My Fit Foods Employee Reviews

I was a cook
Cook/Prep (Former Employee), Hermosa Beach, CAJuly 31, 2015
I would follow the instructions on how to cook the meals. And followed the receipt to a T. It was a health store were people that was watching what they eat made a difference in their life so I had to be careful. After cooking the food I would have to package and place the food in the refrigerator so that it would last thru the days to be placed in display to be bought.
we got along as a team
Assembly Lead (Former Employee), Tulsa Ok Cherry StreetJune 11, 2015
Pros: One free tray of food a day plus tasting
Cons: hair net, face mask, rubber gloves and arctic suit
I was lead in the cooler of 32 degress which was trying, where we weight in gram portions of food to create a tray microwavable meal for dietary or health issue customers. All the staff was friendly yet hard working team players.
Good place to work.
Lead Cook (Current Employee), Austin.. palamer locationJune 5, 2015
Pros: half price lunch
Cons: 30 min. lunch and 15 min short break
Good work. Produces and average of 5000 meals daily. Good people to work for hate to leave but they are closing the kitchen in all there stores.
Very unprofessional
Nutrition Coach (Former Employee), Houston, TXJune 1, 2015
Unfortanetly, this company is unprofessional. There are people associated within corporate and management that are not knowledgable of the field and/or profession. There are district managers who have no health, food service or, wellness experience comparing weight loss management to selling JEANS! They only cared about pushing sales to individuals without and care or consideration. At the end of the day, the company is poorly management from the store level all the way of to the corporate retail management. But on the bright side if you know someone that knows someone you can advance without the proper credentials, education, or experience.
Cold and dreary
Prep Cook (Former Employee), Scottsdale, AZMay 29, 2015
Pros: None.
Cons: Cold, and unorganized.
My time at mff was not a good experience. Very unorganized, no management structure at all, no room for advancement, no compensation or even recognition for labor. No reviews-so no raises. Really a bad company as far as I'm concerned. I would n
NOT recommend this place to any one.

Side note: Food sucks. I don't know who comes up with the bland recipes full off pepper and three different kinds of garlic but that food is pure horror. Period. Overpriced. You can make a better eating choice at the salad bar in whole foods!!!
not very good work environment
KITCHEN MANAGER (Current Employee), Houston TXFebruary 17, 2015
Pros: free food
Cons: short breaks and bad environment
there is a very high turn over rate and inconsistencies within the company. there was room for advancement but there is no employee reviews done for any raises to be given. There is also no incentives for employees causing them to be unmotivated and dread working there.
Great learning experience, but very unorganized
Assistant Kitchen Manager (Former Employee), Conroe, TXFebruary 16, 2015
Pros: you could break whenever you wanted as long as your work was getting completed
Cons: management was one-sided and always chose favorites
When I worked there, things were very messed up. Employees did not always get their full pay. Sometimes their checks would be missing at least one hundred dollars. Management was very one-sided. They always chose favorites and sometimes the employees that were actually the very hardworking ones got overlooked. Most of the employees were very easy to work with as long as they did their work. I love to cook so this job was very enjoyable in that way.
fast paced/extensive work environment
BOH - CREW MEMBER (Former Employee), The Woodlands, TXJanuary 11, 2015
Cons: little to no breaks
A typical work day would consist of a rush to get your job completed in a timely manner, but the work load would make it impossible to finish within 8 hours. The environment was either too hot to the point that you're sweating from little movement and feel as if you're suffocating, or it would be too cold to the point your fingers and the rest of your body are too stiff to move at the pace needed to get things done. The only thing enjoyable about this job would probably be the people you meet working there.
Fun Envoriment
Warehouse Operations Manager (Former Employee), Houston, TXDecember 11, 2014
Start up
No idea turned away
Good product
Upper management approachable
This is the worst job I have ever had and I'm sure they won't survive without change
Kitchen Manager and Chef (Former Employee), Austin, TXNovember 9, 2014
Pros: i think they finally got benefits
Cons: atmosphere, management, ownership, work/life balance
I believed in this concept so much when I started here. I thought that I would meet people with like minds and ambitions, which, sadly, was not the case.

The team I managed was amazing- very good people. The upper management team is a joke. Nepotism is a very common concept here as the owner chooses to hire his friends and ex-girlfriends. They cuss and scream at staff and don't understand their customers.

You are expected to work 6 days a week and if you need time off or request a legal lunch break, you will be denied.

The food used to be healthy food- now it is processed and completely unhealthy.

I'm not a bitter ex-employee, the truth is that all of the people I worked with previously have been let go in the past year as this company is struggling. I would never recommend anyone take a position at this company.
Productive Nutrition, goal orientated.
Manager/Nutrition Consultant (Former Employee), Houston, TexasNovember 2, 2014
I worked on nutrition plans, helping clients meet weight loss goals. Managing employees with a vast energy. The most enjoyable part of the job was seeing clients meet goal.
it was high energy and always somthing to do.
NUTRUTIONAL CONSULTANT (Former Employee), houston texas 77043September 30, 2014
Pros: free food
Cons: seeing people in pain that couldn't lose weight or not enough disipline.
get to work and take clients thru the 21 day challenge to help educate them on the importance of nutrition. and i would go and do outside sales to bring sales in and i believed in what i did.
Productive and free spirit
Portioner (Former Employee), Hermosa Beach, CASeptember 17, 2014
Pros: free lunch, great benefits
Cons: short breaks
best job i had so far
i learned how to portion/cut/prep foods
my managers are amazing and understanding
co workers are friendly helpful and fast paced
the hardest thing was being below 40degrees in the freezers
i loved it all
Easy going job with very minnimal stress
Kiosk Associate (Former Employee), Katy, txAugust 9, 2014
Pros: easy job
Cons: can be unorganized
Its a job that will work with you and you schedule.
great job for college students
Amazing Passionate Upcoming Company that grew to quickly...
Manager (Current Employee), HoustonJuly 29, 2014
Pros: 50% of all products
Cons: no breaks, lunch breaks, etc.
Overall a great learning experience, met a ton of self-motivated, young, hard-workers that share the same passion for Food, Health and Life.

Downside: Company outgrew itself very quickly and the dynamics quickly changed. Longer Hours, Foundation was not properly developed, requiring others to work extended days and hours to meet production needs.
N/A
Kitchen Associate (Current Employee), ChicagoJuly 28, 2014
I'm typically cooking and making preparation for the meals needed to make everyday.
It's an okay place to work, can be slow.
Assistant General Manager (Current Employee), Houston, TXJune 4, 2014
It's a pretty easy job, centered around customer service. Co-workers are outgoing and everyone seems to get along which creates a great team and atmosphere. I thoroughly enjoy coming to work
Nice experience. Different.
Portioner (Former Employee), Hermosa Beach, CAMay 9, 2014
Pros: learning new skills and techniques. challenging. great for fitness
Cons: lack of interaction with higher uppers aside from kitchen manager.
At My Fit Foods, it's a grate opportunity for someone who's desire to be a chef or wish to run there own restaurant.It's a fast paced environment with a high demand of competition required from it's employee's. The best thing about them my time working there was Management.They set the tone for the day with team meetings and having that game plan to help us get through what seemed like a very long workday.They were inspiring and motivating; encouraging team members to take advantage of the chance to rise with the company. Communication and chemistry of team members were stellar. The hardest part of the job is being placed all over the kitchen after working most of the time in the freezer. Because of the difference of temperate, when you outside of the freezer and being assigned different duties, it get's too hot; causing perspire, to being subjected to getting sick. The most enjoying had to be the energy and vibe as all the employees on shift worked as a team to get the job complete, Very rare was our shift job duties incomplete for lack of effort from other employees, which made the day fast and easy.
most disorganized, unfriendly, unwelcoming work experience.
Production (Former Employee), Scottsdale, AZApril 23, 2014
Pros: leaving work
Cons: working
When i worked here, it was a disaster. Heres a run down on a typical day:
Get to work at 2pm
See that we must make 1700 meals total.
See thaf boss only schelued 4 people on producrion that day.
See that cooks have cooked only dinner meals.
See that labeler only labeled breakfast meals
I go to freezer room and the boxes of produce that came in are everywhere in the room creating a definite fire hazard.
Wait around till cooks make breakfast food so we can finally start making meals around 3-3:30.
Start making meals, when I get to snacks, realized that prep didnt prep the apples, oranges, etc.
Have to prep self.
See that portioner decided to just not portion about 50 or more portion cups for meals.
Have to portion self.
By 6 o clock only have snacks and half breakfast done because of all the delay and disorganization.
Oh yeah, did i mention our dishwasher didnt show up?
One of the 4 people on production have to move to dishes. 3 people making meals.
Dishwasher was scheduled 5 days a week. Only showed up 1 day a week.would call in or no show almost everyday. Ever fired? Nope.
Making more meals and realized prep didnt dice the chicken.
Go to prep diced chicken, WOOPS, raw chicken. (Idk what kind of cook, cant cook chicken all the way thru.)
Have to put chicken back in oven.
Work, work, work
After meals finally done, clean everything. Sounds easy right? Wrong. Most cleaning equipment was broken or we didnt even have any.
After cleaning, we all hop on dishes and help finish.
Leave around midnight. Wake up next day and do almost same thing again.
This is just a TYPICAL day at myfitfoods – more... when i worked there. Can you imagine what happens when things went wrong?
My boss had forgot to order gloves, trashbags, washcloths, aprons.
He has forgotten to order meal boxes, and produce, and meat, and seasonings.
I had a accaintence hired, he worked for two whole weeks, but its too bad because my boss forgot to put him on payroll and he.didnt get paid for another 4 days. (Not only employee paycheck theyve messed up)
When I started here, i was making 10$p/hr. After two months they cut everyones pay without any notice, before or after.
Our hours used to be 12-cls but was changed 2-cls because the two stores we made food for, did not know how to send pre-orders before 2. Although, our last pre order usually came in around 3:30. This was changed without notice as well. I did not know I would be working different hours until the day the new schedule came up.
The last thing on my list is that I have not received my w2 form. I filed for an extention. I called and emailed them but no one has responded. If i dont get a call or email back by friday Im calling the BBB. – less
Fun Work Environment
General Manager (Current Employee), DallasApril 22, 2014
Pros: great starting pay, food, locations
Cons: benefits, work/life balance
Been working for My Fit Foods for a few years. Great concept, great management and owner.