MVP Health Care Employee Reviews

Stressful boring job
Credentialing (Former Employee) –  Schenectady, NYNovember 28, 2017
Management does a good job making employees feel bad about themselves. They constantly point out what everyone is doing wrong to the point of making people cry. Do not work here.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Bad management
Good Place to Work
Medicaid Enrollment Specialist (Former Employee) –  Schenectady, NYNovember 17, 2017
MVP Health Care is a wonderful place to work. If I had the chance to go back, I absolutely would without hesitation. The work is stressful, but the people in charge know what they're doing and compensation is fair. They value people who are thorough and honest. The benefits are well worth their salt, as well.
Work only as a Contract Employee
Associate (Former Employee) –  Schenectady, NYNovember 10, 2017
The work I did at MVP Health Care was rewarding in that it was the first Contract I worked installing Computer hardware.I was treated with recpect and also was able to work with some amazing programers.
New Management in the Department
Associate Director of Quality and Claims Support (Former Employee) –  Schenectady, NYNovember 6, 2017
MVP was a fun and great place to work for approximately 17 years. However, after a few acquisitions with other healthcare payers, new management styles were introduced much too drastically. Significant changes in workforce, title changes and constantly rearranging of people and departments caused employee dissatisfaction in the area I worked. One department had a turnover of 60% and nothing was investigated. This was one reason I left the company, however the position at Conduent was also an increase in salary and that was what pushed me in that direction.
Pros
Good Compensation, Benefits and overall atmosphere
Cons
Undeserving individuals were given titles that they did not earn nor were adequately skilled for
Productive and Fast Paced
Analyst, Group Set Up (Current Employee) –  Schenectady, NYNovember 1, 2017
MVP is a high volume, fast paced work environment. Durring open enrollment which lasts from December to February we are sometimes working 50 hours per week to keep deadlines and goals. We all work as a team and my co workers are great to work with.
I have learned to find a balance between production and quality.
The management at MVP is hit or miss. My current supervisor is attentive and always finds time to work with us and hear our questions and concerns. She treats us with honesty and respect. I have also had supervisors who micromanage daily activities and that can cause a stressful environment.
Pros
Work from home
Cons
No opportunity for advancement
Beware!
Medicaid Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Tarrytown, NYOctober 31, 2017
The interview process for my position did not paint a clear picture of the actual job experience. It's a very fast pace and demanding environment. Their is training provided, the trainer is very knowledgeable of his job, he can be impatient, and he does not teach on a beginner's level. The minute he senses that you're having trouble or require repetition, you're identified as an individual who will not succeed in the training and in the actual job. After this, your supervisor meets with you and you're strongly encouraged to quit.

If you do manage to pass the training, you will notice how uncomfortable and strict the work environment actually is. To do the job your are literally sitting for 8.5 hours in front of two computer monitors, with a bunch of computer programs open. You're being monitored on our phone and on your computer. You're constantly being watched. You get two ten minute breaks and a lunch hour, and they are scheduled for you. This company is always hiring, but the catch is that they have a high TURNOVER!
Pros
Benefit package
Cons
Lack of support, very strict work environment, fast pace
productive fun place to work
Claims Examiner (Former Employee) –  Schenectady, NYOctober 18, 2017
working 8 hours or more a day in front of a computer, great co workers and management. job security, workplace culture was productive and positive, great benefits.
Pros
great health plan
Cons
lack of advancement
Cut throat and mean
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Schenectady, NYSeptember 30, 2017
Let go after 19 years. Gave Me a bad review, when I countered, they found way to get rid of me. I still feel manager and VP had a vandetta against anyone who challenged them. Awful place my last year there!
Benefits
Unproductive
Administrative Support (Current Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 25, 2017
Great place to work if you know how to deal with a tyrant manager. There is very few room for growth and not a lot of benefits. They barely offer any perks.
MVP review
Sr. Lead Portfolio Analyst (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYSeptember 22, 2017
The leadership changes plans for delivery too often and don't fully think through the impact of change to the organization or how they plan to implement the change.
Beyond poor management
Credentialing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Schenectady, NYSeptember 15, 2017
Management focuses on the bad while overwhelming employees with work. HR and Directors are combative and not there for employees...they work for MVP!!
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Everything else!
MVP Health Care, Inc.
Process Mgr; Printing and Vendor (Former Employee) –  Schenectady, NYSeptember 13, 2017
Management does not have employees back when difficulties arise; Senior Mgmt does not have a handle on the real issues that keep this company stuck, basically the IT department that has never been up to the task of managing this type or size company.
Pros
Work from home when necessary
Cons
Deaf management. No limit to the number of hours you need to work to get your tasks accomplished.
nice coworkers/managers
Member Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Schenectady, NYSeptember 13, 2017
I worked there 11 years ago Im sure things have changed . I am not able to give current information or current practices or hours of operation. My review would be irrelevant
Pros
nice location
Cons
unflexible hours
Health insurance company that cates about their customers as well as their employees.
Appeals & Grievance Specialist (Current Employee) –  Schenectady, NYAugust 31, 2017
Excellent company to work for. A company who cares about their employees, members and community. They are highly innovative. Managemt works with the staff and our positive. Most employees have worked at the company for many years.
Pros
Benefits, discounts, healthy work enviornment
Cons
Room for growth
Care About customers and staff
Outreach Representative (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYAugust 6, 2017
Great opportunity, gave me a chance to work and made sure I was trained properly and given room to make mistakes, grow and learn from mistakes. Some staff was the problem but management was great.
Pros
Travel and training
Cons
Healthcare
Customer care rep
Customer Care Representative (Current Employee) –  Tarrytown, NYJuly 26, 2017
Mvp is a great company to work for, I work in a call center and I was looking to do something different.
Do not really like the call center setting. Would like to go into the airline industry.
This is a very friendly company.
I would recommend the company.
fun place to work
Call Center Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYJune 26, 2017
take customer calls and log them into your computer. Learn about all the newest health care changes and help with the open enrollment period. over all the job is pretty simple.
Pros
good pay
No training, Unfriendly,
Finance (Former Employee) –  Schenectady, NYJune 22, 2017
They are all too busy to train new people they don't know how to train in the finance dept. No one is social and they require everyone to take breaks the same time? If your on a call and miss your break, oh well. They say this is to track what your doing and not leaving your desk to much.
Pros
location
Cons
no training, no communication, unfriendly
awful place to work.....quota quota quota, with no REAL training.
Claims Processor (Former Employee) –  Tarrytown, NYJune 1, 2017
This company hires temps, luring them with temp to perm....beware, the training is a joke....if they don't like you they say "your not catching on." this is after two days of training. The trainer was very distracted during the so called training, constantly giving her nasty opinions on everything from politics to the zoo.....very unprofessional... When we were training with the "real" workers, they said it was like slavery there. You need to meet their quotas, no if ands or but, with little to no training.....stay away from this company.....
Pros
Convenient location
Cons
EVERYTHING....stay away
Difficult Work Environment
Provider Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYMay 31, 2017
The inbound call center is insanely fast paced, to the point of burnout for many people. The pressure is intense and certain metrics can not be satisfied.