MV Transportation Employee Reviews in United States

True definition of a JOB !!
Company Driver (Former Employee) –  Dennis, MAAugust 22, 2016
It is a good fit for retired or semi-retired individuals and also for people that do enjoy interacting with the general public.
really bad place to be at for a job
Driver (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 17, 2016
the worst company you can work for they want to pay you the rate at what they pay their Texas employees don't do it to yourself. You will be working with alot of horrible employees and supervisors that have no class at all..
Good place to start in Transportation
Lead Dispatcher/Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Sylmar, CA 91342August 12, 2016
My experience with MV has been worthwhile. I've been with MV since 2009 and it has been quite the experience. Like anything else in life, its had its ups and downs. But overall, I can say that I don't regret making MV my place for employment. I've learned alot along the way, and it has taught me that patience is a virtue. I am blessed to be apart of the MV workforce.
Pros
Excellent Benefits through the Teamsters Union 848.
Cons
The Operators are lazy! Not much room for growth or advancement.
Close to home nice environment to work.
Reservationist (Current Employee) –  Alsip, ILAugust 11, 2016
The co-workers are very helpful and help you on calls about areas we service or do not service or which transfer points the clients need to go to in other to connect with a secondary carrier.
Pros
Friendly environment
Cons
Working weekends and holidays a lot of sitting
Highly stressful,, not supportive to its employees
former driver (Former Employee) –  niles il...chicago illAugust 3, 2016
Mv transportation Both Niles and Chicago location is the absolute worst company to work for. The Management is low end favoritism abounds.
Pros
Their are none, Management considers you a tool, They don't follow their own company rules, You get taken out of service regularly, For such petty things by pace the Contractor without proof of doing anything wrong, Not given a date as to when you will return
Cons
If you get hired their, know that the turnover rate is very high, They make promises they know they won't keep, Promises like 80 hrs a week, Once you sign on you barely get 65
Make It Temporary
Driver (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 2, 2016
This place will provide you with a check but that is all. There is no opportunity to learn anything new. Some dispatchers are horrible communicators, some members of management are clueless. The whole time I was there positions were being juggled around. New person here, new person there. Rules change on a daily basis, some rules apply to this person but not the next person. It's basically a revolving door, people come and people go. It's to you how to deal with what you can deal with.
Pros
It's a check
Cons
Never know when your work day will end, too unorganized, messy, no room for advancing. NO support.
Driver (Former Employee) –  Hanford, CAJuly 28, 2016
It helps you get your Class b which is very helpful. The people their are wonderful and helps you especially when you're fresh from passing your test and need to learn the ins and outs of driving a transit bus.
Not a good place to work
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FL 32805July 26, 2016
You will never know from one day to the next if you will have a job. No matter what, they will find a reason or set you up for failure to get rid of you.
Not so good
Bus Driver (Former Employee) –  Grand Junction, COJuly 25, 2016
This is not a good job for anyone with circulation, bladder or back issues for sure.

No lunch, stretching or bathroom breaks
Management wasn't very helpful with these issues, we were told to drive faster & exceed the speed limits.
Pros
Its a job
Cons
No lunch, stretching or bathroom breaks
Fun
Driver (Former Employee) –  Grand Forks, NDJuly 22, 2016
I was very happy to work where I live. I do not need to drive or take bus to my work. I used to just wake up and go to next building our office.
Pros
where I live
Cons
too dusty
Fun place to work love the people managers suck
Transit operator (Former Employee) –  3550 3rd street San Francisco CA 94120July 19, 2016
If you work for 3550 3rd street MV watch out for management they lie!!! One day I when in to talk with this women in the office I won't give any names if they don't like what you say to them this is there famous words then resign!!! This person did all the paper work on me with out me saying that I was resigning or that I was quiting!! I went back to work on a Sunday and the dispatcher looked at me all crazy and said he heard I didn't work there anymore I said WHAT!! My run was open he wanted to give it to me but didn't what to get in trouble and I understood!! First of all top management should have call and asked was that true Not once did I say that I was quiting or resigning nor did I say it in writing either!!! Watch out for this company!!! ITS NO GOOD!!! They need driver really bad cause the training department has to go out cause of shortest of drivers! Training is a joke no real training apply and you'll see!!!
Pros
Wonderful people
Cons
Pay isn't good, management does what they want to you and they don't get in trouble, if you have experience in driving you won't get any good training
work to hard for little bit of money
Driver operations (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJuly 18, 2016
pick up 40 people per day I learned that you are on you only out there management sucked the hardest part was that you work hard and they didn't give you a break
Cons
no breaks
Stressfull
Transit Operator (Former Employee) –  Stockton, CAJuly 18, 2016
long hours to many splits no sleep just a paycheck. dispatchers are rude and don't help you point system is stupid. co workers are helpful. training was the best part after that wow.
Pros
paid traing and a pay check
Cons
loss of sleep very dangerous when driving a huge bus with passangers. bad scheduales
It's a lot of childs play that goes on sometimes
Driver (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJuly 16, 2016
I know what time I go to work but don't know when I will get off.
I've learn patience and how to deal with handicaps.
Management only cares about the route being cover and not a sick child.
The hardest part of the job is when the MIT goes out and needs to be reset.
Is talking with some of the elderly people and getting wisdom and knowledge....
Pros
Off holidays
Cons
A job
For the most part I really liked working at the call center.
Floor Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Salem, ORJuly 15, 2016
That all people are different, I learned I liked working with a diverse age group. My office manager was great she made work fun. I've learned that I love helping people.
Lack of Management
DISPATCHER (Former Employee) –  RosevilleJuly 11, 2016
MV Transportation as a company is okay.

A typical day consisted of answering phones, giving drivers any changes to their routes, and data entry.

I learned in some companies you cannot trust management.

Management is lacking in so many ways. No respect for employees, doesn't boost employee morale.

I loved most of my co workers.

Hardest part of the job is answering 4 phone lines, and 2 radios at the same time.

Overall I loved my job, loved my clients and my most of my co workers.
Pros
Alone in the office most of the time, able to listen to music, watch movies
Cons
Management, lack of support and training.
productive driving on a routine matter
Driver (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCJuly 10, 2016
I pick up clients and take them to there appointment's it might be a hour or so waiting for them I never leave them alone. I learned how to be sufficient when I am driving. Management was good they told us who to pick up, my co works where great also if I needed help they would step in. The hardest part of my job was really nothing, I loved my job everyday enjoy going.
Pros
I got to meet diffrent people everyday
Cons
We had down time to where if we had anything to do you could do it and it wouldnt effect your job.
it pays the bills
Driver and trainer/instructor (Current Employee) –  Alsip, ILJuly 7, 2016
not worse than any other job, pays the bills, flexible schedule. work by the rules, cutomers are very nice people but you need empathy for this job
Very productive work placee
Paratransit Operator (Former Employee) –  Van Nuys, CAJune 29, 2016
Picking up and taking the disable to their requested destination was great, but for the pay it was a lot of work, pay should be a little bit more for the work load.
n/a
N/A (Former Employee) –  somewheres in NCJune 28, 2016
drive your full shift with no breaks management sucks. Cant have a talk with the manager in a normal tone of voice. And the pay per hour is not good. You dont pay a CDL Driver less then what you can get at a fast food place.
Pros
Cons
the pay is not worth the headaches

2.8