MV Transportation Employee Reviews

could be a good place to work with better management
Diesel Technician (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXAugust 21, 2017
the Union is expensive and if you don't join then you get messed with. If you don't have Seniority you will end up with a horrible shift like 3rd shift with Tue-Wed as your days off. They tell you to get your ASE and you can move up as a Tech but once you do they tell you No there are no slots for you to move up
Pros
Good co-workers
Cons
poor managment
Room for growth
Alsip/Chicago 45th-Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 20, 2017
Trained me to be what I have become today. They saw the potential in me and opened the doors to reach my goals of excellent customer service there is still some growth that needs to be made so far as in the morale but definitely a good comapany to work for
good outfit
Coach Operator (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAAugust 19, 2017
GRavy work, excellent equipment. These guys have their heads screwed on straight, which is more than I can say more for companies in the transportation industry.
great place
Medium/Heavy/CNG/LNG Bus Equipment Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAAugust 16, 2017
working at MV was a great experience for me, I started at the bottom worked my way up, and in the process I learned alot, and co works and management helped out has much as possible, so that you can move up.
Quite content
Driver (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 16, 2017
Personally I was quite content at MV Transportation they have many opportunities if you are willing to work for the hours that are needed it is very satisfiable
Pros
All the benefit that one needs for a family
Cons
Just the basic hustle and bustle of being a driver
Productive busy place to work
City Bus Operator (Former Employee) –  Austin, TX 78758August 15, 2017
Great Diversity, Good training, open positions to advance, management was very well organize, open door policy to discuss any issues and sort any problems arising within the company.
Very bad place to work at
Bad (Former Employee) –  Niles, ILAugust 14, 2017
Very unprofessional place to work . A lot of people quit everyday there always short on drivers . they don't value good employees and managers are horrible very unprofessional . No sick days and they work out of a point system . And if they don't like you they will give you points even tho you have a legitimate reason like if you were at hospital or something like a case of emergency .
Pros
A lot of over time because there always short handed on drivers
Cons
They don't care about there employees they just want the job done .
Bus Monitor (Former Employee) –  Savannah, GAAugust 11, 2017
This first time experience for me as monitor ,very challenging for me ,my job title was to make sure each and every student was behave and continue to be seated ,I was the driver second set of eyes on the bus,to make sure everyone is safe.help assist off and the bus,my first time being a monitor was very interested and successful I enjoy this job
Cons
Monitor
Simple job
Call Center Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Van Nuys, CAAugust 10, 2017
The job is pretty easy and straight to the point.
Fast-paced environment
Handling all together 6,000+ calls a day
Call center is open 365 days a year.
It's a Job
Operator (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLAugust 10, 2017
It's ok for someone who doesn't want to surf high for there dream career,or a retired person, don't pay much at all for the hard work that's done.They also complain alot about the most smallest thing.Also last but not least try it out for your self it's a job and you personally may like or love it it's just not my cup of tea.
Pros
Its a job. SIMPLE!
Cons
Never hardly get a lunch or bathroom break
I love the job it's management.
Driver (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXAugust 10, 2017
This job could be better if they get new management, it's the manager that makes this job hard. You fire one manager bring in another one who works as a maintenance guy and don't know nothing about driving. Made it so stressful.
bus
Driver/Commercial delivery driver (Former Employee) –  Bellevue, WAAugust 9, 2017
transported Microsoft people.\
slow work time. not nice people.
ok company.
you pretty much have to work two jobs to make 40hrs a week. Or to even bring home a good amount of money
Great place to work alot of over time
Metro lift driver (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 9, 2017
Great work place a lot of over time work and incentives for your work as a driver was able to meet good people nice clients always was extra wrk on rouths
Pros
Took care drivers for there good work
Cons
Needed to pay drivers more but we drivers made it up in overtime
Opportunity for overtime
Dispatcher (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAAugust 8, 2017
Opportunity for overtime, the routes are simple. Offer a variety of shuttle sizes. Management is lacking and hands off. Not much for support staff. Not required to work weekends.
Pros
Off weekends
Good job
Driver/Operator (Current Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 3, 2017
Nice place to work,but they are very short on drivers and dispatchs,need to change management, company is failing to get New contract with city.i love to help people, and I like what I do.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Poor staff
Okay, poor work environment
Driver on commuter and dash (Former Employee) –  Sylmar, CAAugust 2, 2017
Most driver are unhappy with Management. Management is not passing more training for the drivers. Not open to any driver suggestions? Safety management has poor judgment.
Pros
Get to view city
Cons
Better managment would help for the drivers
Family vibe
Driver (Current Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIAugust 2, 2017
I love working for MV Transportation , I like enter acting with the clients. It's a great experience and a great feeling of giving back to the community
Too much politics
Shop Foreman (Current Employee) –  Staten Island, NYJuly 31, 2017
Hardest part of my job is not being able to contribute certain job cultures and routines that would help benefit my company. I would love to help the company more by putting certain roles and expectations in.
Pros
Love what I do
Cons
Job load to resource managment not enough to fulfil certain jobs
Great Place For Flexibility
Driver (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJuly 30, 2017
Good But Not Enough Hours. Requires Approximately One Year To Make Full Time Operator At This Location. Great Work Environment. Good Camaraderie Between Workers
Cons
Not enough hours
i was very grateful to the company for offering paid training while you learned to drive the bus and to earl my CDL
Bus Operator (Former Employee) –  Carson, CAJuly 27, 2017
Very good company to work for. They trained me to drive a commercial vehicle and even helped me earn my license. I was very grateful for that opportunity.
Pros
Paid training
Cons
No very good health benefits