MWH Employee Reviews

Great Job
Field Inspector (Former Employee) –  Pueblo, CONovember 21, 2017
Unfortunately, the project I was on came to completion (5 years) and to stay with the company I would have to relocate. To relocate at the time was difficult.
Pros
Great Job with many challenges
Cons
Many hours from time to time
Interacting with workers at the water treatment plant making sure they abise by OSHA regulations.
Field Safety Inspector (Former Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLOctober 23, 2017
Performed safety audits making sure workers are following the OSHA regulations. I corrected workers who were unsafe at the project and reported it to their supervisor. I held monthly safety meetings to go over areas where the contactors need to be safer each month. I orientated new contractors on the project with the rules to be safe on a daily basis. I investigated and reported any incidences that happened on the project and filed in a folder to keep on record for OSHA.
Pros
Promoteing safety to workers on the site.
Cons
A very difficult boss to deal with daily.
Busy environment with tough deadlines
Anonymous (Former Employee) –  South Jordan, UTSeptember 18, 2017
The environment at MWH was quite stressful and competitive. Mangers don't really care how good you have done, just want to focus on the negative in the employee review process, which was an unfortunate, and morale busting problem.
Pros
Nice coworkers
Cons
Middle management needs to be more objective in the review process
Muy buena empresa
Rig Welder (Former Employee) –  ColoradoJuly 26, 2017
Es una empresa muy buena y también obtuve muy buena experiencia, con personas de mi mismo trabajo, yo la recomiendo MHW.
This company has been purchased by Stantec
Project Administrator (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, CAJuly 12, 2017
A good place to work, great place for an internship. Management was supportive to every staff member. Many of the engineers are introverts and if you're okay with that, the people are great.
Pros
Supportive
Great place to work.
Civil Inspector senior (Current Employee) –  Smithland, KYJune 29, 2017
Ive always felt that the company(MWH) cares about their employees by giving yearly increases, and bonuses for hard work...............................
Pros
Good place, good people
Cons
Company bought out by larger company, we'll see.
Relaxed environment also provided a good challenge
Contracts and Procurement Assistant (Former Employee) –  Broomfield, COApril 26, 2017
MWH was a strong employer that equipped you with the tools needed to complete a job. Their teams were supportive and the position was diverse and challenging.
Pros
Gave room to grow and offered training
Cons
changed directions often which was discouraging at times
Great company to work at
Summer Intern, Pasadena, LA, USA (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, CAFebruary 25, 2017
The staff in the office is extremely talented and have extensive experience in the field of wastewater treatment. The amount of exposure one gets on the various projects that the office is currently working on is astounding. The best part of the job is the interaction with clients and the staff members that one enjoys while working.
Comfortable job
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Laplace, LAFebruary 15, 2017
More like family then co workers. I had access to a company truck. Christmas bonus very well a good job. Treated me with a lot of love
terrible management and dishonest superiors
Dozer Operator (Former Employee) –  Frisco, TXJanuary 27, 2017
I worked here for one month the pay was good but the superintendent and/or his lead operator where intoxicated a few times on the Job they encourage in there safety program for people to write down unsafe things they see on what they call improvement cards. I filled out every unsafe incident I seen and noted times places and I showed they safety guy who then had to notify the supervisor and he then called me a liar an fired me. I called Osha an they investigated but when they called mwh there response to Osha was they fired me for insubordination. These people are liars, dishonest, and clearly unsafe . STAY AWAY AND SAVE YOURSELF THE TROUBLE!!
Pros
great pay an insurance
Cons
they limit your hours
Good company overall
Pipe Helper (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJanuary 17, 2017
Good company overall but company advancement needs some work. It seems impossible to get ahead in the field. This is not pertaining to me but I have seen some others that are eligible for further advancement but only get left behind for others who are nowhere near the required experience for the position
Good Place to grow professionally
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 3, 2017
It's a good place to grow. Company assigns mentors. Good place to make connections and new professionals. It feels like a family, however there is no sincerity with respect to job security. Upper Management are not taking good financial decisions.
Pros
Challenging Projects
Cons
No job security
Have very good employees
Manager of Estimating (Former Employee) –  Broomfield, CONovember 25, 2016
Very good co-workers and all worked as a team. Management would always keep us informed about how the company was doing. Each day was fun and wanted to come to work.
Pros
Will stand by you
Cons
Need to hire college grads
Productive and Thorough work environment
Construction Administrator-Project Inspector (Current Employee) –  New Orleans, LAJuly 7, 2016
Professional and exciting work environment! Recommend this company for all career levels. This company does not disappoint.
active work place
District Safety Manager - MWH Constructors (Current Employee) –  dallas, texasJune 22, 2016
good overall atmosphere friendly work environment allot of good people and great leadership. Its a little hard adjusting at first but once you work here for a while is all good.
slow career growth and compensation
professional engineer (Former Employee) –  United StatesDecember 14, 2015
Exposure to world renowned projects, but career growth and compensation is very slow for the bottom level. Company wants top talent but does not want to pay for it. Promotional raises are the equivalent of a standard annual review raise.
Pros
projects
Cons
slow career growth, compensation
Razor thin business margins, no strategic vision
Major Campaign Manager (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORSeptember 27, 2015
Razor thin business margins, no strategic vision and investment in future direction of company. Business limited to a handful of clients.
Current Employer
Senior Inspector, Various Projects (Current Employee) –  Lake Elsinore, CASeptember 9, 2015
Enjoyable work place and co-workers. Hardest part of the job was when projects are slow. I am used to working multiple jobs at once.
Able to work with littel oversight
Senior Electrical Inspector (Former Employee) –  Modesto, Cal,August 17, 2015
Enjoyed working with my co-workers, and worked well as a team.
Hardest part is when the job comes to a close. The days went by quickly. The most enjoyable part of the job was seeing it completed.
Cons
None, No kidding
Land permitting and environmental compliance
Permitting and Compliance Specialist (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COJuly 22, 2015
Since this position was a contract the company was required to comply with evaluations of their client. MWH was cooperative with client when a personality conflict arose between client employees and MWH employee. Not at all helpful to work towards resolution of issue.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at MWH. Our community is ready to answer.