Muzak Employee Reviews

Work place was very challanging to work.
Lead Installer and service technician (Former Employee), Austin, TXOctober 13, 2014
Everyday was a challenge trying to get Project mangers to stop pushing there work around for clean up. Constantly making request for equipment for installs to be sent in a timely fashion.
Enjoyed the customer service aspect of this job.
Statewide Customer Service Tech (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZSeptember 28, 2014
Pros: our clients had great customer service
Cons: had to sort out workorders as they came to me online from non technicial workers on the east coast
had service calls statewide and was able to keep working without any interuptions,which made me feel like I accomplished something daily
Comfortable work environment
Central Scheduling Coordinator/Project Coordinator (Former Employee), Fort Mill, SCJanuary 29, 2014
Pros: comfortable work atmosphere
Cons: bancrutpcy.
This company was a good place to work. My expectation was to retire here. However, the company had some financial issues that caused them to lay off a a majority of the staff.
Fun people to work with.
Payroll Manager (Former Employee), Fort Mill, SCJanuary 9, 2014
Pros: lunches from vendors for $5 bucks
Cons: lay offs
Very challanging, fast paced, fun. I wish they didnt have layoffs. I miss my Muzak work family.
Exciting and innovative with freedom to change and upgrade
vice president natl. sales (Former Employee), Seattle, WANovember 13, 2013
Pros: outstanding management support
Cons: travel
Budget preparation,hiring and having employees move up in the company. First class management and support with the universal goal of growing the comany and its people
Muzak is now Mood Music
Purchasing Manager (Former Employee), Elmhurst, ILNovember 7, 2013
I believe this company no longer exists as it did when I worked there. It has been many years, I can no longer speak to its culture, benefits, compensation, etc.
Poor management, great environment
Accounts Receivable Data Entry (Former Employee), Fort Mill, SCNovember 1, 2013
My department had a pretty horrible manager. I don't think it is true for the whole company, but for me it was bad. Lots of fun music events that broke up work.
Change is in the air
Accounts Payable Specialist (Current Employee), Fort Mill, SCJuly 11, 2013
I have worked here for almost 14 years. It has been an experience and I have learned a lot along the way. A lot of changes are occurring and more are on the way. Volume has increased, but staff has not. I used to enjoy coming to work, but it has become stressful lately, so I have learned to adjust. Sometimes, you just have to go with the flow.
It sucks
I pay its bills (Current Employee), CtMarch 5, 2013
Pros: nothing
Cons: everything
Hate it!! Sums it up! I can't deal. I Really have nothing nice to say.
Providing Customer Service Care
CLIENT RESPONSE AGENT (Former Employee), Fort Mill SC 29708March 1, 2013
A typical day was assisting inbound and outbound calls. Resolving service issues billing, technical support, and other request. We were trained to resolve any caller that needed assistance. Learned a lot – more... of computer programs and technical support. I really enjoyed my co-workers. The hardest part of the job was a lot of meetings and I know that they are needed. The best part of the my job was the work environment, everyone worked, we were like a family. – less
Fun and interesting
Customer Service (Former Employee), Fort Mill, SCFebruary 22, 2013
Pros: leaning to different types of music
Muzak is a music company and I enjoyed working there. Muzak has many different departments to enjoy. They are a very fun upbeat company.
Horrible Managment
Sales (Former Employee), Fort MillFebruary 5, 2013
Cons: very petty managers. only liked certain people and the pay was terrible
I was really happy with my job at first but then I ended up having to work for 2 people that were horrible managers one was a Regional VP and the other was a Sales Manager and now Communications person. – more... Neither knew how to manage and NEVER did anything to help you succeed. They only liked certain people and if you weren't one of them well - tough. Glad I am not there anymore. Terrible work environment. – less
Great company
Customer Service (Former Employee), Fort Mill, SCJanuary 22, 2013
Pros: building is very cool
Customer service call center, learn about music, co workers were team players.I enjoyed the music is most.
Your job will not be secure
Account Executive (Former Employee), AtlantaDecember 8, 2012
Pros: work from home.
Cons: you get in the hole even if you make your sales goals and constant scheduling/installation issues.
Very stressful job, not because of the pressure to produce sales, but because once the order was turned in, you could never be confident of the scheduling or if it would be installed as ordered. Overworked employess in Ft. Mill evidently could not keep up with work load and equipment shortages. The final blow is that I was one of 170 good people laid off with no notice on 11/29/12.
Muzak is expensive and the workers don't know what they are doing!
Account Executive (Current Employee), Novi, MIDecember 8, 2012
Pros: expect maybe if you one of the high paid executives at the home office.
Cons: poor management, sales persons that don't know anything about music or sound systems, technicians that don't know anything about electronics or servicing them.
I've been working in Michigan for awhile now, and all I seem to get is service calls to fix a badly installed sound system. I go to some of these sites and I agree! The systems sound bad!
I found out the – more... techs are inexperience at install AND servicing sound systems. They are hired with no previous background doing this kind of work and then they are expected to train other new employees!
Muzak claims that the bad economy is the reason they are loosing clients, but if you check with these clients, you'll find out they are dropping Muzak and going with another company.
After laying off the manager here, they promoted one of the techs (young kid) that not only doesn't have any audio or satellite knownledge, but doesn't know anything about management! – less
New owner has no idea how to run that buisness.
IT (Former Employee), Fort Mill, SCNovember 29, 2012
Pros: after new owner: none
Cons: new owner.
Until the new owner took over it was a great place to work. Once Mood acquired Muzak it became a nightmare. A tyrannical like rule by fear attitude from the new owner began almost immediately. good people – more... got fired for menial tasks not being completed on an ridiculous deadline. Even though i loved working there for almost a decade it got to the point that i was throwing up my breakfast as i pulled into the parking lot. if you want a paycheck, have no self worth, and love living in fear of being fired it's the place for you. – less
Very bad run company. There is a lack of leadership and the training is absolutely horrible!
Sr. Account Executive (Current Employee), Cincinnati, OhOctober 15, 2012
Cons: training and management are horrible
Wish I never would of taken job. The job is nothing like I was told it was going to be.
Stress full job, I feel I was an exelent employee
Manager of call center (Former Employee), Dallas, TXSeptember 23, 2012
Pros: insurance benifits.
Cons: a very stress full job.
I began at the bottom as an installer & worked up to office personal. On the way, I created and managed a customer call center.
References available
great employer
Installer (Former Employee), Long Island City, NYAugust 16, 2012
Pros: fun
wonderful place to work! great co-workers.great tech and customer support.
Job is exciting
Account Executive (Current Employee), Brooklyn, NYAugust 16, 2012
Pros: exciting and fast paced.
Cons: covering for others mistakes.
You can be stifled by internal teammates who are supposed to help you.