MV Transportation Employee Reviews

Not bad
Paratransit Driver (Former Employee) –  Niles, ILFebruary 14, 2017
Good place to work with. They really taking safe driving serious as you're driving people to different places. Everyday you'll learn something new. Dispatch and higher staff is comftable to work with as well as supervisor but not all of em. Job is easy most of the day, only hectic time is around busy hours during 7-10am and around in the afternoon. You can make hours most of the day. Schedule is based on seniority which is understandable. Senior employee have choice to pick straight route and longer hours as well as days off. Newer employee usually end up just having split shift but still gonna make 40 hours plus in a week. The one I work with is maybe the best place you can work with (North Cook) compare driving to main Chicago or elsewhere. Pay is 12 per hour, at least on north cook. Which is on the low side but considering how easy the job I guess it's fair enough. Only bad part is the rush hour as dispatch sometimes give you trips that's way impossible. Dealing with other passenger that will sometimes gets on your nerves. Other passenger and senior who just wanna go to the place they going sometimes blame the driver for the schedule as why they not getting drop off yet. But it's not really the drivers fault. Only people who have sometimes attitude is one of the supervisor and some of the mechanic that you will encounter working here. Other than that friendly place to work with.
diverse transit corporation
Safety and Training Manager (Current Employee) –  West CoastFebruary 14, 2017
Low-bid contract provider for government transportation entities. The corporation is the nation's largest minority owned, private transportation services provider.
Pros
Dynamic environment
Cons
Below market compensation and benefits.
Has potential to be good, but management and lack of training makes it difficult to stay.
Reservation Agent (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CAFebruary 14, 2017
Lack of staff, lack of consistency between reservationists, dispatchers, customer service, and the analysis dept, lack of management makes everyday working here difficult.
Nothing more to say
Behind the wheel trainer (Former Employee) –  Capitol Heights, MDFebruary 13, 2017
They always had a full drivers lounge drivers came to work back then MV Transportation was a great place to work. Everybody got along and they weren't quick to terminate you
Pros
They knew how to get it done
Excellent experience
Access Service Driver (Former Employee) –  Van Nuys, CAFebruary 11, 2017
Transport people with disabilities to their medical appointments and procedures, with safety and support in the necessary and as they require
good pay but no good life balance, mostly spend time working
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Van Nuys, CAFebruary 10, 2017
the pay was good because every three months you would get raise but the thing that sucked was that there were only 2 shifts closing and opening. stayed late at times and there is not much time for you to spend with family.
Pros
pay
Cons
time consuming
Productive and Thriving Company to work for.
Operations Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAFebruary 10, 2017
Currently I'm Employed as Operations Supervisor for MV Transportation. My work day currently consist of production of manifest and insuring the safety of 200+ employees and their work vehicles, while enforcing policy and procedure of the company to ensure safety and quality of the company!
Pros
Friendly Enviornment
Cons
Pay Rate
I enjoyed starting out with this company
Coach Operator (Former Employee) –  Modesto, CAFebruary 8, 2017
Similar to my current employer, on a typical day I arrive at the yard, inquire about any detours, pre-trip my coach, fill the ride guides, and pamphlets for our riders, once complete I depart the yard and start my run.I have learned a great deal about the necessary skills it takes to be successful, patient, kind,compassionate, and efficient coach operator. Management is typically accessible and encouraging. We have a wide variety of people here, seasoned, the newbies, the quiet types, the loud types. We're a family. The most difficult aspect for me would be at times, explaining that we have no control over delays we may encounter.
Pros
Great beginning as a coach operator
Cons
Their contract came to an end shortly after I was hired.
A driving job
Bus Driver/ PT Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Batavia, ILFebruary 7, 2017
With this job you need to have a love for driving, working with elderly and ADA passengers. Some days are tons of fun, some days not so much.
MV Transportation...
Driver (Current Employee) –  Curtis Bay, MDFebruary 6, 2017
Just apply and take advantage of your own professional experience
at MV Transportation . Everything you will learn in training will put you in a position to grow through out the company or future employment. Great pay and benefits.
Pros
Growth
The mission an purpose to this company is very respectable.
Transportation Assistant (Former Employee) –  San Leandro, CAFebruary 3, 2017
Working with this company allowed me to learn another side of caring for others. It allowed me to see a need and more understanding of others who totally depends of your services with excellence. Although at times I found myself becoming very attached to the customers/clients. I could not help but wished there was more professionalism within management and other co-workers relationship, during the time of my employment.
Productive work environment
Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Tracy, CAFebruary 2, 2017
Assisting management with payroll, selling greyhound tickets, scheduling drivers with time point and route match. Customer service
The worst!
shuttle bus driver (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 1, 2017
Hateful management.Employees are hateful,favoritism is rampant.Undercover racism exists,Inconsistent behavior with lower management.
Pros
none that i can see
Cons
low pay, bad management, old vehicles.
Fair
Dispatcher/Team Leader, Same Day Scheduler (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJanuary 31, 2017
Company is shadowed by DART which is pretty great. this section is ADA regulated and besides the many changes that occur unexpected and without reason the company would be be great.
Cons
Inexperienced supervisors
Lets ride
Customer Service In relation to Transportation (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJanuary 29, 2017
Route out your day. Safe driving skills. Everything bossy. interesting tough crowd. Driving in the city Meeting awesome people, Put smile on customers faces and being a helping vessel.
Pros
I like driving
Cons
Bad driver on the same road
Horrible Place to work
Reservations Agent (Current Employee) –  Hyattsville, MDJanuary 27, 2017
They do not even let you go to the bathroom. They do not accommodate anyone who is attending school. They will write you up every time you miss a day or call out.
Pros
Clients
Cons
Not able to go to bathroom when u need to
job got boring
Driver (Former Employee) –  Anchorage, AKJanuary 26, 2017
transport clients around town, appointments, stores, church. etc. used two way radio to dispatch, paper work, tie down wheelchairs and walkers..........
Pros
free lunches every friday
Cons
no breaks
MV Transportation
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Washington City, DCJanuary 25, 2017
A company with potential however it has major flaws that could be rectified if more qualified employees are hired. Majority of the workforce would agree.
Pros
Great Career Start
Cons
No room for growth
Great place
Driver (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXJanuary 24, 2017
Not a bad place to work if you enjoy a fast pace with little to no time for a break. The satisfaction of helping other people is well worth the pay. Upper management is always there to give encouraging word.
Mv Transportation
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAJanuary 23, 2017
Good Company to work for
very friendly
very cooperative
are willing to promote
customers are very respectful and nice
supervisors are very understandable

Ask a question about working or interviewing at MV Transportation. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9