My Fit Foods Employee Reviews in United States

Too many hours for not enough pay
Licensed Dietitian (LD) - Texas (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 18, 2016
Commission based salary that is based on whether clients pick up their food. Which means during slow season (i.e. holidays) you get no commission even though it's not your fault.
Assistant Kitchen Manager (Former Employee) –  Costa Mesa, CAJanuary 13, 2016
All days are different. I've learned how to cook, manage, operate scheduling, hiring, promotions, working in a fast paced environment, and being a team leader. Management has changed so much within the past year, it kind of complicated the culture. The co-workers are okay, depending on the individual. I think the hardest part of the job was dealing with the overall tolerance of the kitchen. So many young minds, it became a battle at times. I enjoyed the stability of the job the most.
Cold and dreary
Prep Cook (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZMay 29, 2015
My time at mff was not a good experience. Very unorganized, no management structure at all, no room for advancement, no compensation or even recognition for labor. No reviews-so no raises. Really a bad company as far as I'm concerned. I would n
NOT recommend this place to any one.

Side note: Food sucks. I don't know who comes up with the bland recipes full off pepper and three different kinds of garlic but that food is pure horror. Period. Overpriced. You can make a better eating choice at the salad bar in whole foods!!!
Pros
None.
Cons
Cold, and unorganized.
This is the worst job I have ever had and I'm sure they won't survive without change
Kitchen Manager and Chef (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXNovember 9, 2014
I believed in this concept so much when I started here. I thought that I would meet people with like minds and ambitions, which, sadly, was not the case.

The team I managed was amazing- very good people. The upper management team is a joke. Nepotism is a very common concept here as the owner chooses to hire his friends and ex-girlfriends. They cuss and scream at staff and don't understand their customers.

You are expected to work 6 days a week and if you need time off or request a legal lunch break, you will be denied.

The food used to be healthy food- now it is processed and completely unhealthy.

I'm not a bitter ex-employee, the truth is that all of the people I worked with previously have been let go in the past year as this company is struggling. I would never recommend anyone take a position at this company.
Pros
i think they finally got benefits
Cons
atmosphere, management, ownership, work/life balance
pretty easy hand on
Expo (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXJuly 8, 2016
Pretty easy hands on job keeping the food together and placing them in a box to get shipped off to a store, layer back easy to get along with ppl at the job was a temp not a temp to hire.
Pros
wearhouse was in the Ac
Cons
short breaks, could be super cold at times
Food Preparation
Food Prep (Current Employee) –  Costa Mesa, CAJuly 9, 2016
I enjoyed working with a great progressive team, and especially the staff. I learned a lot working here about the food industry.
Pros
Breaks
Cons
Some team members slacked
Fun and exciting kitchen with growing oppertunities.
Corporate Kitchen Chef (Current Employee) –  Costa Mesa, CAMarch 6, 2016
Being apart of several self motivated individuals on a mission to loose weight by eating the food we provide to them. Ive learned multiple salubrious recipes that I have turn into delicious meals.
Management Employee for over 3 years
General Manager (Former Employee) –  DallasOctober 21, 2015
Overall, My Fit Foods has been on a decline for the past 5 years. Several great employees have left the company because Eat Fit. Live Fit is no longer what the company is about. The meals have gone down hill in order to save a buck. Supplements are no longer the high quality they where before. There are several companies similar to My Fit Foods and they are improving the concept of healthy fast food.

As an entry level sales associate, the job itself is great! If you're into living the healthy life style then this job is perfect. You get to help people loose weigh!. Make no mistake though, this is a sale position. So if you're not booking consults, or selling supplements your hours will be cut. Just know that during the slower part of the year your hours will also be cut due to the fact that October-December no one wants to eat healthy (health and fitness industry).

My Fit Foods just isn't what it use to be unfortunately.
not very good work environment
KITCHEN MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Houston TXFebruary 17, 2015
there is a very high turn over rate and inconsistencies within the company. there was room for advancement but there is no employee reviews done for any raises to be given. There is also no incentives for employees causing them to be unmotivated and dread working there.
Pros
free food
Cons
short breaks and bad environment
My most hated employer
Front of house (Current Employee) –  HoustonAugust 28, 2015
This workplace is entirely terrible, I'm Muslim, and I've been working with the company for a year with a beard and i was hired with one, since there is a new policy they are forcing me to cut my beard regardless of my religion, also, the management is terrible, they expect you to do so much but fail to do so themselves. This is a very terrible company and if i had to choose, i would never work for this company. I've watched this company go from a pretty decent company free, to a walmart enslaved kind of company, the max hours youll receive is 18hrs especially if you are new to the company. The policy changes every 3 months.
Pros
Slow paced company
Cons
Management, hours, and the lack of communication with corporate and human resources.
Great place to work Learning and Advancment are key in this company
Food Production Leader (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 27, 2012
My Fit Foods loves peaple that are ready to hlep people achive healthy goals eat right and be physically active. There is plenty of room to grow and advance in the company if your willing to work for it. The only down side is its kinda drama filled like high school sometimes and slackers can put more work load on those who actually work
Pros
free meals, 50% of merchandise health benefits, vision, dental and paid vacation time
Cons
drama, long hours, short hours
My Fit Foods
Sales/Marketing (Current Employee) –  Sherman Oaks, CAMarch 17, 2014
A Typical Day At My Fit Foods. This Company's concept is based on helping people live a healthy lifestyle. What My Fit Foods offer is healthy pre-made meals for any ones convenience. This Includes any meal of the day Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, and Snacks. What i do working front of the house would be to explain to people the concept and the health benefits and nutrition facts of the food. Usually driving people that want help maintaing health goals to get on a program My Fit Foods offers for people to lose weight, maintain body mass, gain muscle, etc. Sales is a big part of my job because of course we want to get people to buy food and do our program but also building relationships with clients is very much important also. I also do any street marketing by going around to gyms or businesses to inform them about the concept of my fit foods.

Key Holder: Me being a key holder as well i open and close the store, close down registers, send off emails at the end of the night to corporate. Also entering information into excel through out the day.
Pros
building relationships, healthy food to eat, helping people reach goals
Cons
pay
Initial impressions sealed the deal
Nutritional Consultant (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 6, 2012
My initial experience with this company made me a believer and I "bought in". My management team was hard to beat and I enjoyed every minute.
Pros
food and merchandise discount, leadership training and experience, benefits and the opportunity to advance quickly.
Cons
a possible con is you may have to work a long night here or there.
productive fast pace work
Prep Cook/Labeler (Former Employee) –  conroe texasOctober 21, 2015
work was fast pace, employees got along well. Managment was fair. Breaks were short, hours were scarce. I did like the fact that managment and the employees worked well together, and that Managment was pretty understanding to their employees individual situations.
Cons
short breaks
Very unprofessional
Nutrition Coach (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 1, 2015
Unfortanetly, this company is unprofessional. There are people associated within corporate and management that are not knowledgable of the field and/or profession. There are district managers who have no health, food service or, wellness experience comparing weight loss management to selling JEANS! They only cared about pushing sales to individuals without and care or consideration. At the end of the day, the company is poorly management from the store level all the way of to the corporate retail management. But on the bright side if you know someone that knows someone you can advance without the proper credentials, education, or experience.
Productive and free spirit
Portioner (Former Employee) –  Hermosa Beach, CASeptember 17, 2014
best job i had so far
i learned how to portion/cut/prep foods
my managers are amazing and understanding
co workers are friendly helpful and fast paced
the hardest thing was being below 40degrees in the freezers
i loved it all
Pros
free lunch, great benefits
Cons
short breaks
Fun Work Environment
General Manager (Current Employee) –  DallasApril 22, 2014
Been working for My Fit Foods for a few years. Great concept, great management and owner.
Pros
great starting pay, food, locations
Cons
benefits, work/life balance
Good Team player atmosphere
Front of House (Sales) (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 17, 2012
Wonderful and talented employees from all walks of life;
Continuous learning opportunities;
Fair pay for being retail; and
Great benefits.
I was a cook
Cook/Prep (Former Employee) –  Hermosa Beach, CAJuly 31, 2015
I would follow the instructions on how to cook the meals. And followed the receipt to a T. It was a health store were people that was watching what they eat made a difference in their life so I had to be careful. After cooking the food I would have to package and place the food in the refrigerator so that it would last thru the days to be placed in display to be bought.
Great learning experience, but very unorganized
Assistant Kitchen Manager (Former Employee) –  Conroe, TXFebruary 16, 2015
When I worked there, things were very messed up. Employees did not always get their full pay. Sometimes their checks would be missing at least one hundred dollars. Management was very one-sided. They always chose favorites and sometimes the employees that were actually the very hardworking ones got overlooked. Most of the employees were very easy to work with as long as they did their work. I love to cook so this job was very enjoyable in that way.
Pros
you could break whenever you wanted as long as your work was getting completed
Cons
management was one-sided and always chose favorites

2.9