MV Transportation Employee Reviews

An eye opening experience for me
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAOctober 17, 2017
I met and worked with a lot of good people during my time there but that is all I have to say about it.I left the workplace focused on putting my personal feelings behind me and hoping that those that I know and care about do not experience any of difficulties I went through.
Pros
met good people while there
Cons
trust issues and loyalty
This job could become very stressful over worked and under paid.
Bus Driver (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVOctober 17, 2017
If i knew what I know NOW... Get in and get out meaning: Get YOUR CDL and move on because this company will set you up for Failure. The hardest part no lunch breaks.
Pros
Free pass
Cons
NO lunch Breaks
Fast paced always on a call
Customer Service Reservationist (Current Employee) –  Van Nuys, CA 91406October 16, 2017
Customer service requiered . Phone calls all shift booking trips for access clients. You receive your own headset & plan to be on a computer all shift
Strong Safety Culture
Safety Training Manager (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXOctober 9, 2017
Due to the poor contract, work days are long but with the direction of the management team work life is successful. Strong safety and training program which is extremely beneficial to the safety culture. All safety and training materials have a "lesson plan" giving you a base to improve and implement according to your location needs. Hardest part of the job is no time to attend outside classes or certification classes for career development.
worst job ive ever had
Paratransit Driver (Former Employee) –  Niles, ILOctober 6, 2017
drivers are over worked and under payed office staff and managment treat driver like dirt long hours lack of communication with dispatch this was the worst job ive ever had
Pros
friendly customers
Cons
low pay
Great place to work, room for advancement.
Dispatch Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Fairfax, VAOctober 4, 2017
Pros: Plenty overtime, Loved working with and helping the clients get to their destination safely.

Cons: Mandatory work sometimes overnight during inclement weather.
Low pay. Limited benefits.
Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Ogden, UTOctober 4, 2017
Pay is very low. Benefits package lacking. No ability to advance. Favoritism shown among employees. Policy and procedure not followed properly or fairly.
Average Transportation division
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Oakdale, MNOctober 4, 2017
Typical DAR operation, no frills and no real investment from management. It did not appear that this region was a priority and therefore was not given any funding or infrastructure to grow locally.
Fast Paced enviorment
Professional Transit Bus Driver (Former Employee) –  North Las Vegas, NVOctober 3, 2017
This job is a excellent place to get professional training and job history no complaints love Mv Transportation I will recommend then to any one in the public transportation industry.
Driving all day
Paratransit Bus Operator (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDOctober 3, 2017
You get to drive around all day but can be tiresome. Hours start as early as 2am and you won't get off until 1 or 2pm. Overall it's a great job, I would recommend
Great Place to work
Automotive Technician (Former Employee) –  Capitol Heights, MDOctober 3, 2017
Although this place went out of business, it was one of the best places I have worked. The people were nice and I was able to achieve may of my goals.
Pros
Easy to work with
Remarkable co-workers
Scheduler (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAOctober 3, 2017
A typical day at work would always start off pretty busy, and the remaining hour would usually slow down leaving me able to get a head start on future tasks. Co-workers were the highlight of my day, Because I always felt a comfortable atmosphere made it easier and more productive in the workplace. The hardest part of the day was finding time to take a break. Realizing time was moving along quickly and forgetting to take breaks.
driver
Driver (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYOctober 2, 2017
pick and drop passengers off at the desire location within a safe and timely matter. I also had to collect their fare in order for them to ride the tarc 3 bus
Great Place to Start your career
Paratransit Driver (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 27, 2017
Loved my job enjoyed working with people I caught on fast as in just moving To Ga .The experience what was great .My supervisor were also good to talk to when I had a problem
Room for advancement.
Transit Bus Operator (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVSeptember 26, 2017
My experience with MV Transportation was stressful at times. I think a lot of the stress came from trying to stay on schedule. Which was difficult because the time points were so tight. Any deviation like having to secure more than one pwd at a stop would put you behind schedule and I liked being on time so that part was stressful.
Stressful at times yet friendly environment
Driver (Former Employee) –  Coon Rapids, MNSeptember 25, 2017
The working environment was stressful at times, however I enjoyed the work most of the time. The people that I worked with were friendly to work with along the management.
Pros
coworkers
Cons
high demands led to stress
management sucks
top secret (Former Employee) –  Washington StateSeptember 21, 2017
management is lacking of poor characters. they don't know how to take an advice and fix issues. buses are horrible to drive they are falling apart. it is really bad, i would not recommend people to work there. promises are not kept. changing drivers like socks. company need to be investigated. discrimination is at full phase.
productive with a lot of miscommunication
Driver (Current Employee) –  Van Nuys, CASeptember 20, 2017
As a driver always be prepared to work between 8-11 hours. Your end time is usually inconsistent. The day is consists of 5-14 trips with about 2 of them cancelling at door and not wanting the trip. As a dispatcher, you have many tasks that require a fast paced mentality. Mult Tasking is a must and you need to have excellent customer service and be able to handle customers who are sometimes upset.
Pros
sightseeing
Cons
long trips in traffic, usually late because of traffic
Different
Driver (Former Employee) –  Georgetown, DESeptember 20, 2017
It has good and bad. General manager for that site has no experience. The supervisor will work with you if you have to be off. No sick time is offered.
Pros
Overtime
Cons
No breaks
not a good job
Paratransit Vehicle Operator (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PASeptember 19, 2017
you will be working at least 13 hours a day and septa will be calling telling you you not working fast enough.........................................