MWH Employee Reviews

Razor thin business margins, no strategic vision
Major Campaign Manager (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORSeptember 27, 2015
Razor thin business margins, no strategic vision and investment in future direction of company. Business limited to a handful of clients.
Current Employer
Senior Inspector, Various Projects (Current Employee) –  Lake Elsinore, CASeptember 9, 2015
Enjoyable work place and co-workers. Hardest part of the job was when projects are slow. I am used to working multiple jobs at once.
Able to work with littel oversight
Senior Electrical Inspector (Former Employee) –  Modesto, Cal,August 17, 2015
Enjoyed working with my co-workers, and worked well as a team.
Hardest part is when the job comes to a close. The days went by quickly. The most enjoyable part of the job was seeing it completed.
Cons
None, No kidding
Land permitting and environmental compliance
Permitting and Compliance Specialist (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COJuly 22, 2015
Since this position was a contract the company was required to comply with evaluations of their client. MWH was cooperative with client when a personality conflict arose between client employees and MWH employee. Not at all helpful to work towards resolution of issue.
Not a good place to work
Project Accountant II (Current Employee) –  Denver, COJune 1, 2015
Boys club with not a lot of room to move around. Company only cares about bottom line and people who directly work with clients.
lack of vision
accounting (Former Employee) –  Broomfield, COJune 1, 2015
Company would re-organize every couple of years. Management did not share a clear view of the future. Not very innovative.
Productive Work Environment
Civil Engineer/Document Control Manager (Former Employee) –  West Bank, IsraelMay 26, 2015
I had a great work experience at MWH where I used my knowledge as an Engineer and applied it to Projects. Great team efforts and it was enjoyable experience...
Pros
Teamwork Environment
Cons
Deadlines are stressfull
Fast paced environment
Office Engineer (Current Employee) –  denverFebruary 10, 2015
Overall a good company. There is a lack of management at times and the older folks don't give the new folks to rise. You need to know the right people to move up.
Professional; Outstanding Work Environment
Engineering Intern - MWH Constructors (Former Employee) –  Cape Coral, FLJanuary 30, 2015
One of the most influential and meaningful job experiences of my life. My colleagues were competent professionals, always seeking to complete projects to their fullest capabilities.
Global Company with focus on water treatment
Director Global Ethics and Compliance (Former Employee) –  Broomfield, CODecember 16, 2014
Interesting company with good employees and international diversity.
I would rate MWH a 5 star company to work for, I miss the work as well as the other employees.
reprographic/customers service (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 19, 2014
In the document service department at MWH, it was a fast paced work environment that I enjoyed working in. I enjoyed the day to day interaction with the clients. What I learned most from MWH was that not only providing quality work was important, but having and displaying excellent customer service skills are a must and the backbone to a successful company.
What I learned
Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Broomfield, COJuly 11, 2014
I got an opportunity to learn quite a bit about Compliance. I also got experience Recruiting Engineers which was very interesting.
Very nice people, and always something to do.
Intern (Former Employee) –  Broomfield, COJune 20, 2014
A typical day at MWH for me was walking around the entire building asking my co-workers if they need any help weather it be scanning, copying, or filing. I learned to be more open to responsibility and meeting new people. The people I worked with were fantastic! I could ask questions without the fear of looking silly. Everyone could be fun when they wanted to be but they are also very dedicated to their job. The hardest part of the job was trying to juggle all the tasks I was given in one day, but throughout the day I could get it done. The most enjoyable part of my job was being able not only to talk with my co-workers but being able to connect with them. Also being able to have a regular conversation not always being about work, but sports, news and media, at appropriate times, of course.
Respectable Company
Safety Manager (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZ and Pueblo, COMay 30, 2014
Strong safety culture. A typical day was composed of interaction with the subcontractors, safety walks and reports, toolbox talks, various other safety related paperwork.
Pros
no micro-management
Cons
extremely political
New construction was a great learning experience.
Project Inspector Mechanical (Former Employee) –  Hawesville, KYNovember 16, 2013
Great Company but after I fulfilled my contract I returned home for required surgery.
benefits
Okay work/life balance, good people to work with, once a year layoffs
Proposal Manager / Marketing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Broomfield, CONovember 13, 2013
Worked your solid 8, sometimes had to work more than 40hrs a week, great people, but always layoff people once a year after reorg. Some engineers are overworked, meaning that they charge their 40hrs to a project then have to work on business pursuits after.
Pros
decent culture, decent work/life balance
Cons
micro management, constant reorganization which always led to layoffs
MWH
Senior Inspector QA/QC (Former Employee) –  Denver, COAugust 1, 2013
Best company to work for wages. people etc.The Management is excellent, the pay and benefits are in range
Pros
everthing
Global engineering company, wet infrastructure
Global Tax Director (Current Employee) –  Broomfield, COJuly 15, 2013
A complicated small company, offices in 40 countries, extensive ASC 740 requirements. Little work/life balance.
Great work, when you can get it.
Engineer (Current Employee) –  west coastMay 20, 2013
MWH does great work and is big enough to land some fun projects. It is consulting though, and in slow times it can be difficult to find a place on good projects, especially in smaller markets.
The company has a major reorganization every 2 years, so it is difficult to stick with a department or manager long enough to get a hold
Great employee owned company
Principal Engineer (Former Employee) –  USA, OverseasMay 2, 2013
I worked for MWH for over 26 years till my retirement. Employees are treated as members of larger family and everybody. MWH has very strong culture where client's best interests are always being served.
Pros
management support in all possible way