MVM Employee Reviews in United States

Smooth job operation with everyday learning of new management styles due to a diverse work team but not without challenges
Senior Security Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Bethesda, MDSeptember 9, 2015
MVM is a company to work for with that provide excellent benefits and a solid management team. Nonetheless, there are mo potentials for growth from the current position, given my advancement in education (Masters of Science Degree)
Terrible place to work
Operations (Former Employee) –  Ashburn, VAMay 26, 2016
I worked at MVM for about a year and a half and it was the worst place I have ever worked. The work/life balance is non existent! I worked 3/4 weekends every month to catch up on all the work load that was given to me. Management did not care how many hours you put in because they didn't offer OT or early release. Upper management was impossible to work with. They constantly talked down to you and treated you as if you were nothing. Pay is not good. I recently got a new job, doing the same thing but for way more money. There is no job security. If you don't work all day every day you will get fired. If you speak your mind, you will get fired. All in all, just stay away!
a weird place to work
Armed Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Baltimore County, MDApril 9, 2016
they are not consent with your rules and like to change things to fit them . it a one sided place and not a fun place . its a p;ace where you have to be friends with the high ups to get the things you should get on a regular job . unprofessional.
good company to work for
Supervisor (Captain) for Vehicle Inspection (Former Employee) –  Vienna, VA 22182April 7, 2016
Work days are always very busy checking in visitors and inspecting vehicles daily. Co-workers are great to work with the site is a campus like setting.
Security and Custody Officer
Security and Custody Officer (Current Employee) –  Guantanamo BayApril 13, 2016
-Security and the welfare of Cuban migrant.
- Securing government property.
- accounting for personnel and equipment.
Nice place to work
Detention Officer (Former Employee) –  San Pedro, CAOctober 15, 2015
The job is a good start if you plan to find a job related to law enforcement. It was a very good learning experience for me. The management and co-workers were nice.
dream job i can be here foe ever if i can
Maintenance Technician (Current Employee) –  Logan, UTDecember 25, 2015
outstanding it is a lovely job that can be here for ever
I live on site and is really a good experience and I save money on fuel
Pros
i live on site
Cons
24 on call
Amazingly Horrible Management!
Analyst (Current Employee) –  Chantilly, VAJanuary 29, 2014
With the exception of one supervisor the management team has no training. Treating employees with degrading, demeaning verbiage, being rude, and disrespecting them is not uncommon. This is the CORPORATE CULTURE that is coming directly from the CEO. If you have another choice do not proceed with MVM Inc.
Pros
no pros
Cons
you can get fired anytime for any reason.
Security Member
Team Member (Former Employee) –  AshburnJune 14, 2015
Served as a training instructor and team member for the US Government Facilities, static security operations. Working the US Government security mission throughout the Iraq region. Duties included asset interceptions to include motorcade escorts, VIP movements, and pedestrian interceptions. Entry and Exit vehicle and personnel searches, surveillance operations using closed circuit television (CCTV). Advanced security preparations, walking movement protective formations, fixed site security, and Quick Reaction Force for all US Government Dignitaries and their employee.
MVM Summary
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  BethesdaAugust 18, 2015
See resume for explained procedure at MVM/NIH for a normal working day, which consists mainly of interaction with people of various background.

Want to know more about MVM?

Ask a question
hours based on contract.
linguist (Former Employee) –  houston, TxFebruary 6, 2013
Management is very bad. They dont tell employees in advance about lay off and will not let one know what is going on until one ask. There is no place for advancement.
Pros
exciting type of job
Cons
not flexible with hours and forget about asking for a day off or you will have a week off.
Serious training
Armed Federal Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Manchester, NHOctober 10, 2013
I had serious Homeland Security training and I learned alot. Alot of training on how the federal government works and operates.
Pros
serious homeland security training
Cons
not much room for advancement
patroling
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Silver Spring, MDFebruary 8, 2013
The management was caring and professional at all times. The most enjoyable part of the job is that I did not have any one telling me what to do meaning I patroled a parking lot where a supervisor checked in every few hours
Managed contract security guards for a judical center
Assistant Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Vienna, VAApril 25, 2013
provided unarmed guards to conduct access control into a court building. maintained lost and found property and property not allowed into building. maintained custody and issued access control key cards to authorized personnel
Pros
interacted with client well
Cons
there were no cons
Productive and easy going job
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  McLean, VAJuly 22, 2013
Sat at a desk at the front of high school for security in school checking students persons and book bags before entering the schools main hall way and signing all visitors in. The principal was great the hardest part was breaking up fights.
Pros
7:00am to 3:00pm work hours and off weekends
Cons
bad students and angry parents
great career job
DC Public Schools Armed Special Police Officer (Former Employee) –  Washington DCJanuary 30, 2014
I wish they did not give up contract I would still be with them!
Pros
professionals
Cons
felt like we where the black sheep (contract) to the company
Great people to work with and very VERY detailed oriented.
Spanish linguist -Title III (Current Employee) –  Ashburn, VAApril 25, 2012
had the best co--workers in all projects that I was sent to. Good work ethics and values. Very good company.
Good place to work for
Farsi Linguist (Former Employee) –  Chantilly , VANovember 6, 2013
Over all happy.
Good place to work for.
There is an opportunity for you to grow.
Friendly work environment.
Great Management
Protective Security Officer (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOApril 4, 2014
Great pay with good work hours. No employee continuing education plan. Co-worker are mainly prior military and law enforcement.