MVP Health Care Employee Reviews

work life
Outreach Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Tarrytown, NYJanuary 8, 2017
Working here, you would just do the same tasks everyday. There wasn't much room for advancement, but I appreciated the experience
Pros
pay
Cons
location
Good Experience
Bilingual Customer Care Representative (Former Employee) –  Tarrytown, NYDecember 10, 2016
Worked in busy call center. Typical high volume call center environment. Not much opportunity to advance especially if you speak a second language. Management likes to keep you there due to high need. Micro-managed environment. Good learning experience. Lucky if you can move to other position, otherwise you just stay where you are. Learn what you can and if you need to move on, go.
Pros
Knowledge of Health Care Industry
Cons
Micro Managed Environment
Great work place
Customer service representative (Current Employee) –  Tarrytown, NYSeptember 21, 2016
Many of out coworkers have been working together for many years and have built a great place to work. I have learned a lot about helping people get health insurance and assist them in getting health insurance. Management is great with providing leadership to there employees
No day at the beach
Senior Service Desk Analyst (Current Employee) –  Tarrytown, NYSeptember 20, 2016
You come in do your work and are given minimum training. Management is all about the numbers, your coworkers will stab you in the back in a heart beat in order to look good. Hardest part of the job is not being able to help people the way you should.
Pros
Have a job
Cons
No training
Silo of Information
Integrated Care Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Tarrytown, NYJune 26, 2016
Management is very territorial. Not only from my departmental experience but from first hand interactions with multiple departments. Management seems insecure with their standings and withholds information from other employees and prevents collaboration. This attitude trickles down to the employees as well. Satellite offices are isolated and treated as 'underlings' to main office. Imbalance of power between management and employees during conflict resolution. Company is often blind to cancerous workers due to overall unorganized, over worked employees. You may work for an insurance company, but the coverage is awful.
Pros
gym, free workout classes, volunteer day PTO
Cons
hours, management, benefits, bonuses, review, workload
Ok
Customer Service Representative and healthcare (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, LAJune 24, 2016
Was a ok job but they didn't pay the workers. I was there for a few years and they were giving every new person more hourly pay then me
Stability
Quality Control Coordinator/Trainer (Former Employee) –  Schenectady, NYOctober 20, 2015
Excellent working environment, hands on management, great opportunity for advancement. I really felt like part of a winning team
great place
Quality Analyst (Former Employee) –  Tarrytown, NYAugust 26, 2015
this is where i learned team work, i was new , everyone helped me out. i learned alot from this job, mangment and co worker treated everyone as family. the hardest part was to be ontime with deliverables in a tight timeline, but overall i miss that place
Pros
everything was positive
Cons
no cons
Professional and down to earth employees
Quality Improvement Assistant for HEDIS Scanner (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYJuly 21, 2015
On a typical day I would get my work from clinical review nurses and scan them into the database for the HEDIS 2015 program and for auditors to analyze these reviews from the providers of continual visits of the patients health. Filing of these reviews after all scanned into the database.

My co-workers were excellent teachers, fun, professionals and great to bond with them in all the work that we did together as a team.

There isn't anything that was hard about this position and the enjoyable part was to be on a great team and provide a different way to make all our jobs effective in a faster mode.
Pros
Recognition of all our hard work with free lunches.
Lots of overtime
Employer Account Service (Former Employee) –  Schenectady, NYJune 1, 2015
Great people. Would go back to work for them anytime. I would of stayed longer but got hired with another company permanent and higher pay.
Pros
Free coffee and when you do OT on Saturdays the boss usually bought breakfast.
Cons
Low pay
Productive fun work place
Mktg.Rep Facilitated enroller (Former Employee) –  East Fishkill, NYApril 14, 2015
Started at MVP in Marketing Department as Government Programs Facilitated Enroller, for Child Health Plus And Family Health Plus.
Collected necessary information to verify prospective member eligibility.Educated members how to use health plan, attended health fairs. Visited Department of Special Services for prospective members.
Got along well with Co workers
Enjoyed Employee day retreat
The hardest part of the job was getting prospective members to
gather the necessary papers to help them to qualify for the health plan.
overall i enjoyed the job.
Lost Customer Service Vision
Member Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Schenectady, NYNovember 12, 2014
Lost Customer Service Vision. More interested in obtaining members
then providing excellent customer service by resolving and address issues and problem effecting them.
Company will destroy your self esteem
Former employee (Former Employee) –  SchenectadyOctober 22, 2014
MVP was the place to be employed perhaps 15 years ago however dedication to this company means absolutely nothing. They will chew you up and spit you out. MVP is sinking. How many additional layoffs will occur before the end? Do yourselves a favor, update your resume and begin networking before you are laid off. Unemployment is not enough to support anyone.
Pros
Met beautiful people
Cons
Upper management is horrific
I was more than an employee....
Clerical/ Call (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYAugust 18, 2014
They cared a lot about their "employees" if anything we were more like family. Anytime I needed help or wanted to learn more about the other departments they gave us that freedom to do so.
Pros
activites, goals for better health
Cons
not enough work
Good Work/Life Balance, Constant Fear of Layoffs
Analyst (Current Employee) –  Schenectady, NYJuly 7, 2014
Company looking to 'lean' operating expenses results in constant, unannounced layoffs. There is an extreme lack of transparency from Senior Leadership in terms of long term goals and 'ideal' company size.

Work/Life balance is adequate, but compensation and advancement opportunities are very poor.
Pros
Flexible work schedule
Cons
Frequent Layoffs, Low Salary, Lack of Vertical Advancement Opportunities
Unreliable
Senior Prospective Review Nurse (Former Employee) –  Schenectady, NYMay 27, 2014
Due to rapidly decreasing membership, MVP has become a very unstable work environment. Which has a negative effect of the morale and spirit of the company.
IT Applications Manager (Former Employee) –  Schenectady, NYApril 20, 2014
Great team atmosphere and willing to train employees to complete their job responsibilities. Management is supportive in day to day activities. The hardest part of the job is the demand and constant change of priorities. The most enjoyable part of the job is the co-workers and the care for the company that everyone has.
Great place to work. Enjoyed the work as well as interaction with my coworkers.
Account Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Manchester, NHApril 9, 2014
A typical day would involve resolving any issues that the HBA of an individual group may be having, for example, if a claim wasn't paid and it was a preventive service and should have been covered. Using MVP's internal Member Service website, I would forward the claim for review and keep the HBA informed as to progress.
My day would also include preparing Renewal Rate requests for individual large groups and forwarding these to the Underwriting department. I enjoyed interacting with clients and also my coworkers. I appreciate a sense of humor and my office had a great group of people. I learned a lot from my Manager-she has been in the insurance industry for over 20 years and helped me to gain confidence when speaking or emailing a client.
The hardest part of the job, honestly, didn't happen very often. Twice a year we had to travel to a distant location, usually about a 3-5 hour drive, for a company meeting.
I enjoyed working at MVP. I enjoyed the camaraderie in the office and I really appreciated the positive feedback I received from those clients that I helped.
Pros
My manager and coworkers
Cons
Long trips to the annual and semi-annual meetings
HR Assistant - Training (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYMarch 24, 2014
Coworkers are like family. Management needs skills on handling day to day operations and communications.
Pros
Fitness center, free coffee, tea, filtered water
Cons
management in their own world
job insecurity- low employee morale
current employee (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYFebruary 10, 2014
As with most companies today, this one continues to hire, but at the same time they are laying off valuable employees. Emplyees with over 10+ years with the company with a vast amount of knowledge are being let go due to down sizing they say. This is definitely effecting the morale since they claim it's for down sizing, but hire new people for the similar positions right after letting the seasoned worker go. Hmmm... sounds like another company trying to save the almighty dollar by letting go of seasoned employees and hiring for less.

Very poor management on all levels and way to many managers in most departments. They have managers for the managers. Ridiculous.
benefits
Cons
management and job insecurity

Ask a question about working or interviewing at MVP Health Care. Our community is ready to answer.

2.5