MV Transit

MV Transit Employer Reviews

cool work place with fun environment
Bus Assistant (Former Employee), San Leandro, CAMarch 23, 2015
did not work there long but like thee work and the people from the buses i was stationed. A typical day at mv is slow but you learn to have fun
Highly first paced environment. It was Go Go Go.. Non stop.
Bus Driver (Former Employee), San Francisco, CAMarch 21, 2015
Start work at 6:45. Pick up clients and drop them off. I leaned how to deal with stressed up clients. Co-workers were all nice and supportive. Driving a bus through San Francisco and trying to be on time to pick up stressed clients was the hardest. The most enjoyable part of the job was when a client thanked me for a job well done.
N/a
Bus Operator (Former Employee), Carol Stream, ILMarch 20, 2015
Cons: does not pay enough
This company has a typical work day of 10 hours and does not pay very well especially for the amount of work that is needed to perform daily.
Good place to work .
Para-transit driver (Former Employee), Niles, ILMarch 18, 2015
Pros: eat almost anywhere if given time to .
Cons: long hours sometimes no lunch or break
Come in to work on time for shift . Show driver's licence with medical examiner's certificate to dispatch . Dispatch gives you the bus number you will be driving that day . Pre-trip vechicle inside and outside any problems see maintence . Bring pre-trip papers into dispatch who then gives you the trips that you may have that day if they do not cancel . All co-workers pleasant and happy to see you . The most enjoyable parts of the day are all the co-workers , the pleasent passengers and management . The worst part is working very long hours with mostly no breaks or lunches . Getting hardly no sleep between shifts and trying to get home to sleep . Like I barely got maybe 4 hours sleep no break or lunch before coming back to work , for another 12 to 14 hours .
Not enough pay
Para transit Operator (Former Employee), Orlando, FLMarch 10, 2015
Its long hours and not enough pay. You basically have no social life dealing with this job. and the benefits sucks. management is ok for the most part but they find any and everything to write you up about
Really nice Company to work for..
Bus Driver (Former Employee), Canandaigua NYMarch 7, 2015
Pros: being confident in the job
Cons: having trouble with the bus at times
This company was a pleasure to work for. A typical day at work, was driving a Route in a town. Using a flag down system, also had regular customers, that needed to go to work or to doctors appointments. The hardest part of the job, was every once in awhile you would get customers in wheelchairs or scooters. One at a time was fine able to keep up with the Route, two at one time was more difficult to stay on time. I had awesome co-workers to work with, always worked as a team. The most enjoyable part of the job, was meeting different people and getting to know them. It was really disappointed when the day came for the corp. take over.
Fun place to work
Diesel Mechanic (Current Employee), Fairfax, VAMarch 6, 2015
Pros: great co-workers
Cons: short hours
As an electrician for High Tec, I was responsible for rewiring homes and replacing old fuse boxes with new circuit breakers to accommodate additional appliances.
Position supports opportunity to interact with clients
Quality / Road Supervisor (Current Employee), Houston, TXMarch 2, 2015
A typical day at work involves monitoring street operations for on time performance and compliance with route and operator schedules..
Enjoyed working with the public
Driver (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDMarch 2, 2015
Pros: i enjoyed meeting people
Cons: no cons
I enjoyed working with the public and enjoyed meeting new people
and what I learned is that it doesn't matter what handicap they have they are people too and have feelings. And I don't have any complaints.
Just an ok place to work
Para-Transit Driver for VTA/Outreach (Former Employee), San Jose, CAFebruary 28, 2015
Pros- Stable job, Helping others
Cons - Huge responsibility for transporting individuals with disabilities- for a little amount of pay!
This company will only hire you as a part-time employees Management does not care about paying part-time employees a good wage. You must belong to a union and pay monthly dues
Union only gives like .25-35 cent raises once a year.
I loved being in the shop working
Transit Bus Technician (Former Employee), Lorton, VAFebruary 26, 2015
Pros: it was great pay and i worked with some reall good people
Our work day was nice and calm we always had a meeting to know who was working on what and what needed parts. I always got along with my co workers and My supervisor. It was always enjoyable to be at work.
driver for MVT power transit
Driver (Current Employee), Brooklyn, NYFebruary 25, 2015
collect the route for the day, per-trip the vehicle, pick up the passengers safely and drop them off safely to their desired location. Every passenger has a unique reason why he or she is uses this service and as a driver we can not judge by there outer appearance. Road Supervisor keeps track of our location to make sure the drives are obeying the laws of the road. Passing co-workers on the road may require a friendly hook of the horn, sometime they may need help with a pick up which that they are running late for. Getting to every pick up on time is very hard. The road is field with pedestrians and new drivers making it difficult to get to your destination at timely fashion. Meeting New people and new personalities everyday is one of the perks of being a power transit
driver.
overall bad Job
Monitor (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAFebruary 24, 2015
Workplace , management , and the way employees are treated on a daily basis is terrible . No advancement it is basically like a dead end job
Bus Driver (Former Employee), San Leandro, CAFebruary 22, 2015
Pros: early shifts
Cons: management
Typical day was driving patients around to appointments and home. I learned that management was a little challenged but I did enjoy the caring patients.
Demanding, yet flexible job.
Onsite Project Manager (Current Employee), Dallas, TXFebruary 18, 2015
Pros: flexible hours, love the clients i work with, environment i work in.
Cons: team of 1, demanding client managers, on call 24/7/365
I learned that you need to think on your feet, prioritize work load and deal with a wide set of people. Never had any issues with company management.
Awesome people to work with
HR Manager (Current Employee), Austin, TXFebruary 18, 2015
The hours are long but the actual idea of helping people is the greatest reward of this job. I love the people I work with and I have learned a huge amount about transportation since working here.
fun place to work at.
Bus Driver (Current Employee), Niles, ILFebruary 14, 2015
Pros: meet friendly people everyday
Cons: short or no breaks at all
Typical work day, come in the morning, sign in, conduct a pre-trip, and go on your first pick up of the day. The easiest part it has a GPS mounted on or near the dashboard so you cant get lost, however knowing the city helps a lot. Hardest part of the job is, and actually is not really that hard is mounting the four points on a wheelchair. The most enjoyable part of job is you get to meet different people everyday.
Pays the bills
Driver (Former Employee), El Paso, TXFebruary 10, 2015
Pros: you don't have to stick to the route you are given for too long.
Cons: bad scheduled pick up times, not enough pay.
Typical shift started at whatever time you were scheduled to work based off of a shift bid. They expected you to show up thirty minutes prior to your shift commencing so that you could map out your route. The route in itself was not a realistic scheduled route. You are usually running behind schedule by your third or fourth pick up due to a lack of common sense on the part of the schedulers.Once you have managed to some what adjust to that juggle act, you will some how be given more passengers to pick up which will then send you back to square one. The task itself is not difficult, but dealing with the general public usually becomes that... not to mention the overzealous schedulers.
Productive workplace
Driver (Former Employee), Denver, COFebruary 9, 2015
long work day depending on bid schedules. I learned to humble myself and be more sympathetic. Management is understand and willing to work with employees. Co-workers are awesome and supportive people. The hardest part of the day is the four hour split. the most enjoyable part of a typical day is the scenery.
This was a temporary job.
Dispatcher (Former Employee), Coon Rapids, MNFebruary 4, 2015
Pros: was alone while i worked.
Cons: didn't always get 40 hrs.
I would dispatch jobs, route drivers, answered customer service requests or cancel jobs as needed. This was a temporary job. I worked the 2nd shift and wasn't always getting 40 hours in a week.

1 2 3 4 5