MV Transit

MV Transit Employer Reviews

Position supports opportunity to interact with clients
Quality / Road Supervisor (Current Employee), Houston, TXMarch 2, 2015
A typical day at work involves monitoring street operations for on time performance and compliance with route and operator schedules..
Enjoyed working with the public
Driver (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDMarch 2, 2015
Pros: i enjoyed meeting people
Cons: no cons
I enjoyed working with the public and enjoyed meeting new people
and what I learned is that it doesn't matter what handicap they have they are people too and have feelings. And I don't have any complaints.
Just an ok place to work
Para-Transit Driver for VTA/Outreach (Former Employee), San Jose, CAFebruary 28, 2015
Pros- Stable job, Helping others
Cons - Huge responsibility for transporting individuals with disabilities- for a little amount of pay!
This company will only hire you as a part-time employees Management does not care about paying part-time employees a good wage. You must belong to a union and pay monthly dues
Union only gives like .25-35 cent raises once a year.
I loved being in the shop working
Transit Bus Technician (Former Employee), Lorton, VAFebruary 26, 2015
Pros: it was great pay and i worked with some reall good people
Our work day was nice and calm we always had a meeting to know who was working on what and what needed parts. I always got along with my co workers and My supervisor. It was always enjoyable to be at work.
driver for MVT power transit
Driver (Current Employee), Brooklyn, NYFebruary 25, 2015
collect the route for the day, per-trip the vehicle, pick up the passengers safely and drop them off safely to their desired location. Every passenger has a unique reason why he or she is uses this service and as a driver we can not judge by there outer appearance. Road Supervisor keeps track of our location to make sure the drives are obeying the laws of the road. Passing co-workers on the road may require a friendly hook of the horn, sometime they may need help with a pick up which that they are running late for. Getting to every pick up on time is very hard. The road is field with pedestrians and new drivers making it difficult to get to your destination at timely fashion. Meeting New people and new personalities everyday is one of the perks of being a power transit
driver.
overall bad Job
Monitor (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAFebruary 24, 2015
Workplace , management , and the way employees are treated on a daily basis is terrible . No advancement it is basically like a dead end job
Bus Driver (Former Employee), San Leandro, CAFebruary 22, 2015
Pros: early shifts
Cons: management
Typical day was driving patients around to appointments and home. I learned that management was a little challenged but I did enjoy the caring patients.
Demanding, yet flexible job.
Onsite Project Manager (Current Employee), Dallas, TXFebruary 18, 2015
Pros: flexible hours, love the clients i work with, environment i work in.
Cons: team of 1, demanding client managers, on call 24/7/365
I learned that you need to think on your feet, prioritize work load and deal with a wide set of people. Never had any issues with company management.
Awesome people to work with
HR Manager (Current Employee), Austin, TXFebruary 18, 2015
The hours are long but the actual idea of helping people is the greatest reward of this job. I love the people I work with and I have learned a huge amount about transportation since working here.
fun place to work at.
Bus Driver (Current Employee), Niles, ILFebruary 14, 2015
Pros: meet friendly people everyday
Cons: short or no breaks at all
Typical work day, come in the morning, sign in, conduct a pre-trip, and go on your first pick up of the day. The easiest part it has a GPS mounted on or near the dashboard so you cant get lost, however knowing the city helps a lot. Hardest part of the job is, and actually is not really that hard is mounting the four points on a wheelchair. The most enjoyable part of job is you get to meet different people everyday.
Pays the bills
Driver (Former Employee), El Paso, TXFebruary 10, 2015
Pros: you don't have to stick to the route you are given for too long.
Cons: bad scheduled pick up times, not enough pay.
Typical shift started at whatever time you were scheduled to work based off of a shift bid. They expected you to show up thirty minutes prior to your shift commencing so that you could map out your route. The route in itself was not a realistic scheduled route. You are usually running behind schedule by your third or fourth pick up due to a lack of common sense on the part of the schedulers.Once you have managed to some what adjust to that juggle act, you will some how be given more passengers to pick up which will then send you back to square one. The task itself is not difficult, but dealing with the general public usually becomes that... not to mention the overzealous schedulers.
Productive workplace
Driver (Former Employee), Denver, COFebruary 9, 2015
long work day depending on bid schedules. I learned to humble myself and be more sympathetic. Management is understand and willing to work with employees. Co-workers are awesome and supportive people. The hardest part of the day is the four hour split. the most enjoyable part of a typical day is the scenery.
This was a temporary job.
Dispatcher (Former Employee), Coon Rapids, MNFebruary 4, 2015
Pros: was alone while i worked.
Cons: didn't always get 40 hrs.
I would dispatch jobs, route drivers, answered customer service requests or cancel jobs as needed. This was a temporary job. I worked the 2nd shift and wasn't always getting 40 hours in a week.
lots of new areas coming in the future
Delivery Driver (Former Employee), Denver, COFebruary 1, 2015
Pros: lots to learn very safety oriented
Cons: to much chiefs and not enough bosses
really enjoyed my time here just wish it would do away with the union policies and give better money for what we do for being an RTD job has a lot of flaws
Clerk
Sts Bus Operator (Former Employee), Dallas, TXJanuary 29, 2015
Pros: great managment
Enjoyed the human resources experience of helping others.
Summary Review
Scheduler / Dispatcher /Reservationist (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAJanuary 22, 2015
Working at MV Transportation was an overall great experience for me. I moved quickly learning different aspects of the company's operations and excelled at many levels. I normally sought to keep the "big picture," in focused weather I was answering phone calls, directing drivers, or organizing and structuring routes for buses, clients, and facilities. I learned from management to keep moving forward at all times. Because the company always was on a time schedule moving the schedule forward was job one. From my co-workers I learned to trust more. I was not in control of situations and many times I had to rely on the trainings that I shared with others to do the right thing and look for a positive outcome. The hardest part of this job was rescheduling clients. Every ones situation is important, just like their time, however in the course of a day sometimes things happened that impeded a timely pick up or drop off and helping someone to understand that it was not personal when this happened, that we did have their best interest in heart, and that we would do all that we could to accommodate their schedule, could be challenging. The most enjoyable part of this job is the reward of knowing you helped so many people and sometimes these people or representatives let you know that they appreciated your efforts.
fun and safe
Bus Driver (Former Employee), San Francisco, CAJanuary 15, 2015
getting people to they doctor appointments on time and driving people around making them laugh made me happy
It was a good co. to work for until the lose of the contracts and lack of commuication w/the employees
Para Transit Driver/operator (Former Employee), Capital Heights, TNJanuary 9, 2015
Pros: n/a
Cons: n/a
I'd go in w/a smile, perform my duties and returning to the base safely.

I learned to be a responsible and courteous driver and how to use the life for wheel clients find different addressed around the Metropolitan area with safety and accuracy.

Management was fair.

There was no time to get to know the co-workers because you go in pick up your manifest and go out on your route.

Nothing was really hard when it came to my duties.

Having a job to go to every day with a smile and on time
Good people
maintenance technician (Former Employee), Visalia, CAJanuary 7, 2015
Pros: service manager is awesome to work with
Cons: low pay
Great people, awesome management (service shop), that's about it...
leadership lacking
QC and Facility Manager (Former Employee), Washington, DCJanuary 4, 2015
business has possibilities

they need to be serious about what they do

1 2 3 4 5