Mutual of Omaha

Mutual of Omaha Employee Reviews

Home-based business
Licensed Sales Agent (Former Employee), Virgilina, VAJuly 28, 2015
Pros: self-employed
Cons: commission only
Independent Sales Agent. Call prospective clients to arrange appts for needs analysis. Sell products to clients, depending on needs. I did really well until the 2008 recession. That's when everything fell apart in the insurance industry.
the co workers are fun to work with
process analyst (Current Employee), Omaha, NEJuly 27, 2015
Pros: I was able to work from home
Cons: poor health plans
The company is all the about numbers. They are more concerned about statistics then the employee. There is a limited amount of advancement opportunities. The management was supportive. My co-workers are great to work with. I have learned a lot about health care for medicare supplements and life insurance. The most enjoyable part of my job is helping the customer and answer all of there questions.
A good place to work for.
Data Entry/Marketing Secretary (Former Employee), Dallas, TXJuly 24, 2015
Pros: Christmas Bonuses
Was a company where you could grow and have a very productive working experience. Appreciated their employees by department pot luck luncheons.
Great Place to work, work environment is outstanding
Licensed Insurance Agent (Current Employee), Decatur, ILJuly 16, 2015
Pros: Great income
Cons: Not so great income
Cold Calling is a must, you have to be open to learning, and growing, you have to have tough skin to handle NO, a lot. Very flexible hours, cool co-workers, hardest part is getting the sales, best part is the perks.
Fast Paced
Commerical Loan Assistant II (Former Employee), Omaha, NEJuly 15, 2015
Pros: Office atmosphere, Learning new aspecys of the job, constantly kept busy
Cons: Pay, no overtime opportunities
I learned a lot of what goes into the processing of Commercial Loans versus Consumer Loans. I worked in a fast paced environment answering inbound calls, placing outbound calls to obtain titles, property and flood insurance policies. The hardest part of the job was keeping up with the fast pace which I was able to do and the most enjoyable part was interacting with the Lenders who kept you constantly laughing.
The company has a great reputation and great leadership.
District Sales Manager (Former Employee), Bedford, NHJuly 9, 2015
In this position I recruited, trained, mentored and coached independent contract agents to sell the full product line. I would set goals and hold them accountable so as to meet their needs, the needs of their clients and to align with corporate goals.

I worked with some great agents and loved seeing them meet and/or exceed their goals.
Supportive and available training
Insurance Sales Representative (Current Employee), Raleigh, NCJune 28, 2015
Pros: Work at your pace and develop your style and success
Cons: Nearest office in Raleigh
Setting appointments. Learn from other agents. Supportive management team. Advice from Senior agents and encouraging when you have problems
Great company with many benefits
Customer Service Representative- Call Center (Former Employee), Omaha, NEJune 20, 2015
Pros: Great pay, great teams, great communication throughout company, overall great company
Cons: Short breaks, pay for parking, lunches could be expensive
Mutual of Omaha is a great company that really does take care of its employees. I worked in the call center and really enjoyed my time there. If they had regular positions and not just temporary I would probably still be there. One thing I really liked was the advancement opportunities. All of the supervisors but one had worked there way up from a call center representative, which made them very knowledgeable about what you were going through and needed.
Management is not good
Insurance Based Financial Advisor (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXJune 17, 2015
Benefits are a joke, no benefits. Management is not good. You may get paid and you may not. If you leave make sure you are not charged for rent, utilities, etc. This is not a good company to work for if you are supporting a family. The insurance products are excellent but management at this location is so bad. It is not worth the headache.
Not what they portray to be
Distribution service analyst (Former Employee), OmahaJune 16, 2015
Pros: Working for a Fortune 500 company
Cons: Poor management/Lack of Communication
We first started the day with a morning orientation basically giving us a brief walk through of the building. Then after that they took us straight into training from then on. The trainer handed us a binder filled with spotty information that skipped procedural steps. We went through 6 test cases before doing actual production contracts by our THIRD DAY there. By the second week of training they were already giving us production and quality goals that we had to meet. By the third week they were letting people go who they didn't think we're catching up. The lack of communication the management displayed made you feel like you were on your own and it seemed like your best interests wasn't a priority to them.
Production
Human Resources Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Omaha,NeMay 21, 2015
Pros: outgoing meetings/ such as-bowling-water parks
Cons: none
I enjoyed working for Mutual of Omaha. It was a great place to work. The most enjoyable part of the job was leaning new tasks. The a typical day at work, answering phone calls and meeting new people.
Fidelity Life
Sales Manager/Trainer/National Recruiter (Former Employee), Houston, TXMay 17, 2015
They have a simplified issue life product that makes it very easy for your clients to get approved. They have excellent training and sales material as well. This makes building an agency very efficient..
Mutual of Omaha is Excellent
Financial/Operational Auditor (Current Employee), Omaha, NEApril 21, 2015
Although compensation isn't very competitive, it more than makes up for it with it's corporate culture. I would recommend this company to anyone.
Not what it seems
Licensed Insurance Agent (Former Employee), Harrisburg, PAApril 15, 2015
Pros: None
Cons: Read my review.
Unless you are extremly good at rejection, want to work very long hours, beg for appointments, and hope to god that your prospect will buy and either be approved or not cancel the policy so that you must return ALL of your commission, then avoid ANY insurance job at all costs. They all make the great pitch (notice I do not say promise) of how much you might possibly make. A very few agents are stars; and the competition is fierce - not only in your own office, but also from overlapping areas within the same company and other companies. Sell a Medicare plan and another agent from another company comes along with a better rate? Bye, bye commission! This is a job that offers zero benefits - no paid vacation, no health insurance, no sick time. Since you are not employed by the company per se, you are responsible for all your own 1099 book keeping - but, don't make the grade and they will cancel your contract and/or not give you your renewal money, and it's commission only!
I wasn't willing to give up my life for work with very little return. The money I spent on gas, oil changes, paper, and postage alone was budget busting.
You'd better have a spouse who makes a large salary or have a large buffer/emergency account to live off of - you'll need it.
Strong, Stable, Secure
Marketing (Former Employee), Omaha, NEApril 14, 2015
Conservative, consistent, compliant, customer service focused, located in the central United States with strong midwestern work ethic. Located in midtown Omaha. National agent network.
Stable company, focused on the customer, strong mid-western values
Director, Client Service & Participant Experience (Current Employee), Omaha, NEApril 2, 2015
Mutual of Omaha has been a wonderful employer for me for many years. I have had numerous opportunities throughout the years to experience different areas with a variety of positions.
Very poor managerial setup
Rehabilitation (Former Employee), Omaha, NEMarch 24, 2015
Pros: Good benefits, flexible schedule
Cons: Played favorites, advancement was not merit based
The job itself was good and one that I did well at. However the atmosphere was the worst that I have encountered. Infighting and office politics control who was recognized and advanced. People working there getting advancement based on information they lied about on their application, such as their education. People being passed over for promotion simply because they work too hard at the job they are currently doing while those that slack off and create problems for the rest of their team are advanced because they appear to be on top of things, basically because they aren't doing their work. If you just want a job to come to, keep your head down, and punch the clock in and out this company might work for you. If you want to make something of yourself or advance you better know the right people and learn how to look good, that is what matters.
Productive and self learning company
Sr. Business Systems Analyst (Former Employee), Omaha, NEMarch 24, 2015
Pros: Exposed to numerous system applications and business information for various insurance products.
Cons: Cannot really think of any cons.
A typical day was analyzing business needs for the Company's Correspondence application and working with large amounts of data for quoting bids.. Co-workers were great to work with and team players.
Inbound insurance sales and customer service (Former Employee), Omaha, NEMarch 21, 2015
Call center activities where I was available to answer questions on insurance policies, up sell & promote additional products & assist with payment transactions.
Good Company
Life and Annuities Broker (Current Employee), Omaha, NEMarch 18, 2015
Strict policy's and tuff underwriting. But good company.
Going through a transition and they have tighten up underwriting

1 2 3 4 5

About Mutual of Omaha

For more than 100 years, Mutual of Omaha has helped millions of families strive to reach their financial goals and plan for a – Read more

Mutual of Omaha Salaries