MV Transportation Employee Reviews

Do not work here if you have too
Driver/Operator (Former Employee) –  Truckee, CANovember 11, 2016
Management is really bad, and the company does not support its drivers.
They hire you and then if you are not a good ole boy or kiss the management then they get rid of you.
Worst company to work for lousy benefits, no promotions, bad attitudes.
Pros
check
Cons
everything else about the company
Not recommended
Driver (Current Employee) –  DinubaAugust 28, 2016
Do not work here. Always changing your routes. Management very unprofessional. Pay and benefits are below average. Transits are always breaking down. No air conditioning in the transits. Co-workers are great. You do not get your breaks on time. Long hours and very stressful.
Pros
Working with co-workers
Cons
Low pay, stressful environment. I could go on and on too many to list.
A challenging place to work
Customer Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Lorton, VAJanuary 20, 2017
Overall a nice place to work, however be prepared to work several long hours. Must be a people person. The Management staff are great people to work with, however more upper echelon training need to be in place. The most enjoyable part of the job was dealing with the public. A very challenging place to work.
Pros
Meet new people all the time
Cons
Short staffed
Good place to start in Transportation
Lead Dispatcher/Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Sylmar, CA 91342August 12, 2016
My experience with MV has been worthwhile. I've been with MV since 2009 and it has been quite the experience. Like anything else in life, its had its ups and downs. But overall, I can say that I don't regret making MV my place for employment. I've learned alot along the way, and it has taught me that patience is a virtue. I am blessed to be apart of the MV workforce.
Pros
Excellent Benefits through the Teamsters Union 848.
Cons
The Operators are lazy! Not much room for growth or advancement.
Stressful Job
Driver/Operator (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PADecember 30, 2016
A typical day at work is very long, you must drive a minimum of 10 hours that entire day. When you arrive to work it's dark outside and when you get off it will be dark outside. If you have small children that you have to take care of this is not the right job for you. You get off of work when all of your rides are completed. I learned how to become a better driver at this company, given all the strict rules they have due to drive-cam. I rarely talk to management but when I do they always seem to have a attitude. My co workers seemed to be pretty ok. They hardest part of the job was trying to complete rides in a certain amount of time and not be late or else dispatch will suspend you out of service. The most enjoyable part of the job was that there were no strict supervisors watching over you and there was some free time to myself.
Pros
NO strict supervison
Cons
Drive-cam
Great job, scarce benefits
Bus Driver (Current Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIJanuary 17, 2017
If you love helping out your community this job is great. You work alone in your bus all day which is OK, no manager breathing down your neck. It's basically a pretty laid back job. There are really no great benefits though.
Pros
Job security and freedom
Cons
No good benefits
there;s no break in building you got breaks well driving
Driver (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAOctober 21, 2016
I had only worked for this company briefly the management were at times nice but most of the times were hard to get to speak with unless they felt one has done something wrong.
Pros
helping the edlerly and the disable
Cons
long hours with little pay
Very friendly co-workers
Transit Operator (Former Employee) –  Stockton, CANovember 29, 2016
I loved working here, the management was fair, I enjoyed working with the people beside me. The training was a breeze and they made everything accessible for everyone. Dispatchers were the first you'd see in the morning and at the end of your shift, they were extremely helpful during my time there at MV. I enjoyed most, helping others out in public, getting riders to their destinations with the least amount of delay as possible. I've learned, to be patient, and open my heart to other peoples stories in life!
Pros
Loads of food at saturday meetings
Cons
Was never given promised pay increase
not TOO bad
Day Shift Lead Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Stockton, CAJanuary 11, 2017
Decent place to work. I really liked my managers and supervisor. On the local level, not bad at all. On the corporate level, terrible. No insurance for a year and no raises
Great team of people who care about helping each other succeed
Commercial Driver (Current Employee) –  Roseville, CAJanuary 18, 2017
Typical day is pre-tripping and post-tripping of vehicle before driving communter route and fixed route.

I learned and/or reaffirmed the importance of passenger safety and customer service as well as team building to maintain group morale.

Management is very attentive to our training needs, doing a good job of simultaneously creating both a caring, family but always ways professional atmosphere.

I really enjoy my co-workers, I have learned a lot from my co-workers and they have been there for me when I needed assistance and vica-verca.

Hardest part of the job is sometimes not being able to satisfy all client requests and maintain company protocals at the same time. Sometimes customers ask from the company more than it is fiscally wise to accomodate.

The most enjoyable part of the job is interacting with the public, going the extra mile to be of assistance and thus bring a good reputation to my company.
Pros
Caring team spirit among workmates
Cons
Having only the one company health choice and very expensive and unaffordable.
job was excellent
PARATRANSIT DRIVER (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PADecember 15, 2016
job was excellent,great teamwork,great overtime,excellent benefits,offers job security a good job helping people in your community
Fast Pace Environment
Maintenance Clerk (Current Employee) –  Santa Clarita, CASeptember 1, 2016
Usually work is pretty steady, there are moments when things can get hectic due to some unexpected issues popping up. I learned better time managing skills and professionalism from working here. Management is friendly I personally do wish things were a bit more organized and clear at times. Everyone here is very friendly and helpful this is my first job where questions are welcomed by everyone. The hardest part of the job is when problems arise and new procedures are put out maintaining them can become irritating. The most enjoyable are the few gatherings MV holds for their employees as an appreciation for their hard work as well as the employees themselves everyone is very encouraging.
Pros
appreciation days
Cons
constant change for little things
Horrible do not work here gainesville fl
Driver (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, FLNovember 10, 2016
A TYPICAL DAY OF WORK - add on because scheduling and dispatch don't know what they are doing

WHAT I LEARNED - Never waste this much time at a dead end job that pays next to nothing

CO-WORKERS - CRABS IN A BUCKET

HARDEST PART OF THE JOB - BEING able to accept the fact you will be treated like and talked to like a piece of trash

THE MOST Enjoyable PART OF THE JOB - Watching the management make a fool of themselves

Dispatch crew have the worst attitudes talk to drivers over radio in front of clients like trash
Pros
NONE
Cons
lack of PAY and RESPECT
Wonderful place to work
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Peoria, ILAugust 28, 2016
A great group of peoples to work for. Management is fair and balanced. Management is always willing to listen and help out when needed. Great teamwork.
Pros
free uniforms and constant food availability
Cons
not enough parking, benefits are terrible
Very Unprofessional and Highly Unorganized
Driver (Former Employee) –  San BernardinoJanuary 17, 2017
Save yourself the headache and look elsewhere. There's far better Companies. This is one of the most unorganized companies I've ever dealt with. The right hand never knows what the left is doing with these people. Very unprofessional Management who screen calls when dealing with urgent issues and play favortism.
Pros
You'll have a Job
Cons
Incredibly high turnover rate.
enjoyed visiting with the KU students
Bus Driver (Former Employee) –  Lawrence, KSNovember 22, 2016
• Operating the bus over the prescribed route, and following the correct time schedule.
• Reporting any problems that may disrupt scheduled service. Providing information to passengers.
• Answering questions from passengers regarding route and time schedules.
• Writing reports on traffic accidents, bus incidents and any road damage.
Pros
benefits, team work
Cons
not enough hrs
very sweat shoppish
Dispatcher/Customer Service trainee (Former Employee) –  Beltsville, MDSeptember 1, 2016
the attitudes of the managers came off a bit aggressive. They were trying to use certain scare tactics to put fear into future employees and you didn't feel like you were apart of a team to grow you were treated as purely a worker my trainer was awesome though she did a great job teaching our class and really told us what to expect as well as encouraging us to do our best
Pros
benefits and pay
Cons
you are not treated as team members you are less than the superiors in the building
Make It Temporary
Driver (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 2, 2016
This place will provide you with a check but that is all. There is no opportunity to learn anything new. Some dispatchers are horrible communicators, some members of management are clueless. The whole time I was there positions were being juggled around. New person here, new person there. Rules change on a daily basis, some rules apply to this person but not the next person. It's basically a revolving door, people come and people go. It's to you how to deal with what you can deal with.
Pros
It's a check
Cons
Never know when your work day will end, too unorganized, messy, no room for advancing. NO support.
Highly stressful,, not supportive to its employees
former driver (Former Employee) –  niles il...chicago illAugust 3, 2016
Mv transportation Both Niles and Chicago location is the absolute worst company to work for. The Management is low end favoritism abounds.
Pros
Their are none, Management considers you a tool, They don't follow their own company rules, You get taken out of service regularly, For such petty things by pace the Contractor without proof of doing anything wrong, Not given a date as to when you will return
Cons
If you get hired their, know that the turnover rate is very high, They make promises they know they won't keep, Promises like 80 hrs a week, Once you sign on you barely get 65
Cameras in vehicles
driver (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAOctober 17, 2016
They critize your driving skills make you feel bad.instead of making their employees feel good all they do is repermand you. Job security only if you can drive under pressure the schedules are impossible to meet their expectations are ridiculious.
Pros
they give you pt and work you fulltime til your drained.
Cons
big brother watching you.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at MV Transportation. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9