MV Transportation Employee Reviews

Safety first work environment...
General Manager (GM) (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, NCSeptember 26, 2016
MV Transportation is an industry leader in providing public transportation to the communities all around the country.
great place to work
Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Peoria, ILSeptember 21, 2016
this is a family owned place it was a good place to learn i picked up and mature from this company it taught me to grow and how to always smile great workers
Pros
free meals with great things completed
Hours are good
Paratransit Driver/Customer Support (Current Employee) –  Alsip, ILSeptember 19, 2016
I like MV a few changes need to be made but overall cool place to work, very flexable. It allows me to do the things I need to do. Its a great company if you want to go back to school.
Liad back
Maintenance Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Fairfax, VASeptember 13, 2016
The management, I was fortunate to work with, was great. Management always motivated their employees to do better. The job was not always easy, but Management and Co-workers made it bearable.
working here just ok.
A level mechanic (Current Employee) –  San Leandro, CA 94577September 11, 2016
It 's good to work with this company. I learn about working on cars big buses, i gain most of my skill, experience here. i have a nice boss, and friendly co workers. the hardest part of the job is benefit. I can't afford to buy medical for my family and myself.
very sweat shoppish
Dispatcher/Customer Service trainee (Former Employee) –  Beltsville, MDSeptember 1, 2016
the attitudes of the managers came off a bit aggressive. They were trying to use certain scare tactics to put fear into future employees and you didn't feel like you were apart of a team to grow you were treated as purely a worker my trainer was awesome though she did a great job teaching our class and really told us what to expect as well as encouraging us to do our best
Pros
benefits and pay
Cons
you are not treated as team members you are less than the superiors in the building
Fast Pace Environment
Maintenance Clerk (Current Employee) –  Santa Clarita, CASeptember 1, 2016
Usually work is pretty steady, there are moments when things can get hectic due to some unexpected issues popping up. I learned better time managing skills and professionalism from working here. Management is friendly I personally do wish things were a bit more organized and clear at times. Everyone here is very friendly and helpful this is my first job where questions are welcomed by everyone. The hardest part of the job is when problems arise and new procedures are put out maintaining them can become irritating. The most enjoyable are the few gatherings MV holds for their employees as an appreciation for their hard work as well as the employees themselves everyone is very encouraging.
Pros
appreciation days
Cons
constant change for little things
the disrespectful Union Reps
Driver (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 29, 2016
The Union reps at chicago 135 are extremely disrespectful. Both of them are big loud mouths and very unprofessional. I suppose since both of them are extremely large in size, they consider themselves to be intimidating. NOTTT. The female constantly talks about people and thinks mv is her own personal company. They both call employees out of their names, not only that, they say it in front of other co-workers. We dont need reps like them. Either get respectful people or dont have a union.
Pros
The company is a great company
Cons
The Union reps are the worst in Illinois
Not recommended
Driver (Current Employee) –  DinubaAugust 28, 2016
Do not work here. Always changing your routes. Management very unprofessional. Pay and benefits are below average. Transits are always breaking down. No air conditioning in the transits. Co-workers are great. You do not get your breaks on time. Long hours and very stressful.
Pros
Working with co-workers
Cons
Low pay, stressful environment. I could go on and on too many to list.
Wonderful place to work
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Peoria, ILAugust 28, 2016
A great group of peoples to work for. Management is fair and balanced. Management is always willing to listen and help out when needed. Great teamwork.
Pros
free uniforms and constant food availability
Cons
not enough parking, benefits are terrible
True definition of a JOB !!
Company Driver (Former Employee) –  Dennis, MAAugust 22, 2016
It is a good fit for retired or semi-retired individuals and also for people that do enjoy interacting with the general public.
really bad place to be at for a job
Driver (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 17, 2016
the worst company you can work for they want to pay you the rate at what they pay their Texas employees don't do it to yourself. You will be working with alot of horrible employees and supervisors that have no class at all..
Good place to start in Transportation
Lead Dispatcher/Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Sylmar, CA 91342August 12, 2016
My experience with MV has been worthwhile. I've been with MV since 2009 and it has been quite the experience. Like anything else in life, its had its ups and downs. But overall, I can say that I don't regret making MV my place for employment. I've learned alot along the way, and it has taught me that patience is a virtue. I am blessed to be apart of the MV workforce.
Pros
Excellent Benefits through the Teamsters Union 848.
Cons
The Operators are lazy! Not much room for growth or advancement.
Close to home nice environment to work.
Reservationist (Current Employee) –  Alsip, ILAugust 11, 2016
The co-workers are very helpful and help you on calls about areas we service or do not service or which transfer points the clients need to go to in other to connect with a secondary carrier.
Pros
Friendly environment
Cons
Working weekends and holidays a lot of sitting
Highly stressful,, not supportive to its employees
former driver (Former Employee) –  niles il...chicago illAugust 3, 2016
Mv transportation Both Niles and Chicago location is the absolute worst company to work for. The Management is low end favoritism abounds.
Pros
Their are none, Management considers you a tool, They don't follow their own company rules, You get taken out of service regularly, For such petty things by pace the Contractor without proof of doing anything wrong, Not given a date as to when you will return
Cons
If you get hired their, know that the turnover rate is very high, They make promises they know they won't keep, Promises like 80 hrs a week, Once you sign on you barely get 65
Make It Temporary
Driver (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 2, 2016
This place will provide you with a check but that is all. There is no opportunity to learn anything new. Some dispatchers are horrible communicators, some members of management are clueless. The whole time I was there positions were being juggled around. New person here, new person there. Rules change on a daily basis, some rules apply to this person but not the next person. It's basically a revolving door, people come and people go. It's to you how to deal with what you can deal with.
Pros
It's a check
Cons
Never know when your work day will end, too unorganized, messy, no room for advancing. NO support.
Driver (Former Employee) –  Hanford, CAJuly 28, 2016
It helps you get your Class b which is very helpful. The people their are wonderful and helps you especially when you're fresh from passing your test and need to learn the ins and outs of driving a transit bus.
Not a good place to work
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FL 32805July 26, 2016
You will never know from one day to the next if you will have a job. No matter what, they will find a reason or set you up for failure to get rid of you.
Not so good
Bus Driver (Former Employee) –  Grand Junction, COJuly 25, 2016
This is not a good job for anyone with circulation, bladder or back issues for sure.

No lunch, stretching or bathroom breaks
Management wasn't very helpful with these issues, we were told to drive faster & exceed the speed limits.
Pros
Its a job
Cons
No lunch, stretching or bathroom breaks
Fun
Driver (Former Employee) –  Grand Forks, NDJuly 22, 2016
I was very happy to work where I live. I do not need to drive or take bus to my work. I used to just wake up and go to next building our office.
Pros
where I live
Cons
too dusty

Ask a question about working or interviewing at MV Transportation. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9