MVP Health Care Employee Reviews

productive fun place to work
Claims Examiner (Former Employee) –  Schenectady, NYOctober 18, 2017
working 8 hours or more a day in front of a computer, great co workers and management. job security, workplace culture was productive and positive, great benefits.
Pros
great health plan
Cons
lack of advancement
Cut throat and mean
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Schenectady, NYSeptember 30, 2017
Let go after 19 years. Gave Me a bad review, when I countered, they found way to get rid of me. I still feel manager and VP had a vandetta against anyone who challenged them. Awful place my last year there!
Benefits
Unproductive
Administrative Support (Current Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 25, 2017
Great place to work if you know how to deal with a tyrant manager. There is very few room for growth and not a lot of benefits. They barely offer any perks.
MVP review
Sr. Lead Portfolio Analyst (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYSeptember 22, 2017
The leadership changes plans for delivery too often and don't fully think through the impact of change to the organization or how they plan to implement the change.
Beyond poor management
Credentialing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Schenectady, NYSeptember 15, 2017
Management focuses on the bad while overwhelming employees with work. HR and Directors are combative and not there for employees...they work for MVP!!
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Everything else!
MVP Health Care, Inc.
Process Mgr; Printing and Vendor (Former Employee) –  Schenectady, NYSeptember 13, 2017
Management does not have employees back when difficulties arise; Senior Mgmt does not have a handle on the real issues that keep this company stuck, basically the IT department that has never been up to the task of managing this type or size company.
Pros
Work from home when necessary
Cons
Deaf management. No limit to the number of hours you need to work to get your tasks accomplished.
nice coworkers/managers
Member Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Schenectady, NYSeptember 13, 2017
I worked there 11 years ago Im sure things have changed . I am not able to give current information or current practices or hours of operation. My review would be irrelevant
Pros
nice location
Cons
unflexible hours
Health insurance company that cates about their customers as well as their employees.
Appeals & Grievance Specialist (Current Employee) –  Schenectady, NYAugust 31, 2017
Excellent company to work for. A company who cares about their employees, members and community. They are highly innovative. Managemt works with the staff and our positive. Most employees have worked at the company for many years.
Pros
Benefits, discounts, healthy work enviornment
Cons
Room for growth
Care About customers and staff
Outreach Representative (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYAugust 6, 2017
Great opportunity, gave me a chance to work and made sure I was trained properly and given room to make mistakes, grow and learn from mistakes. Some staff was the problem but management was great.
Pros
Travel and training
Cons
Healthcare
Customer care rep
Customer Care Representative (Current Employee) –  Tarrytown, NYJuly 26, 2017
Mvp is a great company to work for, I work in a call center and I was looking to do something different.
Do not really like the call center setting. Would like to go into the airline industry.
This is a very friendly company.
I would recommend the company.
fun place to work
Call Center Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYJune 26, 2017
take customer calls and log them into your computer. Learn about all the newest health care changes and help with the open enrollment period. over all the job is pretty simple.
Pros
good pay
No training, Unfriendly,
Finance (Former Employee) –  Schenectady, NYJune 22, 2017
They are all too busy to train new people they don't know how to train in the finance dept. No one is social and they require everyone to take breaks the same time? If your on a call and miss your break, oh well. They say this is to track what your doing and not leaving your desk to much.
Pros
location
Cons
no training, no communication, unfriendly
awful place to work.....quota quota quota, with no REAL training.
Claims Processor (Former Employee) –  Tarrytown, NYJune 1, 2017
This company hires temps, luring them with temp to perm....beware, the training is a joke....if they don't like you they say "your not catching on." this is after two days of training. The trainer was very distracted during the so called training, constantly giving her nasty opinions on everything from politics to the zoo.....very unprofessional... When we were training with the "real" workers, they said it was like slavery there. You need to meet their quotas, no if ands or but, with little to no training.....stay away from this company.....
Pros
Convenient location
Cons
EVERYTHING....stay away
Difficult Work Environment
Provider Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYMay 31, 2017
The inbound call center is insanely fast paced, to the point of burnout for many people. The pressure is intense and certain metrics can not be satisfied.
four stars
Claims Examiner (Current Employee) –  Schenectady, NYMay 27, 2017
process claims for large groups, process member submitted and foreign claims. Work independently and as part of a team. Process reports for enrolled and dis-enrolled.
n/a
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYMay 4, 2017
Currently employed at the University of Rochester. I've been working there for 4 years within 2 different departments. I've learned a lot within the healthcare since I've been there.
Great Company
Corporate Vice President of Operations (Former Employee) –  Schenectady, NYMay 3, 2017
MVP is a fantastic and challenging place to work. The management team when I was there was nothing short of spectacular. The staff equally so. It is a fast paced environment that will actually drive you to perform at the highest level.
Pros
Good team environment
Cons
Pace can be daunting
Solid company.
Vice President (Former Employee) –  Schenectady, NYApril 13, 2017
Outstanding place to work with good leadership and a focused strategy. Leaders are competent, engaged and positive. Company did a good job of ensuring work/life balance. Senior leadership disconnected from day to day operations of company.
Pros
Great middle management.
Cons
Internal class structure with Senior Leadership.
Continual growing company
Clinical Reporting Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYApril 6, 2017
Large company, continues to expand. Provides commercial, Medicaid and Medicare lines of business. Large focus on Medicaid population and preventative health care as well as health and wellness for members and employees.
Pros
free parking, no nights, weekends or holidays. On site gym and wellness center.
Cons
restructuring due to market changes and continued growth.
Overall ok place to work
Talent Acquisition Specialist (Former Employee) –  Satellite Beach, FLMarch 24, 2017
I enjoyed my job at MVP Healthcare. I am not sure what the environment is currently as there has been much change since my time with the company due to changes overall in the Healthcare Industry.