Mutual of Omaha Employee Reviews

Decent pay to be treated like garbage
Associate Policy Service Analyst (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEMay 21, 2017
They don't respect their employees. They are overworked and given way too many tasks to handle at once. People were dropping like flies. There is virtually no job security here whatsoever. At least not for anyone hired within the last 2 years. I'm not sure if this is due to management changes or the new CEO but it was awful.
Pros
AMAZING Co-Workers, Walking distance of good food, free snacks
Cons
Micromanagement, Little employee value, poor management, racism in the workplace
Fine company
Sr. Programmer Analyst/Technical lead (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEMay 20, 2017
Management lived there mission statement day in and day out. They believed in taking care of each employee so they could focus their full attention on taking care of members.The members are hands down the best part of the job... The benefits rock... FREE Gym... Education Assistance... Onsite summer childcare sponsored by the YMCA...
Moo
Medical Review and Appeals Nurse (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEMay 20, 2017
Great place to work with good benefits and a good work life balance. Its easy to get to and I would recommend this place if you like to learn and work up the ladder.
n/a
Agent (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 18, 2017
comparable to other companies in the industry. Nice company and they will help you grow. comparable to other companies in the industry. this business can change your life
Great work environment
Account Representative (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNMay 17, 2017
I spent right at 20+ years here and it is a great company to work for if you get the right manager. It has a great compensation plan for the new agent and if you apply yourself and make the bonuses it can be very lucrative.
Very good company to work for. All around a great place.
Contracted Consultant (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHMay 16, 2017
I worked at MOO as a paid consultant on a 12 month contract. I have an NDA in regards to the projects I worked on. In addition I led a transitional team in Cleveland, Ohio that focused on rebuilding and rebranding the Cleveland, Ohio team.
Pros
We were very successful on all our projects.
Cons
12 month contract and my team was too small.
Great job work place.
Agent (Current Employee) –  Lubbock, TXMay 11, 2017
Enjoy meeting new clients. Saul is a great boss, the enviroment is very friendly and everyone is always helpful. Insurance is something everyone needs and are very grateful when it is needed. Always happy to insure a family in need.
Pros
Training is always available.
It was okay
Quality Analyst (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEMay 10, 2017
Mutual was an 'okay' place to work. It's a big company so its easy to get lost in the crowd and feel like a number. They seem to put more concern into their Midtown 'project' then they do the insurance company.
Great Place for the right person in the right position
Long Term Disability Claims Analyst (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEMay 7, 2017
I think Mutual is a great company for the right person in the right position. I felt they were really great but the job I did in Disability claims was heart wrenching.
Associate Underwriter (Former Employee) –  Blair, NEApril 26, 2017
Its ok. As long as you expect to not have an opinion or be recongnized for any contributions you make, you'll be fine. Typical case of too many cooks in the kitchen, management argues amongst themselves (in an open environment seating plan) constantly. General Manager of our division would come out and yell at everyone for things we had no control over. Money and benefits were very good, but everyone is definitely happy when the workday is over.
Nice work environment, good pay, great hours
Process Analyst Medicare Supplement (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEApril 24, 2017
Mutual of Omaha was decent company. They had great hours, a nice work environment, and casual dress code. I did not like the fact that i felt disposable though or like at any moment i could lose my job.
Beware
Analyst (Current Employee) –  Cotton Center, AZApril 22, 2017
Mutual of Omaha has a great opportunity to learn. However, management is horrible they allow directors ands managers to be in these positions and they have ZERO business managing people. When you have people who have been here for 10 plus years and now leaving the company there is a problem. The majority of senior management has left. Nobody is held accountable for their actions. They allow employees to disrespect new employees coming in.
Pros
Bonus and to learn
Cons
Management- benefits are horrible
Moo
Financial Representative (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, MNApril 20, 2017
Mutual of Omaha is a privately held Fortune 500 mutual insurance and financial services company based in Omaha, Nebraska. Originally founded in 1909 as Mutual Benefit Health & Accident Association, Mutual of Omaha is a full-service, multi-line organization providing insurance, banking, and financial products for individuals, businesses and groups throughout the United States.

The company provides a variety of health insurance options and product services, some of which include accident insurance, critical illness care coverage, dental insurance, and disability insurance.
Fun and friendly people
Medicare Trainer (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEApril 19, 2017
The corporate office is nice. Mutual also became a real estate company and beautified the surrounding area. Unfortunately they got out of the Medicare business.
Pros
Nice facility
Cons
Health benefits to expensive
Good Company.
Application Systems Analyst (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEApril 18, 2017
Mutual of Omaha is a good company to work for. They provide good benefits with time off, casual dress work week.Good bonus. Tremendous name recognition in the market.
Who is in charge
Business Analyst - Contract (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEApril 13, 2017
The only problem is that there was a lack of direction of who was in charge of completing projects. There was no designated system or hierarchy to refer to.
Nice office staff
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNApril 11, 2017
Mutual of Omaha is a leading provider of life insurance, Medicare supplement insurance, disability insurance products and annuities. Mutual of Omaha is a privately held Fortune 500 mutual insurance and financial services company based in Omaha, Nebraska.
Used to be the leader in the industry
Direct Response Group Marketing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEApril 10, 2017
Back when Mutual of Omaha was the premium Health & Accident insurer in the world, I was fortunate to be a part of their new Direct Marketing Division which was exciting at the time.
Pros
Innovator in Direct Response Marketing
Cons
Wasn't challenging enough to hold my interest
terrible
Audio/Visual Technician (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEApril 5, 2017
worst company I have ever worked for. Terrible management. People stabbing you in the back on a daily basis. Do not work for this company. I haven't heard one good story coming from Mutual.
Pros
Cafeteria
Cons
poor management
Excellence all around
Denver, Colorado, Group Sales Executive (Former Employee) –  Denver, COApril 4, 2017
My review is for a Mutual of Omaha that existed 20 years ago, and I have no idea how relevant it is to today's environment. What a fantastic Company from top to bottom with an incredible team based atmosphere.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Mutual of Omaha. Our community is ready to answer.