Muzak Employee Reviews

Great place
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Fort Mill, SCFebruary 13, 2018
Muzak was a great place to work. The laid back atmosphere was fun and productive. Management was excellent, always helpful. the job strengthened problem solving skills.
Company No Longer Exist
Client Response Specialist (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJanuary 10, 2017
The company no longer exists and their management did not successfully keep the company afloat. Very focused on call matrix which did not allow for good customer interaction.
Pros
Was a good place to work.
Cons
Constant noise
Productive and Fun
Communication Wireless Field Technician (Former Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLMarch 29, 2016
A typical day was Traveling 7 county's,in W.P.B Florida Troubleshooting and repairing and programming all kind of equipment the company leased and sold to there customers, learning different things every day, with great management behind me, There was no hardest part of the job ,because everyday was different ,and I enjoyed satisfying our clients every single day.
Pros
Lunch
Cons
No Breaks
Warehouse Coor (Current Employee) –  Norcross, GAMarch 2, 2016
Co-workers are great, atmosphere is great with the music I get to listen to daily, really one of the best perks of the job is the music
Installation ,Service and repair of Satellite systems, Audio,Video,CCTV,CAT5,Coaxial cables,Intercoms,Loopback Installations,
Lead Technician (Former Employee) –  Montclair CaliforniaSeptember 30, 2015
Great place to work ,good work ethics, I learned different fields of the industry. Always have meetings with techs regarding safety, and awareness.
Pros
not micro management
Cons
pay is not that great.
great place to work with awesome people!
Sales Development Sr. Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMay 14, 2015
Loved working at Muzak it was a great company to work for i was there 7 years! it never felt like I was going to work, great people to work with on a daily basis. Awesome place to be every day!
Work place was very challanging to work.
Lead Installer and service technician (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXOctober 13, 2014
Everyday was a challenge trying to get Project mangers to stop pushing there work around for clean up. Constantly making request for equipment for installs to be sent in a timely fashion.
Enjoyed the customer service aspect of this job.
Statewide Customer Service Tech (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZSeptember 28, 2014
had service calls statewide and was able to keep working without any interuptions,which made me feel like I accomplished something daily
Pros
Our clients had great customer service
Cons
had to sort out workorders as they came to me online from non technicial workers on the east coast
Comfortable work environment
Central Scheduling Coordinator/Project Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Fort Mill, SCJanuary 29, 2014
This company was a good place to work. My expectation was to retire here. However, the company had some financial issues that caused them to lay off a a majority of the staff.
Pros
Comfortable Work atmosphere
Cons
Bancrutpcy.
Fun people to work with.
Payroll Manager (Former Employee) –  Fort Mill, SCJanuary 9, 2014
Very challanging, fast paced, fun. I wish they didnt have layoffs. I miss my Muzak work family.
Pros
lunches from vendors for $5 bucks
Cons
Lay Offs
Exciting and innovative with freedom to change and upgrade
vice president natl. sales (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WANovember 13, 2013
Budget preparation,hiring and having employees move up in the company. First class management and support with the universal goal of growing the comany and its people
Pros
Outstanding management support
Cons
Travel
Muzak is now Mood Music
Purchasing Manager (Former Employee) –  Elmhurst, ILNovember 7, 2013
I believe this company no longer exists as it did when I worked there. It has been many years, I can no longer speak to its culture, benefits, compensation, etc.
Poor management, great environment
Accounts Receivable Data Entry (Former Employee) –  Fort Mill, SCNovember 1, 2013
My department had a pretty horrible manager. I don't think it is true for the whole company, but for me it was bad. Lots of fun music events that broke up work.
Change is in the air
Accounts Payable Specialist (Current Employee) –  Fort Mill, SCJuly 11, 2013
I have worked here for almost 14 years. It has been an experience and I have learned a lot along the way. A lot of changes are occurring and more are on the way. Volume has increased, but staff has not. I used to enjoy coming to work, but it has become stressful lately, so I have learned to adjust. Sometimes, you just have to go with the flow.
It sucks
I pay its bills (Current Employee) –  CtMarch 5, 2013
Hate it!! Sums it up! I can't deal. I Really have nothing nice to say.
Pros
nothing
Cons
everything
Providing Customer Service Care
CLIENT RESPONSE AGENT (Former Employee) –  Fort Mill SC 29708March 1, 2013
A typical day was assisting inbound and outbound calls. Resolving service issues billing, technical support, and other request. We were trained to resolve any caller that needed assistance. Learned a lot of computer programs and technical support. I really enjoyed my co-workers. The hardest part of the job was a lot of meetings and I know that they are needed. The best part of the my job was the work environment, everyone worked, we were like a family.
Fun and interesting
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Fort Mill, SCFebruary 22, 2013
Muzak is a music company and I enjoyed working there. Muzak has many different departments to enjoy. They are a very fun upbeat company.
Pros
leaning to different types of music
Horrible Managment
Sales (Former Employee) –  Fort MillFebruary 5, 2013
I was really happy with my job at first but then I ended up having to work for 2 people that were horrible managers one was a Regional VP and the other was a Sales Manager and now Communications person. Neither knew how to manage and NEVER did anything to help you succeed. They only liked certain people and if you weren't one of them well - tough. Glad I am not there anymore. Terrible work environment.
Cons
very petty managers. only liked certain people and the pay was terrible
Great company
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Fort Mill, SCJanuary 22, 2013
Customer service call center, learn about music, co workers were team players.I enjoyed the music is most.
Pros
building is very cool
Your job will not be secure
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  AtlantaDecember 8, 2012
Very stressful job, not because of the pressure to produce sales, but because once the order was turned in, you could never be confident of the scheduling or if it would be installed as ordered. Overworked employess in Ft. Mill evidently could not keep up with work load and equipment shortages. The final blow is that I was one of 170 good people laid off with no notice on 11/29/12.
Pros
work from home.
Cons
you get in the hole even if you make your sales goals and constant scheduling/installation issues.