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Omaha, NEApril 2, 2014
Pros: great advancement program.
Cons: no cross training programs.
Handled all correspondence from vendors and through interoffice ensuring consistent workflow. Typed all outgoing and interoffice correspondence from five different officers. Maintained five different officer calendars as well as scheduling meetings for all the department. Handled all phone calls within the Department.
Schedule 12-15 appointments/week
Insurance Agent (Current Employee), Pittsburgh, PAMarch 31, 2014
Pros: bonus system
Cons: long days
As long as you schedule 12-15 appointments and see as many people as possible, you can achieve a great pay, and help people as well.
A fun prductive place to work
Life Claim Researcher (Former Employee), Omaha, NEMarch 26, 2014
You learn a lot of in and out jobs which I like to learn new things.
Mutual of Omaha
Claims Analyst - Long Term Disability (Current Employee), Omaha, NEMarch 24, 2014
Mutual of Omaha is a Fortune 500 mutual insurance and financial services company based in Omaha, Nebraska.
Caveat Emptor ...
Training Recruiting Specialist (Current Employee), Wilmington, NCMarch 22, 2014
Division General Manager is verbally abusive to employees. He is contradictory on goals and requirements. I enjoyed working with the rest of the team. Appropriate training for the job was not provided. It was very difficult to gain information to match my job skills and knowledge to this position. I was very underutilized in this position due to the – more... General Managers style of management. He is not a big believer in training, change management, or modern management styles. In a word, this position was very Draconian. Manager reminded me of many holdovers from the 70's and 80's corporate culture. I realized I made a mistake working here when I saw his personality change after I was hired. He totally denigrated a fellow manager during a staff conference call ... the catch is that I worked with this other manager and he certainly did not deserve the verbal abuse. The General Manager did not have, nor did he WANT to have, all the facts of the subject of conversation. I have to admit that having worked as a trainer and recruiter at Mutual of Omaha, I now feel bad for the people I recruited that will have to endure the abuse from this General Manager. My advice ... steer clear if you have a truly professional character. My job was presented in a terrific and professional light ... then things fell apart after hiring. – less
Productive and fun place to work
Representative (Current Employee), Overland Park, KSMarch 20, 2014
Great company, great people. Getting started in this profession is difficult, but the schedule is great
Nice Place to Work
Claims Analyst (Current Employee), Omaha, NEMarch 10, 2014
Located in a good area of town, easy to find and access. Lots of lunch choices however a little spendy. Parking is not so good unless you pay for a parking pass.
Telephone Installation and repair technician/Supervisor
Claims Examiner/Hardware-Software Support (Former Employee), Omaha nebraskaFebruary 24, 2014
Pros: work ethic, interpersonal/people skills
Cons: location
Telephone installation and repair supervisor/technician, of home and small business in the Omaha area. I was employee of the year as a repair technician.
Stressful Workplace
Sr. IT Project Manager (Current Employee), Tampa, FLFebruary 21, 2014
Cons: rarely time to take break due to volume of work
Mutual of Omaha has tried to create a friendly work place. Depending on your role the expectations are unreachable and rarely unrewarded.
Company does not have the resources to keep up with current work load.
Financial Representative
Financial Services Intern (Former Employee), Blue Bell, PAFebruary 12, 2014
Poor training programs, but decent people to work with. Management needs to spend more time mentoring lower employees.
You're on your own
Life, Accident and Health Insurance Producer (Former Employee), Bossier City, LAFebruary 4, 2014
Pros: no set hours
Cons: management
Have to make your own way. This is not for those starting out. Seems to be difficult unless you're ready to be a bottom feeder for a while.
Full Commission
Insurance Agent (Current Employee), Baltimore, MDFebruary 2, 2014
Pros: flexible schedule
Cons: compensation
Cold-calling is unpleasant and you will not make much money until you have been doing this for at least a year and have built up lots of clients.
Good company with strong midwestern values and expectations.
Associate Marketing Specialist (Former Employee), Omaha, NEJanuary 21, 2014
While the job was not as challenging as I had hoped it to be, I enjoyed my team and management very much. Everyone had a good rapport and it was relatively easy to accomplish a job with great support. It was not as easy to move up the title chain due to job codes and such, but I was always treated with respect.
A pretty good place
Mail and File Clerk (Former Employee), Omaha, NEJanuary 19, 2014
Overall, the company is pretty good place to work. As in any big company, there are pockets of if you don't think our way, your life can be turned into misery.
Loved working with sales over the phone .
Marketing (Former Employee), Charleston, SCJanuary 15, 2014
Liked the job and the supervisor. I was very good at getting sales appointments and the commision was fair.
Great job that taught me a lot
Customer Service Representative/Sales Associate (Former Employee), Omaha, NEJanuary 12, 2014
I loved working here, however, this was only a temporary position with no chance to be permanent. I sold insurance policies and took customers looking to drop their policies add new policies. Tremendous job with a great corporate structure.
Liked the people
Bussiness Administrator (Former Employee), Albuquerque, NMDecember 27, 2013
Pros: nice people
Cons: lived far from work
Liked the people I worked for but the business down sized and moved.

1 2 3 4 5

About Mutual of Omaha

A subsidiary of mutual insurance giant Mutual of Omaha,¬†United of Omaha Life Insurance tames the wild kingdom of financial uncertainty – Read more

Mutual of Omaha Photos